PDA

View Full Version : Differences between Week 3 and Week 13

cmh6476
11-30-2005, 11:29 AM
list them here.

I found a post I made at fft after the beatdown, and it brought back some memories of that game and why this game will be much different.

First and foremost, we are going from Mile High to Arrowhead. Huge advantage for the Chiefs.

Intensity Level - I think in week three, the Chiefs were coming off two big wins and felt they could waltz into Mile High and come away with an easy win. The Broncos were ready and stuffed it down our throats. Remember Champ's comments? "they ain't bringing all they got, but they will. be ready." He knew the Chiefs weren't playing with the intensity they had to to beat the Broncos. This game is different because we are now fighting for our playoff lives, and that intensity will be there. That doesn't change how the Broncos will play on Sunday, but I do think the Chiefs will come out firing.

Dexter McCleon - Dexter was torched in week 3 like we had seen the past couple years. Remember the Jacksonville game? You know, those games where teams do nothing but throw, throw, and throw at him and he's just torched play after play. Well, I don't think we'll be seeing too much of McCleon this week, and if I do say so myself, Warfield has played very well the last couple weeks.

Offensive Line- Roaf was gone in week 3, and I think that was the first week Black had prepared all week to play LT. The line just wasn't as comfortable and Black is not good on the left side. Now our line's back and playing well, at least they did last week against the Pats. They need to keep that up again this week.

anything else that's different from the 2 matchups?

Dunit35
11-30-2005, 11:42 AM
Defense has gelled a lot since then.
Offense has gelled a little bit more.
LJ, LJ, LJ

foxman
11-30-2005, 11:45 AM
10 Weeks :shrug:

Mr. Kotter
11-30-2005, 11:52 AM
I think the Chiefs are much more cohesive on defense....Warfield's presence will help; and Sim's possible appearance can't hurt. DJ and Bell have continued to improve in Gun's scheme. Allen is now a force to be dealt with. We have to be in Jake's face--and his head: early and often.

Offensively, having Roaf back will help a lot, and playing at Arrowhead is a huge advantage. I'm not sure LJ's presence is a big plus necessarily, because Denver's tough against the run regardless. I think Green has to have a really good game for us to win this one.

In a nutshell, this comes down to Jake and Trent in my mind.

Unless we get out to a big early lead, it will be a dogfight. I expect the Chiefs to win, but won't be surprised if Denver is just too much.

Of course, unless Denver wins the Superbowl this year, their season will be a colossal failure. ;)

Dunit35
11-30-2005, 11:56 AM
I think the Chiefs are much more cohesive on defense....Warfield's presence will help; and Sim's possible appearance can't hurt. DJ and Bell have continued to improve in Gun's scheme. Allen is now a force to be dealt with. We have to be in Jake's face--and his head: early and often.

Offensively, having Roaf back will help a lot, and playing at Arrowhead is a huge advantage. I'm not sure LJ's presence is a big plus necessarily, because Denver's tough against the run regardless. I think Green has to have a really good game for us to win this one.

In a nutshell, this comes down to Jake and Trent in my mind.

Unless we get out to a big early lead, it will be a dogfight. I expect the Chiefs to win, but won't be surprised if Denver is just too much.

Of course, unless Denver wins the Superbowl this year, the season will be a colossal failure. ;)

Agreed, I have been nervous for this game since Sunday night. I usually dont get nervous until Saturday, but not this week. This game means way too much. I think we will be able to run on them, why I think that I dont know. I think the line is ready to prove that they can still dominate a high powered D-Line.

siberian khatru
11-30-2005, 12:13 PM
Intensity Level - I think in week three, the Chiefs were coming off two big wins and felt they could waltz into Mile High and come away with an easy win.

Actually, I think they went in there already beaten. I think they had it in their heads they weren't going to win.

mike_b_284
11-30-2005, 12:28 PM
I remember all the pregame hype about DV's record in Denver. That created a mental barrier for the whole team

JakeT
11-30-2005, 12:30 PM
I'll just go with o-line

We were minus Roaf & Welbourne (a solid run blocker) and we were facing a D-line that prior to that game was a bunch of castoffs from Cleveland who got dominated by Miami.

Week 13 we will see the Chiefs o-line with something to prove.

Plus last game we were down 17 pts after LJ's fumble which was our 3rd possession of the game and we left the running game quickly.

Ain't gonna happen this time.

Now that our o-line

Sure-Oz
11-30-2005, 12:39 PM
Defense is def. better but they are better as well, but we will be ready and it should be a good fight!

fan4ever
11-30-2005, 12:40 PM
We can run the ball, but pass protection will be absolutely key, and that's why it's so nice having Roaf back; got Trent's blind side covered.

foxman
11-30-2005, 12:41 PM
Kind of makes you think that Roafs been held for this game, just to make sure he was healthy without risk of further or reinjury.

morphius
11-30-2005, 12:56 PM
Kind of makes you think that Roafs been held for this game, just to make sure he was healthy without risk of further or reinjury.
Since he played all of last game, its hard to say that's true.

foxman
11-30-2005, 01:12 PM
Since he played all of last game, its hard to say that's true.

DOH!
:banghead:

milkman
11-30-2005, 01:21 PM
This game comes down to two things for the Chiefs.

The Chiefs O-Line vs. the Donkeys D-Line.

Chiefs have to continue to play a maul ball stlye, pound the ball with LJ, and play action pass, which means that the O-Line has to create seams for LJ, and protect Green.

And the Chiefs must be disciplined on defense.

They have to stay at home, and not be suckered by the boot leg.