PDA

View Full Version : f*cking neighbor!

Pages : [1] 2

bogie
11-30-2005, 11:33 AM
I'm wanted too build a storage shed on the back of my garage without pulling permits. I have 80% of the construction done when my neighbor questioned whether I pulled permits or not. I met with him to work out what I could do to make him happy without pulling permits. After we had what I thought was a good meeting and after I told him I would do what he requested to make him happy, he called building and safety and reported that I'm building an unperimtted addition to my garage. Now, I realize that I was wrong and he has every right to do that, but he's going to cost me roughly $10k to redo what I've done. Therefore, I don't feel much like being the good neighbor anymore. Therefore I intend on seeing to it that he complies with all the rules as well. He has several big trees that hang over onto my property. Does anyone know who is required to maintain the limbs that hang over? If I want to have the trees trimmed so they don't hang over, do I have to pay for that, or is he responsible. I'm so pissed right now, I feel like starting up a Hatfield and McCoy feud.

Goapics1
11-30-2005, 11:35 AM
Put a bowl of antifreeze in his yard.

Dunit35
11-30-2005, 11:36 AM
Whoop his ass, C-bass.

Lzen
11-30-2005, 11:37 AM
Dumbass. You should've gotten the permit beforehand.

:p

Brock
11-30-2005, 11:37 AM
I remember this topic.

I told you so.

bogie
11-30-2005, 11:39 AM
Dumbass. You should've gotten the permit beforehand.

:p

I'm gonna slit your bag and stick your leg through it!!!

bogie
11-30-2005, 11:40 AM
I remember this topic.

I told you so.

:banghead:

Sully
11-30-2005, 11:41 AM
Have you considered stabbing him in the face?

bogie
11-30-2005, 11:42 AM

yes, yes I have

SLAG
11-30-2005, 11:42 AM

you could....

"Give Him a Kick in the C*nt"

foxman
11-30-2005, 11:44 AM
It wasnt him.

:reaper:

bogie
11-30-2005, 11:44 AM
I remember this topic.

I told you so.

I can walk down my street and point out numerous unpermitted jobs. I happen to have a tree hugging by the books mother f*cker adjoining my property.

WisChief
11-30-2005, 11:45 AM
Give it to his wife in your new shed when it's all done.

jspchief
11-30-2005, 11:46 AM
Go kick his ass. You're already out 10K, what's a few days in jail?

bogie
11-30-2005, 11:47 AM
Give it to his wife in your new shed when it's all done.

She's old and ugly, but I'm gonna do that!

Mr. Laz
11-30-2005, 11:49 AM
I feel like starting up a Hatfield and McCoy feud.
i'd be pissed too and he'd know it.

revenge is best served cold though ... be patience and you'll get your chance to hit him HARD where it hurts.

StcChief
11-30-2005, 11:50 AM
There is a Jack a$$ in every neighborhood.

Should have know about this guy before now.

Rausch
11-30-2005, 11:50 AM
Where I live you're allowd to cut down/mow anything that hangs over your property line.

My neighbor keept promising he'd trim his trees (which lean over the line to where 1/2 the trunks are even on my property.) He never did.

I took my dish and moved it across the yard then stripped those ****ing trees bare. At least, the half that hung over on my side. That's a pretty big weight distribution problem, I'd think.

After the first big storm (about 3 months ago) he finished trimming his half...

bogie
11-30-2005, 11:51 AM
Go kick his ass. You're already out 10K, what's a few days in jail?

I'm done with the nice neighbor sh*t. Seriously, I want to make his life a living hell! Everytime he has a party, I'm going to call the police. When I have a party I'm turning up the volume! I have a reputation of always being the nice guy. I AM GOING TO CHANGE THAT!!

Brock
11-30-2005, 11:53 AM
I can walk down my street and point out numerous unpermitted jobs. I happen to have a tree hugging by the books mother f*cker adjoining my property.

That's why a 50 dollar permit might be worth the money.

bogie
11-30-2005, 11:54 AM
Where I live you're allowd to cut down/mow anything that hangs over your property line.

My neighbor keept promising he'd trim his trees (which lean over the line to where 1/2 the trunks are even on my property.) He never did.

I took my dish and moved it across the yard then stripped those ****ing trees bare. At least, the half that hung over on my side. That's a pretty big weight distribution problem, I'd think.

After the first big storm (about 3 months ago) he finished trimming his half...

But do I have to pay for trimming his trees that hang over on my property?

bogie
11-30-2005, 11:55 AM
That's why a 50 dollar permit might be worth the money.

I couldn't build what I wanted with the permit. That's why I didn't permit it Dad!

Phobia
11-30-2005, 11:55 AM
Damn. Sounds like an expensive lesson. Be the bigger person. It's your fault, not his.

Rausch
11-30-2005, 11:56 AM

**** that, I did it myself.

I wanted him to see me out there doing it. Kinda' sends a message.

Now we get along great.

Mr. Laz
next time he leaves town for a few days

sneak into his house and go up to his highest available sink ... stop up drain with something convenient ... turn faucets on ... leave.

p.s. do at night, wear gloves :D

sedated
Slash his tires.

Kill his pets.

Set his house on fire.

Just be sure to cost him the 10K he cost you (that can be monetarily or emotionally)

Brock
11-30-2005, 11:57 AM
I couldn't build what I wanted with the permit. That's why I didn't permit it Dad!

Oh! Well in that case, you did the right thing, son! Congrats!

Rausch
11-30-2005, 11:58 AM
Damn. Sounds like an expensive lesson. Be the bigger person. It's your fault, not his.

He was a dick on top of it.

Most of my neighbors would point out that I could have a problem if I didn't stop construction. But then, most of my neighbors are really good people that mind their own business and wouldn't care anyway...

jspchief
11-30-2005, 11:58 AM
I know a roofer you could hire to climb on his roof and drop a dead baby pig through a roof vent into his attic. Come summertime, it's going to get ugly.

foxman
11-30-2005, 11:59 AM
Seriously.....how do you KNOW he did it?

I would think before you do something to compound the problem...when technicaly you are the one that made the mistake, you should make darn sure you know for a fact it was him.

Fire Me Boy!
11-30-2005, 12:00 PM
Where I live the same rule applies as where Rausch is... whatever hangs across your property line is yours, so to speak. If you want to cut, cut it. I sure as hell wouldn't do a neat, clean job either... mangle that ****in' tree.

However, that being said, I like the advice someone gave about revenge being served cold... let it lie for a couple of months (or longer) and really stick it to him. Do your research... make sure his fence isn't on your property line, shit like that. Make him pay. What a dickweed.

bogie

I know it's my fault. I'm tired of being the bigger person. I always take the bigger person role. I didn't do anything that millions of other home owners haven't done. But because nice guys finish last, I got busted. I WANT REVENGE!!!

Baby Lee
Anyone have info on the necessity of permits for front yard retaining walls? I have a raised lot [my front door is about 5' above the city street, and my short front yard declines rapidly] and erosion is a problem on the left hand side of my property [abutting the alley].
My neighborhood isn't nearly nice enough to have historical or appearance clauses, the fence for my back yard already establishes my property line, and the entirety of the wall will be well above street grade, so utilities are not in play. But I'm lerry of inquiring, as I'm paranoid that they'll take advantage my openness to drudge up some revenue producer I'll have to buy for my trouble, regardless of it's actual applicability.

Fire Me Boy!
11-30-2005, 12:03 PM
Do it yourself... get a dull chainsaw or loppers and **** that tree up!

Lzen
11-30-2005, 12:05 PM

Mind if I ask why? It sucks, I know. There's always at least one jackass in the neighborhood. Seriously, if you knew this, you should've worked all of it out with him before you ever started building. I'm sure you realize this now and I'm not trying to be an ass. Chalk it up to a lesson learned. I understand your situaition somewhat as I have some neighbors that can be(and have been), on occasion, assholes.

Phobia
11-30-2005, 12:05 PM
I know it's my fault. I'm tired of being the bigger person. I always take the bigger person role. I didn't do anything that millions of other home owners haven't done. But because nice guys finish last, I got busted. I WANT REVENGE!!!

If you're always the bigger person then you know how much you have to work for it and you know how well you sleep at night. I'd smile at him and laugh hysterically every time you see him. Point, maybe. That will keep him wondering.

Plant some creeping nasty vines on your property line seems pretty lame to me. Garden hose through the window always works but it fingers you.

Rain Man
11-30-2005, 12:06 PM
Before I offer revenge techniques, I'd like to know a little more about the conversation. Obviously, something bothered him about your new shed. Was it over the easement, or was it not to code, or was it unattractive from his kitchen window? If it's invisible to him and high quality, then we'll talk. Otherwise, phobia's got a point.

As an aside, we have a row of small houses on our block that are all owned by non-local landlords, and they don't take care of the properties at all. Finally, one of them rented to some college kids who were completely out of control, and the whole block nuked them. We gave them a chance to meet with the entire block to commit to being better landlords, and one of them made the mistake of saying, "I'm not doing anything, and you won't, either."

