PDA

View Full Version : LJ says KC fans "don't get" him...

CanadaKC
12-02-2005, 01:08 PM
On Jim Rome today...I didn't hear all of it...can anyone clarify?

BigMeatballDave
12-02-2005, 01:11 PM
I don't get the thing he does with his hands after he scores, though...

Infidel Goat
12-02-2005, 01:12 PM

Isn't it an "L" "J"?

If not, I'm also clueless.

--Infidel Goat

Demonpenz
12-02-2005, 01:13 PM
damnit we've been over this a million times. HE has a contract with rockafella clothing with Jay-z and to be gangsta he threws up the sybol damnit pay the **** attention

Cochise
12-02-2005, 01:13 PM
After the way he was treated by 95% of the fans after he was drafted I don't blame him.

I think he just needs to understand how fans are. They love having someone to hate, but they also have a very short memory.

KChiefsQT
12-02-2005, 01:14 PM
Nahhh... he's holding up the roca.

Stinger
Shouldn't we sticky this question it only gets asked 3 times every week.

Mr. Laz
what the heck is there to "get"

seems like he fits in with the rest of the new breed in the nfl. :shrug:

Demonpenz
12-02-2005, 01:15 PM
larry wants to be gangsta and chace tail in like miami or something. We need tech nine to shoot a slug in his ass so he see we get down too.

Dunit35
12-02-2005, 01:16 PM
I wonder if hes T.O's cousin. But its ok if we dont "get" him especially if he continues to play like he has been.

NewChief
12-02-2005, 01:16 PM
After the way he was treated by 95% of the fans after he was drafted I don't blame him.

I think he just needs to understand how fans are. They love having someone to hate, but they also have a very short memory.

Exactly. The problem is that LJ can't stop reminding the fans how much they dislike(d) him. Do you hear Trent crying about how all the fans and media called him TrInt? Do you hear Bartee, Dexter, or Warfield griping about the way fans hate them. I realize that those guys earned ire through on field performance, but still...the fans were absolutely brutal to Trent, but he's not constantly whining about it now.

LJ needs to just chill out and ignore the haters. I sat by his family at the NE game, and I almost told them as much. I was just going to say, "Tell LJ to ignore the haters. This town will love him if he keeps performing."

Brock
12-02-2005, 01:18 PM
He's just another dumbass jock who has been catered to all of his life. What is there to get?

I really don't give a crap what he thinks of the fans.

Stinger
12-02-2005, 01:19 PM
Exactly. The problem is that LJ can't stop reminding the fans how much they dislike(d) him. Do you hear Trent crying about how all the fans and media called him TrInt? Do you hear Bartee, Dexter, or Warfield griping about the way fans hate them. I realize that those guys earned ire through on field performance, but still...the fans were absolutely brutal to Trent, but he's not constantly whining about it now.

LJ needs to just chill out and ignore the haters. I sat by his family at the NE game, and I almost told them as much. I was just going to say, "Tell LJ to ignore the haters. This town will love him if he keeps performing."

Hey if that what gets him to run mad and keeps plowing people over and gaining 5 yards per carrie ......... LJ keep thinking that you !@#$#@!!! :cuss:

:D

ChiefsOne
12-02-2005, 01:20 PM
He's gonna shaft us when his contract is up!

ChiefsFire
12-02-2005, 01:20 PM
got part of his quotes on Rome,duty called and wasnt able to hear the end.

do I even wanna ask what Romes "take" was on it?

SLAG
12-02-2005, 01:21 PM
Shouldn't we sticky this question it only gets asked 3 times every week.

Along with why he is called Grand-Ma-Ma

ROFL

Brock
12-02-2005, 01:21 PM

Yeah.....right.

CanadaKC
12-02-2005, 01:24 PM
He may not think we "get" him...but he's going to have to wise up and understand thhat Chief fans "get" football...among the most knowledgeable and loyal fans in the league...cut the "me" crap and play for the team...don't go down TO's road.

