PDA

View Full Version : Weather Wars

CosmicPal
12-01-2005, 06:02 PM
Anyone believe in this sh*t?

I have a co-worker who sends me this link and buys into this theory of weather terrorists and stuff. Of course, he's a donkey fan. It's interesting, but sounds pretty far-fetched to me.

Anyways, here's the link:

http://www.weatherwars.info/index.html

4th and Long
12-01-2005, 06:06 PM
Wow, this guy is a certified idiot.

Chemtrails? ROFL Apparently simple science is beyond his grasp.

Bwana
12-01-2005, 06:27 PM

Dartgod
12-01-2005, 06:28 PM
What a nut job. :shake:

Taco John
12-01-2005, 06:35 PM
They definitely spray that shyte over us here in the Portland area... I've got pictures out my front yard of the cloudless sky covered in them almost like a checkerboard...

Chieficus
12-01-2005, 06:41 PM
Take away his arrows and every picture on his site looks like a normal weather pattern. Simple (well, maybe not quite simple) QG theory...

mikey23545
12-01-2005, 06:50 PM
They definitely spray that shyte over us here in the Portland area... I've got pictures out my front yard of the cloudless sky covered in them almost like a checkerboard...

Oh

My

God.

There simply aren't words to describe people like yourself.

Taco John
12-01-2005, 07:25 PM
Oh

My

God.

There simply aren't words to describe people like yourself.

Sure there are... Cynical and distrusting.

I'm not saying that the contrails are weather manipulation tactics. I have no idea what they are. I just know that they're something. They have a purpose. Otherwise they wouldn't spend the money to get the coverage that they do. They're spending a lot of money on fuel to get the kind of coverage that they get.

Unfortunately, the computer that I have the images on right now is working on partitioning my new 400GB hard drive, and I can't access it right now... Maybe I have a backup here somewhere...

mikey23545
12-01-2005, 07:34 PM
Sorry, I don't have time to discuss this anyway...I'm off on a group tour of the studio where they filmed the fake moon landings...

mikey23545
12-01-2005, 07:40 PM

You know, come to think of it...George Bush <i>was</i> a pilot...

keg in kc
12-01-2005, 07:41 PM
I chose the University of Kansas to study meteorology. These Idaho winters were just too rugged for me. Snow in May, yuck! There was that and the math requirements at KU weren't too tough. http://www.weatherwars.info/bio.htm

I think he's nuts with the whole chinese mafia attacking america with the weather, but I saw what I would call "chemtrails" over KC a number of times when I lived in the northland, and even took photos (don't have them now). And I'm not talking about KCI traffic, either, I'm talking about checkerboard patterns in the sky to the south. Whole grids with dozens of intersecting lines that I watched planes lay down, and then watched very slowly dissipate into cloud-ish or fog looking cover. These were not normal contrails, that I think we've all seen and recognize. These would last in the sky for hours.

Don't know what they were, and I haven't seen them for a few years. I also haven't looked for them, so maybe it still goes on, maybe it doesn't. I have wondered at times if it had anything to do with the drought we were in the middle of when I arrived ('98) that has since ended, thankfully.

Taco John
12-01-2005, 07:46 PM
You know, it doesn't bother me when people who are ultimately trusting of the government criticize me for making a concrete observation about some wierd shit that goes on in my own back yard that I can see plain as day.

Taco John
12-01-2005, 07:47 PM
Taken from my own property:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=49872

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=49873

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=49874

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=49875

I don't know WHY they do it. I just know THAT they do it, and they don't talk about WHY they do...

Taco John
12-01-2005, 08:02 PM
Mikey? Comments?

Rausch
12-01-2005, 08:02 PM
I'll admit, Taco's pics are pretty odd.

But I don't for a second buy into the whole weather manipulation thing...

Rausch
12-01-2005, 08:03 PM
Mikey? Comments?

I'm sorry, Mikey is busy right now... (http://www.crowdedskies.com/alien_interogation.htm)

4th and Long
12-01-2005, 08:07 PM
I'll admit, Taco's pics are pretty odd.

But I don't for a second buy into the whole weather manipulation thing...
Oh yeah. Those condensation trails are just, ... like wow, ... odd. Never seen those before, especially behind a jet aircraft. Gotta be a government cover-up. *nod nod nod*

ChiefsfaninPA
12-01-2005, 08:09 PM
I am not a goverment conspirist in the slightest, but I will not put it beyond any government(ours included) to do this weird shit and never explain it.