So we called a meeting with the 25 homeowners (nearly the entire block), the police, the local school, the city councilperson from our district, and neighborhood services, and we got the heck fined out of them for everything from unkempt yards to broken sidewalks. We also found out that we can get their tenants evicted if two of us independently sign "disturbing the peace" complaints, and after that, the City can seize the properties as nuisance properties and auction off the house.

Two of the three houses are now vacant, and the third has been fixed up quite a bit. The second anyone moves in there, we're going to be on top of them like ugly on Al Wilson. Those landlords are going to behave well or sell.

bogie
11-30-2005, 12:07 PM
i'd be pissed too and he'd know it.

revenge is best served cold though ... be patience and you'll get your chance to hit him HARD where it hurts.

I don't know if I have patience anymore. Right now, 48 years of doing the right thing, being a nice guys, turning the other cheek, looking on the bright side, blah, blah, blah is beginning to emplode on me. I'M MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE!

bogie
11-30-2005, 12:08 PM
There is a Jack a$$ in every neighborhood.

Should have know about this guy before now.

SHOULDA, WOULDA, COULDA

fan4ever
11-30-2005, 12:09 PM
Did the construction screw up his view, or otherwise lessen the enjoyment/value of his property? If not, this guy's definitely a dick, if so, you can hardly blame him.

On the tree trimming, I'm sure it varies from state to state, but in some states you can hire someone to do it, and the neighbor with the tree is responsible for the bill. A tree trimming company in your area would probably know for sure. They might want you to pay them yourself, and then you'd have to present the bill to your neighbor...which might be fun.

bogie
11-30-2005, 12:10 PM
**** that, I did it myself.

I wanted him to see me out there doing it. Kinda' sends a message.

Now we get along great.

THAT'S WHAT I WANT, I WANT TO SEND THE MOTHER F*CKER A MESSAGE THAT I AM PISSED.

Lzen
11-30-2005, 12:11 PM
Before I offer revenge techniques, I'd like to know a little more about the conversation. Obviously, something bothered him about your new shed. Was it over the easement, or was it not to code, or was it unattractive from his kitchen window? If it's invisible to him and high quality, then we'll talk. Otherwise, phobia's got a point.

As an aside, we have a row of small houses on our block that are all owned by non-local landlords, and they don't take care of the properties at all. Finally, one of them rented to some college kids who were completely out of control, and the whole block nuked them. We gave them a chance to meet with the entire block to commit to being better landlords, and one of them made the mistake of saying, "I'm not doing anything, and you won't, either."

So we called a meeting with the 25 homeowners (nearly the entire block), the police, the local school, the city councilperson from our district, and neighborhood services, and we got the heck fined out of them for everything from unkempt yards to broken sidewalks. We also found out that we can get their tenants evicted if two of us independently sign "disturbing the peace" complaints, and after that, the City can seize the properties as nuisance properties and auction off the house.

Two of the three houses are now vacant, and the third has been fixed up quite a bit. The second anyone moves in there, we're going to be on top of them like ugly on Al Wilson. Those landlords are going to behave well or sell.

Hmm, that's good to know. There's a house on the corner that is a rental and the owners live out of state. There have been some tenants that we didn't care for. I'll have to keep these things in mind if there are tenants there that cause problems. :)

bogie
11-30-2005, 12:11 PM
Slash his tires.

Kill his pets.

Set his house on fire.

Just be sure to cost him the 10K he cost you (that can be monetarily or emotionally)

I won't kill his pets, but the house on fire thing sounds good.

bogie
11-30-2005, 12:12 PM
Oh! Well in that case, you did the right thing, son! Congrats!

When did you and Mom get a computer!!!

Amnorix
11-30-2005, 12:13 PM
The usual rule is that you own your property, and everything below it and everything above it, up into the sky. There's some kind of federal law that trumped this for purposes of allowing planes to fly (I'm serious).

The answer is that, so far as I know, you alone would own, and be responsible for, anything on YOUR property, and that would include overhanging tree limbs.

That's what allows you to hack them all off, and have an horrendous and unsightly "one-sided" tree if you'd like.

Lzen
11-30-2005, 12:13 PM
I won't kill his pets, but the house on fire thing sounds good.

Don't do anything to get yourself thrown into prison. :shake:

Rain Man
11-30-2005, 12:14 PM
Hmm, that's good to know. There's a house on the corner that is a rental and the owners live out of state. There have been some tenants that we didn't care for. I'll have to keep these things in mind if there are tenants there that cause problems. :)

I think the key in our case was that when all of the authorities showed up at the meeting, we had nearly every house on the block represented. If one homeowner complains, they can't be sure who the problem is, but 25 homeowners acting together gets everybody's attention fast.

bogie
11-30-2005, 12:15 PM
He was a dick on top of it.

Most of my neighbors would point out that I could have a problem if I didn't stop construction. But then, most of my neighbors are really good people that mind their own business and wouldn't care anyway...

That's it, the mother f*cker should mind his own business!!! What I was building wasn't effecting his life at all!!! He's a DICK!

Cave Johnson
11-30-2005, 12:16 PM
Based on your evasiveness on the specifics, I'm guessing there was something about the shed that your neighbor objected to.

And at 48 years old, you should know better than to attempt to go around local codes.

Brock
11-30-2005, 12:16 PM
When did you and Mom get a computer!!!

It was a reward for ratting you out! LOL

bogie
11-30-2005, 12:17 PM
Seriously.....how do you KNOW he did it?

I would think before you do something to compound the problem...when technicaly you are the one that made the mistake, you should make darn sure you know for a fact it was him.

I just know. At this point, I don't care if I have proof. 2+2= MY NEIGHBOR IS A DICK!

Rausch
11-30-2005, 12:18 PM
Anyone have info on the necessity of permits for front yard retaining walls? I have a raised lot [my front door is about 5' above the city street, and my short front yard declines rapidly] and erosion is a problem on the left hand side of my property [abutting the alley].
My neighborhood isn't nearly nice enough to have historical or appearance clauses, the fence for my back yard already establishes my property line, and the entirety of the wall will be well above street grade, so utilities are not in play. But I'm lerry of inquiring, as I'm paranoid that they'll take advantage my openness to drudge up some revenue producer I'll have to buy for my trouble, regardless of it's actual applicability.

I remember joking with a friend of my uncle's that I wanted to erect a 12 foot concrete wall to keep my neighbors cats out.

He said you probably could on a dead-end street but not a high traffic area. Also said it had to be 4 feet (I think) back from the street because the city has rights to that (telephone poles, water lines, etc) and have to be able to access it....

Rausch
11-30-2005, 12:19 PM
That's it, the mother f*cker should mind his own business!!! What I was building wasn't effecting his life at all!!! He's a DICK!

This is probably the blind leading the blind here, but I'd calm down and make sure he was the fink that placed the call before eating his children...

foxman
11-30-2005, 12:22 PM
I just know. At this point, I don't care if I have proof. 2+2= MY NEIGHBOR IS A DICK!

What if you do something that causes you more money or worse

and what if that something causes him harm or worse....

and what if you then find out your wrong about him ratting you out..

Think about the crime shows on TV when someone kills someone and then they find out it was the wrong person or that person was pregenant or some awful thruth. Chew on that for moment before you do something stupid, stupid.

I'm just saying, mad as you are, right or wrong you need to be 100% sure he did it. If you are 99.9999999999 then thats not enough. In addition I would like to add that, while he might very well be a jerk and the one who ratted you out....you are in the wrong.

bogie
11-30-2005, 12:24 PM
Based on your evasiveness on the specifics, I'm guessing there was something about the shed that your neighbor objected to.

And at 48 years old, you should know better than to attempt to go around local codes.

STFU noob! The old me would have put a smilie face with that. The new me really means. SHUT THE F*CK UP NOOB!!!

go bowe
11-30-2005, 12:25 PM
My neighborhood isn't nearly nice enough to have historical or appearance clauses, the fence for my back yard already establishes my property line, and the entirety of the wall will be well above street grade, so utilities are not in play. But I'm lerry of inquiring, as I'm paranoid that they'll take advantage my openness to drudge up some revenue producer I'll have to buy for my trouble, regardless of it's actual applicability.i'd call the permit/inspections office at city hall and find out...

i didn't need one here in independence for putting in one along my driveway, well a few feet from the concrete where i put gravel to extend my driveway...

the city didn't care about how high it was or where it was so long as it didn't impede access to any utilities...

but i didn't ask about concrete walls, just treated wood or stone...

i'm sure that's the way it was, because the neigbor's squeeze from sleazy motorcycle gang hell called the city to complain about it several times and nothing ever happened...

jspchief
11-30-2005, 12:25 PM
Think about the crime shows on TV when someone kills someone and then they find out it was the wrong person or that person was pregenant or some awful thruth. Chew on that for moment before you do something stupid, stupid.

Those are shows that are written for entertainment value. In real life, when you kill someone in a revenge fueled fit of rage it's almost always the right person.