ChiefsfaninPA
12-02-2005, 01:25 PM

He is actually giving a shout out to me, Chiefsfaninpa for holding it down for him while he is keeping it gangsta out there in KC.

dtebbe
12-02-2005, 01:25 PM
larry wants to be gangsta and chace tail in like miami or something. We need tech nine to shoot a slug in his ass so he see we get down too.
ROFL

Cave Johnson
12-02-2005, 01:26 PM
He's just another dumbass jock who has been catered to all of his life. What is there to get?

This jives with what I know about the guy. My good friend, who was an All City running back in St. Louis, attended a summer football camp with LJ. Apparently the coaches were slurping him constantly.

Rausch
12-02-2005, 01:27 PM

:)

way2kalm
12-02-2005, 01:33 PM

You just described 99.9% of all professional atheletes and up and comming professional atheletes. I can't tell you what the hell he wants from us but he needs to cool out for a little while and keep those comments to his self before he talks his way out of this town and into somewhere like Arizona or Detroit.

If he thinks the fans are brutal here, try playing in NY, Chicago, or some other city with a larger media and fan base. One slap across a girl friends face in cities of those magnitudes, and he'll wish he was back in KC.

All Larry has to do is keep playing well and keep his hands off of his "ladies", and he will have the whole town catering to his every beck and call.

Carlota69
12-02-2005, 01:33 PM
:)

It looks very close to the sign of the vagina, doesn't it?

Rausch
12-02-2005, 01:35 PM

Indeed.

In fact, it is. :hmmm:

Dunit35
12-02-2005, 01:36 PM
You just described 99.9% of all professional atheletes and up and comming professional atheletes. I can't tell you what the hell he wants from us but he needs to cool out for a little while and keep those comments to his self before he talks his way out of this town and into somewhere like Arizona or Detroit.

If he thinks the fans are brutal here, try playing in NY, Chicago, or some other city with a larger media and fan base. One slap across a girl friends face in cities of those magnitudes, and he'll wish he was back in KC.

All Larry has to do is keep playing well and keep his hands off of his "ladies", and he will have the whole town catering to his every beck and call.

Yeah hed be begging to come back to us. There is no way bigger media citys would take his lady beatings.

Carlota69
12-02-2005, 01:38 PM
Indeed.

In fact, it is. :hmmm:

Maybe he's thinking of scoring pussy everytime he scores a touchdown. Maybe its a metaphor for him... :hmmm:

brent102fire
12-02-2005, 01:42 PM
I just heard Rome talking about it...I didn't hear who LJ said it to. But the jist of it was that LJ doesn't like Kansas City. He doesn't like the City, itself. He said he likes his teammates and likes the Chiefs Organization. There was also something mentioned about age in regards to how Kansas City is not a good town for him. Someone called in and started talking about the Plaza/Westport. Then, Rome said he has received hundereds of emails ripping LJ and his domestic violence issues... :shrug: :loser:

sedated
12-02-2005, 01:42 PM
It has little to do with the fans - he knows how rabid we are for our sports heroes, ie DT, Priest, GBrett, etc, etc, etc.

He said in the KC Star that everyone here is old and conservative.

He wants to go to NY or ATL or someplace with a nightlife.

brent102fire
12-02-2005, 01:46 PM
He should be concerned with nightlife/booze/women after the season is over. Maybe he should buy a house in LA, NY and Miami for the offseason... :hmmm:

Kclee
12-02-2005, 01:51 PM
He wants to go to NY or ATL or someplace with a nightlife.

Yep. I think he's gone after his contract is up.

Elwaysux
12-02-2005, 01:54 PM
The Philly press's take on LJ coming out of Penn State was that he was all about himself. At the Heisman Awards he was the only prick who wouldn't take questions and directed everything to his agent. Reality is we need to take what we can on the field from him because off the field he will be a pain in the a#@. I'm sure he will screw us come contract time.

StcChief
12-02-2005, 01:57 PM
Just play and help Win LJ that's it.
Stay out of jail.

Braincase
12-02-2005, 01:57 PM

We'll trade him for picks. Us mid-west folks just aren't sophisticated enough. We're too country...

