PDA

View Full Version : The QB situation in the NFL

Rain Man
11-29-2005, 11:23 AM
As things stand right now, including injuries, which teams are very strong, strong, okay, weak, or very weak at QB? Take into account current strength, not potential or history. Who would you be comfortable with as a starter for the rest of the year?

For your convenience, I've included a list of current starting QBs.

And why do 40% of the league's starting QBs have last names that start with B or M?

Without bothering to do research or look up stats, my take would be:

Very Strong: Brady (NE) Manning, P. (Ind) Palmer (Cin) Roethlisberger (Pit)

Strong: Bledsoe (Dal) Brees (SD) Favre (GB) Green (KC) Hasselbeck (Sea) Johnson (Min) Plummer (Den)

Okay: Brooks (NO) Brunell (Was) Delhomme (Car) Losman (Buf) Manning, E. (NYG) McNair (Ten) Vick (Atl) Warner (Ari)

Weak: Carr (Hou) Collins (Oak) Dilfer (Cle) Harrington (Det) Martin (STL) Orton (Chi) Simms (TB)

Very Weak: Boller (Bal) Bollinger (NYJ) Frerotte (Mia) Garrard (Jac) McMahon (Phi) Smith (SF)

Alphabetical Listing

Bledsoe (Dal)
Boller (Bal)
Bollinger (NYJ)
Brady (NE)
Brees (SD)
Brooks (NO)
Brunell (Was)
Carr (Hou)
Collins (Oak)
Delhomme (Car)
Dilfer (Cle)
Favre (GB)
Frerotte (Mia)
Garrard (Jac)
Green (KC)
Harrington (Det)
Hasselbeck (Sea)
Johnson (Min)
Losman (Buf)
Manning, E. (NYG)
Manning, P. (Ind)
Martin (STL)
McMahon (Phi)
McNair (Ten)
Orton (Chi)
Palmer (Cin)
Plummer (Den)
Roethlisberger (Pit)
Simms (TB)
Smith (SF)
Vick (Atl)
Warner (Ari)

greg63
11-29-2005, 11:31 AM
I'm just going to pick one, because he is familiar with our current offense, and that being Warner.

StcChief
11-29-2005, 11:41 AM
I'm just going to pick one, because he is familiar with our current offense, and that being Warner.

Agreed. If available and we had to sign someone....Seems like a no brainer. Just because of the instant offense knowledge.

Collins???? despite several years in the system. Can he start for any length of time against good teams.

Coaches say they are comfortable with him. Blowing smoke....