Bowl of anti-freeze.

foxman
11-30-2005, 12:27 PM
Those are shows that are written for entertainment value. In real life, when you kill someone in a revenge fueled fit of rage it's almost always the right person.

Bowl of anti-freeze.\

Ripped from the headlines! :cuss:

:rolleyes:

Sully
11-30-2005, 12:27 PM

Bowl of anti-freeze.

That's true. Actually I think Donahue said that.

go bowe
11-30-2005, 12:28 PM

Two of the three houses are now vacant, and the third has been fixed up quite a bit. The second anyone moves in there, we're going to be on top of them like ugly on Al Wilson. Those landlords are going to behave well or sell.go get 'em, tiger!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

luv
11-30-2005, 12:30 PM
Why play guessing games? I would walk right up to my neighbor and ask him why (not if as that leaves to much room for him saying he didn't) he did it. See what he has to say. If he insists that he didn't, then call someone about his trees hanging over to see how he reacts.

Braincase
11-30-2005, 12:30 PM
If you're going to do his wife, be sure to get it on camera...

bogie
11-30-2005, 12:31 PM
What if you do something that causes you more money or worse

and what if that something causes him harm or worse....

and what if you then find out your wrong about him ratting you out..

I'm just saying, mad as you are, right or wrong you need to be 100% sure he did it. If you are 99.9999999999 then thats not enough. In addition I would like to add that, while he might very well be a jerk and the one who ratted you out....you are in the wrong.

jesus h christ!!! how many times do i have to say i know i was in the wrong. I DON'T CARE THAT I WAS IN THE WRONG!!! I live a simple little life, I ALWAYS try to do the right thing and I'm god d*mb tired of doing the right thing. Even if I permitted the building, my neighbors view would have been the same. We met, he complained about the view, I told him I would plant trees or climbing vines to cover his view and I tought all is well. The same day we met and I told him it wasn't permitted was the same day the complaint was registered, coincidence??? I DON'T THINK SO!!!

Rausch
11-30-2005, 12:31 PM
Why play guessing games? I would walk right up to my neighbor and ask him why (not if as that leaves to much room for him saying he didn't) he did it. See what he has to say. If he insists that he didn't, then call someone about his trees hanging over to see how he reacts.

Good advice...

Sully
11-30-2005, 12:32 PM
jesus h christ!!! how many times do i have to say i know i was in the wrong. I DON'T CARE THAT I WAS IN THE WRONG!!! I live a simple little life, I ALWAYS try to do the right thing and I'm god d*mb tired of doing the right thing. Even if I permitted the building, my neighbors view would have been the same. We met, he complained about the view, I told him I would plant trees or climbing vines to cover his view and I tought all is well. The same day we met and I told him it wasn't permitted was the same day the complaint was registered, coincidence??? I DON'T THINK SO!!!

I think you are in the wrong here...

Inspector
11-30-2005, 12:32 PM
Afew years ago I added a 14 x 20 screened in room on the back of my house. Made all kinds of racket and a huge mess during construction and no, I never got any permits.

Never had a problem. In fact most of the neighbors were glad that I made improvements. They had enough intelligence to realize that improving the value of my property = helping the value of theirs.

Sorry your neighbor is an asshole. That sucks. The good news? You made me realize just what great neighbors I have.

bogie
11-30-2005, 12:34 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

sedated
11-30-2005, 12:34 PM
What if you do something that causes you more money or worse...

what if that something causes him harm or worse....

what if you then find out your wrong about him ratting you out..

...thanks grandma.

the last thing we need right now is rational thought.

always best to go on pure emotion, no one ever makes mistakes when an emotional reaction is involved.

Cave Johnson
11-30-2005, 12:35 PM
Someone should alert the Cali police, we may have a Falling Down in progress.

KCChiefsMan
11-30-2005, 12:36 PM
golly what a bastard! just remember, if you seek revenge on him....he'll probably do the same back at ya again! I never understand why something like that could bother somebody to go out of their way to call the permit people when it really shouldn't bother them.

foxman
11-30-2005, 12:36 PM

ROFL

Well good luck with it then. Come back to the Planet after the 5-10 you do....and please we wont want to hear about you being deflowered when you get there.

Sure-Oz
11-30-2005, 12:37 PM
that really sucks, **** his wife and send him the tape

Craash
11-30-2005, 12:40 PM
Sure-Oz,

Who is the chick in avatar? Girl next door look.

Sure-Oz
11-30-2005, 12:41 PM
Sure-Oz,

Who is the chick in avatar? Girl next door look.
one of my kickass friends, we might hook up soon, but she lives a few hrs away that is really whats holding it back right now.I'll see her in a few weeks. :)

Rausch
11-30-2005, 12:42 PM
one of my kickass friends, we might hook up soon, but she lives a few hrs away that is really whats holding it back right now.

Get a ****ing gas card...

Halfcan
11-30-2005, 12:44 PM
Throw dead fish in his back yard, back up his sewer so the waste floods his house, every time he leaves home break out one of his windows, then if that fails burn his house down. Then you can build whatever you want.

Craash
11-30-2005, 12:44 PM
one of my kickass friends, we might hook up soon, but she lives a few hrs away that is really whats holding it back right now.I'll see her in a few weeks. :)

How about the uncropped version of that pic (plus any others you may have)?

jspchief
11-30-2005, 12:45 PM
How about the uncropped version of that pic (plus any others you may have) via PM? :drool:Yea, because there is nowhere else to find hot chicks on the internet. :shake:

Sure-Oz
11-30-2005, 12:46 PM
Get a ****ing gas card...
lmfao work and school its hard to go visit since i work 6 days a week mostly but ill see her soon and am planning to visit her soon too. we'll go out and decide whats up. :)

bogie
How about the uncropped version of that pic (plus any others you may have) via PM? :drool:

why don't you put your d*ck back in your pants and hijack someone else's thread.

Sure-Oz
How about the uncropped version of that pic (plus any others you may have) via PM? :drool:
haha she'd kick my ass and she could too. :deevee:

Fire Me Boy!
11-30-2005, 12:47 PM
I'm wanted too build a storage shed on the back of my garage without pulling permits. I have 80% of the construction done when my neighbor questioned whether I pulled permits or not. I met with him to work out what I could do to make him happy without pulling permits. After we had what I thought was a good meeting and after I told him I would do what he requested to make him happy, he called building and safety and reported that I'm building an unperimtted addition to my garage. Now, I realize that I was wrong and he has every right to do that, but he's going to cost me roughly $10k to redo what I've done. Therefore, I don't feel much like being the good neighbor anymore. Therefore I intend on seeing to it that he complies with all the rules as well. He has several big trees that hang over onto my property. Does anyone know who is required to maintain the limbs that hang over? If I want to have the trees trimmed so they don't hang over, do I have to pay for that, or is he responsible. I'm so pissed right now, I feel like starting up a Hatfield and McCoy feud.
... but Geico just got me a great deal on my car insurance!

Craash
11-30-2005, 12:47 PM
why don't you put your d*ck back in your pants and hijack someone else's thread.

F**K you. Do you have a permit to be a dick?

Craash
11-30-2005, 12:48 PM
Yea, because there is nowhere else to find hot chicks on the internet. :shake:

If I had to explain the attraction of "real" girls, you wouldn't understand anyway.

bogie
11-30-2005, 12:49 PM
Afew years ago I added a 14 x 20 screened in room on the back of my house. Made all kinds of racket and a huge mess during construction and no, I never got any permits.

Never had a problem. In fact most of the neighbors were glad that I made improvements. They had enough intelligence to realize that improving the value of my property = helping the value of theirs.

Sorry your neighbor is an asshole. That sucks. The good news? You made me realize just what great neighbors I have.

That's my point, my neighbor is an asshole!

jspchief
11-30-2005, 12:50 PM
F**K you. Do you have a permit to be a dick?Do you have a permit to be a creepy pervert that asks for pics of people's freinds?

For chrissakes... there's 10 million naked women on the internet. Asking for pics of someone's freind just makes you sound pathetic.

ROYC75
Should have told him that when completed, the beer and naked girls were at his free will.

Brock

Dude....who's the dick again? I'm beginning to think it isn't your neighbor.

bogie
11-30-2005, 12:51 PM

I don't need a permit for that!!!

jspchief
11-30-2005, 12:52 PM
If I had to explain the attraction of "real" girls, you wouldn't understand anyway.So a picture PM'd to you is real, but any other picture on the internet isn't? That fact that you've tricked your penis into thinking any picture is real tells me all I need to know. If you want a "real" girl, you're not going to get one acting like a creep on internet message boards.

Craash
11-30-2005, 12:54 PM
Do you have a permit to be a creepy pervert that asks for pics of people's freinds?

For chrissakes... there's 10 million naked women on the internet. Asking for pics of someone's freind just makes you sound pathetic.

I get it. You're gay.

All I asked for was uncropped version of his avatar. Now, go bother someone else.

luv
11-30-2005, 12:56 PM
I get it. You're gay.

All I asked for was uncropped version of his avatar. Now, go bother someone else.
Please. Explain how that makes him gay? I missed that lesson, I guess. I'm just writing it off as you being a horn dog.