Brock
12-02-2005, 02:06 PM

In 2009.

morphius
12-02-2005, 02:10 PM
Jim took a quote that we all talked about MONTHS ago and is just now getting to it. I believe this was in the interview that talks about him going to Vegas a lot because he likes it there, and has him walking around to some local places with Dante, blah, blah, blah. Hell, this was before the Oakland game where he scored the 1 yard TD to win it and was talking how great it was driving down his street in KC and seeing all the signs and everything thanking him for the win. Throw in some playing time and some air time and he is just as happy as any young single player can be here...

chagrin
12-02-2005, 02:12 PM

smells like one too

Baby Lee
12-02-2005, 02:14 PM
Dude just needs to dip his wick in something cornfed.

chagrin
12-02-2005, 02:14 PM
I just heard Rome talking about it...I didn't hear who LJ said it to. But the jist of it was that LJ doesn't like Kansas City. He doesn't like the City, itself.

What, he's Harvey Williams all of the sudden?

Otter
12-02-2005, 02:17 PM
I seen another player doing it on NFL Primetime Hightlights, can't remember who it was so I don't think it's an "LJ Thing".

If I had to guess it prolly means somthing like (nfl) player power but I honestly have no freakin' clue.

JakeT
12-02-2005, 02:22 PM
We'll trade him for picks. Us mid-west folks just aren't sophisticated enough. We're too country...

There's the winner. LJ may change but for now he is a punk and I hope the Chiefs DON'T plan on building the franchise around him. My guess is the way he runs and the way he wants to party -- without change he will have a relatively short NFL career.

Here's to hoping the Chiefs can get some mileage out of him and make a blockbuster trade to get rid of him before he declines.

PS - Larry if your reading this get pissed and run hard against the Donkeys.

memyselfI
12-02-2005, 02:23 PM
Apparently he said he doesn't like KC because it is 'old and George Bush supporters.'

ROFL

Brock
12-02-2005, 02:24 PM
Apparently he said he doesn't like KC because it is 'old and George Bush supporters.'

ROFL

Hopefully you'll be the next broad he pistol-whips.

Wile_E_Coyote
12-02-2005, 02:27 PM
a heavly tattooed black man living among Johnson County's rich & rose smelly poo....hehehe

Kclee
12-02-2005, 02:28 PM
In 2009.

I get what you're saying.

But also, isn't the last year of his contract voidable?

vailpass
12-02-2005, 02:29 PM

:clap:

ChiefsFan4Life
12-02-2005, 02:30 PM
I "don't get" how he "doesn't get" that we "don't get" him sometimes.

Jim Jones
12-02-2005, 02:31 PM
I keep getting the feeling from LJ that he really doesn't like it here and is going to leave whenever he can.

chagrin
12-02-2005, 02:31 PM
:clap:

Beat me to it

dirk digler
12-02-2005, 02:35 PM
The thing that LJ has to remember is that Chiefs pretty much own his ass until 2009 and then we can franchise him until he retires.

Brock
12-02-2005, 02:35 PM
I keep getting the feeling from LJ that he really doesn't like it here and is going to leave whenever he can.

LJ has no choice in the matter.

brent102fire
12-02-2005, 02:39 PM
LJ said he learned alot from Priest. Apparently, it wasn't how to conduct himself off the field... :shake:

Carlota69
12-02-2005, 02:39 PM
I "don't get" how he "doesn't get" that we "don't get" him sometimes.

ROFL I love your Jordan Black sig...funny!

chiefz
12-02-2005, 02:48 PM
Yet another reason I think Jim Rome is a complete douche, here is the real story.

-- Chiefs running back Larry Johnson, who has racked up four straight 100-yard rushing performances, is thrilled with his workload in Kansas City, but he's not so thrilled with the town. The former Penn State star said he doesn't feel comfortable with the people there, that they don't accept his personality, his tattoos or the way he dresses.

"I love this team," he said. "I love my teammates. I'm just very uncomfortable with the people here and the way they see me and the way they sometimes treat me. It has nothing to do with football. It has to do with when I'm out on the town." Of the KC citizenry, he said: "Everybody's old. It's like the Bush Republican crowd."

