PDA

View Full Version : Dear Friends,

Pages : [1] 2

Phobia
12-02-2005, 11:38 PM
I have a lot invested in ChiefsPlanet; time, emotion, sweat, money, but mostly just time.... Five years is quite a while and a very good run. I'm moving on to another opportunity, one I feel will enable us to more readily realize what had been my aspirations for ChiefsPlanet. I'll have media access, credibility, and the possibility of eventually doing this stuff fulltime.

Preferably, this is not "goodbye". I plan to see you at events, around town, Arrowhead, and on the other Chiefs site I'll be managing.

I've had a lot of mixed emotions coming to this decision. Literally, this has taken months. More than 6 months, actually. It's hard to leave a place you've helped to build from the ground up, but I've recently felt stagnant here - lots of frustration - I'm sure you've noticed. I invited AustinChief to come and bring the entire board along but he didn't really seem very interested. Don't take take that last statement as bashing Kyle. We're friends. We've always been friends. We're just not very effective partners, apparently. Therefore, I'm moving on to a site that will become THE place for Chiefs news heading forward.

I'll try to answer questions about it in this thread, but I really don't know how long Kyle will indulge me. As soon as I submit this thread, I'm terminating my admin access.

Oddly enough, I'm not going to spam ChiefsPlanet to pimp the new digs. You'll find us. The Internet is a small place.

With Warmest of Regards,

Phil "Phobia"

SLAG
12-02-2005, 11:40 PM
WOW

Im Speachless

Katipan
12-02-2005, 11:41 PM
... whatever makes you happy, baby.

Count Alex's Losses
12-02-2005, 11:41 PM
I...I'm at a loss for words.

Why are you giving up?

Brando
12-02-2005, 11:44 PM
Dude...sad to hear...best of luck at www.blacksonblondes.com.

Reaper16
12-02-2005, 11:45 PM
This sounds like one Hell of an oppourtunity. Looking forward to your next endeavor. :thumb:

Count Alex's Losses
12-02-2005, 11:45 PM
best of luck at www.blacksonblondes.com.

He's got it up and running already!

tk13
12-02-2005, 11:46 PM
Do you think two days before the biggest Chiefs game in about 2 years is the right time to be doing this?

ChiefsKing
12-02-2005, 11:47 PM
will your site be able to handle the traffic of a chiefs site after a Denver game?

Phobia
12-02-2005, 11:48 PM
I...I'm at a loss for words.

Why are you giving up?

That is an interesting choice of words. I don't look at it that way. I'm being promoted. I no longer work at the mom & pop. Now I work for one of the largest sports networks in the world.

philfree
12-02-2005, 11:49 PM
A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do! My hat is off for what you've done here and I wish success in the future.

PhilFree:arrow:

ferrarispider95
can i have your old login

Count Alex's Losses
I invited AustinChief to come and bring the entire board along but he didn't really seem very interested.

What does this mean, exactly?

Taco John
Wow. Is that a tumbleweed I just saw blow by?

AirForceChief
I'd like to say I'm stunned, but as a long time Planeteer, I just have to say, "Who were you, again?" And, "Clean that up before you leave."

SLAG
12-02-2005, 11:50 PM
That is an interesting choice of words. I don't look at it that way. I'm being promoted. I no longer work at the mom & pop. Now I work for one of the largest sports networks in the world.

Jack Harry and Nick Athan?

:shrug:

Halfcan
Adios bigshot, sorry its stagnant here-lol This isn't another sappy sendoff-only to return the next day is it?

ferrarispider95
i know you dont want to pimp your site, and some of the regulars probably know what it is, but can you pm, because i am curious. i tired blacksonblondes, but you need a credit card to get a login

Stinger
12-02-2005, 11:51 PM
Well this got interesting for a Friday night.

Phil first of all thank for all that you and Kyle have done. This place has seen quite a change in the last few years. Wish you all the best in your endevors and good luck on this new oppertunity.

Now that being said when is this new sites charity golf tournmant :D .

Taco John
12-02-2005, 11:52 PM
Adios bigshot, sorry its stagnant here-lol This isn't another sappy sendoff-only to return the next day is it?

