PDA

View Full Version : I want Indy!

Hoover
12-02-2005, 10:04 AM
From now till the end of the Season Hoover is going to drop down and pray that his Chiefs make the playoffs.

Once we make the Playoffs I want to play Indy. This would ge a great game, and I think we pose the best match up for them.

Warfield and Surtain vs Wayne and Harrison

The Chiefs good run D vs the Edge.

I think we could give them a hell of a run for their money in the Dome.

jynni
12-02-2005, 10:11 AM
It would be sweet to beat them in their own house...

Cormac
12-02-2005, 10:13 AM
How cool would it be just to have the opportunity. Unless our red zone offense goes back to last season's production, I think we'd get beat, but I'd love to see us try. :toast:

Brock
12-02-2005, 10:14 AM
How about we see if the chiefs can even beat Denver first.

foxman
12-02-2005, 10:15 AM
It would be even better if they were 13-3...but I'll take a W in Indi any time.

foxman
12-02-2005, 10:16 AM
How about we see if the chiefs can even beat Denver first.

The words kill joy and wet blanket come to mind.
:cuss:

siberian khatru
12-02-2005, 10:16 AM
That scenario has definite appeal. It's the hard road to the Super Bowl, but considering that nobody would pick us to win, if we offed a 14-2/15-1/16-0 Colts team in their place, with our pathetic playoff history, that would be a monumental victory in the history of this franchise.

Biggest risk/reward out there. Carpe diem.

Ari Chi3fs
12-02-2005, 10:27 AM
I had this vision when Indy was 7-0... going to their house in Divisional game, beating them while they are 16-0 and leaving a sour taste 10 times as sour as they left us in jan 96 and jan 04.

then going to denver to knock them off and then go to Detroit.

Of course this is pie in the sky homerism at its finest, but it was a great vision.

duncan_idaho
12-02-2005, 10:30 AM
I think the Chiefs are the best matchup against Indy, at least in terms of our offense vs. their defense.

The Colts defense is vulnerable to a big, fast back and that can pound their undersized D north-south (Did anyone see what Stephen Jackson was doing to them until Bulger went down?), and the Chiefs passing offense is good enough to keep them from fully committing to the run. Cover 2 defenses' biggest vulnerability always has been tight ends down the seam. Dwight Freeney disappears against elite LTs. The Colts' iinterior players are undersized, with the exception of Corey Simon.

There isn't another team in the AFC that has the Chiefs offensive combination: fast, physical back who can run straight ahead (the Chargers and Broncos' running games are based upon speed and finesse, which is what the Colts' ability to pursue is best suited to top), elite tight end who can make the safeties play back and defend the deep seams, elite left tackle, strong O-line that can knock the Colts' undersized line off the ball and gouge them for 4-5 yards per carry.

This type of offense would also help keep the Colts' offense off the field and give our D plenty of time to rest.

Defensively, we'd have to get after Manning early, as in the Patriots game. Knock him down early, hope he develops a case of the Manning family happy feet, and pray that's enough to slow their offense down and let us get a lead.

Hoover
12-02-2005, 10:38 AM
I think the Chiefs are the best matchup against Indy, at least in terms of our offense vs. their defense.

The Colts defense is vulnerable to a big, fast back and that can pound their undersized D north-south (Did anyone see what Stephen Jackson was doing to them until Bulger went down?), and the Chiefs passing offense is good enough to keep them from fully committing to the run. Cover 2 defenses' biggest vulnerability always has been tight ends down the seam. Dwight Freeney disappears against elite LTs. The Colts' iinterior players are undersized, with the exception of Corey Simon.

There isn't another team in the AFC that has the Chiefs offensive combination: fast, physical back who can run straight ahead (the Chargers and Broncos' running games are based upon speed and finesse, which is what the Colts' ability to pursue is best suited to top), elite tight end who can make the safeties play back and defend the deep seams, elite left tackle, strong O-line that can knock the Colts' undersized line off the ball and gouge them for 4-5 yards per carry.

This type of offense would also help keep the Colts' offense off the field and give our D plenty of time to rest.

Defensively, we'd have to get after Manning early, as in the Patriots game. Knock him down early, hope he develops a case of the Manning family happy feet, and pray that's enough to slow their offense down and let us get a lead.
Bingo!

FringeNC
12-02-2005, 10:39 AM
Now that we are healthy on OL, I don't think they could stop us. Last time we played them, we put up 550 yards, I think.

ptlyon
12-02-2005, 10:57 AM
Like my Mama always used to say, "Be careful what you wish for."

