PDA

View Full Version : What's the scoop on Gun's glasses?

Archie F. Swin
12-02-2005, 10:19 PM
What brand are they and howcome every time I see a gametime camera shot of him I feel the need to go get a shotgun. Are they like sportsman/outdoorsman/fishing glasses? I would think everyone looks like they have jaundice through those things. They're pretty cool lookin though.

"pull" bitch!

morphius
12-02-2005, 10:21 PM
He has a handicap with the lights that effect his eyes, and the yellow sunglasses allow him to see.

Halfcan
12-02-2005, 10:23 PM
He got buy a pair get one free in about an hour.

unlurking
12-02-2005, 10:25 PM
I thought he was to keep his eyes from emitting laser beams constantly. Didn't he get a fine for accidentally frying a ref?

redhed
12-02-2005, 10:27 PM
They're amber. Yeller. Pshaw...

They give more contrast.
Greens are greener.

Archie F. Swin
12-02-2005, 10:32 PM
He has a handicap with the lights that effect his eyes, and the yellow sunglasses allow him to see.

Like the chief engineer from Next Generation?

http://www.startrek.com/imageuploads/200307/burton02/120x90.jpg

morphius
12-02-2005, 10:32 PM
Like the chief engineer from Next Generation?
How the hell would I know that, I may be a geek, but am not a nerd...

Morphius
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

alanm
12-02-2005, 10:34 PM
They're amber. Yeller. Pshaw...

They give more contrast.
Greens are greener.
Commonly refered to as "Shooters Glasses". The provide more contrast, especially helps on cloudy days. I have a pair in the car that I like to wear on the road.

Count Alex's Losses
12-02-2005, 10:55 PM
I have a pair in the car that I like to wear on the road.

To football games?

alanm
12-02-2005, 11:05 PM
To football games?
Driving on the highway or interstate.

KCChiefsMan
12-03-2005, 12:07 AM
don't knock the guy's style, once he gets the defense back to greatness those glasses will be legendary

Otter
12-03-2005, 02:00 AM
I have a pair of yellow Costa Del Mar that I bought specificlly for fly fishing but now wear them everywhere.

The clarity yellow provides of other tints is amazing.

Rausch
12-03-2005, 02:52 AM

I have a similar problem. My eyes take a while to focus from dark to light.

I can't really drive if I watch a movie in the theater in the day time. And half the time it gives me a headache.

And the Gunther glasses kick ass... :)

Tactical Funky
12-03-2005, 03:31 AM
I'm an optician part-time and made myself a custom pair of screen tinted anti-reflective rimless glasses to reduce my photosensitivity issues. They just happen to have turned out a lot like Gun's - not that it's a bad thing. People always ask me where I got them, and I say I made 'em!

HemiEd
12-03-2005, 04:15 AM
Commonly refered to as "Shooters Glasses". The provide more contrast, especially helps on cloudy days. I have a pair in the car that I like to wear on the road.

We used to use them for "Drag Racing", the yellow Christmas tree would even contrast better and you could cut a better light.

chiefqueen
12-03-2005, 10:50 AM

There was a story in the Star about this when he was HC. About 20 years ago a raquetball hit him square in the eye. I don't remember if bones around his eye were broken. Ever since then bright light bothers that eye.