Craash
11-30-2005, 12:57 PM
Please. Explain how that makes him gay? I missed that lesson, I guess. I'm just writing it off as you being a horn dog.

Shouldn't you be baking?

Saul Good
11-30-2005, 12:57 PM
Get a tube of superglue and 4 tiny pebbles. Remove the caps from the air nozzles on his tires. Put a little drop of superglue inside each cap. Put one tiny pebble on top of the superglue. Replace the caps. The air will come out of all of the tires. When he fills them back up, he will put the caps back on, and the air will come out again and again.

luv
11-30-2005, 12:58 PM
Shouldn't you be baking?
It would be more enjoyable than....oh, never mind.

Craash
11-30-2005, 12:59 PM
It would be more enjoyable than....oh, never mind.

I agree.

bogie
11-30-2005, 01:01 PM
Dude....who's the dick again? I'm beginning to think it isn't your neighbor.

I'm so done with the nice guy BS! I know this thread doesn't show it, nor do I care anymore, but up to this point I have lived my life as the nice guy. Seriously, my Dad lived his life being a nice guy and I used to respect that and tried to mold myself from that. But when I think back on all the times my Dad got sh*t on... I now realize that things are going to be different with me. In my business, it seems that the people that are successful are the DICKS! It really bugged me when I had to deal with assholes. Now I'm beginning to understand why they are who they are. Because it works! Look at this board, it seems the people that have gained the most respect are the ones that don't care what other people think of them. I've spent my life wanting people to like me because I'm a nice guy. BOOOOORRRING!!!!

jspchief
11-30-2005, 01:02 PM
I get it. You're gay.

All I asked for was uncropped version of his avatar. Now, go bother someone else.You don't get it. Asking strangers for pictures of their freinds over the internet is weird. I imagine Sure Oz isn't reel keen on the idea of you jacking off to a pic of his female freind.

It's not about liking girls. It's about being a creep about it instead of just using porn like normal people do.

luv
11-30-2005, 01:03 PM
I'm so done with the nice guy BS! I know this thread doesn't show it, nor do I care anymore, but up to this point I have lived my life as the nice guy. Seriously, my Dad lived his life being a nice guy and I used to respect that and tried to mold myself from that. But when I think back on all the times my Dad got sh*t on... I now realize that things are going to be different with me. In my business, it seems that the people that are successful are the DICKS! It really bugged me when I had to deal with assholes. Now I'm beginning to understand why they are who they are. Because it works! Look at this board, it seems the people that have gained the most respect are the ones that don't care what other people think of them. I've spent my life wanting people to like me because I'm a nice guy. BOOOOORRRING!!!!
There's a balance. Don't go the other extreme either.

bogie
11-30-2005, 01:03 PM
Get a tube of superglue and 4 tiny pebbles. Remove the caps from the air nozzles on his tires. Put a little drop of superglue inside each cap. Put one tiny pebble on top of the superglue. Replace the caps. The air will come out of all of the tires. When he fills them back up, he will put the caps back on, and the air will come out again and again.

That is BRILLIANT!!!

4th and Long
11-30-2005, 01:04 PM
Shouldn't you be baking?
< insert pie joke here >

Iowanian
11-30-2005, 01:05 PM
I've got some ideas but you'll need to purchase a permit to use them.

Thanks for reminding me to make my weekly phone call. I moved to a nicer neighborhood this summer, and there is 1 dirtbag house full of dirtbag dirtbags, who probably are also Bronco fans. They have 30-40 bags of garbage thrown outside against the house, more than likely a meth lab in a backyard shed and crap strewn everywhere.

They don't have the energy to take the garbage 30' to the street, but some of the dirtbag, dirtbags have the energy to box and some weak ass kung fu in the yard on occasion, but then again, I'd have energy to burn if I slept all morning and got up when Iowanian was going back to work from lunch too.

many of my neighbors are older and have complained about it to me, and the city....another younger guy and myself have waged a Jihad on them.

Someday, when dust of that house's demolition has settled, I'll share the story.

Craash
11-30-2005, 01:07 PM
You don't get it. Asking strangers for pictures of their freinds over the internet is weird. I imagine Sure Oz isn't reel keen on the idea of you jacking off to a pic of his female freind.

It's not about liking girls. It's about being a creep about it instead of just using porn like normal people do.

Dude, just stfu. He uses a picture of what appears to be a attractive, possible unclothed, woman as his avatar. I asked about it. He then proceeded to talk about possible hookingup with her. It takes a drama queen like yourself to blow it out of portion. Sure didn't seem to bother him. Who made you the Woman Lib rep of the planet?

Iowanian
11-30-2005, 01:07 PM
It'd be a damn shame if some Karo syrup accidently spilled into the gas tank of his lawn mower/Saab.

ferrarispider95
11-30-2005, 01:08 PM
Let me guess you met her on the internet

Phobia
11-30-2005, 01:08 PM
Who made you the Woman Lib rep of the planet?

Actually, I did. I'm sorry. A formal announcement is forthcoming.

bogie
11-30-2005, 01:09 PM
There's a balance. Don't go the other extreme either.

Maybe I'll start with the extreme until I find the balance. Honestly, I'm beginning to feel excited about my personality change. Haven't you ever gotten tired of ALWAYS TRYING TO DO THE RIGHT F*CKING THING!?!? I'm not going to do anything extremely illegal, but one way or another, I'm going to f*ck with this guy!!!

Phobia
Let me guess you met her on the internet
He did and she's only been humped one other time before.

jspchief
Dude, just stfu. He uses a picture of what appears to be a attractive, possible unclothed, woman as his avatar. I asked about it. He then proceeded to talk about possible hookingup with her. It takes a drama queen like yourself to blow it out of portion. Sure didn't seem to bother him. Who made you the Woman Lib rep of the planet?Sorry.

Carry on with being pathetic and creepy.

Saul Good
That is BRILLIANT!!!

I try to stay humble, but it's very difficult.

BIG_DADDY
11-30-2005, 01:10 PM
Pour gasoline on the roots of his tree at night and the next time he leaves on vacation get a long garden hose run it up to his attic and leave it on. BTW this makes a great Christmas present. When he goes to your door answer with a 44 in his face and tell him your going to make sure he has all the proper permits to fix his house.

Craash
11-30-2005, 01:10 PM
Sorry.

Carry on with being pathetic and creepy.

Carry on with your conversion to female.

Why can't you at least be a cool female, like red?

Saul Good
11-30-2005, 01:13 PM
Buy a bag of Oreos. On a VERY cold night when his car is parked outside, bring the cookies to his car. Twist the cookies in half. Lick the filling and stick them to his car. When he pulls them off, he'll have little Oreo-sized circles on his car where the paint used to be.

Sully
11-30-2005, 01:13 PM

But now Potter's Field will be built and Clarence will NEVER get his wings. What will JuJu think?!!?

jidar
11-30-2005, 01:14 PM

HAHAHAH Omfg. That one had me rolling.

bogie
11-30-2005, 01:14 PM

Craaaash, you're bugging me! How long is your school out for Thanksgiving vacation.

luv
11-30-2005, 01:15 PM

:rolleyes:

(sorry, had to break out woman's favorite smilie)

Saul Good
11-30-2005, 01:16 PM
My favorite prank (invented by my cousin, not me unfortunately) will probably have to wait until spring. If he has a push mower, wait until he leaves it in his backyard overnight. Bring a piece of rope and hop his fence. Start the mower in the middle of the night and tie the string around the throttle. It will run for 30 minutes before he realizes that it's his own lawnmower. Not only will he be pissed off about losing sleep, but the whole neighborhood will totally lose their shit and hate him as much as you do.

jspchief
11-30-2005, 01:16 PM

Why can't you at least be a cool female, like red?Maybe if I send pics to give you a break from jacking off to the Toys R Us catalog it would help.

bogie
11-30-2005, 01:17 PM
HAHAHAH Omfg. That one had me rolling.

Seriously, rolling? You actually rolled? You are very easily amused.

Phobia
11-30-2005, 01:18 PM
If you were really going to do something stupid maybe you shouldn't post about it on the internet. I'm pretty sure this shit is admissible.

Sully
11-30-2005, 01:19 PM
If you were really going to do something stupid maybe you shouldn't post about it on the internet. I'm pretty sure this shit is admissible.

Definitely DO NOT stab him in the face.

Craash
Craaaash, you're bugging me! How long is your school out for Thanksgiving vacation.

I've been out of school for awhile, obviously not NEAR as long as you, but awhile.

Rain Man
Pour gasoline on the roots of his tree at night and the next time he leaves on vacation get a long garden hose run it up to his attic and leave it on. BTW this makes a great Christmas present. When he goes to your door answer with a 44 in his face and tell him your going to make sure he has all the proper permits to fix his house.

I must say that I enjoyed that last little twist.

Phobia

I admit to being easily amused. I was rolling too.

Rain Man
11-30-2005, 01:20 PM

Either that, or a very poor sense of balance.

bogie
11-30-2005, 01:20 PM

Stupid, yes. Illegal, probably not.

