PDA

View Full Version : Should Greg Wesley be mad??????

KChiefs1
11-30-2005, 02:50 PM
http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/news_story.asp?ID=145109

Looks like Jason Taylor of the Miami Dolphins got AFC Defensive Player of the Week.

Reaper16
11-30-2005, 03:06 PM
Taylor had 3 sacks, a saftey, 6 tackles, a FF and a fumble recovery. That's pretty gewd; can't argue with that.

Scaga
11-30-2005, 03:13 PM
Nope...
He may have had three INTs, but none of them were a result of "outstanding plays". Yes, he was in position, but Brady's crappy throws were the main reason he made the picks.

Deberg_1990
11-30-2005, 03:17 PM
No, he still cant cover a WR.

jspchief
11-30-2005, 03:22 PM
Greg Wesley should be mad at the way way he's allowed himself to be abused in the passing game for the last 2 years.

beer bacon
11-30-2005, 03:38 PM
Nope...
He may have had three INTs, but none of them were a result of "outstanding plays". Yes, he was in position, but Brady's crappy throws were the main reason he made the picks.

The last interception he got was a nice play on his part..

Halfcan
11-30-2005, 04:21 PM
He almost had 4

KCinNY
11-30-2005, 04:51 PM

You're right, but he seems to be doing everything else as a FS.

Plays a decent center field and hits everybody who comes around him.

Wesley's playing much better this year.

Bob Dole
11-30-2005, 05:11 PM
He almost had 4

Where was the 4th?

Deberg_1990
11-30-2005, 06:05 PM
You're right, but he seems to be doing everything else as a FS.

Plays a decent center field and hits everybody who comes around him.

Wesley's playing much better this year.

He has always had a knack for coming up with the INT's. I guess that makes up for the lack of coverage skillz, being out of position and taking bad angles on tackles.

irishjayhawk
11-30-2005, 06:20 PM
He almost had 4
I thought so too, but it was surtain fighting with knight.

SLAG
11-30-2005, 06:21 PM
Greg Wesley is Mad Cuz the Gun brought in Knight.. it lit a fire under his @$$

Extra Point
11-30-2005, 06:27 PM

FS covers the launch, not the specific receiver.

keg in kc
11-30-2005, 06:30 PM
The picks were the product of the work of the unit. When you look past the gaudy stats, Wesley didn't do anything particularly notable in the game. I thought Warfield's play was more important to the team, in fact.

milkman
11-30-2005, 07:01 PM
The picks were the product of the work of the unit. When you look past the gaudy stats, Wesley didn't do anything particularly notable in the game. I thought Warfield's play was more important to the team, in fact.

I would agree, although I think that DeBerg's criticism of Wesley is a bot outdated.

Wesley has played pretty good football over the last 3 or 4 games, starting to look more like what we thought we were getting after his rookie season.

Warfield has been as good as expected as the #2 corner, and has really helped the pass defense take a step forward.

jettio
11-30-2005, 09:07 PM
He has always had a knack for coming up with the INT's. I guess that makes up for the lack of coverage skillz, being out of position and taking bad angles on tackles.

You said that same nonsense after the Redskins game, and I told you that the way he is hitting people and playing will get him to the Pro Bowl.

Wesley will be a pro-bowler this year and he will have earned it.

keg in kc
11-30-2005, 10:07 PM
I would agree, although I think that DeBerg's criticism of Wesley is a bot outdated.Oh Wesley's playing well. It's not like he wasn't in position to cherry-pick those 3 balls. I just didn't think his overall game was, ah, phenomenal, for lack of a better word. He had a good game, but I didn't think it was AFC defensive player of the week good. If anyone deserves kudos it's probably Gun for gameplanning an attack that really screwed with Brady's head in the first half. Good blitz calls from the get-go.

Then again, it takes players to execute. So...team effort.

philfree
11-30-2005, 11:30 PM
I hope Wesley is so mad that he didn't get the denfensive player of the week that he gets 3 more INTS this week as well as knocking Rod Smith out like we've seemed to do in about the last 3 or 4 times we've played the donks. To his credit he comes back and plays. Last game we staggered him once and then knocked him out along the sideline. Knight, DJ and Mitchell I believe did a number on him.

PhilFree:arrow:

kregger
11-30-2005, 11:45 PM
When he learns to tackle like Knight and Warfield, then he can crow about his lack of hardware.