PDA

View Full Version : 1 more reason to hate Chris Collinsworth

T-post Tom
12-02-2005, 10:30 PM
He just trashed the Chiefs and said there's no way they win on Sunday or make the playoffs. The guy has been trashing the Chiefs for years. Someone told me he's the bastard child of Randy Cross and Shannon Sharpe. Is that what the the hate is about? Did King Carl ***** his wife? Maybe DV was shtooping his grandma. :cuss:

Cochise
12-02-2005, 10:31 PM
He's a tard.

Now if we just get Dan Marino to pick the Donkeys we'll be golden.

T-post Tom
12-02-2005, 10:33 PM
He's a tard.

Now if we just get Dan Marino to pick the Donkeys we'll be golden.

Good news: he did. Marino sided with the tard.

Chris Carter picked the Chiefs to win and make the playoffs.

Brando
12-02-2005, 10:37 PM
You mean there is a reason to hate Chris Collinsworth other than the Kentucky Mudflap that he sported for all those years?
Anyone notice that he looks like Butthead?
http://www.hbo.com/infl/?ntrack_para1=leftnav_category3_show0

philfree
12-02-2005, 10:40 PM
That makes me feel good. I like reading our December home record numbers and our December record of owning the Donks. But those are just numbers and it makes me a little apprehensive. But then I see we're a slight underdog and the prognosticators are fairly split on who's gonna win this game. Now with a Collinsdork statement that there is "no way" we win I feel much less apprehensive. That wuss needs to be hit by Jerry Glanville some more.

PhilFree:arrow:

T-post Tom
12-02-2005, 10:41 PM
You mean there is a reason to hate Chris Collinsworth other than the Kentucky Mudflap that he sported for all those years?
http://www.hbo.com/infl/?ntrack_para1=leftnav_category3_show0

Heh heh. You said "mudflap." heh heh

Halfcan
12-02-2005, 10:52 PM
Chrissy was a very avrage receiver and even worse sports guy. Does anyone even care what the media say about anything? They are just a bunch of biased azzholes.

Brando
12-02-2005, 10:54 PM
Chris Collinsworth is just another one of those white George Bush republicans that doesn't understand our tatooed running back.

AirForceChief
12-02-2005, 10:57 PM
Heh heh. You said "mudflap." heh heh

Talk about mud-flaps, my girls gott'em. Big bottoms drive me out of my mind, how can I leave her's behind?

Taco John
12-02-2005, 10:58 PM
Kentucky Mudflap?

Brando
12-02-2005, 11:00 PM
Kentucky Mudflap?

Mullet...neck carpet...Kentucky Waterfall. Business on top...party in the rear...

KCChiefsMan
12-02-2005, 11:01 PM
Chrissy was a very avrage receiver and even worse sports guy. Does anyone even care what the media say about anything? They are just a bunch of biased azzholes.

Chris Carter was an average WR? wtf are you talking about

Brando
12-02-2005, 11:03 PM
Chris Carter was an average WR? wtf are you talking about
collinsworth...I know his name isn't in the title of the thread or anything but try to keep up.

KCChiefsMan
12-02-2005, 11:03 PM
collinsworth...I know his name isn't in the title of the thread or anything but try to keep up.

you're right, my bad

BigRock
12-02-2005, 11:14 PM
I don't think it's really "trashing" the Chiefs to pick us to lose to a team with a better record that already thumped us this season. And the same goes for betting against us making the playoffs considering the schedule we have. How many people ARE picking the Chiefs to make it? It's a pretty small list.

Now if Collinsworth said we weren't any good, the defense still sucks, we got lucky against the Texans, and we were going to go 0-5 to finish the season, then that would be something else. But he hasn't hesitated to give KC credit when it's due from what I've seen this season.