Craash
11-30-2005, 01:21 PM
Maybe if I send pics to give you a break from jacking off to the Toys R Us catalog it would help.

Nice. So now you gone to harassing someone making comments about a pretty women to joking about child porn?

As a father that bothers me. Classless, and totally out of place.

Explain again why you felt the need to come to the rescue of a nameless person, under the guise of creepy, and then you feel ok breaking out kiddie porn comments??

Phobia
Stupid, yes. Illegal, probably not.

That's good to hear.

bogie
I've been out of school for awhile, obviously not NEAR as long as you, but awhile.

obviously

Phobia
11-30-2005, 01:22 PM
Nice. So now you gone to harassing someone making comments about a pretty women to joking about child porn?

There's child porn in the ToysRUs catalog? As a father, that bothers me.

Craash
11-30-2005, 01:23 PM
obviously

I did do well in spelling/english.

P-E-R-M-I-T

Rain Man
11-30-2005, 01:25 PM
There's child porn in the ToysRUs catalog? As a father, that bothers me.

Gary Glitter Art Set?

acasas4
11-30-2005, 01:26 PM
Place an anonymous call to the police and tell them this guy was dragging a dead body out to his car late at night. Find out where he works and when he goes on vacation call in and resign for him. Tell all the neighbors this guy is a child molester. These should get some results.:)

Baby Lee
11-30-2005, 01:27 PM
f*cking neighbor!
Could be worse, at least they're not deaf.

Craash
11-30-2005, 01:28 PM
Could be worse, at least they're not deaf.

That was AWESOME! Had to go a way back to remeber that one!!

Rain Man
11-30-2005, 01:34 PM
Place an anonymous call to the police and tell them this guy was dragging a dead body out to his car late at night.

...and then kill a person and put the body in his car.

jspchief
11-30-2005, 01:36 PM

Explain again why you felt the need to come to the rescue of a nameless person, under the guise of creepy, and then you feel ok breaking out kiddie porn comments??So how do you think your kid feels about you trolling bulletin boards for pictures of women?

Whatever dude, if you want to make yourself look pathetic, I don't know why I should care. I was just pointing out that it makes you look either desperate or creepy.

Amnorix
11-30-2005, 01:39 PM

Yes. Only trick would be establishing authenticity. But no reason it wouldn't be admissible as long as you could tie them together.

Craash
11-30-2005, 01:43 PM
So how do you think your kid feels about you trolling bulletin boards for pictures of women?

Whatever dude, if you want to make yourself look pathetic, I don't know why I should care. I was just pointing out that it makes you look either desperate or creepy.

And in the process made yourself look like a drama queen.

What is so tough about understanding that all I did was ask about a picture of a attractive woman who was already on display?? Should I have turned my head? What is your real beef? Why do you give a crap about me?? Did you get this worked up when people here asked QT for additional pictures to prove it was indeed her butt??

Ok, you can be whatever-her-name-is' hero. Good job. Way to go. Sticking up for people who don't need protected is a worthy quest.

Might lay off on the child porn (and porn in general) comments, though.

Amnorix
11-30-2005, 01:47 PM
You don't get it. Asking strangers for pictures of their freinds over the internet is weird. I imagine Sure Oz isn't reel keen on the idea of you jacking off to a pic of his female freind.

WTF is the matter with you people? His friend? Try it's a clip from Sin City.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/miramax/sin_city/240_dwightr_1.html

Craash
11-30-2005, 01:48 PM

WTF is the matter with you people? His friend? Try it's a clip from Sin City.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/miramax/sin_city/240_dwightr_1.html

Amnorix, you're usuallyl fairly stable. What's your take on this?

Amnorix
11-30-2005, 01:57 PM

Amnorix, you're usuallyl fairly stable. What's your take on this?

Doh! My bad.

On what -- the avatar?

Basically, this is the Internet, not regular society. If you went into a buddy's house for the first time and saw that picture on their wall, you wouldn't ask if the guy had any nudes of her around.

But on the internet, if you put a partial picture of an attractive woman up, then you should pretty much expect *someone* to ask for the rest.

:shrug:

Mainly, though, who cares?

Rain Man
11-30-2005, 01:58 PM
Yes. Only trick would be establishing authenticity. But no reason it wouldn't be admissible as long as you could tie them together.

Moderators, please delete my account. I am leaving forever.

Your friend,

Holden Caulfield

Amnorix
11-30-2005, 01:59 PM
Moderators, please delete my account. I am leaving forever.

Your friend,

Holden Caulfield

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Craash
11-30-2005, 02:00 PM
Doh! My bad.

On what -- the avatar?

Basically, this is the Internet, not regular society. If you went into a buddy's house for the first time and saw that picture on their wall, you wouldn't ask if the guy had any nudes of her around.

But on the internet, if you put a partial picture of an attractive woman up, then you should pretty much expect *someone* to ask for the rest.

:shrug:

Mainly, though, who cares?

Thanks. My thoughts exactly, especially considering she looks nude in the avatar.

As far as who cares, apparently, jspchief. Although I'm not sure why she does.

bogie
11-30-2005, 02:04 PM

WTF, I just got back in the office and someone's been using my computer.

4th and Long
11-30-2005, 02:06 PM
Thanks. My thoughts exactly, especially considering she looks nude in the avatar.

As far as who cares, apparently, jspchief. Although I'm not sure why she does.
This concludes our daily affirmation. Please join us again tomorrow.

Becauase I'm good enough,
I'm smart enough,
and dog gone it,
people like me!

http://digitaltirade.com/Rants/archives/stuartSmalley.jpg

- Stewart Smalley

Craash
11-30-2005, 02:06 PM
ROFL

Nice. Well played.

Rep.

Craash
11-30-2005, 02:07 PM
Becauase I'm good enough,
I'm smart enough,
and dog gone it,
people like me!

2 out of 3 ain't bad!

Amnorix
11-30-2005, 02:10 PM

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Never figured my stupid, boring post would trigger such excellent replies... Rep to all.

acasas4
11-30-2005, 02:13 PM
...and then kill a person and put the body in his car.Holy sh*t. I wouldn't have thought of that!

Hog Farmer
11-30-2005, 02:15 PM
It only takes about 20 seconds in the middle of the night to shove an oil pan under his car and loosen the drain plug. Go back in a couple of hours after it has all dripped out real good and tighten back up and remove pan. I did this to my oriental boss many years ago when I worked in a Chinese restaurant. The next day they could be heard back in the kitchen saying something about a fooking red light coming on in the dashboard. The great part was that they had just had the oil changed the day before and blamed it on the mechanic. Insurance will not cover a blown motor but it will cover a burnt house. We need this money to come from his POCKET.

Amnorix
11-30-2005, 02:17 PM
It only takes about 20 seconds in the middle of the night to shove an oil pan under his car and loosen the drain plug. Go back in a couple of hours after it has all dripped out real good and tighten back up and remove pan. I did this to my oriental boss many years ago when I worked in a Chinese restaurant. The next day they could be heard back in the kitchen saying something about a fooking red light coming on in the dashboard. The great part was that they had just had the oil changed the day before and blamed it on the mechanic. Insurance will not cover a blown motor but it will cover a burnt house. We need this money to come from his POCKET.

Remind me to never tell you where I live....

P.S. I'm a Chiefs fan in disguise, really. And even if I was a Patriots fan, my team lost to yours last Sunda. And has never played your team in the playoffs. Or anything.

P.P.S. I really like pigs. They're great. Don't stink hardly at all.

chiefsfaninNC
11-30-2005, 02:24 PM
The property line goes straight up and straight down. Going up it is your air space. But it is his tree. Send him a certified letter stating you want the limbs cut hanging over your property. Make a copy of the letter placed inside and have someone else sign it. If he doesn't cut the limbs you are released from all liability.Wait till spring to cut the limbs. Take a hatchet and split as many cut ends as you can. Cover cut ends with molasses or honey. You want to invite bugs.

Rock salt doesn't cost much. Spread it on his lawn. Again during the spring since most grasses are dormant or going dormant now.

Find his Sanitary Sewer cleanout. Fill with concrete.

Mix cow manure and water. Pour it out near the front door. Again, this works better in warmer weather.

4th and Long
11-30-2005, 02:24 PM
Remind me to never tell you where I live....

P.S. I'm a Chiefs fan in disguise, really. And even if I was a Patriots fan, my team lost to yours last Sunda. And has never played your team in the playoffs. Or anything.

P.P.S. I really like pigs. They're great. Don't stink hardly at all.
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

mike_b_284
11-30-2005, 02:25 PM

When I was a kid we used to throw smoke bombs in peoples dryer vents. We thought it was funny, you know colored smoke filling up their laundry rooms. Well we soon figured out that is an excellent way to start a fire. Just make sure no one is home.

bogie
11-30-2005, 02:31 PM
The property line goes straight up and straight down. Going up it is your air space. But it is his tree. Send him a certified letter stating you want the limbs cut hanging over your property. Make a copy of the letter placed inside and have someone else sign it. If he doesn't cut the limbs you are released from all liability.Wait till spring to cut the limbs. Take a hatchet and split as many cut ends as you can. Cover cut ends with molasses or honey. You want to invite bugs.