ChiefsfaninPA
12-01-2005, 08:09 PM
Lets see how fast this gets put into the Washington Forum.

Taco John
12-01-2005, 08:18 PM
I never discount *ANY* possibility until that possibilty is proven wrong. At the very least, I'm willing to consider the evidence and how each piece inter-relates.

I don't know if this stuff is something or if it's nothing. I'm not going to come into it with a pre-judgement without bothering to consider the evidence.

Though I will add, that as for my part, I don't find it unbelievable at all that weather can be manipulated. I think it probably can, if you know how to do it. If you had the technology. I don't know what that technology is or how it would work. Maybe microwaves? Who knows? I just don't find it unbelievable as a possibility, nor do I find it unbelievable that governments (or any power monger) would want such a thing in their grasp.

So bottom line is, all I know for sure is that they sprayed some junk over us, and do it quite often... especially in the Summer. I wouldn't notice it all that much except that it gives me a choke when I breathe it for too long.

Chieficus
12-01-2005, 08:20 PM
We're talking about jet contrails... Simple cloud formations that by their very nature are low impact upon the weather patterns. If you have a thin stratus deck or cirrus shield, it could cause localized variations for a short period of time. However, even intentionally creating grid-like patterns of contrails isn't going to do jack-squat in the grand scheme of things.

4th and Long
12-01-2005, 08:20 PM
Though I will add, that as for my part, I don't find it unbelievable at all that weather can be manipulated. I think it probably can, if you know how to do it. If you had the technology.
http://jeromard.free.fr/images/alien%20qui%20tient%20la%20terre.jpg

Taco John
12-01-2005, 08:23 PM
http://jeromard.free.fr/images/alien%20qui%20tient%20la%20terre.jpg

*shrug*

Dartgod
12-01-2005, 08:31 PM
How close do you live to the airport, TJ?

Taco John
12-01-2005, 08:58 PM
Very close. Close enough to know flight patterns. And that those aren't it.

cdcox
12-01-2005, 09:09 PM
Though I will add, that as for my part, I don't find it unbelievable at all that weather can be manipulated. I think it probably can, if you know how to do it.

I reckon we would need to understand the weather (i.e. getting tomorrow's forecast right) a whole lot better before we get around to being able to manipulate it. But that's just me.

keg in kc
12-01-2005, 09:21 PM
Oh yeah. Those condensation trails are just, ... like wow, ... odd. Never seen those before, especially behind a jet aircraft. Gotta be a government cover-up. *nod nod nod*I'm not sure why some people are so sensitive about this. I think we've all seen contrails, we all know what they look like. If the things in taco's pics are like what I saw here in KC in '99 and 2000, and they'll stay in the sky for hours at a time (and here they were in the sky for several days in a row) then they they aren't contrails. They were something out of the ordinary.

I'm not saying it's a conspiracy, I'm not saying it's some kind of weather manipulation, because I have no idea what it is. But I will say that I've seen this kind of thing with my own eyes and it ain't normal. And no amount of junior high pointing and laughing is going to change that fact.

mikey23545
12-01-2005, 09:21 PM
Taco, I don't know what you just think you showed me pictures of (other than contrails), but it scares the shit out of me that people like you are allowed to vote...

mikey23545
12-01-2005, 09:26 PM
I'm sorry, Mikey is busy right now... (http://www.crowdedskies.com/alien_interogation.htm)

Uhhmmm...I just wasn't feeling too well that day...

Taco John
12-01-2005, 09:27 PM
I reckon we would need to understand the weather (i.e. getting tomorrow's forecast right) a whole lot better before we get around to being able to manipulate it. But that's just me.

You mean stuff like predicting hurricane paths weeks before they develop? Or are you suggesting that Stewart Smiley on The Eye in The Sky Channel Five is the bleeding edge of our technology?

Taco John
12-01-2005, 09:28 PM
I'm not sure why some people are so sensitive about this. I think we've all seen contrails, we all know what they look like. If the things in taco's pics are like what I saw here in KC in '99 and 2000, and they'll stay in the sky for hours at a time (and here they were in the sky for several days in a row) then they they aren't contrails. They were something out of the ordinary.

I'm not saying it's a conspiracy, I'm not saying it's some kind of weather manipulation, because I have no idea what it is. But I will say that I've seen this kind of thing with my own eyes and it ain't normal. And no amount of junior high pointing and laughing is going to change that fact.

