PDA

View Full Version : sharpe-AFC WEST will have 3 playoff teams

chiefsfolife
11-28-2005, 08:21 AM
(Nov. 27, 2005) -- The AFC rankings are virtually set.

Obviously, Indianapolis is the top team and Denver is a close second and will battle them for home field throughout the playoffs. The Colts have too many weapons on offense and defense, though.

Cincinnati is playing well and will get in, as it should. Carson Palmer is having a great season. Chad Johnson, Rudi Johnson and T.J. Houshmandzadeh also are playing well, as is the defense.

Throw in the AFC East and you get your fourth division winner, the Patriots. They have injury after injury, their running game is shaky at best right now, and they force Tom Brady to throw 50 times a game. That is not exactly what makes up a championship team. The good news for them is the other teams in their division are the Bills, Dolphins and Jets, and they're going nowhere this season.

After that, it gets a bit tricky. Pittsburgh has a tough road ahead. It will play Indianapolis on Monday night, then Cincinnati at home, Chicago at home and at Minnesota before finishing it out against Cleveland and Detroit. Those next four games obviously are going to be tough, to say the least. Ben Roethlisberger has missed four games this season, and the Steelers are not the same team without him. If I had to guess, I would say they aren't going to make the playoffs.

So who does that leave? Kansas City and San Diego.

As long as LaDainian Tomlinson keeps dazzling defenses, the Chargers should return to the playoffs.
As we all know by now, the Chargers started off the season 0-2, then 2-3. Now they sit at 7-4 and have the key ingredients for a top-quality team: a strong running game and a good defense. We don't even need to talk about how great LaDainian Tomlinson is. The guy simply is unbelievable and can go the distance at any moment, as evidenced by his game-winning run against the Redskins.

On the other side of the ball, San Diego can stop the run. I would feel a little more secure in the Chargers if they had a better pass defense. Their only two losses since September came by two points to Pittsburgh and three points to Philadelphia.

Kansas City's defense is not as good as San Diego's, but the Chiefs can score. With Trent Green putting the ball up and Larry Johnson running with it, they will be OK.

Jacksonville is in the mix as well, but I just think San Diego and Kansas City are better teams.

So the way I see the AFC shaking out is: Indy, Denver, Cincinnati, New England, San Diego and Kansas City.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9065785

patteeu
11-28-2005, 08:37 AM
He actually said the AFC West will have 3 playoff teams, although I find that hard to believe given the Chargers' and Chiefs' schedules and the fact that the Chiefs and Chargers have to play each other. I think one of these teams will make it as a wildcard (unless Denver completely collapses) and the other wildcard will be either Jax or Pitt/Cinci.

Lzen
11-28-2005, 08:39 AM
The way that reads is that the AFC West will have 3 playoff teams.

ChiefsFan4Life
11-28-2005, 08:41 AM
It's weird to read something written by him that's not phonetically correct, it really should read something like:

(Nov. 27, 2005) -- The AFC rankings are virtually set.

Obviously, Indianapolis is ........... the top team and ...........Denver is a close second and will battle them for home field throughout the playoffs. The Colts have too ...........many weapons on offense and defense, though.

Cincinnati is playin...........g well and will get in, as it should. Carson Palmer is having a great season. ...........Chad Johnson, Rudi Johnson and T.J. Houshmandzadeh also ar...........e playing well, as is the defense.

Throw in the AFC East and yo...........u get your fourth division winner, the Patriots. They have injury after injury, their running game is shaky at best right........... now, and t...........hey force Tom Brady to throw 50 times a game. That is not exactly what makes up a championship team. The........... good news f...........or them is the other teams in their division are the Bills, Dolphins and Jets, and they're going nowhere this season.

After that, i...........t gets a bit tricky. Pittsburgh has a tough road ahead. It will play Indianapolis on M...........onday night, then Cincinnati........... at home, C...........hicago at home and at Minnesota before finishing it out against Cleveland and Detroit. Those next four games obviously are goin...........g to be tough, to say the least. Ben Roe...........thlisberger has mi...........ssed four games this season, a...........nd the Steelers a...........re not the same team without him. If I ha...........d to guess, I wou...........ld say they aren't going t...........o make the playoffs.

So who does t...........hat leave? Kan...........as City and San Diego.

As long as La...........Dainian Tomlins...........on keeps dazzling defenses, the Chargers should return to the playoffs.
As we all kn...........ow by now, the Chargers started off the season 0-2, then 2-3. Now they sit at 7-4 and ha...........e the key ingredient...........s for a top-quality team: a strong running game and a good defense. We don'...........t even need to talk ...........about how great LaDainian Tomlinson is. The guy simply is unbelievable and can go the distan...........ce at any momen...........t, as evidenced by his game-winning run against the Redskins.

On the othe...........r side of the ball, San Diego can stop the run. I would feel a little more secure in the Chargers ...........if they had a better pass........... defense. Thei...........r only two losses since September came by two points to Pittsburgh and three points to Philadelphia.

Kansas City's defen...........se is not as good as San Diego's, but the Chiefs can sc...........ore. With Trent Green putting th...........e ball up and Larry Johnson running with it, they will be OK.

Jacksonvil...........le is in the mix as well, ...........but I just think San Diego and Kansas City are better teams.

So the way I see th...........e AFC shaking out is: Indy, Denver, Cincinnati, New England, San Diego and K...........ansas City.

........... indicates annoying stutter

chiefsfolife
11-28-2005, 08:44 AM
The way that reads is that the AFC West will have 3 playoff teams.

yea...I fixed it