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/news/colu...ts/13308224.htm (http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/news/columnists/13308224.htm)

Taco John
12-02-2005, 02:49 PM
LJ is trapped in KC whether he likes it or not. He's going to have to make a huge scene if he expects to ever get out.

Taco John
12-02-2005, 02:49 PM
Of the KC citizenry, he said: "Everybody's old. It's like the Bush Republican crowd."

ROFL

What a bunch of squares!

Bob Dole
12-02-2005, 03:23 PM

ROFL

So he declined your invitation to join the sleeper cell?

philfree
12-02-2005, 03:30 PM
I don't know what larry expects from people/fans. I think Larry has it backwards and it's he that doesn't get us Midwesterners. He seems almost paranoid. No matter just as long as he stays pissed and run mad I'm for it.

PhilFree:arrow:

the Talking Can
12-02-2005, 03:31 PM

yeah, they forgot about him beating up his girlfriend...for instance...

HC_Chief
12-02-2005, 03:31 PM
LJ uses anger to motivate himself. He manufactures it to stay sharp. He'll talk shit, whip the media and fans into a frenzy, so that they'll denegrate him. He will then use their animous to get him fired up.

Notice how all the commentators say he appears to run "angry"? It is because he <i>is</i>. He takes out his aggression on the field.

We would be stupid to get rid of him for that. I guarantee that would motivate him..... especially when he came back to play us.

Now we need a WR with the same intensity. :D

patteeu
12-02-2005, 03:32 PM

ROFL

I did hear him say it was too "conservative" around here when he was interviewed a week or two ago on local talk radio. But I think he was talking more about the general culture rather than politics. He didn't like the reactions he gets when he speaks his mind in interviews. He sounds like he has quite a chip on his shoulder. I didn't feel this way about John Tait, but I'm buying into the theory that LJ will leave KC if he becomes a free agent. Of course, he might actually be worth the franchise tag (if it still exists) where Tait was not.

*edit* I didn't realize his contract ran through 2009. If that's true, that's pretty good news for the franchise. He ought to be about used up by then and he can be discarded without to much separation anxiety on the part of Chiefs fans. :p */edit*

Pitt Gorilla
12-02-2005, 03:32 PM
He may not think we "get" him...but he's going to have to wise up and understand thhat Chief fans "get" football...among the most knowledgeable and loyal fans in the league...cut the "me" crap and play for the team...don't go down TO's road.
Since when? Many Chiefs fans don't understand the game. People still whine when we play our CBs off the receivers (even though we close for minimal gains.) People don't understand how we disguise the blitz. "Fans" certainly didn't (don't) seem to understand that a QB's pass will be intercepted if the WR doesn't run the correct route. How about the idiots that wanted to cut Mitchell and Tynes in the offseason?

patteeu
12-02-2005, 03:33 PM
yeah, they forgot about him beating up his girlfriend...for instance...

They all ask for it from time to time, don't they?

philfree
12-02-2005, 03:37 PM
I'm curious. Just what did the fans do---I mean how did they treat Larry? All I have seen is 76,000 people cheering him on everytime he touches the ball.

Bill Lundberg
12-02-2005, 03:40 PM
I think those of you who are talking about him fulfilling this contract are in for a rude awakening. He's already hired a new agent and I bet anything he holds out for a new contract next year. Especially if Priest is done.

Pitt Gorilla
12-02-2005, 03:41 PM
I think those of you who are talking about him fulfilling this contract are in for a rude awakening. He's already hired a new agent and I bet anything he holds out for a new contract next year. Especially if Priest is done.You think he would hold out for 3 years? Heck, we'd throw some cash at Gado before we'd redo his deal, IMO.

philfree
12-02-2005, 03:41 PM
It's pretty simple really. We run LJ for this year and next and then when trade him off for a top 10 draft pick. If he keeps doing what he's doing he should bring that.

Brock
12-02-2005, 03:43 PM
It's pretty simple really. We run LJ for this year and next and then when trade him off for a top 10 draft pick. If he keeps doing what he's doing he should bring that.

