PDA

View Full Version : Cincy Pretenders?

petegz28
11-28-2005, 01:33 PM
Who have they beat? They only beat Chicago because of a bad quarteback whoe threw 5 picks. Everyone talks about the Chiefs not playing winning teams good.

Take a look at the Bengals schedule.

Goapics1
11-28-2005, 01:38 PM
How can you punk on the Bengals? They went into hypernation in 1990 and finally rejoined the NFL a couple years ago. C'mon, cut 'em some slack.

petegz28
11-28-2005, 01:41 PM
How can you punk on the Bengals? They went into hypernation in 1990 and finally rejoined the NFL a couple years ago. C'mon, cut 'em some slack.

I am just saying they are not as good as their record indicates is all.

Goapics1
11-28-2005, 01:42 PM
I am just saying they are not as good as their record indicates is all.

Understandable.

But they are winning games they should which could not be said for the last 12-13 yrs.

ptlyon
11-28-2005, 01:43 PM
Guess we will see come the first of the year.

the Talking Can
11-28-2005, 01:45 PM
they're good, but they gave up 29 to the Ravens...that should set off some alarms about their D...

Mecca
11-28-2005, 01:49 PM
The rest of their schedule is basically like that too. So at this point for us making the playoffs, I don't think them not playing anyone really matters.

John_Wayne
11-28-2005, 01:51 PM
Cincy is a good team. Don't underestimate them.

tomahawk kid
11-28-2005, 01:55 PM
They haven't been challenged on a consistent basis due to their schedule.

When they have played a good team, they've come up short.

I bet they get rolled in Round 1 of the playoffs.

Seek
11-28-2005, 01:56 PM
I agree they are pretenders. They are the Chiefs of 2003. They have not beat anyone with a good record. Unfortunately, they don't have to face to many other teams with a good record.

If they played in our division, they probably would be 4th, 3rd at best.

ptlyon
11-28-2005, 01:57 PM
They haven't been challenged on a consistent basis due to their schedule.

When they have played a good team, they've come up short.

I bet they get rolled in Round 1 of the playoffs.

Sounds vaguely familar. :hmmm:

tomahawk kid
11-28-2005, 01:58 PM
Sounds vaguely familar. :hmmm:

Don't it?

Dunit35
11-28-2005, 02:00 PM
Their D isnt as good as people were saying at the first of the year. Anybody notice the Donks passing D is like 27th?

htismaqe
11-28-2005, 02:12 PM
Their D isnt as good as people were saying at the first of the year. Anybody notice the Donks passing D is like 27th?

Denver's defense is interesting...

Here's their defensive rankings:

1st in rushing attempts against
2nd in yards against
18th in rushing yards per attempt
8th in rushing TDs against

29th in completions against
32nd in passing attempts against
28th in passing yards against
8th in passing yards per attempt
23rd in passing TDs allowed
12th in INTs

petegz28
11-28-2005, 02:15 PM

2nd in yards against

12th in INTs

Defensivley they live and die with 1 thing.....the blitz. Even more so they disguise their bltizs and move all around alot on the D side of the ball. If you can pick up their pass rush then can be burned big time. Especially if Wilson is out.

Dunit35
11-28-2005, 02:17 PM

2nd in yards against

12th in INTs

Is the rushing attempts against mean they are #1 because teams run against them alot or because teams never run on them? Cause if its because teams dont ever run against them, we should because they are 18th in rushing yards per attempt.

Cormac
11-28-2005, 02:19 PM
Cincy is a very good team, make no mistake. They're probably a cut below Indy (who isn't) and they lack experience compared to some other teams like Pitt, but they're as good as their record, IMO. They are loaded with talent. They have one of the best QBs in the league, 2 very good RBs, an excellent WR corps (as deep as anybody's), a decent return game, a good kicker and a solid D. Their D isn't great (esp run D IIRC), but it's young and improving. And they make big plays. They are a bit like the '03 Chiefs, but probably more balanced, IMO. I think that they are built to last with Palmer, Chad J, Rudi J, Chris Perry, David Pollack, Justin Smith, Odell Thurman etc.

The fact that they gave up 29 late points to Baltimore is an aberration. They were shutting them out 34-0 and making Boller look like...umm...Kyle Boller. But then they had key turnovers on offense that gave Baltimore room for hope. Baltimore scored 14 points in the space of 3 plays on short fields. They're not a great defense, but they're servicable. Cincy are the kind of team good enough to win 1 playoff game, and more if they're lucky, IMO.