PDA

View Full Version : A dip into the not-so-distant past ...

Nightwish
11-29-2005, 11:53 PM
I'm interested in knowing what Planet members thought of Rich Gannon after he joined the Raiders. Did you hate him because he was now the enemy? Did you still like him, not blaming him because maybe Marty gave him a raw deal? Did you not care one way or the other.

Personally, I was in the still like him, don't blame him, Marty did him wrong camp. I always wished he had gotten a better shot at being somebody's #1 QB (preferably ours, but at least somebody's) before he got too old to be effective anymore.

c13zephyr
11-29-2005, 11:57 PM
I liked him. He didn't leave because of a poor team or what not. He left because the Chiefs were dumb. The Raiders showed him the money. I'd do it too given the situation.

If he would have left after being the indisuputed starter, then I'd hate him.

Even though I liked him after going to Oakland I still wanted his head on a pole when the Chiefs played him. Enemies during a game. Friends outside of the stadium.

Baconeater
11-30-2005, 12:01 AM
I wasn't too happy that the Chiefs let him go, then I got pissed that he kept beating us. Never cared for his red-ass attitude either.

greg63
11-30-2005, 12:35 AM
I'm interested in knowing what Planet members thought of Rich Gannon after he joined the Raiders. Did you hate him because he was now the enemy? Did you still like him, not blaming him because maybe Marty gave him a raw deal? Did you not care one way or the other.

Personally, I was in the still like him, don't blame him, Marty did him wrong camp. I always wished he had gotten a better shot at being somebody's #1 QB (preferably ours, but at least somebody's) before he got too old to be effective anymore.

Yup, ditto that!

BigMeatballDave
11-30-2005, 12:38 AM
I didn't care, at first. Then I realized we kept the wrong QB.(Damnit, Carl!) Then, when Gannon started kicking our ass as a Faider, I hated him...

Nzoner
11-30-2005, 06:19 AM
I have fond memories of Rich as a Raider,like the time he got his butt pancaked by Siragusa in the AFC Championship or throwing 5 INT's in the Super Bowl.

Phobia
11-30-2005, 06:23 AM
Hated him period. Hate all Raiders period.

milkman
11-30-2005, 06:25 AM
He went to the ****in' Raiders.
At that point he became a useles piece of shit traitor that needed to be hurt.

**** him.

MichaelH
11-30-2005, 06:27 AM
I liked him much more than Grbacker and was a little upset at the management to let him go to the enemy. Then it seemed he became the perfect faider, a complete my poop doesn't stink prick.

Dartgod
11-30-2005, 06:37 AM
Way to go, numbnuts. You have likely lured IT out of the DC forum.

Oh, and I hated him as soon as he signed with the Faders.

KCTitus
11-30-2005, 06:37 AM
At the time...I thought the FO made the right decision to go with Grbac who was younger and had a better arm.

Hindsight, however, offers a different perspective. Marty should have started Gannon in the 1997 playoff game as that was KC's best shot at making the SB. Of course, Marty should have also played Greg Hill who busted a 20+ yard run on the first play and never touched the ball again until very late 4th quarter, but I digress.

I didnt mind Gannon so much, I just didnt like the one 'fan' that had the web shrine to him.

Skip Towne
11-30-2005, 07:02 AM
Yeah, IT should be here any time now. Your and idiot.

Extra Point
11-30-2005, 07:17 AM
The hand writing was on the wall when they played Grbust in the playoff game. That move made me hate the Raiders less, because I respected Gannon so much. Marty was a dumbf#ck for not playing Gannon. The Chiefs were on the downhill slide when Elpiss stepped on the playing field. If you couldn't tell that there were more players with more respect for Gannon than Grbac, you are a complete idiot.

jidar
11-30-2005, 07:36 AM
I wanted to kick him in the face.
I wanted to run him over with my jeep then back over him again when he screamed.
I wanted to give him really nasty indian burns.
I was that mad.

morphius
11-30-2005, 08:12 AM
I haven't liked him since he screwed up with the Vikings. Throw in the number of times he almost killed our receivers with his too high passes, and well, I never liked him.

Radar Chief
11-30-2005, 08:21 AM
I'm interested in knowing what Planet members thought of Rich Gannon after he joined the Raiders. Did you hate him because he was now the enemy?

Yes.

Did you still like him, not blaming him because maybe Marty gave him a raw deal?

Yes, but it didnít matter. He was still the enemy.

Radar Chief
11-30-2005, 08:22 AM
Way to go, numbnuts. You have likely lured IT out of the DC forum.

:LOL: I'll admit, I laughed.

kregger
11-30-2005, 09:03 AM
Yup, hated him. Still thought Chiefs made the right move by keeping Grbac, Made it easier to dislike him when he went to the dark side.
BTW, he still should have started that playoff game. Marty's dumbest move as a Chief.

Ultra Peanut
11-30-2005, 09:16 AM
Hated Grbac, was firmly convinced Gannon was the man for the job, and was pissed off when we kept the crappy one over the decent one.

When he became a Raider, he became... a Raider. Not worthy of my support for as long as he was wearing those nasty colors.

Sully
11-30-2005, 09:32 AM
I was a Grbac apologist as well, due mainly to the slary cap implications at the time. (hadn't we just given Grbac $10 mi +?)
Plus, as slippery and crafty as he was, Gannon always seemed like a prick off the field.

Iowanian
11-30-2005, 09:35 AM
I didn't mind gannon, he should have kept playing over that p@ssy Grbac, and he jobbed by Marty-CP.

Once he became a raiduh.....He became hated.

Rain Man
11-30-2005, 10:27 AM
I was a Grbacer, and thought Gannon was really just a journeyman backup. I still think I was right, except for the Grbac part.