Yeah! I mean it's not like any team could have traded for Shaun Alexander or Edgerrin James last offseason.

chagrin
12-02-2005, 03:55 PM
I just hope he doesn't go Jamal Lewis on us and flat out quit

Amendment:

I guess I didn't realize how "broad" this statement looked. The way I meant it was that when it comes to contract resigning (2008) I hope he has either dealt with his issues or will have been in discussions for a new deal with KC or a trade to another. Jamal is looking really bad this year, and it's obvious he isn't giving it his all.

beavis
12-02-2005, 03:55 PM
He should get to know the term "franchise tag" very well.

chiefz
12-02-2005, 04:00 PM
One of the guys over at my site wrote this up a little while ago and I had to share, I just about shot coffee out of my nose when I read it. ROFL

Local authorities were called to a cracker barrel in the downtown area today for a peace disturbance. Upon arriving at the scene they observed former penn state standout and current Kansas City Chiefs star running back Larry Johnson mowing down the elderly in the buffet line. Several old bigoted republicans were reported injured. One old bastard who was an eye witness had this to report. " He's a crazy man. He was covered in tattoos and kept repeating the phrase"I'M REPRESENTIN MUTHA F**KA". It was terrifying. Onlookers were reported to say "f**k em it's just a bunch of old people! GO CHIEFS!"

htismaqe
12-02-2005, 04:55 PM
ROFL

What a laughable crock of shit.

Rome was commenting on a story in a Philly paper, which, get this -- REPRINTED ELIZABETH MERRILL'S STORY WE'VE ALREADY DISCUSSED AD NAUSEUM.

This isn't new news, but the reaction around here isn't surprising.

htismaqe
12-02-2005, 04:56 PM
I just heard Rome talking about it...I didn't hear who LJ said it to. But the jist of it was that LJ doesn't like Kansas City. He doesn't like the City, itself. He said he likes his teammates and likes the Chiefs Organization. There was also something mentioned about age in regards to how Kansas City is not a good town for him. Someone called in and started talking about the Plaza/Westport. Then, Rome said he has received hundereds of emails ripping LJ and his domestic violence issues... :shrug: :loser:

LJ said it to Elizabeth Merrill and it appeared in the Star A LONG TIME AGO.

If you had bothered to read it, you'd know that Larry did NOT say he doesn't like the city itself.

htismaqe
12-02-2005, 04:57 PM

Did Trent or Bartee ever receive a letter in the mail that said "you better not come to North KC or I'll..."?

memyselfI
12-02-2005, 04:57 PM
Of the KC citizenry, he said: "Everybody's old. It's like the Bush Republican crowd."

ROFL

What a bunch of squares!

Yeah, that is the quote they were reporting on 610 this afternoon. Of course he could have avoided any controversy by simply adding 'not that there is anything wrong with it.' ROFL

Move over Trent Green, I might have a new favorite Chief. LOL

vailpass
12-02-2005, 04:59 PM
LJ just tryin' to get a foot up in dat ass
a.k.a. Society. And whas da best way to get in dat ass? When its all greasy from dancin or somethin...
Booty Juice, Booty Juice.

htismaqe
12-02-2005, 04:59 PM
Yeah, that is the quote they were reporting on 610 this afternoon. Of course he could have avoided any controversy by simply adding 'not that there is anything wrong with it.' ROFL

Move over Trent Green, I might have a new favorite Chief. LOL

Larry Johnson CANNOT avoid controversy. He could say "KC is the best city on earth" and certain fans would say he's an ass and a cancer for saying it.

Johnson has a problem with certain idiot fans that like to send him threatening letters. I can see why, there's alot of idiots that call themselves Chief fans...

stevieray
12-02-2005, 05:00 PM

I might have a new favorite Chief. LOL

And just like Gannon, not because of football, but to be a vehichle for personal vendettas.

It's uncanny.

memyselfI
12-02-2005, 05:02 PM
Larry Johnson CANNOT avoid controversy. He could say "KC is the best city on earth" and certain fans would say he's an ass and a cancer for saying it.

Johnson has a problem with certain idiot fans that like to send him threatening letters. I can see why, there's alot of idiots that call themselves Chief fans...

I actually agree with something you've said.

Ok, who are you and what have you done with htismaqe?

