View Full Version : Monty Beisel freaks out in locker room durring interview

cadmonkey
12-01-2005, 05:52 AM
http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...ead.php?t=27225

Quote:
basically went like this:

From Felger's show on ESPN Radio

Curran asks him some question:

Beisel:"Im not talking to you. Why did you slash me in the paper like that, saying I can't read plays in sh**. When you asked me for the interview I had to cast my hand, and told you I would give it to you tomorrow, but it was Thanksgiving. I apologized, but you still slashed me in the paper. How do you know Im having trouble picking up the system, why dont you look at the film."

Then turns to Patriots PR guy Stacy James:

"What the f**k is that, your not suppose to make me look bad. What kind of media and PR relations is that. I told you on the phone the other day dont let the guy (Curran) come to my locker. Im a PR guy too, and you dont pull that sh**."

jspchief
12-01-2005, 05:57 AM
Beisel is upset because he sucks even for the mighty Patriots and the football God, Bill Belichick.

Count Zarth
12-01-2005, 06:00 AM
Monty, come on back to KC. We can use you...on special teams! ROFL

siberian khatru
12-01-2005, 06:11 AM
Bill Snyder taught him well.

chiefsfaninNC
12-01-2005, 06:36 AM
The man couldn't start for our lame ass defense. What the hell did the patriots think they were getting?

Undertaker #59
12-01-2005, 06:37 AM
Here is the article from Felger about it:

Beisel rants to less-than-rave reviews
By Michael Felger
Thursday, December 1, 2005 - Updated: 07:22 AM EST

FOXBORO — Monty Beisel has had a tough year, both on the field and off. From the start, the linebacker has had trouble adjusting to the pressure of playing in a tough media market for a two-time defending champion.

Yesterday, Beisel snapped.

Beisel, signed last spring as a free agent after he spent four years with the Kansas City Chiefs, sniped at a local beat reporter before turning his ire on the Patriots’ public relations director in front of a full media contingent in the locker room at Gillette Stadium.

“Why do you have to come to my locker and rub it in?” Beisel said when approached by Providence Journal reporter Tom Curran, who last week wrote an article criticizing the linebacker. “That’s your professionalism? You slash me in front of everybody? What kind of (expletive) is that?”

After Curran walked away, Beisel turned to media relations director Stacey James and continued his rant. Beisel’s voice could be heard throughout his end of the vast locker room.

“How are you going to let him come over to my locker like that?” Beisel said to James. “You’re not supposed to be allowing that (expletive). You’re not supposed to make me look bad.

“I’m a PR guy myself,” added Beisel, a former social sciences/mass communications major at Kansas State. “I know that’s total (expletive). You’re not supposed to do that. That’s crap. That’s the last thing in PR that you should do.”

Beisel started the first five games at inside linebacker before losing his job in Week 6 in Denver. After the Broncos game, Beisel appeared on a Providence radio station and blamed the defense’s problems on the inability to stop the “long ball.”

Tedy Bruschi returned for the next game, against Buffalo, and Beisel lost even more playing time.

Beisel, who has recorded 47 tackles with a sack and a forced fumble, signed a two-year contract with the Pats. The deal included a $450,000 signing bonus, a 2005 salary of $550,000 and a 2006 salary of $700,000.

the Talking Can
12-01-2005, 06:39 AM
it must suck to suck

Big Chief Homer
12-01-2005, 06:57 AM
Ahhhhhh,the glory of greener pastures.

Fried Meat Ball!
12-01-2005, 07:04 AM
Man, everybody here was pissed we let Beisel go, saying Belichick was going to make him an all-pro. I find this kinda funny... Also kinda sad. I always liked Beisel, in that retarded brother kind of way.

Skip Towne
12-01-2005, 07:08 AM
I heard they need CB's. Bartee should give them a call.

Frazod
12-01-2005, 07:16 AM
Beisel is like Garciapara in reverse. Nomar took the Curse to Chicago with him when he left Boston; Monty brought the Chiefs No Defense Curse to Boston when he left KC.

Works for me. :D

cadmonkey
12-01-2005, 07:39 AM
I heard they need CB's. Bartee should give them a call.

Can you please stop offering us your trash players. :cuss:

jspchief
12-01-2005, 07:42 AM
Man, everybody here was pissed we let Beisel go, saying Belichick was going to make him an all-pro. I find this kinda funny... Also kinda sad. I always liked Beisel, in that retarded brother kind of way."Everybody" was pissed? I don't think so. I can think of one poster who's username starts with jsp and ends in chief that has always thought Beisel was nothing more than STs and depth, and didn't give two shits that he left.

Brock
12-01-2005, 07:49 AM
"Everybody" was pissed? I don't think so. I can think of one poster who's username starts with jsp and ends in chief that has always thought Beisel was nothing more than STs and depth, and didn't give two shits that he left.

that's what I was thinking. the only topic I can find that even talks about Beisel going to NE is one by Laz saying good luck, Monty.

I thought he and Fujita were both good football players. Obviously, I was wrong.

