PDA

View Full Version : LJ Is November's AFC Offensive Player of the Month

dirk digler
12-01-2005, 08:43 AM
Congrats to LJ!

JOHNSON NAMED NOVEMBER'S AFC OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE MONTH
Dec 01, 2005, 8:03:18 AM

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2005/12/01/johnson_named_novembers_afc_offensive_player_of_the_month/

The National Football League informed the Chiefs on Thursday that RB Larry Johnson has been named AFC Player of the Month for November. This marks the first time he has earned this distinction, and he is the first Chiefs player to win this honor since RB Priest Holmes took home AFC Offensive Player of the Month accolades for October 2004.

Johnson (6-1, 230) was a principle contributor to the Chiefs going 3-1 in the month of November with wins vs. Oakland (11/6), at Houston (11/20) and vs. New England (11/27). Over the past four games Johnson has compiled four consecutive 100-yard rushing performances, totaling 116 carries for 569 yards (4.9 avg.) with five TDs. Those four straight 100-yard games rank as the second-longest streak in team history. He also posted 14 receptions for 153 yards. Johnson’s 569 rushing yards were the most in the NFL during the month of November.

In a dramatic 27-23 win vs. Oakland Johnson scored two rushing touchdowns including his final score, a one-yard TD dive on the game’s final play. Two weeks later at Houston he recorded a Chiefs-record 211 rushing yards, surpassing the previous mark owned by RB Barry Word (200 vs. Detroit – 10/14/90). His career-high 36 carries at the Texans were also the third-highest single game total in team history. After a 119-yard rushing effort vs. New England, Johnson eclipsed the franchise record for most rushing yards in consecutive games with 330 yards.

Johnson now ranks third in the AFC in rushing with 968 yards on 191 carries (5.1 avg.) with nine touchdowns. The State College, Pennsylvania native entered the league as the Chiefs first-round draft pick in the 2003 NFL Draft. The Penn State alum prepped at State College Area High School.

dirk digler
12-01-2005, 08:44 AM
Donger beat me to it. Mods please delete mine.

Thanks

angryllama
12-01-2005, 08:45 AM
Champ Bailey is the AFC's defensive player of the month.

Lzen
12-01-2005, 09:11 AM
Champ Bailey is the AFC's defensive player of the month.
Who gives a $hit?

Count Zarth
12-01-2005, 09:11 AM
Who gives a $hit?

Yeah, we have Kennison. ROFL

angryllama
12-01-2005, 09:13 AM
Who gives a $hit?

You should since he's better than every player on your team (Roaf is pretty good though) and you guys are going to see a whole lot of him on Sunday.

ChiefGator
12-01-2005, 10:23 AM
You should since he's better than every player on your team (Roaf is pretty good though) and you guys are going to see a whole lot of him on Sunday.

Because the Denver offense will keep turning over the ball quickly?

Or will he be going without a uniform and streaking?

StcChief
12-01-2005, 11:02 AM
Chump Bailey due to get torched and whine.

Opening his mouth in first game didn't help his cause.

Kennison and Gonzo take it to him.

angryllama
12-01-2005, 02:02 PM
Chump Bailey due to get torched and whine.

Opening his mouth in first game didn't help his cause.

Kennison and Gonzo take it to him.

Yeah...Gonzo has had alot of success against him in the past.

Lzen
12-01-2005, 03:02 PM

Wow, can we say delusional?

Wile_E_Coyote
12-01-2005, 03:17 PM
when the team's star is out & the back up gets AFC offense player of the month, that's a nice

angryllama
12-01-2005, 03:24 PM
Wow, can we say delusional?

I will say this again:

Champ Bailey is a better player than any player on the Chiefs.

Roaf is the best individual player on your team, but Bailey is in his prime. I challenge you to come up with another player even close to Bailey's skill and performance level. Bailey is the top player in the league at his position (per NFL players). Can any Chief boast that honor?

SLAG
12-01-2005, 03:25 PM
I will say this again:

Champ Bailey is a better player than any player on the Chiefs.

Roaf is the best individual player on your team, but Bailey is in his prime. I challenge you to come up with another player even close to Bailey's skill and performance level. Bailey is the top player in the league at his position (per NFL players). Can any Chief boast that honor?

Larry Johnson

angryllama
12-01-2005, 03:32 PM
Larry Johnson

Uhhh....someone else give it a shot?

Tomlinson
Alexander
Edgerrin James
Clinton Portis
and on...and on...

Wile_E_Coyote
12-01-2005, 03:33 PM
too bad Gonzo sucks

angryllama
12-01-2005, 03:35 PM
too bad Gonzo sucks

I would say that Gonzo was the closest thing that you guys had to a player of Bailey's calibur. The Gonzo of three seasons ago was right up there with the top couple of TE's. Right now there are a few other guys out there having more of an impact. One is in San Diego. Witten is another. Shockey is pretty darn good as well.

keg in kc
12-01-2005, 03:36 PM
It'll be fun watching the offensive player of the month steamroll the defensive player of the mouth.

Wile_E_Coyote
12-01-2005, 03:37 PM
your the bomb

mike_b_284
12-01-2005, 03:38 PM
Uhhh....someone else give it a shot?

Tomlinson
Alexander
Edgerrin James
Clinton Portis
and on...and on...

have all started every game this season and have been behind a healthy line all seson

ergo shut up you fu@king bitch homo

mike_b_284
12-01-2005, 03:40 PM
by the way portis is not on that list

mike_b_284
12-01-2005, 03:41 PM
he caught bitchdom for life while he was out there with you pussies

SLAG
12-01-2005, 03:45 PM
he caught bitchdom for life while he was out there with you pussies

Simmer Down

hes not worth the Key Strokes or the HTML code it takes to bad mouth him

mike_b_284
12-01-2005, 03:50 PM
I WILL NOT CALM DOWN!!!

mike_b_284
12-01-2005, 03:50 PM
ok I'm calm

SLAG
12-01-2005, 03:51 PM
ok I'm calm

Thank you Thats Much better

angryllama
12-01-2005, 03:52 PM
I WILL NOT CALM DOWN!!!