Yeah, I don't get it either.

Ari Chi3fs
12-01-2005, 09:43 PM
Contrails / Chemtrails are very peculiar... regular condensation from a plane evaporates momentarily, while these last for a very long time.

I wouldnt recommend eating any snow, anymore... especially the yellow snow. Shame too, my grandma used to make great yellow snow ice cream.

mikey23545
12-01-2005, 10:06 PM
Damn, now it's time for my favorite professional wrestling show...See you guys tomorrow...

KC Jones
12-01-2005, 10:11 PM
This is all just some crazy attempt to mislead people from discovering the truth that the Earth is hollow.

So here's something that's a little more factual and it mentions Nasa and DOE experiments into jet traffic and weather patterns:

http://cimss.ssec.wisc.edu/wxwise/class/contrail.html

It also helps explain how atmospheric conditions can extend the duration of contrails.

To summarize:
contrails = real - the vapor trail that's left from a jet which can even act as a catalyst for cloud formation in the right conditions

chemtrails = not real

people who believe in chem trails and secret gubmint programs to fight off the effects of aliens killing us by changing the Sun = ****ing nutbags that listen to Art Bell.

elvomito
12-01-2005, 10:52 PM
is art bell still on?
the black copters haven't gone away

Taco John
12-02-2005, 12:29 AM
It astonishes me how much that goes on around us that we aren't allowed to discuss without someone accusing you of believing the most outlandish stuff... aliens killing us by changing the Sun? What's that about?

I don't know about any of that. I just know that they go to great lengths during certain times of the year to make certain they get a good even distribution of whatever it is they're spraying... and whatever it is, it doesn't act like vapor.

Bugeater
12-02-2005, 12:47 AM
I've seen those contrails here in Omaha too. I also took this pic last spring, the clouds that morning were in perfectly straight lines as far as I could see in every direction. They almost looked "manufactured".

Bugeater
12-02-2005, 12:55 AM
One more, more close up. Sunshine was visible between every strip.

Earthling
12-02-2005, 01:00 AM
Art Bell rules....What a great way to pass a few quick hours late at night on a long road trip.

Pants
12-02-2005, 01:17 AM
Wow, Bugeater, that 1st pic looks insane when you look towards the horizon... those clouds look to be perfectly parallel. When I looked at that site, I cracked up at the guy's stupidity, but the pics in this thread are centainly peculiar.

4th, you laugh at people who question something strange around them, but what do you think those things are? Why would jets fly in those perfect patterns? Military training?

tk13
12-02-2005, 01:28 AM
I think it's good to question things, but just because it doesn't make sense or seems a little odd doesn't mean it's some kind of huge secret covered up conspiracy. There is some middle ground here.

RedDread
12-02-2005, 01:38 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contrail

Rausch
12-02-2005, 03:06 AM
people who believe in chem trails and secret gubmint programs to fight off the effects of aliens killing us by changing the Sun = ****ing nutbags that listen to Art Bell.

Art Bell/C2C is great entertainment.

About once every 2 weeks you get a certified genius in one field or another and the rest of the time it's split-a-gut-laughing-at-the-nut funny...

OzArK KrAzO
12-02-2005, 04:28 AM
HEHE this is pretty weird and funny at the same time.I'm a hunter and have been so for the last 3 decades.Ive seen all of the above and more.No new news here that i see other than its getting easier to make people freak out.I think its more a case of better cameras to document the odd or freaky stuff.And the internet to push it along.50 years ago that stuff would have been told to your neighbor and then the story died.Now it spreads like wildfire and it only takes a few seconds to get to people.And when i say people i mean mostly the people that want to find a meaning behind everything.haha methane gas is a cloud to mostly farts whats the real meaning behind that? lol J/K GO CHIEFS

redsurfer11
12-02-2005, 05:35 AM
?

Chieficus
12-02-2005, 05:38 AM
I've seen those contrails here in Omaha too. I also took this pic last spring, the clouds that morning were in perfectly straight lines as far as I could see in every direction. They almost looked "manufactured".

Nothing weird at all about those clouds. Simple function of shallow water gravity waves. (Key to meteorology: air acts like a fluid).

KC Jones
12-02-2005, 06:58 AM
It astonishes me how much that goes on around us that we aren't allowed to discuss without someone accusing you of believing the most outlandish stuff... aliens killing us by changing the Sun? What's that about?