Mark M
12-01-2005, 07:57 AM
While Biesel is not a starting caliber LB, he is a special teams stud, and I think his loss is part of our coverage problems this year.

That being typed, it's kinda funny to see him snap like that. I think he's realizing that he's not as good as he thought he was.

MM
~~:LOL:

siberian khatru
12-01-2005, 07:59 AM
While Biesel is not a starting caliber LB, he is a special teams stud, and I think his loss is part of our coverage problems this year.

Him and Blaylock.

Mark M
12-01-2005, 08:02 AM
Him and Blaylock.

Yep.

Just goes to show how important special teams is, and how difficult it can be to play it well.

Of course, Beisel & Blaylock played a lot of special teams while here, so that may be part of the reason ...

MM
~~:)

beavis
12-01-2005, 08:11 AM
What the f**k is that, your not suppose to make me look bad.
ROFL

You take care of that one on your own buddy.

Phobia
12-01-2005, 08:31 AM
If NE would simply move him to DE all their problems would be solved. Any PR guy knows this.

Big Chief Homer
12-01-2005, 08:57 AM
I think he's realizing that he's not as good as he thought he was.

MM
~~:LOL:

yup,suck is still suck no matter what city you play in.

Rain Man
12-01-2005, 08:59 AM
It only got worse after the interview when Keyaron Fox suddenly showed up and started beating on him.

bringbackmarty
12-01-2005, 09:22 AM
it's not about the individual, it's the collective will that defines the destiny of the team. Biesel sucks because his will is not in line with the others on his team. That read and react shit don't jive at the pro level , unless you a cheatin'bitch team like the donx. The patriots are no bitches. They are still a great team. You got the best qb, best dlineman, best young nose tackle, meanest safety on one leg, strokker the wonderbacker who even when he is about to stroke it, he still makes plays. They are a great team, and we owned their ass on sunday.

nevermind, he just sucks. what were pioli and belichek thinking? That they had donnie edwards on their hands?

StcChief
12-01-2005, 10:17 AM
Attention Bill B. you don't always turn a sows ear into silk....

You get what you pay for.

Good luck in another Media intensive market.

Think it's bad there? Move down to NY.

Phobia
12-01-2005, 10:19 AM
If this is freaking out, then what did Barrett Robbins do?

Demonpenz
12-01-2005, 10:26 AM

that dude went Kcjohnny on the police

jspchief
12-01-2005, 10:33 AM
Our coverage units don't suck because of the loss of Beisel. They sucked the last two years with him as well. The only thing our STs has ever been good at is running alongside Hall when he busts one.

Mark M
12-01-2005, 10:53 AM
Our coverage units don't suck because of the loss of Beisel. They sucked the last two years with him as well. The only thing our STs has ever been good at is running alongside Hall when he busts one.

IMHO, last year we had issues because Bo was hurt.

I know, I know ... we've got 10 (sometimes 11) guys trying to go and make a play, but certain players seem to have a knack for STs. Bo, Beisel and Blaylock are three of those players, IMHO.

Not quite good enough to start, but good enough to contribute well on the coverage unit.

MM
~~:shrug:

Calcountry
12-01-2005, 10:55 AM
I heard they need CB's. Bartee should give them a call.ROFL

Calcountry
12-01-2005, 10:56 AM
Can you please stop offering us your trash players. :cuss:Don't like Bartee, how bout McCleon.

KCTitus
12-01-2005, 10:57 AM
Biesel does his best Ryan Leaf impersonation...

BigChiefFan
12-01-2005, 11:56 AM
Sounds like Beisel is a passionate player. I've seen and heard ALOT worse. He's a football player, he's supposed to be aggressive last time I checked.

Cormac
12-01-2005, 01:15 PM

ROFL

cadmonkey
12-01-2005, 01:16 PM
Sounds like Beisel is a passionate player. I've seen and heard ALOT worse. He's a football player, he's supposed to be aggressive last time I checked.

ON the field!

Brock
12-01-2005, 01:18 PM

Beisel probably is a passionate player. Trouble is, he just isn't very good.

kregger
12-01-2005, 01:29 PM
IMHO, last year we had issues because Bo was hurt.

I know, I know ... we've got 10 (sometimes 11) guys trying to go and make a play, but certain players seem to have a knack for STs. Bo, Beisel and Blaylock are three of those players, IMHO.

Not quite good enough to start, but good enough to contribute well on the coverage unit.

MM
~~:shrug:
BO is a penalty waiting to happen. I watched that dude last sunday on all the ST plays. He get double teamed usually and is always close to dukin' it out with one or both blockers.

RhodyPatsFan
12-01-2005, 02:01 PM
Beisel probably is a passionate player. Trouble is, he just isn't very good.

Too bad he plays like a pussy. He has been god-awful this year. The joke after the San Diego game was that he looked like Thomlinson's backpack. He couldn't tackle him for sh*t.

Funny thing is too with that beat writer, Tom Curran from the ProJo, is one of the best out there. I don't recall anyone having a problem with him, ever, until this incident.

Thig Lyfe
12-01-2005, 02:24 PM
But can he play corner?