PDA

View Full Version : Stretch play, bootleg to Rod Smith, naked bootleg

Bootlegged
11-29-2005, 12:38 PM
Anderson up the gut, bootleg to Rod Smith, stretch play-cutback, bootleg to ________, slant to Rod Smith, stretch play, bootleg to 3rd string TE = Touchdown.

Denver's first 10 plays scripted.

mac58
11-29-2005, 12:42 PM
YEAH THEY KILL US WITH THAT GODDAM BOOTLEG

Extra Point
11-29-2005, 12:49 PM
Anderson up the gut, stopped by Mitchell 3 yd gain.
Rt Square-out to Lelie deflected by Sapp
Smith inside slant for 1 st down

Plummer naked bootleg contained by Allen. Plummer out of series with strained left ankle.
Dayne up middle. 6 yds
Anderson up middle - 2 yds
Punt.

Mr. Laz
11-29-2005, 12:51 PM
Anderson up the gut, bootleg to Rod Smith, stretch play-cutback, bootleg to ________, slant to Rod Smith, stretch play, bootleg to 3rd string TE = Touchdown.

that's been their entire playbook against us for the last 3 years.

we can't seem to deal with it

sedated
11-29-2005, 12:54 PM
I wonder if Bell's fat-ass will be able to catch up with Jake the Fake. (probably not)

Kendrell needs to put down the doughnuts and get on the treadmill.

Brock
11-29-2005, 01:00 PM

Not at Mile High, anyway.

Dark Horse
11-29-2005, 01:01 PM

You forgot to add Plummer left handed throw Intercepted returned for T.D.

Bootlegged
11-29-2005, 01:01 PM
sweet, Redrum is back. Another mother joke

beer bacon
11-29-2005, 01:09 PM
I wonder if Bell's fat-ass will be able to catch up with Jake the Fake. (probably not)

Kendrell needs to put down the doughnuts and get on the treadmill.

The reason Plummer beat him into the endzone in Denver didn't have anything to do with speed. Bell fell down.

MIAdragon
11-29-2005, 01:12 PM
God I hate that play

DaFace
11-29-2005, 01:46 PM
We just need someone to not bite on the play action before the bootleg and absolutely light Plummer up ONCE. He'll think twice before he runs out after that.

Mile High Mania
11-29-2005, 01:47 PM
I like those plays, Lattimer... "long live the bootleg"!

Deberg_1990
11-29-2005, 01:50 PM

If Gun could just teach these guys to keep their shoulders square to the line of scrimmage, everything would be ok. Thats a big if. You would think they would have learned by now??

HemiEd
11-29-2005, 01:50 PM
We just need someone to not bite on the play action before the bootleg and absolutely light Plummer up ONCE. He'll think twice before he runs out after that.

I have been anticipating a hard hit on him for a while, one where you can see the snot fly and his helmet rolling. :D

Black Jack Savage
11-29-2005, 01:53 PM
LT referred to it as a 'Kill Shot', and I think that Kawika is due one on Jake the Fake.

BigChiefFan
11-29-2005, 01:56 PM
They run the same lame-ass, play-action, go to the 2nd string TE in the endzone every year and every ****ing year it works. You would think some players like Browning, Hicks, Warfield would know that by now.

I hate the Broncos and hope we rip their faces off on Sunday!

TRR
11-29-2005, 02:13 PM
Why change if it works? It seems like if KC stops the bootleg, it opens up the stretch play, and vice versa. Hopefully KC can limit Denver, and their offense is clicking.

Denver is not a come-from-behind team.

Mile High Mania
11-29-2005, 02:17 PM
Denver is not a come-from-behind team.

Well, we really don't know if they are or not... they were killed in week 1, but that's really the only game where they were in a situation to "come back" from a deficit. So, they haven't been tested in that regard... they've definitely been tested in protecting leads. Going to OT was good for them last week. We'll see.

Iowanian
11-29-2005, 03:10 PM
I'm hoping to see something different.

I think it would be much better to see the Chiefs get the Kickoff, and go up 7-0.

I'd like to see the First donk Series go something like this:
Donk back left for 1yd
Donk back right for 2 yards
Plummer crushed on PA Pass as he throws, INT by.....anyone in Red.

It'd be fabulous if it took 3 drives for the Donks to run 10 offensive Plays.

Thig Lyfe
11-29-2005, 03:25 PM
I say we play an 11-man spy to counteract the bootleg.

Extra Point
11-29-2005, 03:44 PM
Noticed that Allen was lined up as DT on a few plays? Do it again, stunt him outside from RDT, and contain. No more preschool, no more off tackle and bootleg runs.

sedated
11-29-2005, 03:49 PM
The reason Plummer beat him into the endzone in Denver didn't have anything to do with speed. Bell fell down.

that makes me feel much better. :rolleyes:

Is that defending him, or piling on? tough to tell :hmmm:

Mr. Laz
11-29-2005, 05:46 PM
don't really need a spy if we play aggressively

stops their stretch run play,bootleg and pressures the passer

outside linebackers are also in the quick slant passing lanes

but can surtain,warfield and wesley hold their own? Can Knight and Mitchell keep the middle strong?