BigRedChief
12-02-2005, 05:08 PM
His last year is voidable by either side. 2008 is his last year here. King Carl will slap the franchise tag on him he will hold out and a trade will happen. Or the new coach will come in and make him feel like he's king of the world.

A Chiefs player dissing the city of KC and its people is not good no matter how many yards he gains on a Sunday.

Saulbadguy
12-02-2005, 05:10 PM
Why the hell would anyone take the time to write a threatening letter to a football player?

HC_Chief
12-02-2005, 05:12 PM
Why the hell would anyone take the time to write a threatening letter to a football player?

Their retarted

[SIC]

:D

memyselfI
12-02-2005, 05:15 PM
His last year is voidable by either side. 2008 is his last year here. King Carl will slap the franchise tag on him he will hold out and a trade will happen. Or the new coach will come in and make him feel like he's king of the world.

A Chiefs player dissing the city of KC and its people is not good no matter how many yards he gains on a Sunday.

Well, if he said something that isn't true I can see where people might be up in arms. But apparently he lives in SOJOCO and there are predominately people aged 35+ and Republican in the area. If people in the area are not familiar with the guy and he's frequenting bars or restaurants where folks might not know he's an NFL player they may instead think he's a pimp or gang member or something. Thus, he might be exposed to some 'tude' that you or I or even people of color who are less flamboyant in appearance may not be exposed to. Thus, while I think he's being foolish to paint the entire city with a broad bush, he is not saying anything particularly disparaging about the city.

Saulbadguy
12-02-2005, 05:16 PM
Oh, great.

Wile_E_Coyote
12-02-2005, 05:18 PM
LJ has been described as an artist, as a hobbie outside of football. This attitude kind of fits the stereotype of a young artist

htismaqe
12-02-2005, 05:23 PM

A Chiefs fan sending letters to a player threatening them with physical harm is not good no matter how much he spends on tickets and merchandise.

Raiderhader
12-02-2005, 05:28 PM

Another quote for the quote thread.

FringeNC
12-02-2005, 05:43 PM
Well, if he said something that isn't true I can see where people might be up in arms. But apparently he lives in SOJOCO and there are predominately people aged 35+ and Republican in the area. If people in the area are not familiar with the guy and he's frequenting bars or restaurants where folks might not know he's an NFL player they may instead think he's a pimp or gang member or something. Thus, he might be exposed to some 'tude' that you or I or even people of color who are less flamboyant in appearance may not be exposed to. Thus, while I think he's being foolish to paint the entire city with a broad bush, he is not saying anything particularly disparaging about the city.

If indeed he lives in SOJOCO, and is complaining about it's conservative attitude and lack of nightlife, he could, ya know, move into the city or something.

Regardless, we have him for the next few seasons, the prime of his career, so there is not much to worry about. The same fans that think one loss is the end of the world sit around worrying about whether Johnson will be here in 2009. It's weird. Whether LJ likes Kansas City or not, he's going to be pounding some Bronco ass on Sunday.

Mr. Laz
12-02-2005, 05:46 PM

htismaqe in a nutshell

Bob Dole
12-02-2005, 05:47 PM
Bob Dole thinks Lawrence is simply misunderstood.

RedNFeisty
12-02-2005, 05:54 PM
I am starting to think LJ is a whiny bitch.

memyselfI
12-02-2005, 06:00 PM
If indeed he lives in SOJOCO, and is complaining about it's conservative attitude and lack of nightlife, he could, ya know, move into the city or something.

Agreed. I don't know this for a fact. Rather, I'm repeating what they were discussing this afternoon on 610. He is living in the WRONG part of the city if he wants diversity of color, politics, or ages.

chiefsfan1963
12-02-2005, 06:46 PM
Let's not blow this out of proportion! LJ didn't say jack!!!!!!!!

Just support LJ and keep the drama out! In time all this bad blood will blow over, and we will have a quality back for years to come. It doesn't matter whose fault it is, LJ is producing so let's give him our support!

The best way we can support LJ is to show him we want him here and give him props even if he has has a bad game! That will go a long way in repairing all this crap!