Hoover
12-02-2005, 11:03 AM
Like my Mama always used to say, "Be careful what you wish for."
If wishing to play the best team in the league is wrong, just shot me now.

I know we have to make the playoffs first, and then we would actually have to win a playoff game to even get a shot at them in the Divisional round.

patteeu
12-02-2005, 11:15 AM
It would be perfect if we ended up playing them in their first playoff game so we could return the favor they've done for us twice in the past decade. The only problem with that is it would probably require us to be a wildcard, and I'm still holding out hope that we can overtake the Broncos for the division championship.

DaFace
12-02-2005, 11:34 AM
It's amazing how much our attitudes fluctuate. Two weeks ago we were wondering if we could win ANY of our final six games, and now we're talking about beating the undefeated team. Crazy.

I'm not saying it can't happen - I'm pretty optimistic myself. It's just interesting how much of a swing can happen in two games!

ChiefsfaninPA
12-02-2005, 11:40 AM
It's amazing how much our attitudes fluctuate. Two weeks ago we were wondering if we could win ANY of our final six games, and now we're talking about beating the undefeated team. Crazy.

I'm not saying it can't happen - I'm pretty optimistic myself. It's just interesting how much of a swing can happen in two games!

It seems like that is what happens around here when we start winning. A few weeks ago a lot of people seemed ready to jump ship. It is true, winning cures everything.

Though I do believe that we could beat the Colts.

dirk digler
12-02-2005, 11:42 AM
Let's beat the Donkey's first and then start thinking about the playoffs.

StcChief
12-02-2005, 11:47 AM
Nice analysis. Lots of truth in it. Jackson similar to LJ.
How about lets cross that bridge when we get there.

Beat Dungver first.

Figure out how to beat Dallas......

nice to think we have a legit shot to beat them in Indy. if we could get there.

kregger
12-02-2005, 11:47 AM
Donks of different colors, who cares? Just win and things will fall in place. We are gonna knock the shit out of Denver and leave 'em limping for their final 4 games.

Mile High Mania
12-02-2005, 11:49 AM
I would love nothing more than to see KC play @ Indy... as long as Denver is hosting a game that weekend. :)

foxman
12-02-2005, 11:52 AM
I would love nothing more than to see KC play @ Indy... as long as Denver is hosting a game that weekend. :)

Donkey (in my best shrek voice) your going down!

StcChief
12-02-2005, 11:53 AM

Yeah a Dungver loss at home to Cincy.

AFC Championship would be Chiefs in Cincy.....

I like our chances then.

foxman
12-02-2005, 11:54 AM
One more thing before I get back to work Donky.....

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y221/rcdfox/scoreboard.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

yeah it's still that damn funny! ROFL

siberian khatru
12-02-2005, 11:55 AM

Oh, I'm still not optimistic. I still could see us losing out the rest of the year.

BUT ... IF we make the playoffs, we will have had to have beaten several good teams down the stretch. There's really no way we can back into the postseason. We're going to have to go out and beat at least 3, and probably 4, playoff-caliber teams to get there. If we do that, then yes, I will be optimistic about our chances. Because we will have finally demonstrated that we can play at a consistent high level against quality competition.

kc1977
12-02-2005, 11:56 AM
From now till the end of the Season Hoover is going to drop down and pray that his Chiefs make the playoffs.

Once we make the Playoffs I want to play Indy. This would ge a great game, and I think we pose the best match up for them.

Warfield and Surtain vs Wayne and Harrison

The Chiefs good run D vs the Edge.

I think we could give them a hell of a run for their money in the Dome.

Either way, win or lose at Indy, we'll have had to do something we haven't done in 12 years - win a playoff game!

ChiefsCountry
12-02-2005, 12:16 PM
The sweetest playoff victory trail ever would be this:

W at New England
W at Indianapolis
W at Denver

BigMeatballDave
12-02-2005, 12:22 PM
I've been thinking about this, too. It would be sweet. However, my dream play-off scenario would be to clock the Donkeys in their place...

funk monkey
12-02-2005, 12:38 PM
I would like to beat indy too....that year we went 9-0 and lost playoffs to indy make me want to kill every single one of them. WE HAVE TO BEAT THEM

siberian khatru
12-02-2005, 12:40 PM
I've been thinking about this, too. It would be sweet. However, my dream play-off scenario would be to clock the Donkeys in their place...

Shades of 1969.