PDA

View Full Version : Pro Bowlers?

Saulbadguy
11-28-2005, 10:05 AM
Larry Johnson? He is 7th in the NFL in Rushing Yards, and wasn't a starter until week 9. He is tied for 3rd in the AFC with Rudi Johnson. 3rd in the AFC in rushing TD's.

Greg Wesley? Jared Allen? T-Rich?

JimNasium
11-28-2005, 10:06 AM
Gonzo makes it based on reputation. I also think Mitchell should warrant consideration.

Mark M
11-28-2005, 10:09 AM
I honestly can't think of one, except for maybe Waters and perhaps T Rich (still blocks like a beast). Shields maybe (he's been beat more this year than most), and Wesley may get some attention simply due to INTs.

That being said, the only guys who I think are earning it are LJ (as a 3rd behind LT and Edge) and Kaveeka (who's been great this year on a pretty good run defense).

MM
~~:shrug:

the Talking Can
11-28-2005, 10:17 AM
Jared Allen deserves serious consideration.

Wesley just because of his INTs.

LJ is good enough, but his late start will niz that.

that's about it...Shields doesn't deserve it

Gonzo, of course, though he's been out played by Gates.

Cave Johnson
11-28-2005, 10:18 AM
Allen will have to step up his sack production to have any shot. Taylor and Freeney are locks, leaving him to duke it out with Vanden Bosh, Burgess, and Mathis. Although his forced fumbles are 2nd only to Mathis, he's near the bottom in terms of tackles.

Wesley will likely be paired with Troy Polamalu as the starting safeties, unless Lynch gets a reputation vote. INT's are pretty sexy with voters.

phxchief
11-28-2005, 10:23 AM
Johnson (will finish highly in all categories, 2nd in TDs behind LT most likely)

Richardson (if LJ has enough success)

Waters (pretty much a lock imo)

Shields (maybe? this would be a reputation pick for the most part)

Roaf (doubtful, but if he plays all remaining games, he'd have a shot - who else is there? Jones, Pace all in the NFC)

Gonzalez (part reptuation, but he's up there in catches - may even be #1 for a TE in the AFC.... TDs will be the only thing that keeps him out)

Jared Allen (should go as a backup; Burgess, Mathis and Freeney will be tough to beat)

Greg Wesley (voters love INTs)

That's probably it.

Cave Johnson
11-28-2005, 10:26 AM
Gonzo is a near certainty at this point, IMHO. Miller, McMichael, and Heap haven't done enough to unseat him.

htismaqe
11-28-2005, 10:27 AM
Larry Johnson will go to the Pro Bowl.

ct
11-28-2005, 10:34 AM
Larry Johnson definitely will go to the Pro Bowl. Gonzo will still get there, just not as a starter.
Brian Waters will probably get there as well.
Dante has a chance on reputation alone.
Jared Allen has a chance, as does Greg Wesley.
I think the streak ends for both Roaf and Shields.

JimNasium
11-28-2005, 10:38 AM
Larry Johnson will go to the Pro Bowl.
I agree. This will only add to what is looking like a nasty contract renegotiation.

htismaqe
11-28-2005, 10:42 AM
I agree. This will only add to what is looking like a nasty contract renegotiation.

LJ was a Carl pick and they have a "special" relationship. He's not going anywhere, unless he's fed up with getting hate mail from retards...

Rain Man
11-28-2005, 10:44 AM
Larry Johnson definitely will go to the Pro Bowl. Gonzo will still get there, just not as a starter.
Brian Waters will probably get there as well.
Dante has a chance on reputation alone.
Jared Allen has a chance, as does Greg Wesley.
I think the streak ends for both Roaf and Shields.

Sounds reasonable to me, though I don't think Dante will go. There are some other returners out there having good years, and he's not. Wesley may have an outside shot, but I doubt it. He doesn't have the reputation yet. I'd love to see Allen make it. If he gets into double-digit sacks, he's got a shot.

I'm not sure about Richardson and Green. They're definitely on the bubble, if that. Roaf's injury will knock him out, and I'd hate to see Shields miss out, though truthfully this isn't a pro bowl year for him.

Wiegman? He's sure been solid. I don't know about other centers.

Tynes? Isn't he leading the conference or the league in scoring now?

Mitchell's having a good year, but there are too many MLBs who just get automatic passes - Zach Thomas (though he's hurt), Bruschi (though he's got half a season), Ray Lewis (though he's double-teamed on EVERY PLAY! HOW ARE THEY DOING THAT?), Al Wilson (via payoffs to voters), and maybe Vilma (though his team stinks).

CoMoChief
11-28-2005, 11:39 AM
Offense Pro Bowlers:
Larry Johnson
Tony Richardson
Brian Waters
Willie Roaf
Will Shields
Tony Gonzalez

Defense Pro Bowlers:
Jared Allen
Greg Wesley

Special Teams:
Lawrence Tynes

CoMoChief
11-28-2005, 11:41 AM
BTW Did anyone see Will Shields kids yesterday on the video board at the game? Their hair looked rediculous.

Boardin Bronco
11-28-2005, 12:09 PM
Wiegman? He's sure been solid. I don't know about other centers.

With Mawae out, I think the 2 center spots come down to Tom Nalen, Casey Wiegmann, Jeff Hartings and Jeff Saturday.

Dunit35
11-28-2005, 12:36 PM
I just vote for all Chiefs no matter who they are. Although I close my eyes when I click on McCleon and Blacks names.

Tynes is the leader in scorer he has 94 and the 2nd is 89. Allen isnt too far off in tackles compared to other DE's. I dont know why it says he only has 2 fumbles though. Wesley is dominating in the INT category against other safetys. If he doesnt make it, Id be upset over it. He lays wood out there and creates turnovers. Didnt he create the fumble last week also? Mitchell wont make. There are several people way ahead of him in tackles.

Count Zarth
11-28-2005, 04:47 PM
If Jared Allen doesn't go, someone should be shot.

Tynes, too.