Rock salt doesn't cost much. Spread it on his lawn. Again during the spring since most grasses are dormant or going dormant now.

Find his Sanitary Sewer cleanout. Fill with concrete.

Mix cow manure and water. Pour it out near the front door. Again, this works better in warmer weather.

I was hoping maintaining the trees would be his responsibility. I was hoping the cost of trimming would come out of his pocket. Looks like that's not going to happen.

chiefsfaninNC
11-30-2005, 02:37 PM

You need to inquire with your local building department. Retaining walls have footings and therefore generally require permitting. While you are asking about permits also ask about right of ways and easements and setbacks. Typically your property line starts at the right of way and all utilities are placed in the right of way. You can't build anything in an easement. Except for your driveway you can't build anything in the setback (typically 10 to 30 feet depending on the municipality). You can ask for a variance from the planning board if the latter hinders your building a wall.

Craash
11-30-2005, 02:38 PM
I was hoping maintaining the trees would be his responsibility. I was hoping the cost of trimming would come out of his pocket. Looks like that's not going to happen.

If said trees where to die, say from bugs after a brutal pruning job, he's surely be stuck with the cost of fixing/removing the main portion of the tree on his side.

BIG_DADDY
11-30-2005, 02:41 PM

How come nobody ever takes me serioulsy? This was great advise. MOF a good friend of mine is having problems with his neighbor right now and he is considering bringing in somebody to do the garden hose job why he is out of town so they don't link it to him.

Ari Chi3fs
11-30-2005, 02:42 PM
just get a fish net, and scoop out your daily shit, and throw it into his lawn. Just fling that shit.... heh.

bogie
11-30-2005, 02:42 PM
If said trees where to die, say from bugs after a brutal pruning job, he's surely be stuck with the cost of fixing/removing the main portion of the tree on his side.

That's a great point. However, as someone said earlier, then I'd have ugly trees to look at.

MOhillbilly
11-30-2005, 02:44 PM
you should play like everything is cool then invite him and his over for a beer or to check out the new addition all the time thanking him(make up some shit about how it wasnt up to code and could have hurt more than his snitching)

take all the inside doorknobs off - have your hole already dug.

chiefsfaninNC
11-30-2005, 02:44 PM

If you want to go that route then yes it is his responsibilty. But you must give him the opportunity to cut the limbs. After he fails to cut the limbs you can hire to have it done. But then you may be out that money as well. If he doesn't pay you your only option is small claims court. But if you hire to have it done then you can't guarantee that the tree will die.

bogie
11-30-2005, 02:45 PM
How come nobody ever takes me serioulsy? This was great advise. MOF a good friend of mine is having problems with his neighbor right now and he is considering bringing in somebody to do the garden hose job why he is out of town so they don't link it to him.

I like your 44 idea.

Amnorix
11-30-2005, 02:48 PM

Mostly cuz, you know, you're a f**king lunatic. A good guy, but a lunatic nonetheless.

:) :p

mike_b_284
11-30-2005, 02:48 PM

Very, very good I will be using that in the future.

BIG_DADDY
11-30-2005, 02:50 PM
I like your 44 idea.

I can't wait I think he is really going to do it. His neighbor is an asshole if his dog even barks once he calls the cops it's like WTF. The cops are even getting tired of dealing with this guy. Flood that ****ers 2 million dollar house and give him something to bitch about.

mike_b_284
just get a fish net, and scoop out your daily shit, and throw it into his lawn. Just fling that shit.... heh.

Ah yes, the way of the monkey. Classic.

Rain Man
you should play like everything is cool then invite him and his over for a beer or to check out the new addition all the time thanking him(make up some shit about how it wasnt up to code and could have hurt more than his snitching)

take all the inside doorknobs off - have your hole already dug.

The Shed of Amontillado?

Craash
That's a great point. However, as someone said earlier, then I'd have ugly trees to look at.

Could you build a shed that bocked your view of them??

ROFL

MOhillbilly
11-30-2005, 02:54 PM
The Shed of Amontillado?
thats right.

kill them w/ kindness.

mike_b_284
11-30-2005, 02:59 PM
I just remembered, my uncle had a beef with the City of Olathe a few years back. Buy some fox piss from cabella's and put it on his back door front door, apply some to the sidewall of his tires, dogs will come from all over to piss over that stuff. Do it every night for a week or two. Not very destructive but funny none the less.

this shoud be enough only $6.00
http://www.gemplers.com/a/shop/product.asp?T1=127731&src=21YA001

Frosty
11-30-2005, 03:18 PM
After reading all the way through this thread, I'm still left thinking:

$10K for a shed!?! Really?

bogie
11-30-2005, 03:25 PM
After reading all the way through this thread, I'm still left thinking:

$10K for a shed!?! Really?

It's a 10' X 22' "shed". materials alone are around $6,500. A friend and I are building it and I've been paying the friend.

Frosty
11-30-2005, 03:56 PM
It's a 10' X 22' "shed". materials alone are around $6,500. A friend and I are building it and I've been paying the friend.

Guess I haven't checked building material lately. It only cost $1200 for my 16 x16 shed a couple years ago (it's a nice one, not a shack). Guess I'll have to put off my garage a while longer. :(

Baby Lee
11-30-2005, 03:58 PM
How come nobody ever takes me serioulsy?
Maybe we didn't realize you were being seriouls. ROFL

Bwana
11-30-2005, 04:00 PM
Damn, if he said he was cool and pulled that and he were my neighbor, the prick wouldn't get another good nights rest as long as he lived nest door.

bogie
11-30-2005, 04:06 PM
Guess I haven't checked building material lately. It only cost $1200 for my 16 x16 shed a couple years ago (it's a nice one, not a shack). Guess I'll have to put off my garage a while longer. :(

I'm in CA. I bought materials right after a f*cking hurricane. I'm using materials above code. 2X6 studs, 2X8 rafters. The roof covers a 17.5' X 22' slab because half the slab will be used for a deck. 30 year architectual shingles. I'm getting worked up again.

bogie
11-30-2005, 04:08 PM
Damn, if he said he was cool and pulled that and he were my neighbor, the prick wouldn't get another good nights rest as long as he lived nest door.

Thank you for understanding my point. I met him with hat in hand, he said he was cool and then he called.

chiefs4me
11-30-2005, 04:14 PM
I'm in CA. I bought materials right after a f*cking hurricane. I'm using materials above code. 2X6 studs, 2X8 rafters. The roof covers a 17.5' X 22' slab because half the slab will be used for a deck. 30 year architectual shingles. I'm getting worked up again.

Give me his number..I will be happy to call him...:D

angryllama
11-30-2005, 04:18 PM
Bro, I wouldnt do anything to spark a war. Find out what you can do within the bounds of your local zoning codes. You should build a giant ugly Barney the Purple Dinosaur decoration and put it's ugly smile right in their window so that every time they look for something to nit-pick, that big ugly thing is staring them right in the face.

Heck, Christmas is coming up...get the gaudiest Christmas decorations you can think of and set them all up in your sideyard facing their house.

BIG_DADDY
11-30-2005, 04:25 PM
That's right your not far from me. Hell I can probably find someone to get that hose job done for you.

Boozer
11-30-2005, 04:44 PM

That's the ticket, bogie! Find out what Internet discussion forums he frequents and have chiefs4me post on them!

Valiant
11-30-2005, 04:50 PM

Quit acting like a girl... Its his ****ing house and his neighbor wants to be a narc for him improving his house... Things to do to bitches for neighbors...

Poor gas on all their plants and trees, alot on the trees though..

Chop down all his plants that cross your side of the yard..

Call the cops any chance you get on the ****er...

Skip Towne
11-30-2005, 05:02 PM
I'll bet THAT'S right.

Extra Point
11-30-2005, 05:04 PM
No more Mister Nice Guy
No more Mister Clean
No more Mister Nice Guy
Your shed: It's obscene

I built a shed out of concrete and lumber
The best you ever did see
Then my neighbor, a tree huggin' fag
Called the city on me

They told since I didn't pay them permission
all this time I did waste
To tear down this garage add-on,
I must do in disgrace

No more Mister Nice Guy
No more Mister Clean
No more Mister Nice Guy

I'm gonna pull the plug on my neighbor this Christmas
His decorations deface
He's gonna wish he lived way past Encino
His public record erased

No more Mister Nice Guy
No more Mister Clean
No more Mister Nice Guy

Before I moved in, he rewired his house
They don't know about it, man.
Public Works is gonna find out about it
When I yank out his meter can.

No more Mister Nice Guy
No more Mister Clean
No more Mister Nice Guy

Valiant
11-30-2005, 05:06 PM

Finish the shed, then contact your local official tell him you built a shed and the neighbor now complaining said it was alright, but wants it down after you built it... More then likely the official will get you a permit for a small fee...

Seriously ask a official if they can help you out...