No, this is the real thing.

Stinger
12-02-2005, 11:53 PM
can i have your old login

Dibs on the post count

Phobia
12-02-2005, 11:53 PM
Do you think two days before the biggest Chiefs game in about 2 years is the right time to be doing this?

The timing isn't something we seriously contemplated. I'm sure there may have been a more strategic date available, but we've been trying to finalize things all week. My agent just agreed to terms and faxed the documents moments ago.

Raiderhader
12-02-2005, 11:54 PM
He'll be back, they always come back.

Phobia
12-02-2005, 11:55 PM
will your site be able to handle the traffic of a chiefs site after a Denver game?

Absolutely. The new site is run in a fullblown datacenter dedicated to the sites on the network. There are fulltime IT guys ensuring everying is operating well.

Phobia
12-02-2005, 11:56 PM
Well this got interesting for a Friday night.

Phil first of all thank for all that you and Kyle have done. This place has seen quite a change in the last few years. Wish you all the best in your endevors and good luck on this new oppertunity.

Now that being said when is this new sites charity golf tournmant :D .

Definitely putting up a tournament next year. For sure. I'll let you know.

Raiderhader
So, is Kyle going to be looking for a new mod/admin?

*ahem*

Reaper16
i know you dont want to pimp your site, and some of the regulars probably know what it is, but can you pm, because i am curious. i tired blacksonblondes, but you need a credit card to get a login
Ditto.

Count Alex's Losses
12-02-2005, 11:57 PM
Absolutely. The new site is run in a fullblown datacenter dedicated to the sites on the network. There are fulltime IT guys ensuring everying is operating well.

Wow. I was thinking you were starting from scratch.

Count Alex's Losses
12-02-2005, 11:57 PM
So, is Kyle going to be looking for a new mod/admin?

*ahem*

*AHEM*

AirForceChief
12-02-2005, 11:58 PM
*AHEM*

Dear, God...no...please?

ChiefsKing
12-02-2005, 11:59 PM
sounds like a great opp. for you.....and for the many chiefs fans who crave chiefs news. congrats. you deserve it.

Raiderhader
The timing isn't something we seriously contemplated. I'm sure there may have been a more strategic date available, but we've been trying to finalize things all week. My agent just agreed to terms and faxed the documents moments ago.

Your "agent"? When the hell did you get an agent?

bishop_74

You're agent? Wow dude. Well, I have enjoyed your commentary on the board. There are a choice few who I feel contribute greatly to the substance of this board... you are one of them. Whether you know it or not, I have learned some important lesons from you in the past few years. I just want you to know you will be missed and good luck in your future endeavors.

Stinger
*AHEM*

Now that would be a Cinderella story. GoChiefs from misabuse poster to mod. I can see the ABC afterschool special now

Mr. Kotter
12-03-2005, 12:00 AM
Wow. :(

I hope it's not "bye" either. But best wishes and good luck.

:toast:

tk13
12-03-2005, 12:00 AM
Now that would be a Cinderella story. GoChiefs from misabuse poster to mod. I can see the ABC afterschool special now
ROFL "Gochiefs... from boy, to man... an ABC special event."

Dunit35
12-03-2005, 12:01 AM
Well, congratulations Phob. I guess whatever makes you happy. No longer will I be worried about a post that you will make fun of. Ah, what a relief. Heres your chance though :).

Stinger
Your "agent"? When the hell did you get an agent?

Drew Rosenhouse is trying to expand his company since that TO thing didn't work out so well

Brando

I could see GoChiefs on Dr. Phil before I could see him on an afterschool special.

DaFace
12-03-2005, 12:02 AM
Phobia, I hardly knew ye. But even so, looks like you've done a great job with this place, and I hope to see what you can do in the future. Good luck in whatever you do.

Reaper16
12-03-2005, 12:02 AM
Drew Rosenhouse is trying to expand his company since that TO thing didn't work out so well
ROFL ROFL

ChiefsKing
12-03-2005, 12:03 AM
you've been watching Jerry Mcguire again?

