PDA

View Full Version : A Christmas Carol: Chiefs Planet

Calcountry
12-01-2005, 04:23 PM
How many different versions of Charles Dicken's classic "A Christmas Carol" are there?

I mean there is the one with the Fonze, and there is the one with Captain Picard, there is like 2 B&W ones, there are umpteen cartoon versions.

How about a Chiefs Planet version:

Of course, the lead role for this, as Mr. Scrooge himself can be none other than Skip Town.

All right, the sign up sheet is here, feel free to sign up for any part that you would feel fits you, or you can volunteer a shy person to play a part.

If there are any ties, Rain Man can have a poll to see who should get what part.

I will put myself down for Mr. Fezziwig. Scrooge's boss in the Christmas past.

Sully
12-01-2005, 04:24 PM
Can I be Tiny Tim?

... never mind

Donger
12-01-2005, 04:26 PM
Can chiefs4me play The Hooker of Christmas Past?

Calcountry
12-01-2005, 04:27 PM
Can chiefs4me play The Hooker of Christmas Past?Do you mean one of those wenches that are begging for pennies for the baby?

Donger
12-01-2005, 04:29 PM
Do you mean one of those wenches that are begging for pennies for the baby?

Were they hookers?

Calcountry
12-01-2005, 04:31 PM
Were they hookers?I don't remember there being any hookers in any of the movies I have seen, of course, I should read the book to make sure.

I nominate you being one of those youthfull Carolers that are getting in Scrooges face for the change.

Sully
12-01-2005, 04:33 PM
You want me to staple the antlers to the mouse's heads?

Count Zarth
12-01-2005, 04:39 PM
What is the point of this?

ChiefsFire
12-01-2005, 04:40 PM
wasnt there a claymation version done with the California Raisins starring in it back in the 90s?

Hydrae
12-01-2005, 04:44 PM
The best version had to be the one by the Muppets! :thumb:

I think you were wrong at the very start, Logical should be Scrooge. :D

Donger
12-01-2005, 04:47 PM
I nominate you being one of those youthfull Carolers that are getting in Scrooges face for the change.

Fair enough. In fact, I can do a fantastic, whiny, Cockney, kid accent.

Calcountry
12-01-2005, 04:57 PM
What is the point of this?Where are we gonna put Gochiefs?

He has to be the guy doing the puppets in that one version. Scrooge hits him up for the cash and he almost pees his pants.

keg in kc
12-01-2005, 04:58 PM
Fair enough. In fact, I can do a fantastic, whiny, Cockney, kid accent.And you wonder why you're a gay magnet...

PastorMikH
12-01-2005, 05:04 PM
Skip HAS to be Scrooge. If you don't believe me, poll the noobs.

Count Zarth
12-01-2005, 05:06 PM
I barely even know what this story is. My Christmas education is sorely lacking.

Rain Man
12-01-2005, 05:07 PM
I want to be Frosty the Snowman.

Count Zarth
12-01-2005, 05:08 PM

OK, my christmas education isn't THAT bad.

CosmicPal
12-01-2005, 05:08 PM
I want to be Clark Griswald

Calcountry
12-01-2005, 05:13 PM
Skip HAS to be Scrooge. If you don't believe me, poll the noobs.Fine, but what parts will all the N00bs play?

Calcountry
12-01-2005, 05:14 PM
I want to be Frosty the Snowman.Kind of like the kiddies looking up to you eh?

Calcountry
12-01-2005, 05:15 PM
I want to be Clark GriswaldYeah, I would like to be him when he is buying jewelry in that movie. Man that chick was smokin hot.

Count Zarth
12-01-2005, 05:15 PM
Seriously. I know more about Scrooge McDuck than this other Scrooge.

Calcountry
12-01-2005, 05:16 PM
Seriously. I know more about Scrooge McDuck than this other Scrooge.Is that the one with McGoo, you done it again, as Scrooge?

Rain Man
12-01-2005, 05:25 PM
Seriously. I know more about Scrooge McDuck than this other Scrooge.

That duck was a financial genius, but I sometimes wonder why he would keep all of his money in a big vault earning no interest. Maybe that was just his cash reserve or something.

Count Zarth
12-01-2005, 05:26 PM
That duck was a financial genius, but I sometimes wonder why he would keep all of his money in a big vault earning no interest. Maybe that was just his cash reserve or something.

So he could swim in it. Duh.

Hydrae
12-01-2005, 05:27 PM

He is who I learned the excellent life lesson of "Work smarter, not harder" from. Scrooge McDuck is my hero!

PastorMikH
12-01-2005, 05:28 PM
Fine, but what parts will all the N00bs play?

