PDA

View Full Version : FF question and poll

kregger
11-30-2005, 07:21 AM
I was wondering if anyone else on CP has a predicament. I personally have never had a Donk or a Raiduh on a team that I own. Well, I did have Mike Anderson a few years back when Griffin was the man(dropped him after 2 weeks).
How do you root for a Donk when, at our gut level, we hate those ****ers?
Poll to follow

ct
11-30-2005, 07:35 AM
I vote 'Ashamedly yes', because there is some guilt there. Honestly though, I'd have preferred a "Just bidness, not personal (as long as they aren't playing KC)" option.

There is a fine line between individual success and team success. I have LdT and Lamont Jordan on my team, LdT being my franchise player for the last 4 years (a 1 player keeper league). Won 2 of the last 3 championships, and just earned the top seed in this year's playoffs.

Like I said, there's a little guilt, but so long as they aren't playing KC, I want them to succeed individually, while whole-heartedly hoping another bozo on the team will screw up and they lose.

However, I try to avoid playing these guys when they play KC, though I'm an idiot to bench LdT. At that point, you just take 1 for the team, and hope KC shuts em down. I will NEVER play another teams defense against KC though.

Anyway, there's my hypocritical philosophy.

Hoover
11-30-2005, 07:41 AM
I think Fantasy Football makes me a better fan. I know playes stats off the top of my head, its crazy. To be good at FF you can't be a homer. So I love LT, but when the Cheifs are playing the Chargers I'm fine when he is held to -12 rushing yards

kregger
11-30-2005, 07:43 AM
I left the bolts off the question because I don't have the same degree of hate for them. I also have Brees as QB. I can only dream of LdT as my back. I have LJ though and I'm riding 2nd place in my league right now.

ct
11-30-2005, 08:59 AM
Another example of the disconnect between rival team hatred Homerism, and FF individual players:

I despise the Raiders, Broncos, and Rams, and certainly root against San Diego, but can't call that hatred. Yet my RB corp consists of LdT, Jordan, Stephen Jackson, and Larry Johnson, and I frickin LOVE it!!! Add in Carson Palmer, Donald Driver, Anquan Boldin, Jeremy Shockey, and hopefully a soon to return Darrell Jackson, and I'm gonna bring home the hardware this year!!! AGAIN!!!

patteeu
11-30-2005, 09:20 AM
I just dropped the Chiefs' defense and picked up the Broncos. My primary defense this year was Baltimore for the first few weeks and later became the Lions. The Chiefs had been my backup and I finally used them the week they played at Houston (where they did very well thanks to Warfield's pick6). But looking ahead at the Chiefs' schedule, I see a good Chiefs defense being challenged by a bunch of very good offenses. When I looked at the waiver wire, I saw that Denver has it's upcoming home games on weeks when the Lions are on the road so I dropped the Chiefs and picked up the Broncos. Fortunately, I'll be playing the Lions this week so I won't have any active Broncos when my Chiefs are hosting them. But in the end, I have to agree with the sentiment that you can't be a homer if you want to succeed at fantasy football. You do what you've got to do.