Raiderhader
12-03-2005, 12:04 AM

Heh heh heh.

elvomito
12-03-2005, 12:04 AM
not that it really matters, but i guess some of the things that bother you are part of the reason i never donated any money.... btw, where did all of that go again?

Count Alex's Losses
12-03-2005, 12:05 AM
I think this place will miss Phobia, personally. He's a great asset.

This might sound like treason, but if Phobia's new endeavor pans out like it sounds it might, I hope our membership migrates over there.

Dunit35
12-03-2005, 12:08 AM
Im going to have to say out of all of us on here, I respected your comments the most. Your three word posts seemed to make me laugh, smile, cry and mostly wish I could be you, Ok I will probably quit talkin gayish. Im glad their is a Chiefsplanet cause if not I would have nothing to do all day and I actually would do my homework. Kinda sad that Im 20 go to college and Im posting on here at midnight on a Friday.

Halfcan
12-03-2005, 12:08 AM
See ya Autumn Love, I will come harass ya on the new site. Hell after a week of my post you will want to come back here.

Who the hell is Kyle?

Reaper16
12-03-2005, 12:09 AM

This might sound like treason, but if Phobia's new endeavor pans out like it sounds it might, I hope our membership migrates over there.
Only thing I can think of that might hinder that would be the possibility of stricter moderation, seeing as this site is apprantly part of a large, existing network.
But that was said with no knowledge of what this new site really is. That could very well be way off.

Brando
12-03-2005, 12:09 AM
Im going to have to say out of all of us on here, I respected your comments the most. Your three word posts seemed to make me laugh, smile, cry and mostly wish I could be you, Ok I will probably quit talkin gayish. Im glad their is a Chiefsplanet cause if not I would have nothing to do all day and I actually would do my homework. Kinda sad that Im 20 go to college and Im posting on here at midnight on a Friday.

Immediately
Kill
Self :p

Reaper16
12-03-2005, 12:10 AM
Heh, Nightwish's avatar shows up on Phobia. Sure enough, Nightwish has a new avatart.

Raiderhader
12-03-2005, 12:10 AM
Can you take Denise with you?

Halfcan
12-03-2005, 12:12 AM
Is this goodbye to RedRum69 too????

FringeNC
Phobia is replacing Rufus Dawes, who's hanging them up.

:p

SPchief
may I ask what the other site is??

Dunit35
12-03-2005, 12:13 AM

Nah, he will still get on here just to do that. If he didnt who else would we have to make a thread about?

Stinger
12-03-2005, 12:15 AM
may I ask what the other site is??

Exactly .... Could you give us some insite to the site. Pay/free, moderation similar to the planet, are rep wars allowed? Throw us a bone here.

Phobia
12-03-2005, 12:16 AM
Only thing I can think of that might hinder that would be the possibility of stricter moderation, seeing as this site is apprantly part of a large, existing network.

They know how I ran the Planet and they know it can be a wild place. They're prepared or I wouldn't have ever agreed to it.

Phobia
12-03-2005, 12:16 AM
Can you take Denise with you?

I'm leaving her here and taking you instead.

Phobia
12-03-2005, 12:19 AM
Exactly .... Could you give us some insite to the site. Pay/free, moderation similar to the planet, are rep wars allowed? Throw us a bone here.

The site is free. Subscriptions are encouraged but not required. There will be private areas for subscribers only in which breaking news and speculation will be discussed.

There is no rep on the new board. I'm in no hurry to add it either. I'm running the place so moderation should be virtually identical.

Halfcan
A wild place? I thought you said it was stagnant? You do have a double personality-see ya RR69

Phobia

Your mother said he can stay.

tk13
12-03-2005, 12:20 AM

Depends on if it's an open forum like this or like a Scout.com site that's divided up into subforums that are heavily moderated I think. That would pretty much be the deciding factor in whether I went somewhere else.

Halfcan
12-03-2005, 12:20 AM
You have to pay to speculate?

Phobia
12-03-2005, 12:21 AM
A wild place? I thought you said it was stagnant?

I said "I felt stagnant". The Planet has always been wild.