How about all the people Scrooge is getting ready to forclose on - the ones that weren't mentioned in the movie but we know where there.

BTW, with Skip playing Scrooge, we won't have to worry about Scrooge turning soft in the end like Dickenson's Scrooge did.:):)

Calcountry
12-01-2005, 05:30 PM
How about all the people Scrooge is getting ready to forclose on - the ones that weren't mentioned in the movie but we know where there.

BTW, with Skip playing Scrooge, we won't have to worry about Scrooge turning soft in the end like Dickenson's Scrooge did.:):)Then we have to run Vlad Logicslav as Scrooge.

chiefs4me
12-01-2005, 05:30 PM
Can chiefs4me play The Hooker of Christmas Past?

aw gee thanks........pretty boy.....ROFL

4th and Long
12-01-2005, 05:34 PM
I want to be the dashing Bumble Tamer, Yukon Cornelius.

http://www.orangeride.com/archives/2003/blizzard/yukon.jpg http://nabemb.org/images/yukon.gif

Stinger
12-01-2005, 05:36 PM
I think you were wrong at the very start, Logical should be Scrooge. :D

Skip as Scrooge

I see Logical as Jacob Marley

Rain Man
12-01-2005, 05:48 PM
I'm torn on whether oldgeezer or oldcodger should be the ghost of Christmas past.

Calcountry
12-01-2005, 05:50 PM
I want to be the dashing Bumble Tamer, Yukon Cornelius.

http://www.orangeride.com/archives/2003/blizzard/yukon.jpg http://nabemb.org/images/yukon.gifHe only likes LAND HOES!!11

4th and Long
12-01-2005, 05:52 PM
He only likes LAND HOES!!11
ROFL ROFL ROFL

Calcountry
12-01-2005, 05:56 PM
I nominate 4rth and long for the Ghost of Christmas Present.

Taco John
12-01-2005, 05:59 PM
I barely even know what this story is. My Christmas education is sorely lacking.

We don't spend nearly as much time in this country ridiculing the jehovas Witnesses as we should... ;)

Taco John
12-01-2005, 06:00 PM

I think I should get to be the Cold Miser.

4th and Long
12-01-2005, 06:00 PM
I nominate 4rth and long for the Ghost of Christmas Present.
*ahem*

Man, if man you be in heart, not adamant, forbear that wicked cant until you have discovered what the surplus is, and where it is. Will you decide what men shall live, what men shall die? It may be that in the sight of Heaven you are more worthless and less fit to live than millions like this poor manís child. O God! to hear the insect on the leaf pronouncing on the too much life among his hungry brothers in the dust!

Alternately ...

Sometime you have to SLAP them in the face just to get their attention!

Calcountry
12-01-2005, 06:07 PM
I think Big Daddy could be Scrooges Nephew. He is probably the most hospitable Planateer that I know on the Planet.

chagrin
12-01-2005, 06:16 PM
Will someone please, stop the God Damned Hammering!

Calcountry
12-01-2005, 06:18 PM
Will someone please, stop the God Damned Hammering!Huh? BTW, what freaking cartoon is your Avatar from?
I don't believe I know whence it is from.

chagrin
12-01-2005, 06:19 PM
it's a line from scrooged...nevermind

You don't know who the Quag is?

Calcountry
12-01-2005, 06:20 PM
it's a line from scrooged...nevermind

You don't know who the Quag is?Obviously, I need to brush up on that version of Scrooge.

No, can't say that I do.

4th and Long
12-01-2005, 06:21 PM
it's a line from scrooged.
Knock it off, Lumpy. :p

4th and Long
12-01-2005, 06:21 PM
Obviously, I need to brush up on that version of Scrooge.
OMG! You've never seen Scrooged? Dude, you HAVE to see that movie!

chagrin
12-01-2005, 06:22 PM
TV Show - The Family Guy. He's a character on the show, total friggin pervert.

Giggitty!

Sorry about the expletives, it was from the movie Scrooged. Bill Murray was a total jerk, good Scrooge.

Sully
12-01-2005, 06:24 PM
Will someone please, stop the God Damned Hammering!

Brilliant!!!

Calcountry
12-01-2005, 06:25 PM
TV Show - The Family Guy. He's a character on the show, total friggin pervert.

Giggitty!

Sorry about the expletives, it was from the movie Scrooged. Bill Murray was a total jerk, good Scrooge.WTF are you sorry for?