And then **** with your neighber any way you can...

angryllama
11-30-2005, 05:06 PM
Only on a Chiefs board do you see Journey and Alice Cooper smiled upon so fondly.

Skip Towne
11-30-2005, 05:07 PM
Do you know anyone who works for the city? Get a bottle of that odorant they use to make natural gas smell. Pour it in his yard and call the gas dept. and report a leak. Keep changing where you pour it so he has to dig up his entire yard looking for the "leak".

angryllama
11-30-2005, 05:08 PM
Finish the shed, then contact your local official tell him you built a shed and the neighbor now complaining said it was alright, but wants it down after you built it... More then likely the official will get you a permit for a small fee...

I think that this is the best thing to do. I think that your best bet is for someone in the city to have mercy on you. Then you can keep your shed and get his goat at the same time.

bogie
11-30-2005, 06:06 PM

I would love to have you dive in to him!!

Sure-Oz
11-30-2005, 06:12 PM
http://ws.cdyne.com/notifyws/phonenotify.asmx?op=NotifyPhoneEnglishBasic

i saw this posted on another board basically type what u want to say and it supposedly calls the person lol

Bwana
11-30-2005, 06:18 PM

i saw this posted on another board basically type what u want to say and it supposedly calls the person lol

Nice! I just tried that out and it works like a champ. :evil:

bogie
11-30-2005, 06:19 PM
Bro, I wouldnt do anything to spark a war. Find out what you can do within the bounds of your local zoning codes. You should build a giant ugly Barney the Purple Dinosaur decoration and put it's ugly smile right in their window so that every time they look for something to nit-pick, that big ugly thing is staring them right in the face.

Heck, Christmas is coming up...get the gaudiest Christmas decorations you can think of and set them all up in your sideyard facing their house.

I kinda want a war. Again, I'm tired of the nice guy routine. At this point, I have no choice but to find out what I can do within the boudaries. I can get a Barney that sings I Love You, You love me and then he'll feel really guilty.

bogie
11-30-2005, 06:20 PM
That's right your not far from me. Hell I can probably find someone to get that hose job done for you.

Big Daddy, the new me is getting ballsy, just not as ballsy as you.... yet.

bogie
11-30-2005, 06:21 PM
That's the ticket, bogie! Find out what Internet discussion forums he frequents and have chiefs4me post on them!
ROFL

bogie
11-30-2005, 06:22 PM
No more Mister Nice Guy
No more Mister Clean
No more Mister Nice Guy

I built a shed out of concrete and lumber
The best you ever did see
Then my neighbor, a tree huggin' Rump Ranger
Called the city on me

They told since I didn't pay them permission
all this time I did waste
To tear down this garage add-on,
I must do in disgrace

No more Mister Nice Guy
No more Mister Clean
No more Mister Nice Guy

I'm gonna pull the plug on my neighbor this Christmas
His decorations deface
He's gonna wish he lived way past Encino
His public record erased

No more Mister Nice Guy
No more Mister Clean
No more Mister Nice Guy

Before I moved in, he rewired his house
They don't know about it, man.
Public Works is gonna find out about it
When I yank out his meter can.

No more Mister Nice Guy
No more Mister Clean
No more Mister Nice Guy

No more Mr. F*CKING nice guys.

Sure-Oz
11-30-2005, 06:23 PM
Nice! I just tried that out and it works like a champ. :evil:
ROFL

Bwana
11-30-2005, 06:26 PM
Big Daddy, the new me is getting ballsy, just not as ballsy as you.... yet.

Ballsy good, doing nothing bad. :moon: But then again, I can be kind of an ornery bastard periodically. :hmmm:

Bwana
11-30-2005, 06:28 PM
ROFL
I tried it on my own cell first and have left two "bonus" messages since. I am going to have two buddies of mine going WTF here in about 30 seconds. :)

bogie
11-30-2005, 06:28 PM

And then **** with your neighber any way you can...

I had an official show up at my house yesterday. He wanted to see what I was doing in my back yard. My wife was just heading out to pick up my little girl at school and stalled him off. He left his card with her so I called him yesterday and left a message that I would like to meet with him. He's coming to my house tomorrow morning at 7:30 AM to see what I've done. I really don't know what to expect. I guess it's possible he'll make me tear the whole thing down, again, I don't know. If I have to take it down I'm gonne nail my neighbors balls to a stump, set the stump on fire and hand him a dull knife!!!!

bogie
11-30-2005, 06:30 PM
Do you know anyone who works for the city? Get a bottle of that odorant they use to make natural gas smell. Pour it in his yard and call the gas dept. and report a leak. Keep changing where you pour it so he has to dig up his entire yard looking for the "leak".

This is good Skip, this is very good!

bogie
11-30-2005, 06:32 PM

SWEET!!!!

Bwana
11-30-2005, 06:34 PM
This is good Skip, this is very good!

That's a good warm up. If you have to rip down your shed, send me a smoke and I will give you a few tips. I have a few other time tested ideas myself that will make that look like sending over a hot apple pie. :)

bogie
11-30-2005, 06:38 PM
Ballsy good, doing nothing bad. :moon: But then again, I can be kind of an ornery bastard periodically. :hmmm:

Man I gotta tell ya Bwana, I've reached my limit on the nice guy BS. Seriously, I would love to f this guy up!! I'm going to find out what I have to do to change the addition. If it's a complete tear down I'm gonna go postal.

bogie
11-30-2005, 06:39 PM
That's a good warm up. If you have to rip down your shed, send me a smoke and I will give you a few tips. I have a few other time tested ideas myself that will make that look like sending over a hot apple pie. :)

Oh man... I seriously have butterflies from anticipation!!

Valiant
11-30-2005, 06:48 PM
I had an official show up at my house yesterday. He wanted to see what I was doing in my back yard. My wife was just heading out to pick up my little girl at school and stalled him off. He left his card with her so I called him yesterday and left a message that I would like to meet with him. He's coming to my house tomorrow morning at 7:30 AM to see what I've done. I really don't know what to expect. I guess it's possible he'll make me tear the whole thing down, again, I don't know. If I have to take it down I'm gonne nail my neighbors balls to a stump, set the stump on fire and hand him a dull knife!!!!

I would get a officials name and number or maybe his boss... Tell him that you talked too them and they said "we would be able to work something out..."

Usually these guys will work with you, but...

if he does not... get his truck number and licscene plate number and next time go drop some empty beer cans in it and report that you saw him drinking on duty/ buying alcohol to minors/ careless driving... And remember to **** with your neighbor.. Gas all his ****ing trees...

Valiant
11-30-2005, 06:48 PM
Actually try to get in contact with a official though and see if they can help you out...

Ebolapox
11-30-2005, 06:54 PM
If you're going to do his wife, be sure to get it on camera...

personally, I'd go with an "ET phone home"

-EB-

bogie
11-30-2005, 06:54 PM
Actually try to get in contact with a official though and see if they can help you out...

Thanks Valiant. I intend to throw myself onto the mercy of the official, play dumb, be kind, be humble and see if he will be lenient.

Valiant
11-30-2005, 06:56 PM
Thanks Valiant. I intend to throw myself onto the mercy of the official, play dumb, be kind, be humble and see if he will be lenient.

And then **** with your neighbor...

Skip Towne
11-30-2005, 07:02 PM
Does he park his car outside? If so, crawl under it with a small pair of vise grips. Ue them to pinch his gas line almost closed but not quite. The car will start but wil die when he tries to go. He will spend thousands of dollars changing shit and won't find the problem till the last thing if ever.

Earthling
11-30-2005, 07:03 PM
You might want to check your state laws but here in Colorado you only need a permit for anything more than 100 sq. feet. So any nuber of 10 x 10 sheds is okay without the permit. Now, if thats true where you live, you could probably put two adjoining 10 x 10 sheds butted up to each other and still be ok. (With huge doors that would open up to each other) What I am trying to say is that not all of your labor/materials cost needs to be written off....if thats the case. Ergo: you might be able to not waste as much cash as you are thinking and you can piss your neighbor off by having it remain almost unchanged.

Skip Towne
11-30-2005, 07:09 PM
Wait for a really cold night. Go over to his house at about 2 AM and turn off the gas. Wait a couple of minutes while the pilots burn the gas in the line. Then turn the gas back on. At 3 AM, dumbfuk will get cold and have to get up and re light all the pilot lights. Rinse and repeat as needed. I once did this to a neighbor three times. The fourth time I went to do it there was a padlock on the meter.

bogie
11-30-2005, 07:11 PM
You might want to check your state laws but here in Colorado you only need a permit for anything more than 100 sq. feet. So one 10 x 10 shed is okay without the permit. Now, if thats true where you live, you could probably put two adjoining 10 x 10 sheds butted up to each other and still be ok. (With huge doors that would open up to each other) What I am trying to say is that not all of your labor/materials cost needs to be written off....if thats the case. Ergo: you might be able to not waste as much cash as you are thinking and you can piss your neighbor off by having it remain almost unchanged.

