PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Rivers will be traded next season, do you think Chiefs.........

chiefsfan1963
12-01-2005, 01:14 PM
would be interested? I know Trent has a couple more years left on his contract, but I've heard Rivers has a lot of talent for someone sitting on the bench. Thoughts?

Brock
12-01-2005, 01:16 PM
I wouldn't be willing to give up the 2 first rounders, at a minimum, that would cost.

Alton deFlat
12-01-2005, 01:19 PM
I don't know, that damn Joan Rivers has a big mouth. She'd always be critiquing what the Chiefs are wearing, and be a cancer in the locker room........ oh wait a minute... did you mean Philip Rivers?

Scaga
12-01-2005, 01:22 PM
I have a better chance of regrowing my hair than the Chiefs do of getting Rivers. Ain't gonna happen.

chagrin
12-01-2005, 01:24 PM
I have a thought, why the hell would we want him exactly?

chiefsfan1963
12-01-2005, 01:28 PM
I have a thought, why the hell would we want him exactly?

don't we need a QBFTF?

dirk digler
12-01-2005, 01:29 PM
I could almost guarantee that no way in hell will San Diego trade Rivers to an AFC West team.

Dunit35
12-01-2005, 01:35 PM
No thanks.

Frankie
12-01-2005, 01:37 PM
No thanks.
ditto

John_Wayne
12-01-2005, 01:38 PM
would be interested? I know Trent has a couple more years left on his contract, but I've heard Rivers has a lot of talent for someone sitting on the bench. Thoughts? He carries a huge contract and is unproven. I wouldn't want us to give up much for him.

ChiefsFan4Life
12-01-2005, 01:39 PM
I'd rather the Chiefs steal Fitzpatrick from the Rams for cheap

StcChief
12-01-2005, 01:44 PM
I doubt Rams give up on Fitz, even though it was Texans
he torched.

they might part with sh1tty Jamie Martin no thanks.

Saulbadguy
12-01-2005, 01:49 PM
He is in the AFC West. Ain't gonna happen.

FringeNC
12-01-2005, 01:50 PM
I think taking a QB with the 1st few selections is a bad move. By the time they are ready to actually contribute, it's time for a new huge contract again, after their initial huge contract. Just not worth it. I wouldn't draft Leinart if I had the 1st pick.

alpha_omega
12-01-2005, 01:56 PM
No!

chiefsfan1963
12-01-2005, 02:00 PM
given that we will most likely be in the high teens in the the draft will we find our QBFTF this offseason? Possibly in the later rounds or through free agency?

kepp
12-01-2005, 02:02 PM
I'd say no thanks. His throwing motion reminds me of the way Shaq used to shoot freethrows. He'd go through 90% of the motion...stop...and then shoot.

Cochise
12-01-2005, 02:07 PM
Aside from the exhorbitant cost of making the trade, how much additional cap room his contract would cost us, the fact that San Diego is in our division, and the fact that almost every other position is a bigger area of need, I think it's a great idea.

ChiefsCountry
12-01-2005, 02:18 PM
No.

Why do we have stupid threads like this?

Mr. Laz
12-01-2005, 02:25 PM
nah

Frankie
12-01-2005, 02:51 PM
given that we will most likely be in the high teens in the the draft will we find our QBFTF this offseason? Possibly in the later rounds or through free agency?Kilian? :hmmm:

patteeu
12-01-2005, 03:27 PM
Aside from the exhorbitant cost of making the trade, how much additional cap room his contract would cost us, the fact that San Diego is in our division, and the fact that almost every other position is a bigger area of need, I think it's a great idea.

ROFL Yep, me too.

Extra Point
12-01-2005, 03:36 PM
Rivers sounds like a QBFTM: QB for the meanwhile.

Until we get the the kid from LSU.

htismaqe
12-01-2005, 03:53 PM
No on Rivers.

His unorthodox release makes me wonder if he'll ever be a successful full-time starter in the NFL...

Frankie
12-01-2005, 03:58 PM
No on Rivers.

His unorthodox release makes me wonder if he'll ever be a successful full-time starter in the NFL...
Green Bay might go for him to replace Favre. Favre's got a funny release too.

chiefsfaninNC
12-01-2005, 04:01 PM
I'd rather the Chiefs steal Fitzpatrick from the Rams for cheap

Forget it. He is the new starter for the Rams.

cdcox
12-01-2005, 04:19 PM
given that we will most likely be in the high teens

Right now it is most likely that we will be drafting in the low 20's...

FWIW..

Tribal Warfare
12-01-2005, 04:31 PM
Right now it is most likely that we will be drafting in the low 20's...

FWIW..

the 24th position thus far

Tribal Warfare
12-01-2005, 04:32 PM
How about the consensus QBOF Matt Schaub

htismaqe
12-01-2005, 04:44 PM

Have you ever seen Rivers throw? If you had, you'd realize how ridiculous the statement you just made is.

Plus, you must have forgotten that they drafted Aaron Rodgers last year in the 1st round...

chiefsfan1963
12-01-2005, 05:00 PM
Interesting takes on Rivers. It looks like Rivers is a no go, Brees job is very safe based on the posts. Rivers is a bust. I did not know that.