Everyone needs to stop being so sensitive put their egos to the side and focus on the potential here. LJ could be as good or better than Priest in the years to come.

Before you open your mouth think of the end in mind! Don't put fuel to the fire!

KC Jones
12-02-2005, 06:51 PM
eh - I'm not reading all the crap in this thread but I think I get LJ just fine. He's another prima dona athlete who thinks he's so damn pimp. Reminds me a lot of Greg Hill. Do I like him? no. Do I like the way he runs the football? Hell yeah!

Bob Dole
12-02-2005, 07:27 PM
Lawrence will be an outstanding member of the Kansas City community for years to come.

mcan
12-02-2005, 07:41 PM
I think those of you who are talking about him fulfilling this contract are in for a rude awakening. He's already hired a new agent and I bet anything he holds out for a new contract next year. Especially if Priest is done.

Chances are this guy will be a probowler for the next few years if he gets all the carries. If that's the case, then the final 2 or 3 years on his contract are probalby voidable. If he holds out next year, and we rework his deal, we will actually spend a lot less on him than we would if he was able to void his deal, and hit free agency...

Chiefs Pantalones
12-02-2005, 08:16 PM
My friend works for the sports store where LJ got all of his throwback jersies that he has on and in his car. He said LJ and other Chiefs players come in there a lot, and LJ would come in with a different girl every time he saw him. Therefore, I don't know why he's complaining about that there's nothing to do in KC, he seems to be finding some booty just fine. Maybe it's the quality of booty in KC? hmmm...

beer bacon
12-02-2005, 08:18 PM
My friend works for the sports store where LJ got all of his throwback jersies that he has on and in his car. He said LJ and other Chiefs players come in there a lot, and LJ would come in with a different girl every time he saw him. Therefore, I don't know why he's complaining about that there's nothing to do in KC, he seems to be finding some booty just fine. Maybe it's the quality of booty in KC? hmmm...

He actually has to fly it in from Miami.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-02-2005, 08:22 PM
He actually has to fly it in from Miami.

ROFL

He did mention that LJ is a nice guy. He's very soft spoken and doesn't act like an ass or nothing. He was nice to him at least.

BTW, I would like to know who these fans are that keep sending him threatning mail. They don't even know LJ the person, and they do this crap? Mail is a coward act in itself, go up and tell the guy how you feel.

htismaqe
12-02-2005, 08:37 PM
eh - I'm not reading all the crap in this thread but I think I get LJ just fine. He's another prima dona athlete who thinks he's so damn pimp. Reminds me a lot of Greg Hill. Do I like him? no. Do I like the way he runs the football? Hell yeah!

Exactly why he said what he said about KC fans.

Don't bother becoming informed about what was said, just call him names, that always works.

Ignorance is bliss.

Wile_E_Coyote
12-02-2005, 08:39 PM
ROFL

He did mention that LJ is a nice guy. He's very soft spoken and doesn't act like an ass or nothing. He was nice to him at least.

BTW, I would like to know who these fans are that keep sending him threatning mail. They don't even know LJ the person, and they do this crap? Mail is a coward act in itself, go up and tell the guy how you feel.

he must be %^$#ing their bitches

Brando
12-02-2005, 08:55 PM
This is all Phil's fault. LJ was at the CP meet and greet to autograph pics with Christian Okoye and Phil didn't bother to take the pillowcase off before asking for and autograph.

philfree
12-02-2005, 10:42 PM
Yeah! I mean it's not like any team could have traded for Shaun Alexander or Edgerrin James last offseason.

Yeah I know but this year there were lots of good/very good RBs in the draft. Seems that right now the league is full of good RBs. In two years that might not be the case. Then again the RB market could be the same as was this past offseason. If that's the case Larry might be greatly disapointed. I would just as soon have him grow up and decide that maybe he's got it pretty good in KC. One other thing to is that if he gets injured to where he can't play in the NFL all his dreams of his own clothing line and a big city Gangsta image are gone.

PhilFree:arrow

Halfcan
12-03-2005, 12:17 AM
Dump Pampers Johnson for whoever will give us a first rounder. He has a big mouth and is f#ckin all the sluts in KC. Damm save some for a brother, brother.

