PDA

View Full Version : Sky rockets in flight...afternoon delight!

Douche Baggins
12-02-2005, 01:12 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4491476.stm

Police have condemned youths in Glasgow who killed a hamster by tying it to a firework and setting it off.

Officers believe the incident happened in the Possilpark area of the city recently and it was recorded on a video phone.

A spokeswoman for Strathclyde Police said it had launched a search for those responsible to the "horrific" attack.

The Scottish Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals said such crimes must be taken seriously.

The police spokeswoman said: "We are aware of this horrific crime and inquiries are ongoing to determine the person and persons responsible."

The SSPCA said: "We received some information regarding this incident and we are working closely with Strathclyde Police.

"Any children carrying out an act like this need to be caught because it is not normal behaviour. It needs to be addressed and addressed quickly.

"It is important that people take animal cruelty seriously - it is often a warning of something much worse."

Douche Baggins
12-02-2005, 01:13 PM
What's a scottish youth to do...in my day, we strapped shetland ponies to scud missiles!

chiefsfaninNC
12-02-2005, 01:18 PM
Damn kids wasting good fireworks. A sledge hammer gives a much better explosion.

Inspector
12-02-2005, 01:21 PM
I've heard that gerbils go through worse things.

mike_b_284
12-02-2005, 01:26 PM
I've heard that gerbils go through worse things.
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Donger
12-02-2005, 01:28 PM
I used to make parachutes for my pet hamster. He liked the feeling of flight.

vailpass
12-02-2005, 01:35 PM
I am furiously scribbling notes for my blog. GoChiefs and all the rest of you hamster-haters shall be crucified on the intarweb and I'll send your names and e-mail addys to my congressman and my lesbian supervisor wil name her next period after you and........

thepascalblaze
12-02-2005, 01:42 PM
I always thought Afternoon Delight was about screwin' in the daytime... next time I'm so lucky I may have attention problems due to pesky images of exploding flying Scottish rodents...