Brock
12-01-2005, 05:50 PM

Favre has a funny release? Sometimes I wonder if you watch games with the wrong glasses on or something.

SNR
12-01-2005, 06:30 PM
Trade for Brooks Bollinger. Anyone?

Frankie
12-01-2005, 07:12 PM
Have you ever seen Rivers throw? If you had, you'd realize how ridiculous the statement you just made is.
No I haven't seen him. But I've seen Farve throw a lot of passes. And yes he does have an unusual delivery. As for Rivers, I've only heard verbal discriptions of his release. Sounded like some of Farve's throws,... 'sall. No need to get your crotch in a knot.

Plus, you must have forgotten that they drafted Aaron Rodgers last year in the 1st round...
I know about Rogers. But all I'm hearing is he's never gonna be their starter.

Frankie
12-01-2005, 07:14 PM
Favre has a funny release? Sometimes I wonder if you watch games with the wrong glasses on or something.Sounds like I failed to make my sacrifice to the football god that you are. Sorry O'mighty Zeus of football.

ck_IN
12-01-2005, 07:29 PM
Rivers does have a 3/4rs release rather then the traditional over the top release. It's not a deal breaker for me but it probably would lead to more batted down balls.

I don't know that Farve has a funny release as much as he throws from funny positions; off back foot, across his body, etc. His arm is so strong he can get away with it but it does lead to some int's now and then.

I doubt the Chargers would trade him to us and I doubt that CP would give up the pick(s) it would take to get him.

chagrin
12-01-2005, 07:33 PM
don't we need a QBFTF?

Sorry about that. Yes, I would think we do soon, but the only other side armed throwing QB didn't bring home any titles and just happened to be coached by one Marty S. and lost several heartwrenching games to the Donks. Even though we don't have Marty anymore I don't want that kind of bad Karma. Besides which, he costs too much and as I understand it, he didn't exactly impress many coaches at the combine. Anyway, I just don't think he'd be very successful with us.

htismaqe
12-01-2005, 08:26 PM
Rivers does have a 3/4rs release rather then the traditional over the top release. It's not a deal breaker for me but it probably would lead to more batted down balls.

I don't know that Farve has a funny release as much as he throws from funny positions; off back foot, across his body, etc. His arm is so strong he can get away with it but it does lead to some int's now and then.

I doubt the Chargers would trade him to us and I doubt that CP would give up the pick(s) it would take to get him.

It's not the 3/4 release -- his mechanics are downright weird. It's like the difference between a sling and a whip. After watching him in college, I'd be concerned about him hurting his arm like a pitcher in baseball...

chief52
12-01-2005, 08:56 PM

I with this guy...Oh, and the fact that he has proven nothing in the NFL.

milkman
12-01-2005, 09:43 PM
It's not the 3/4 release -- his mechanics are downright weird. It's like the difference between a sling and a whip. After watching him in college, I'd be concerned about him hurting his arm like a pitcher in baseball...

Add the fact that his release is slower than molasses as the result of those poor mechanics.

Oh, 63, Your and Idiot.

Yeah, we can make a blockbuster deal with a division rival.

That'll happen sometime shortly after the wizard gives you a brain.

Deberg_1990
12-01-2005, 09:52 PM
I have no idea what this kid has in him? Ive never seen him throw one pass. I am 100% certain the Bolts will NEVER trade him to a division rival. That would be like us trading LJ to the Raiders.

Frankie
12-02-2005, 08:36 AM
I have no idea what this kid has in him? Ive never seen him throw one pass. I am 100% certain the Bolts will NEVER trade him to a division rival.
I woudn't want him if they were willing to trade him to us. That would be a sure sign that he's pretty bad and they know it.

Cochise
12-02-2005, 08:45 AM
Something I don't understand about this:

Rivers was drafted with a first round pick. He rides the bench for two years, unable to displace the existing starter that the team was about to give up on.

And now his value has doubled to two first round picks? How does that work?

Brock
12-02-2005, 08:50 AM
Something I don't understand about this:

Rivers was drafted with a first round pick. He rides the bench for two years, unable to displace the existing starter that the team was about to give up on.

And now his value has doubled to two first round picks? How does that work?

I dunno. I bet someone will pay it, though.

Cochise
12-02-2005, 08:54 AM
I dunno. I bet someone will pay it, though.

I don't doubt it either, I didn't mean that. I just meant... why has he gone up in value?

I could see someone like Larry Johnson meriting 2 first round picks, but someone who hasn't shown he can do anything besides wear a baseball cap on the sidelines?

B_Ambuehl
12-02-2005, 11:48 AM
actually you'd be hard pressed to find someone give one first rounder for Larry Johnson or any other tail back.

Rivers sucks. The 3rd string quarterback that went to Miami, Cleo Lemon, was much more impressive then he was.

Brock
12-02-2005, 11:52 AM
actually you'd be hard pressed to find someone give one first rounder for Larry Johnson or any other tail back.

Rivers sucks. The 3rd string quarterback that went to Miami, Cleo Lemon, was much more impressive then he was.

Based on what? Rivers has appeared in 1 NFL game.

Cochise
12-02-2005, 11:54 AM
Based on what? Rivers has appeared in 1 NFL game.

well according to NFL.com Cleo's never attempted a pass in the NFL so I'm not sure what the standard is here.