PDA

View Full Version : NFT-Satellite Radio

Bill Lundberg
11-28-2005, 02:28 PM
Talk to me about Satellite Radio people. My wife wants to get it for me this Christmas and niether one of us know that much about it. I do know that I want to go with Sirius due to the NFL coverage, and I would like to be able to listen to it in my truck, at work, and at home. I suppose this means I need a plug and play device. Do any of you have any experience or expertise on the topic?????

laser1972
11-28-2005, 02:43 PM
Prices are both down on XM and Sirius. I own the Siruis (mostly for Howard Stern next year), but have had it about one year, not bad.. I listen to NFL coverage in May-July when it was the draft, training camps, etc... Also Jim Bruer Unleashed is pretty funny. Each have their own 80's,70's alternative radio, etc, some channels i would never listen to...

I have the home unit where it hooks up to a stereo, its a plug n play on a cradle type device. Never had any problems.

You can get one basically free if you sign up for a year, just go to any best buy, etc and try it out and see what channels you would like. I think XM has MLB radio...

And all commercial free !!

Bill Lundberg
11-28-2005, 04:01 PM
Anybody else?

dtebbe
11-28-2005, 08:18 PM
I would go with Sirius. I just signed up last week, and the home-team NFL broadcasts rule. I also like the NFL network on there.

DT

KCwolf
11-28-2005, 08:47 PM
Got Sirius....mainly for Stern....but LOVE the NFL channel - @ least I get to hear Vermeil every Friday. Every game on Sundays is on Sirius (both feeds home/away) and I believe Nascar is coming onboard in 06'. Have had few if any problems....."acquiring signal" every now and then - but overall, it's been a good product. Hoping they come out with a walk-man type by Christmas....but I have the car/boombox model - so it's with me most anywhere I go.

Bill Lundberg
11-28-2005, 08:51 PM
Which model do you have if you don't mind me asking?

JBucc
11-28-2005, 08:51 PM
Go with Sirius it rocks even though I've never acutally tried it but I hear it's good plus all these guys say it kicks ass.

the Talking Can
11-28-2005, 08:52 PM
can you listen to all the NFL games on a Sunday..a channel for each?

ChiefsLV
11-28-2005, 09:23 PM
I'm asking for the Starmate Replay for Xmas:

http://www.sirius.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Sirius/CachedPage&c=ProductAsset&cid=1126670694040

Then I'm going to install it in my car like this guy did:

http://users.adelphia.net/~samwarren/XM.html

I'm also installing this thing called a soundgate so that I don't have to use one of those FM modulators which degrade the quality of the sound. The soundgate allows me to plug the satellite radio directly into my stock headunit:

http://search.store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/nsearch?catalog=sjgreatdeals101&query=soundgate%20interface

It's gonna be tight when it's all done.

That is all.

unlurking
11-28-2005, 09:29 PM
can you listen to all the NFL games on a Sunday..a channel for each?
Channel for each team. Can listen to home or away broadcasts (wish DTV had this for Sunday Ticket).

Chiefsrocker
11-28-2005, 09:44 PM
I have both. I have Sirius in my truck and love it. The NFL and almost every college football game. Has a lot to offer for rock stations imo. I listen to XP over Direct TV, and dont reallycare for it. Sirius blows it out of the water IMO. Only thing is its free over the Direct TV, I think. Go with Sirius

dtebbe
11-29-2005, 08:33 AM
Which model do you have if you don't mind me asking?

I got the Sportster Replay, with 3 cradles (one for car, truck, and boat). The pause and rewind is pretty cool.

DT

Undertaker #59
11-29-2005, 09:31 AM
I have the original Sirius Sportster. Also a cradle radio, but currently I only use it in the vehicle. Absolutely love it, I rarely listen to terrestrial radio any more.