I don't know about any of that. I just know that they go to great lengths during certain times of the year to make certain they get a good even distribution of whatever it is they're spraying... and whatever it is, it doesn't act like vapor.

Save your moral indignation. Look through the website in the topic post and you'll find references to the idea that aliens are modifying our Sun to kill us off, but the governments of the world are heroically fighting back by seeding the weather patterns using chemtrails.

It does act like vapor and is explained perfectly well by our current understanding of meterology, chemistry, and physics. The people that generally by into this kind of crap (and it is crap) are people who barely have a high school or bachelors level understanding of science and are incredibly gullible. Pick up a copy of Carl Sagan's "Demon-Haunted World" and it may give you some insight into why people keep coming up with these crazy conspiracy theories. To me it's the same as people who believed the numbers on the backs of street signs were coded instructions to the military for who to detain when the revolution started.

So the question would be why are we seeing the groupings of contrails?
a) Maybe it's part of the DOE and NASA projects to research the effects of jet vapor on cloud formation and modifying weather patterns
b) Maybe since 9/11 we have more Air Force training missions or secret patrols as a part of our Homeland Security operations
c) Maybe since you live in Colorado there are a lot of nearby air bases, and oh - I don't know - this thing called NORAD, plus some companies like Lockheed Martin, Boeing, etc. I know I've seen some crazy shit going on south of 470 that had to be some kind of training mission or experiement.
d) Maybe the Blue Angels were in town and did a freebie by your house when you weren't looking.

Go ahead - jump to the conclusion that we're spraying chemicals from Jets just because you see vapor trails. It's your right to do so. It's my right to laugh at you (not with you). It's not my fault you're dumb and gullible, but if it makes you feel any better I'm trully sorry that you are :evil:

EDIT:
Damn, I really am an asshole before I get a cup of coffee in the morning.

Chieficus
12-02-2005, 07:44 AM
It does act like vapor and is explained perfectly well by our current understanding of meterology, chemistry, and physics. The people that generally by into this kind of crap (and it is crap) are people who barely have a high school or bachelors level understanding of science and are incredibly gullible.

I have a degree in meteorology and I e-mailed that website to some friends who work in the field. We all got a good laugh from that site. There's nothing on that site, nor any pictures on this thread that don't have a basic meteorological explanation. If taco's jets regularly fly in grid-like fromations, that might be interesting to some, but the contrails they leave or don't leave are nothing special.

c) Maybe since you live in Colorado

I thought he lived around seattle... then again, I could be behind the times...

Bugeater
12-02-2005, 08:01 AM
Nothing weird at all about those clouds. Simple function of shallow water gravity waves. (Key to meteorology: air acts like a fluid).

Maybe not to you, but it was to me. No, I don't have a degree in Meteorology, and I'm not going to speculate what it is and isn't, but I've never noticed clouds like that before or since. The pics barely do justice to what I saw that morning, it's hard to get a pic of the entire sky. I e-mailed those pics to a couple of local Meteorologists and to a few various websites and haven't received any explanation for them.

Chieficus
12-02-2005, 08:10 AM
Maybe not to you, but it was to me. No, I don't have a degree in Meteorology, and I'm not going to speculate what it is and isn't, but I've never noticed clouds like that before or since. The pics barely do justice to what I saw that morning, it's hard to get a pic of the entire sky. I e-mailed those pics to a couple of local Meteorologists and to a few various websites and haven't received any explanation for them.

The vast majority of clouds are caused by rising air cooling and condensing. Sinking air warms and expands, and typically the clouds will dissipate. When you get an effect of shallow water gravity waves (can be caused by terrain, variances in pressure systems, other weather patterns, and a variety of other things--imagine having a bathtub filled with a couple of inches of water, and you take a ball and press it down into the water and pull it up, you'll get a wave like pattern which I'm describing), what you end up with is a sinusoidal (up and down, wave like pattern) in the air. As the waves propagate, where you get the upward motion, you have cloud formation, where you get the downward motion, the clouds dissipate. Hence, you get parallel lines with breaks in between.

Archie F. Swin
12-02-2005, 08:17 AM
Taken from my own property:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=49873

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=49874

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=49875

I don't know WHY they do it. I just know THAT they do it, and they don't talk about WHY they do...

That's an air show you asshat!

