PDA

View Full Version : Al Michaels: Colts have a "good shot" at going undefeated

SNR
11-28-2005, 11:02 PM
Thoughts?

Mr. Kotter
11-28-2005, 11:03 PM
As good as anyone in recent years. I agree....

Bowser
11-28-2005, 11:04 PM
It's a conspiracy. The Colts get homefield throughout the playoffs, go to the Super Bowl, and SUPRISE! It's played in a dome.

I don't think they'll do it. 14-2, MAYBE 15-1. They're good, for sure. But not undefeated good.

Deberg_1990
11-28-2005, 11:07 PM
Dungy has already admitted that he will sit his starters (Like he did last year) if they have nothing more to play for like home field advantage. He said and I quote " They don't give out rings for being 16-0. They give out rings for winning the Super Bowl"

Smart Man.

SLAG
11-28-2005, 11:08 PM
I can see the seahawks winning aganst the colts

Mecca
11-28-2005, 11:08 PM
Oh bullshit, if they have a shot at 16-0 no one will be sitting. He can say that all he wants when you have a shot to make history you don't just pass on it.

ChiefsCountry
11-28-2005, 11:11 PM
I call horsesh*t on this one. Seattle will get them, and probally someone will sneak up on them.

Hoover
11-28-2005, 11:12 PM
I think they could lose next week to the Titans. I just want them to beat other possible AFC Playoff teams.

Deberg_1990
11-28-2005, 11:13 PM
I call horsesh*t on this one. Seattle will get them, and probally someone will sneak up on them.

The Jags defense always plays them tough. They are very hard nosed.

StcChief
11-28-2005, 11:14 PM
Jags, Seattle have very good shot.

tk13
11-28-2005, 11:16 PM
Oh bullshit, if they have a shot at 16-0 no one will be sitting. He can say that all he wants when you have a shot to make history you don't just pass on it.
I wouldn't be surprised.... that's just not Dungy's style.

Especially that last week of the season, I guess it is against the Cardinals... but I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of Jim Sorgi in that one.

Mecca
11-28-2005, 11:18 PM

Especially that last week of the season, I guess it is against the Cardinals... but I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of Jim Sorgi in that one.

I'm sure Manning wouldn't want to be a part of a record......he'd probably throw a fit on the sideline if they took him out when they were 15-0.

Count Alex's Losses
11-28-2005, 11:18 PM
They may lose to Seattle. Other than that.....say goodnight.

Oh, and they WILL lose in the playoffs. **** INDY!

Deberg_1990
11-28-2005, 11:19 PM

Heck, they are such a complete team right now, im sure they could win with Jim Sorgi as well.

tk13
11-28-2005, 11:22 PM
I'm sure Manning wouldn't want to be a part of a record......he'd probably throw a fit on the sideline if they took him out when they were 15-0.
I think Manning would start, he has that consecutive starts streak... but he might not play long. Dungy might put the foot down. It's a tough balance.... because you just can't get someone hurt and ruin a dream season.

I'm all for the Colts running the table. We all should be... since they have to play Jacksonville and San Diego. The Colts winning those two games would really help the Chiefs.

wazu
11-28-2005, 11:28 PM
I think they could lose next week to the Titans.

Just when I think you can't possibly be any dumber, you go and say something like this...

AND TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF!

Hoover
11-28-2005, 11:33 PM
Just when I think you can't possibly be any dumber, you go and say something like this...

AND TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF!
its always some crap team that knocks off an unbeaten

Ultra Peanut
11-28-2005, 11:33 PM

Especially that last week of the season, I guess it is against the Cardinals... but I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of Jim Sorgi in that one.JIM SORGI IS IN THE NFL

MAN WHAT

Joe Seahawk
11-28-2005, 11:48 PM
One Manning down, one to go.. :D

I'm not terribly optimistic at this point. Our pass D needs to play much better to have any chance against the Colts.

The crowd will be a factor though..

Christmas eve Mayhem at Seahawks Stadium! :thumb:

cdcox
11-28-2005, 11:53 PM
My program gives them a 20% shot of running the table in the regular season. I think Dungee would be a fool to interrupt the momentum of his team by benching starters. That's what the bye week is for. You certainly don't want a bye month. Go for history when you get the chance.

Logical
11-28-2005, 11:57 PM
Tennessee move to 12-0
@ Jacksonville (got a break on Leftwich) 13-0
San Diego here IMO is the likely loss ???
@ Seattle (sorry) Joe another win
Arizona (ha ha ha Dungy can rest them and still win

So it likely all comes down to San Diego and I want them to beat the Chargers.

tk13
11-29-2005, 12:28 AM
Well, if they do make it to 14-0, they would clinch homefield for sure. The best Denver could do at that point is tie, and the Colts would've have already gone 12-0 against the AFC. They'd be playing a Seattle team that will probably still be fighting for homefield... I think that might be the best shot at a letdown game. Or at least a game where the Colts have nothing to play for and the Seahawks have everything to play for...

Count Alex's Losses
11-29-2005, 12:37 AM
That's what I see. Seattle will beat them IMO.

ChiefsCountry
11-29-2005, 01:34 AM
Arizona has some firepower on offense that could make it intresting.

philfree
11-29-2005, 01:58 AM
I hate to say it but if the Colts run the table in the regular season it will help the Chiefs in their playoff bid. Well at least beating the Jags and Chawgas will. Tonights game was a win win situation for me. I'd have loved to see Peyton get smashed and the Colts lose but with the Steelers loss our playloff chances increased a little.

PhilFree:arrow:

CoMoChief
11-29-2005, 02:19 AM
The Jags defense always plays them tough. They are very hard nosed.

Well, hopefully that wont happen because we want the Jags, Steelers, and Chargers to lose. We want Denver to lose but more than likely they win the division as much as that sucks to say.

DaWolf
11-29-2005, 02:40 AM
It would be funny to see them go 16-0 and then lose to New England at home in the playoffs again...

Rausch
11-29-2005, 02:42 AM
Never...****ing...happen...

tk13
11-29-2005, 02:54 AM
It would be funny to see them go 16-0 and then lose to New England at home in the playoffs again...
Wouldn't that be hilarious? Belichick would become the greatest evil sports mastermind in history. It'd be like he was toying with everybody. I'd get a kick out of it.

Rausch
11-29-2005, 02:57 AM
Wouldn't that be hilarious? Belichick would become the greatest evil sports mastermind in history. It'd be like he was toying with everybody. I'd get a kick out of it.

You'll have to excuse me if I have a bit of schadenfugmanning...

Count Alex's Losses
11-29-2005, 03:08 AM

I am counting on it! ROFL

Frosty
11-29-2005, 07:58 AM

It would be even funnier (and cooler) if it were the Chiefs that beat them.

Paybacks!!

MOhillbilly
11-29-2005, 08:04 AM
It would be even funnier (and cooler) if it were the Chiefs that beat them.

Paybacks!!

the breakdowns before such a game on CP would be the stuff of legends.

Extra Point
11-29-2005, 08:11 AM
Other than seeing a horse kick Al Michaels in the head, I would like to see the Chiefs underdog their way to a Super Bowl win.

Dungy seems like a man of his word. I'm sure he would play Manning, James and Harrison for the first half, let him get their 3 TD's, then let the defense try and hold their opponents, while they run the ball on practically every possession.

Tony Dungy is flat-out the best coach in the NFL right now.