Calcountry
12-01-2005, 06:26 PM
WTF are you sorry for?Oh, btw, thanks for clearing that one up. I have never seen a single episode of the Family guy, I guess that explains my ignorance. :D

SNR
12-01-2005, 06:44 PM
I nominate Rausch to play the part of Tiny Tim

4th and Long
12-01-2005, 06:46 PM
I nominate Rausch to play the part of Tiny Tim
Whew. I though this thread had become too frightening for anyone to post on for a minute there. We don't want to scare the Dickens out of people. :p

Calcountry
12-01-2005, 06:56 PM
Whew. I though this thread had become too frightening for anyone to post on for a minute there. We don't want to scare the Dickens out of people. :pSorry, I had to go make some money, and was away for a minute.

I am Fezziwig after all.

It is my choice whether or not to make my employees work a burden, or to have a Christmas party.

4th and Long
12-01-2005, 06:59 PM
Sorry, I had to go make some money, and was away for a minute.

I am Fezziwig after all.

It is my choice whether or not to make my employees work a burden, or to have a Christmas party.
So when and where is the party? Is the food free? What about the drinks? If it's free, will you hire me the day of the party? Don't worry, you can fire me the same evening, after my belly is full and I'm knee walking drunk that is.

Calcountry
12-01-2005, 07:02 PM
So when and where is the party? Is the food free? What about the drinks? If it's free, will you hire me the day of the party? Don't worry, you can fire me the same evening, after my belly is full and I'm knee walking drunk that is.Usually, The party consists of Christmas music, Free pizza to the employees, and a very light work load for the day.

Typically it is on Christmas eve, retail you have to work it, and we close early.

I only have one part timer these days, but I have had as many as 2 on my payroll once. One full time and one Part.

I have a bottle of Brandy hidden in the old feed truck that doesn't run anymore, I could break it out for you man.

4th and Long
12-01-2005, 07:08 PM
Usually, The party consists of Christmas music, Free pizza to the employees, and a very light work load for the day.

Typically it is on Christmas eve, retail you have to work it, and we close early.

I only have one part timer these days, but I have had as many as 2 on my payroll once. One full time and one Part.

I have a bottle of Brandy hidden in the old feed truck that doesn't run anymore, I could break it out for you man.
I had my fill of retail as a young man. I rapidly learned that for the most part, retail made me hate people. More specifically, stupid people.

I plan on being on vacation come Christmas Eve. I'll be damned if you're calling me off my vacation to work.

I'll also have to pass on the bottle of Brandy. Now on the other hand, if you had some hot babe named Brandy you wanted to lay on me, I'm all for that!

chagrin
12-01-2005, 07:12 PM
Whew. I though this thread had become too frightening for anyone to post on for a minute there. We don't want to scare the Dickens out of people. :p

ROFL

The bitch hit me with a toaster

Calcountry
12-01-2005, 07:12 PM
I had my fill of retail as a young man. I rapidly learned that for the most part, retail made me hate people. More specifically, stupid people.

I plan on being on vacation come Christmas Eve. I'll be damned if you're calling me off my vacation to work.

I'll also have to pass on the bottle of Brandy. Now on the other hand, if you had some hot babe named Brandy you wanted to lay on me, I'm all for that!There are a LOT of stupid people, but none more stupid than I, for it is I that must serve them.

Calcountry
12-01-2005, 07:14 PM

I'll also have to pass on the bottle of Brandy. Now on the other hand, if you had some hot babe named Brandy you wanted to lay on me, I'm all for that!Sorry dude, you will have to call Big Daddy for the puddy.

Calcountry
12-01-2005, 07:15 PM
So who can be Bob Cratchit dammit?

4th and Long
12-01-2005, 07:56 PM
So who can be Bob Cratchit dammit?
Who the hell on the board always see the good in people like ol' Bob?

- 4th
STUMPED!

milkman
12-01-2005, 10:02 PM
Who the hell on the board always see the good in people like ol' Bob?

- 4th
STUMPED!

It's gotta be Rainman.

Calcountry
12-02-2005, 10:37 AM
It's gotta be Rainman.Jenny Gump can be Mrs Cratchet.

Rain Man
12-02-2005, 06:29 PM
It's gotta be Rainman.

I'm warning everyone, though. I don't do nude scenes unless they're integral to the story.

milkman
12-02-2005, 08:52 PM
I'm warning everyone, though. I don't do nude scenes unless they're integral to the story.

Not a problem.
I'm pretty sure no one wants to see that.

Jenny Gump can be Mrs Cratchet.

I do think nudity for Mrs. Crachit should be integral to the story, though.

Katipan
12-02-2005, 08:54 PM

when are they not?

Count Zarth
12-02-2005, 09:05 PM

As long as we can see your poll.