;)

Brock
12-02-2005, 08:25 AM

Maybe you should ask someone who isn't a crackpot conspiracy theorist what it is.

Are you getting a flu shot this year? Dumbass.

Bugeater
12-02-2005, 08:25 AM
The vast majority of clouds are caused by rising air cooling and condensing. Sinking air warms and expands, and typically the clouds will dissipate. When you get an effect of shallow water gravity waves (can be caused by terrain, variances in pressure systems, other weather patterns, and a variety of other things--imagine having a bathtub filled with a couple of inches of water, and you take a ball and press it down into the water and pull it up, you'll get a wave like pattern which I'm describing), what you end up with is a sinusoidal (up and down, wave like pattern) in the air. As the waves propagate, where you get the upward motion, you have cloud formation, where you get the downward motion, the clouds dissipate. Hence, you get parallel lines with breaks in between.

Ow! You're hurting my brain with some of those words! Nevertheless, it's better than any other explanation I've heard, which is none. Obviously it's something that doesn't happen too often and you have to understand when something unusual like that happens and no one seems to want to talk about it, it allows the mind to wander a bit.

siberian khatru
12-02-2005, 08:36 AM

Science, feh.

patteeu
12-02-2005, 08:57 AM
OMG!! They are fuggin' with the sand too! ROFL

http://www.landenart.com/sand_dunes_silva_2000_400x3.jpg

http://www.ualberta.ca/~earth/photographs/eureka.sand.dunes.jpg

Donger
12-02-2005, 09:01 AM
Wow. Just f*cking wow.

patteeu
12-02-2005, 09:05 AM
And the water:

http://www.galleryoffluidmechanics.com/waves/slicksm.jpg

Bugeater
12-02-2005, 10:16 AM
OMG!! They are fuggin' with the sand too!
And the water:

GO f*ck yourself.

Brock
12-02-2005, 10:20 AM
GO f*ck yourself.

You need to go hide from the sun in your cave, Og.

Bugeater
12-02-2005, 10:24 AM
You need to go hide from the sun in your cave, Og.

What would you say to someone who came on here and mocked you? If someone has an opinion, that's fine, but I'm not going to take that shit from Mr Political.

jcl-kcfan2
12-02-2005, 10:44 AM

Just waves like on an ocean...

Bugeater
12-02-2005, 11:31 AM
Just waves like on an ocean...

Waves in an ocean are a normal everyday occurance. I've only seen clouds like that once in my entire life.

funk monkey
12-02-2005, 11:33 AM
well that says a lot about donk fans...those stupid nubs

Saul Good
12-02-2005, 11:34 AM
The only way to protect yourself from these chemtrails is to fashion a hat out of tinfoil and wear it whenever you leave the house. Of course the government shoots mind control rays into your house, so you'd better wear it inside too.

patteeu
12-02-2005, 11:35 AM
What would you say to someone who came on here and mocked you? If someone has an opinion, that's fine, but I'm not going to take that shit from Mr Political.

This isn't the DC forum, Bug. Out here, I'm Mr. Dumbass Mocker.

To be honest, I didn't pay attention to which dumbass I was mocking and, in fact, I was mocking the concept more than any particular poster, but thanks for raising your hand anyway.

Donger
12-02-2005, 11:37 AM
Waves in an ocean are a normal everyday occurance. I've only seen clouds like that once in my entire life.

Errr, it's been a few years, but I'm relatively sure that those are run-of-the-mill altocumulus clouds.

They're quite common, especially before a cold front.

Saul Good
12-02-2005, 11:41 AM
Errr, it's been a few years, but I'm relatively sure that those are run-of-the-mill altocumulus clouds.

They're quite common, especially before a cold front.

No no. They're chemtrails. We're DOOMED.

Brock
12-02-2005, 11:54 AM
http://ww2010.atmos.uiuc.edu/guides/mtr/cld/cldtyp/mdl/gifs/altcu2.gif

OMGWTF

tiptap
12-02-2005, 11:54 AM
The only way to protect yourself from these chemtrails is to fashion a hat out of tinfoil and wear it whenever you leave the house. Of course the government shoots mind control rays into your house, so you'd better wear it inside too.