Bootlegged
11-29-2005, 05:56 PM
don't really need a spy if we play aggressively

stops their stretch run play,bootleg and pressures the passer

outside linebackers are also in the quick slant passing lanes

but can surtain,warfield and wesley hold their own? Can Knight and Mitchell keep the middle strong?

You're assuming that Denver will need to double team OUR dt's? Don't think so.. any center that called protection should see that blitz coming and let the G/T block.

Mr. Laz
11-29-2005, 07:55 PM
You're assuming that Denver will need to double team OUR dt's? Don't think so.. any center that called protection should see that blitz coming and let the G/T block.
ya ... that's where mitchell and knight would have to step forward and fill the hole.

the question is, is the exchange worth it?

weaker in the middle to stop all the outside stuff that has killed us.

how well can we disguise it?

philfree
11-29-2005, 09:10 PM
Stopping Denver's O is all about discipline and nothing more. If the our DEs and LBs stay disciplined we can contain them and also avoid the big plays that lead them to scores. Human nature is to chase the ball and the Donks exploit that as good as any offense in the NFL ever has. Our players on D must attack their responsibilities and stay aggressive without chasing the ball and leaving gaping holes in the cutback lanes or leaving the bootleg open to get outside. The way the Donks run their O is tough to cover because even though it's refered to as the stretch in their running game the cut back lanes are always inside but then the passing game is always outside. It's kinda like watching a good point guard drive the lane and then dish the ball outside as the D collapses inside which leads to easy scores or yards in the case of football. If the D stays disciplined the big plays won't have a chance to ever develope. Of course in the case of the Donks they will keep doing the same things until the D breaks discipline. Once they get a D to break they get them in a guessing game mode and basically trick them into repeating the same mistake/mistakes over again. Discipline is the key!

PhilFree:arrow:

dtebbe
11-29-2005, 09:43 PM
I have been anticipating a hard hit on him for a while, one where you can see the snot fly and his helmet rolling. :D

Dear Santa,
I would like an early present this year.....

DT

philfree
11-29-2005, 09:58 PM
Dear Santa,
I would like an early present this year.....

DT

I'd never wish real harm on anyone but a few shots to Plummer like Holcombe and Brady took early in those games could go a long way in giving the chiefs a chance to come back and win the AFCW. Shanny has done a great job of taking Plummer out of harms way but Plummer is still just a few hard hits from his past. I wish no real harm to Jake but if he was carted off the field this sunday I probably wouldn't have alot of immediate remorse. Like I said I don't want any real harm to come to any player............I just want to see us rattle his cage enough for him to regress to his true self for the rest of the season.......I have a feeling that Gun is on the same wave as I am. We've been taking teams hearts of latley now we need to take a soul or two.

PhilFree:arrow:

ChiefsCountry
11-29-2005, 10:15 PM
If our ends would just play contain like you are taught from 7th grade then we would stop that stupid play.

SLAG
11-29-2005, 11:09 PM
Heres what i dont get if we can stop vick how come we cant stop Plummer.... Vick is way better at the bootleg and the nakeds.... We Took their soul that day

beer bacon
11-29-2005, 11:16 PM
Just once I would actually like to see us actually play Plummer's bootleg right. It would be nice for once to see one guy on the RB/TE that is leaking out, and one guy on Plummer. Said guy on Plummer then could actually just go full force and drive Plummer's head into the ground without being hampered by indecision.

ChiefFan31
11-30-2005, 03:13 AM

Are you referring to the 4th a goal play where Jake ran a naked boot for a TD that essentially put a dagger in our hearts?

Kendrell Bell did not fail because he was too slow to stop Plummer or fell down.

I watched that play closely...and I yelled at the damn TV. He immediately slanted inside and completely ingorned his main responsibility on that play - contain - he was the outside contain in that goal-line package.

That allowed Jake to run his punk ass untouched into the end zone.

That was one, like posted above, if he would have kept contain..believe me he would have knocked the snot outta Plummer..a type of hit that is a game changer...Bell has more natural explosion coming out of his hips than I have ever seen in a linebacker.

Now, we just need to stay aggresive, but disciplined, just like the dude philfree posted.

Gaz
11-30-2005, 05:55 AM
We seem to get over-eager against Denver. We lose any semblance of containment and the misdirection plays eat us up.

Let us hope that Gunther issued a few dope-slaps and got the boys’ attention.

xoxo~
Gaz
Wants to see some discipline.

kregger
11-30-2005, 08:30 AM
Just once I would actually like to see us actually play Plummer's bootleg right. It would be nice for once to see one guy on the RB/TE that is leaking out, and one guy on Plummer. Said guy on Plummer then could actually just go full force and drive Plummer's head into the ground without being hampered by indecision.

I vote for Benny Sapp to knock him silly.

petegz28
11-30-2005, 09:05 AM

What was the score last time we played Denver at Arrowhead?

Mr. Laz
11-30-2005, 11:46 AM
What was the score last time we played Denver at Arrowhead?
yes,yes,yes everyone on this thread knows the Home vrs Road advantage.

this isn't about talking smack, this about talking tactics etc.

here's a tissue ... :deevee:

Bootlegged
12-04-2005, 02:42 PM
Eh, close enough. Same result as always.