Der Flöprer
12-03-2005, 12:24 AM

1 word. Franchise. Year after year after year after year after year. If that's what it takes. I don't give a f*ck if he likes being here. F*ck free agency, and f*ck this whiny ass bullshit. Suck it up soldier. You're ridin with the Chiefs.

Halfcan
12-03-2005, 12:26 AM
No wonder Dick said to take off the diapers-he is a freakin crybaby.

Mojo Rising
12-03-2005, 12:55 AM
1 word. Franchise. Year after year after year after year after year. If that's what it takes. I don't give a f*ck if he likes being here. F*ck free agency, and f*ck this whiny ass bullshit. Suck it up soldier. You're ridin with the Chiefs.

Exactly. RB's shelf life are short. Especially with his running style. He has had the advantage of saving himself behind Priest for a couple of years though. Franchise him for 2 years and then worry about it.

DV did mis-handle his joining the team. I think that has a huge part in this. I get a kick out of when they hug on the sideline. They can't really like each other.

I also think he is getting a raw deal with his current court case. If there are no witnesses they need to drop it.

If we don't keep him he will haunt us like Allen haunted Al Davis.

BigMeatballDave
12-03-2005, 03:37 AM
damnit we've been over this a million times. HE has a contract with rockafella clothing with Jay-z and to be gangsta he threws up the sybol damnit pay the **** attentionGotcha. Thanks...

Ultra Peanut
12-03-2005, 03:39 AM
I always thought it'd be hilarious if Microsoft ended up taking over the United States and changing the currency to the Microsoft Dollar - or the M$. And all the Slashdot nuts in the re-education camps would look back on that once hilarious stroke of brilliance and start crying as their testicles are stomped upon by Steve Ballmerbots.

I don't know why I just wrote that.

htismaqe
12-03-2005, 02:19 PM
Dump Pampers Johnson for whoever will give us a first rounder. He has a big mouth and is f#ckin all the sluts in KC. Damm save some for a brother, brother.

Well, we know one person who's sending him the letters.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-03-2005, 02:51 PM
Well, we know one person who's sending him the letters.

I think sending letters is stupid.

He's not hard to find, I hear. Neither is a lot of other Chiefs players. Hell, Dante Hall (though he's not hated) and others go around town like they're average everyday 9-5 guys. I've seen Dante and lots of players at the mall shopping MULTIPLE times. And not once have I seen any of them turn down fans that come up to them and ask for autographs. Most of the people, though, respect their privacy and just look at them for like 10 seconds and go on their way.

jspchief
12-03-2005, 04:21 PM
A Chiefs fan sending letters to a player threatening them with physical harm is not good no matter how much he spends on tickets and merchandise.Why would a Chiefs fan threaten a player that has done nothing but perform. Assuming he has even gotten such letters, there's no way in hell they came from Chiefs fans. Don't be dense.

htismaqe
12-03-2005, 05:33 PM
Why would a Chiefs fan threaten a player that has done nothing but perform. Assuming he has even gotten such letters, there's no way in hell they came from Chiefs fans. Don't be dense.

Have you read some of the comments from people on this very board?

1) A great many people didn't want to pick Johnson in the 1st place.

2) A great many people don't like him because he's not a good little soldier.

Knowing what I know about alot of Chief fans, I have NO DOUBT a fan sent the letters. There's many people in KC that would rather have a team full of good people than good players.

jspchief
12-03-2005, 08:01 PM
Have you read some of the comments from people on this very board?

1) A great many people didn't want to pick Johnson in the 1st place.

2) A great many people don't like him because he's not a good little soldier.

Knowing what I know about alot of Chief fans, I have NO DOUBT a fan sent the letters. There's many people in KC that would rather have a team full of good people than good players.Yes. I've read the comments. And I'm sure there are people saying even worse things.

I still don't believe a Chiefs fan would threaten bodily harm to a perfectly productive player. There's a big disparity between "I think he's an asshole" and "I want to bust him in the knee caps and will go to the trouble of actually threatening him".

It makes no sense to threaten him or wish him harm. How could anyone that roots for the Chiefs not want him healthy?