MIT study on aluminum foil hats
Earlier this year, MIT engineers conducted an empirical study on the efficacy of aluminum foil helmets to block mind control rays. They've published the detailed results of their experiments online. From the abstract:

Rahimi Helmet Ali2Among a fringe community of paranoids, aluminum helmets serve as the protective measure of choice against invasive radio signals. We investigate the efficacy of three aluminum helmet designs on a sample group of four individuals. Using a $250,000 network analyser, we find that although on average all helmets attenuate invasive radio frequencies in either directions (either emanating from an outside source, or emanating from the cranium of the subject), certain frequencies are in fact greatly amplified. These amplified frequencies coincide with radio bands reserved for government use according to the Federal Communication Commission (FCC). Statistical evidence suggests the use of helmets may in fact enhance the government's invasive abilities. We theorize that the government may in fact have started the helmet craze for this reason.
http://people.csail.mit.edu/rahimi/helmet/

You focus the government control waves you don't block them stupid. You need to wear rubber helmet or hollowed bowling ball or a gold fish bowl still filled with water. Yeah that's the ticket.

Bugeater
12-02-2005, 11:56 AM
No no. They're chemtrails. We're DOOMED.

Damn straight, and I'm well aware of those mind control rays that they try to pass off as the sun.

I took those pics 8 months ago, and have made many attempts to get an explanation about them and no one had given me one up to this point. How stupid of me to not ask about them in a football forum sooner, I had no idea we have so many experts here.

Bugeater
12-02-2005, 11:59 AM
http://ww2010.atmos.uiuc.edu/guides/mtr/cld/cldtyp/mdl/gifs/altcu2.gif

OMGWTF

I'm glad you're having fun with this, but I've seen clouds like that. These were much thicker and in PERFECTLY straight rows.

Rausch
12-02-2005, 12:02 PM
Talked to a guy in the national gaurd while at class and he said some of these trails are due to high atmospheric flights. Had something to do with the thin air and type of fuel.

Anyone know if that sounds right?...

Brock
12-02-2005, 12:08 PM
I'm glad you're having fun with this, but I've seen clouds like that. These were much thicker and in PERFECTLY straight rows.

:bong:

Bugeater
12-02-2005, 12:09 PM
Talked to a guy in the national gaurd while at class and he said some of these trails are due to high atmospheric flights. Had something to do with the thin air and type of fuel.

Anyone know if that sounds right?...

You should have asked him why the flight patterns are so odd, that's what gets people's attention.

Bugeater
12-02-2005, 12:12 PM
:bong:

Like that's a factor. I've been stoned every day of my life since I was 16, and I've only seen that once.

Donger
12-02-2005, 01:34 PM

Here's another shot. This is of stratocumulus. And, no cloud is perfectly straight. Even the picture you posted proves that.

Stratocumulus clouds are gray or whitish. Both the tops and bottoms of these bases are rounded. They can look like waves on the ocean, joined flat cumulus, or a continuous but irregular layer. They can form from spreading out cumulus clouds, or from a stratus layer. The individual cloudlets are wider than two fingers at arm's length. Stratocumulus is most commonly made up of water droplets. Stratocumulus is classified as a low cloud.

Bugeater
12-02-2005, 02:38 PM
Here's another shot. This is of stratocumulus. And, no cloud is perfectly straight. Even the picture you posted proves that.

Stratocumulus clouds are gray or whitish. Both the tops and bottoms of these bases are rounded. They can look like waves on the ocean, joined flat cumulus, or a continuous but irregular layer. They can form from spreading out cumulus clouds, or from a stratus layer. The individual cloudlets are wider than two fingers at arm's length. Stratocumulus is most commonly made up of water droplets. Stratocumulus is classified as a low cloud.

I appreciate that, but I think without seeing what I saw that day live and in person, no one is going to fully grasp the image. There are too many trees around my house plus I lack the proper photography equipment that would be necessary to reproduce it effectively. These clouds weren't straight as in the edges were smooth, they were straight as in solid, equally sized & spaced, parallel lines running north/south from one horizon to the other. My pics are mostly too close up, but if you look out in the distance right above the school you can see the best example of it.

The pics suck, it's hard to describe, but I know darn well if anyone else saw the same thing they'd be saying WTF. I was surprised no one else around here noticed, but I took those pics at 8 AM on a weekday when most people aren't paying attention to the clouds, they're getting their asses to work. By 8:30 the clouds had spread out more like the pic you just posted. I find the chemtrail theory very hard to believe, and if I hadn't saw what I did for myself, I'd probably be laughing at me too. Hell, I am anyway, some of these responses are hilarious.