WOW, WOW, WOW!!! I CAN put up a 10X10 without permit.

bogie
11-30-2005, 07:13 PM
Wait for a really cold night. Go over to his house at about 2 AM and turn off the gas. Wait a couple of minutes while the pilots burn the gas in the line. Then turn the gas back on. At 3 AM, dumbfuk will get cold and have to get up and re light all the pilot lights. Rinse and repeat as needed. I once did this to a neighbor three times. The fourth time I went to do it there was a padlock on the meter.

Skip, you are the MAN!

Earthling
11-30-2005, 07:14 PM

You now officially owe me a beer.

Skip Towne
11-30-2005, 07:15 PM
This neighbor was a mean crotchety old woman that I hated. I caught her throwing rocks at my dog among other things. I tormented her unmercifully. I let another neighbor in on it as he hated her too. He started crank calling her over and over. A cop knocked on my door and warned ME to quit doing it. The old bitch was just sure it was me. Finally they put a tap on her phone and they caught HIM. Made her look like a fool.

Skip Towne
11-30-2005, 07:19 PM
This neighbor was a mean crotchety old woman that I hated. I caught her throwing rocks at my dog among other things. I tormented her unmercifully. I let another neighbor in on it as he hated her too. He started crank calling her over and over. A cop knocked on my door and warned ME to quit doing it. The old bitch was just sure it was me. Finally they put a tap on her phone and they caught HIM. Made her look like a fool.
Oh, yeah, I forgot to tell you, the old bitch finally sold her house and left to get away from me.

bogie
11-30-2005, 07:25 PM
You now officially owe me a beer.

Sir, I'll buy you a 6 pack unless you prefer something harder.

bogie
11-30-2005, 07:27 PM
Oh, yeah, I forgot to tell you, the old bitch finally sold her house and left to get away from me.

See... revenge works.

Sure-Oz
11-30-2005, 07:30 PM
I tried it on my own cell first and have left two "bonus" messages since. I am going to have two buddies of mine going WTF here in about 30 seconds. :)
hahaha that is badass

bogie
11-30-2005, 07:30 PM
Alright, I'm going home. Seriously, thanks to this forum for indulging my rant. I meet with the inspector at 7:30 tomorrow morning.

Cntrygal
11-30-2005, 07:36 PM

That's great!

:hmmm:

What were the dimensions again of your shed - since it's not in the first post, I don't feel like rereading this thread. :)

Skip Towne
11-30-2005, 07:49 PM
See... revenge works.
Yes, yes it does. Plus, I had a great time doing shit to her. The people I bought the house from hated her. Said she was part of the reason they sold. They were overjoyed when I told them all the shit I did to her.

Valiant
11-30-2005, 08:42 PM

From what I hear on here it is not possible for anyone else to be older then you...

stumppy
11-30-2005, 08:49 PM
Burn his fuggin house down to the ground.

Cave Johnson
11-30-2005, 08:53 PM
Gas all his ****ing trees...

I'm not and haven't been a homeowner, but wouldn't killing your neighbors trees lower the property value of both places? That said, the impact to you is probably significantly less than the impact to him.

Count Zarth
11-30-2005, 08:57 PM
The Shed of Amontillado?

I love that story.

Count Zarth
11-30-2005, 08:58 PM

Isn't that kind of dangerous?

Count Zarth
11-30-2005, 09:17 PM
Um, wouldn't drilling holes in his gas tank make that kind of pointless?

Skip Towne
11-30-2005, 09:18 PM
Isn't that kind of dangerous?
Nope. Have you heard of a thermocouple? It is a device that keeps the pilot light burning as long as there is a flame (pilot light) on the thermocouple. The flame generates millivolts which keeps the gas valve active (able to open). When the thermostat says more heat is needed, the valve is opened allowing gas to enter. The gas is ignited by the pilot. My trick involves losing gas to the pilot which shuts the whole system down and NO gas is allowed to enter until the pilot is re lit. Good question, though.

Count Zarth
11-30-2005, 09:19 PM
Three pages and no one has reccomended a flaming bag of poo on his doorstep?

Joe Seahawk
11-30-2005, 09:39 PM
Just go through the process of getting a permit for a monstrosity that will wreck his houses value.. :D

4th and Long
12-01-2005, 04:52 AM
No it wouldn't. That's why you drill the holes 1/2 way down so that you still have a 1/2 a tank of gas remaining. After the gasoline drains to the level of the drilled holes, the top half of the inside of the tank will be filled with gasoline fumes. When the electrical spark arcs between the wires, it will ignite the fumes and go BOOM.

You can experiment by doing the same thing with a regular gas can with a lid. If done correctly it will produce quite a loud noise.
You've officially crossed the line of humor vs. felon/attempted murderer.

Count Zarth
12-01-2005, 05:04 AM
You've officially crossed the line of humor vs. felon/attempted murderer.

That's true, but if I ever have an enemy...cops won't catch me! :)

Skip Towne
12-01-2005, 06:07 AM
drill 2 holes in his gas tank about a 1/4 of an inch apart approximately half way down the tank

cut his brake light wire and strip the insulation off both pieces

insert one of the stripped ends of the brake light wire in each of the holes you drilled and secure them so they are very nearly touching (just close enough for spark to arc accross the wires)

wait until he applys the brakes and ......

BOOM
Drill holes in a gas tank? If it causes a spark, you probably won't hear the BOOM. Not a good idea.

Count Zarth
12-01-2005, 06:09 AM
Drill holes in a gas tank? If it causes a spark, you probably won't hear the BOOM. Not a good idea.

LMAO

I guess a hand-crank drill won't work, either.

Boozer
12-01-2005, 07:43 AM
From what I hear on here it is not possible for anyone else to be older then you...

That "mean crotchety old woman" that Skip hated?

Eve.

Rain Man
12-01-2005, 08:05 AM

Whoooooaaaa. He magic! He make fire from stick!

This is way cool.

kcirnamffoh
12-01-2005, 09:27 AM
Just go through the process of getting a permit for a monstrosity that will wreck his houses value.. :D

I think that might be the problem. He tried to get a permit but, because he's trying to add on something that would over-value his house compared to others in the same vicinity, the city wouldn't allow it. So he goes and does it anyway. What the idiot doesn't understand is that he could be only hurting himself.

You build a second floor, for instance, in a neighborhood that doesn't have any and a potential buyer comes along. This buyer is looking at your neighborhood because the value of the homes are within his price range. Now because of that inflated floor space you have increased the value of your home over what the potential buyers want to spend thus making it more difficult not only to sell but to sell for what you want for it.

City ordinances are not to just protect others around you but to protect you from your own ignorance/greed/ego/arrogance/...etc. If you're allowed to wreck the price structure of your neighborhood then it can hurt everyone around including yourself.

bogie
12-01-2005, 10:04 AM
That's great!

:hmmm:

What were the dimensions again of your shed - since it's not in the first post, I don't feel like rereading this thread. :)

10' X 22'

Brock
12-01-2005, 10:10 AM
I think that might be the problem. He tried to get a permit but, because he's trying to add on something that would over-value his house compared to others in the same vicinity, the city wouldn't allow it. So he goes and does it anyway. What the idiot doesn't understand is that he could be only hurting himself.

Which idiot are you referring to?

Sully
12-01-2005, 10:11 AM
So I guess I didn't see. How did the meeting at 730 this morning go?

bogie
12-01-2005, 10:12 AM

You build a second floor, for instance, in a neighborhood that doesn't have any and a potential buyer comes along. This buyer is looking at your neighborhood because the value of the homes are within his price range. Now because of that inflated floor space you have increased the value of your home over what the potential buyers want to spend thus making it more difficult not only to sell but to sell for what you want for it.

City ordinances are not to just protect others around you but to protect you from your own ignorance/greed/ego/arrogance/...etc. If you're allowed to wreck the price structure of your neighborhood then it can hurt everyone around including yourself.

whoa! take a step back there skippy before you start calling someone an idiot! you use them bigole words, unfortunately your mouth is outrunning your ass! We're not talking about a 2nd floor dumbass, we're talking about a storage shed on the back of my garage....why am I explaining this again. If you want to make a comment, at least read the thread dipsh*t.

Donger
12-01-2005, 10:14 AM

Only if it's empty. It's rather hard to ignite non-aerosolized gasoline.

bogie
12-01-2005, 10:17 AM
So I guess I didn't see. How did the meeting at 730 this morning go?

Thanks for asking. Basically the inspecter said I need to go to buiding and safety and try to get the existing buiding legal. In truth, he wasn't much help. He said the permit department is completely seperate from his dept. He led me to believe however that it's pretty much standard operating procedure to take plans of an existing building, submit them to building and safety and if it's existing, they will permit it.

mike_b_284
12-01-2005, 10:20 AM
So what happend with the guy from the city.

Stick with the non-felonous shenanigans.

Fox piss
Drain oil
the way of the monkey (flinging sh!t)
smoke bombs in the dryer vent
pebbles in the air valve
flaming bag of dog poo

also while keeping you out of "pound you in the ass jail" these will in no way adversly affect your property value