Fine...just pick up your keyboard, smash it over your monitor, pick up the monitor and throw it out of the nearest window.

Then punch some holes in the wall. Or you can head-butt holes in the wall. Whatever suits you.

Wile_E_Coyote
12-01-2005, 03:54 PM
he said butt holes

angryllama
12-01-2005, 03:56 PM
he said butt holes

Beavis?

Wile_E_Coyote
12-01-2005, 03:59 PM
thought you were looking for a ban, gay men dig that

mike_b_284
12-01-2005, 04:01 PM
he said butt holes
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

go bowe
12-01-2005, 04:17 PM
have all started every game this season and have been behind a healthy line all seson

ergo shut up you fu@king bitch homoyou make a fine point about lj not having all those carries that priest got...

add those in, and i bet lj is right at or very near the top in rushing...

and he's learning to catch the ball more effectively...

now, if he could just pass block... :( :( :(

go bowe
12-01-2005, 04:19 PM
thought you were looking for a ban, gay men dig thathey, hold on there...

one of my best cyber-buddies is a gay man, as well as some inlaws, and none of them like being banned...

what the jimminy christmas are you talking about?

keg in kc
12-01-2005, 04:23 PM
one of my best cyber-buddies is a gay manA quote that will haunt you until your dying day, my friend. [cue evil laugh]

johnson&surtain
12-01-2005, 05:35 PM
LJ is da bomb!!!!!! who agrees?

SLAG
12-01-2005, 05:38 PM
LJ is da bomb!!!!!! who agrees?

I do Young Man I do

Tuckdaddy
12-01-2005, 06:42 PM
I would say that Gonzo was the closest thing that you guys had to a player of Bailey's calibur. The Gonzo of three seasons ago was right up there with the top couple of TE's. Right now there are a few other guys out there having more of an impact. One is in San Diego. Witten is another. Shockey is pretty darn good as well.

Excuse me bonehead, Roaf and Gonzo are considered by many to be the best ever at thier positions. I don't recall Chump being in that category.

Not to mention Eddie made him look like shiat in the this very game last season.

|Zach|
12-01-2005, 06:47 PM
I have no idea how some around here can't see that Champ is the best CB in the NFL right now.

VonneMarie
12-01-2005, 08:12 PM
And very deserving for LJ!

angryllama
12-02-2005, 11:09 AM
Excuse me bonehead, Roaf and Gonzo are considered by many to be the best ever at thier positions. I don't recall Chump being in that category.

Not to mention Eddie made him look like shiat in the this very game last season.

Okay...now we at least have some discussion going...this is good.

I would say that the only people that think those guys are the best ever at their positions are KC fans. Roaf has consistently been one of the best in the league during his career, but that list is deep as far as LT's are concerned. It is very much debateable that he is among the all-timers, but worth the discussion because he's a quality player.

Gonzo will be among the top TE's of all-time when he retires. No debate there. I dont think that he will accomplish what Sharpe did in Denver, but after Sharpe I cant see anyone else that I would rather have in their prime. The list of great TE's starts with Sharpe. That's a no-brainer. I would put Gonzo up there in front of everyone else though. He has the production to warrant that. The closer he gets to Sharpe's ownership of the TE record book, the more we can legitimately discuss Gonzo being equal or better than Sharpe.

Champ Bailey is still relatively young for a DB. He's got alot of time left to play and he's just entering his prime years. Champ has proven to be the top DB in the game over the past few seasons. He wont get the praise he deserves because he plays for a team that everyone likes to hate, but he is undoubtedly the top DB in the game. Just ask his fellow NFL players and coaches who overwhelmingly vote him the top DB every season.

funk monkey
12-02-2005, 11:36 AM
YEHAWWW you go LJ, just last year he only played a couple of plays in the whole season, and they were good plays too, now that Holmes is hurt :( it gives him a chanve to shine....

Bearcat2005
12-02-2005, 01:11 PM
Oh yeah ....well my dad can beat your dad up! What the hell are you five! Shut the hell up and go back to that shithole you call Denver.

angryllama
12-02-2005, 01:14 PM
Oh yeah ....well my dad can beat your dad up! What the hell are you five! Shut the hell up and go back to that shithole you call Denver.

Is it not true? Is your backup RB better at his position than the best CB in the NFL?

Bearcat2005
12-02-2005, 01:22 PM
Is it not true? Is your backup RB better at his position than the best CB in the NFL?
Is it not true we have maybe the best LT ever in Roaf, maybe the best RG in Shields, the best TE in the NFL and maybe the best RB when healthy in Holmes. Take your kindergarten responces and baseless rhetoric elsewhere for I do not have time for it.

Bearcat2005
12-02-2005, 01:23 PM
Is it not true we have maybe the best LT ever in Roaf, maybe the best RG in Shields, the best TE in the NFL and maybe the best RB when healthy in Holmes. Take your kindergarten responces and baseless rhetoric elsewhere for I do not have time for it.
And lets not forget who LJ is backup to pal.

vailpass
12-02-2005, 01:26 PM

Roaf maybe. Gonzo? Not so much. He has slowed down and has to put in more good years to catch Sharpe and that guy from San Diego.

ChiefsFan4Life
12-02-2005, 01:29 PM
Roaf maybe. Gonzo? Not so much. He has slowed down and has to put in more good years to catch Sharpe and that guy from San Diego.

By "that guy" are you referring to Gates or someone else?

For your sake, I hope it's someone else.