Fishpicker
12-02-2005, 11:34 PM
CC is just playing the odds. I'm not too worried, he always tries to side with the majority pick

Tribal Warfare
12-02-2005, 11:43 PM
If Len was still on the show he would bitch slap Collinsworth

T-post Tom
12-02-2005, 11:50 PM
I don't think it's really "trashing" the Chiefs to pick us to lose to a team with a better record that already thumped us this season. And the same goes for betting against us making the playoffs considering the schedule we have. How many people ARE picking the Chiefs to make it? It's a pretty small list.

Now if Collinsworth said we weren't any good, the defense still sucks, we got lucky against the Texans, and we were going to go 0-5 to finish the season, then that would be something else. But he hasn't hesitated to give KC credit when it's due from what I've seen this season.

I might agree with you, if he had said it evenhandedly. But he was very dismissive of the Chiefs and condescending to Carter for going with the Chiefs. Yeah, part of it is schtick, but he's railed on the Chiefs consistently over the years. (He wasn't picking them to win too many games when they were having 13-3 seasons.)

Yeah, we got thumped, but that was in their crib when the Chiefs were out of synch and juggling their offensive line. They've obviously gelled and improved on both sides of the ball since then. I think that most would agree that the Chiefs have progressed considerably since that game. Look at the Chiefs' dominance at Arrowhead over the donks in recent years too. I don't believe that Plummer has ever won here. The Chiefs also thrive in December. Denver also has a recent history of collapsing down the stretch. So call me a homer, but I don't see any reason to expect a repeat of the first game.

BTW, the Chiefs are starting to get some good pub. The bandwagon will start to fill up if they win on Sunday. Watch.

kregger
12-03-2005, 12:53 AM
Talk about mud-flaps, my girls gott'em. Big bottoms drive me out of my mind, how can I leave her's behind?

Now that's nice. :clap: :clap:

CoMoChief
12-03-2005, 01:18 AM
Did King Carl ***** his wife? Maybe DV was shtooping his grandma.

It is to my understanding that Carl Peterson does not have a penis.

Pants
12-03-2005, 04:46 AM
Mullet...neck carpet...Kentucky Waterfall. Business on top...party in the rear...

ROFL Holy shit! I've never heard those before.

Cochise
12-03-2005, 06:36 AM
Collinsworth, Marino, and Berman all pick the donkeys.

We're gold.

Bob Dole
12-03-2005, 06:48 AM
Now if Collinsworth said we weren't any good, the defense still sucks, we got lucky against the Texans, and we were going to go 0-5 to finish the season, then that would be something else.

That's Lincoln Kennedy's gig on Total Access.

PunkinDrublic
12-03-2005, 08:49 AM
I've been very critical of Collinsworth in the past in fact I've authored a Chris Collinsworth hate thread or two in the past but I don't think it's unreasonable to pick the donks in this one. We have a good team but the fact is we have yet to beat a legitimate playoff team this year. I am hoping like hell we win out and sneak into the playoffs but with our brutal schedule it is very improbable. Make no mistake about it Collinsworth is still a douchebag and I admit I didn't see the segment but we are who we are until proven otherwise.

HemiEd
12-03-2005, 08:58 AM

Exactly, he played for the bengals, nough said.

chiefsfaninNC
12-03-2005, 09:01 AM
Most of the media and half of Chief's fans are saying the same thing. The Chief's have not been consistent performers all year long. We blew a huge lead at home and could only put up 3 points at Buffalo. We haven't dominated anyone except for the Texans and Jet's. If we win the next 2 games I would imagine that the media will turn the corner along with the Chiefs.

siberian khatru
12-03-2005, 09:01 AM
How's that Fox gig working out for you, Cris?

brent102fire
12-03-2005, 10:55 AM
Who cares what any of these idiot commentaters/analysts say? If they could predict the future, none of them would be working as sportscasters. The only thing that matters is what the Chiefs DO on Sunday...

Mr. Laz
12-03-2005, 11:13 AM
we are on the outside looking in for the playoff standings right now and we have the hardest remaining schedule.

sounds like he's just going with the odds. :shrug:

rageeumr
12-03-2005, 11:21 AM

Just in case anybody wanted an effortless comparison:

http://www.purdco.com/collinsworth.jpg