SLAG
12-03-2005, 12:21 AM
HOF Nomination for Sure

Phobia
12-03-2005, 12:22 AM
Depends on if it's an open forum like this or like a Scout.com site that's divided up into subforums that are heavily moderated I think. That would pretty much be the deciding factor in whether I went somewhere else.

Funny you should mention that. I heard their forums just became not very heavily moderated. And a lot of their subforums are going away.

Dunit35
I hope the other mods can keep this place going. This place going down would be like losing your bestfriend.

Raiderhader
I'm leaving her here and taking you instead.

Heh, it doesn't matter, she'll follow us. She always does.

Phobia
12-03-2005, 12:23 AM
You have to pay to speculate?

No, but you have to pay to speculate with the people who have media credentials.

Halfcan
Sounds like a great opportunity-good luck!!!

SLAG
Funny you should mention that. I heard their forums just became not very heavily moderated. And a lot of their subforums are going away.

Me thinks Scout is now with you over nick athan?

Count Alex's Losses
12-03-2005, 12:25 AM

Come to think of it, I'm not sure if I want Chiefsplanet to change. I like our community the way it is. I don't know if a huge influx of members would be to my liking.

Count Alex's Losses
12-03-2005, 12:26 AM
I was going to let Phil ban me for 10 minutes just to feel what it was like for one last time but I guess it's too late now. :(

Fire Me Boy!
12-03-2005, 12:26 AM
i know you dont want to pimp your site, and some of the regulars probably know what it is, but can you pm, because i am curious.
Um... yeah. Me, too.

Count Alex's Losses
12-03-2005, 12:27 AM
I too, would like a PM.

ChiefsKing
12-03-2005, 12:28 AM
someone just say the site so we can all know.

Halfcan
12-03-2005, 12:28 AM
This is a community? More like a bunch of nutcases that like to type alot of nothing.

Count Alex's Losses
12-03-2005, 12:29 AM
This is a community? More like a bunch of nutcases that like to type alot of nothing.

Have you even read ONE installment of THIS WEEK IN CHIEFS HISTORY? :harumph:

Guru
12-03-2005, 12:29 AM
Quote: <HR SIZE=1>Originally Posted by ferrarispider95
i know you dont want to pimp your site, and some of the regulars probably know what it is, but can you pm, because i am curious. <HR SIZE=1>Um... yeah. Me, too.

Ditto

Taco John
12-03-2005, 12:30 AM

check your rep...

ChiefsOne
12-03-2005, 12:30 AM
Where's the new place? Post, PM or email please.

Raiderhader
12-03-2005, 12:31 AM

www.orangemane.com

Stinger
I too, would like a PM.

Add me to the list as weill if you don't mind

Halfcan
Yes, very detailed-didn't mean to offend you-your post are always useful and vitally important info.

Taco John
This isn't hard to figure out people. You can probably guess on your first try... They've already got an announcement on their board about it.

Danush
12-03-2005, 12:32 AM
Unless KlosterPhobia is Phil's brother....it's apparently here:

http://chiefs.scout.com/

:hmmm:

Maybe this will save Phil a few PMs.....

Stinger
www.orangemane.com

You know that would have been a great spot to say Nepachiefs.com or KC Star.com

Taco John
Unless KlosterPhobia is Phil's brother....heh, it's apparently here:

http://chiefs.scout.com/

:hmmm:

Ok... someone else cracked the ice...

Allow me to bust all the way through it:

http://mb27.scout.com/fchiefsinsiderfrm1.showMessage?topicID=7029.topic

/bound to happen

Phobia
12-03-2005, 12:33 AM
Me thinks Scout is now with you over nick athan?

Nah. Nick is still the publisher. He runs the magazine and premium content. I operate the board and write.

Count Alex's Losses
12-03-2005, 12:34 AM
What the hell.

Phil and Nick Athan joining forces?

This has to be a joke.

Raiderhader
12-03-2005, 12:34 AM
You know that would have been a great spot to say Nepachiefs.com or KC Star.com

No way I pimp the first one.

The second one however, would have been funny as hell. Wish I'd thought of that.

Danush
12-03-2005, 12:36 AM
What the hell.

This has to be a joke.

No joke; the press release from WarPaint, for those who haven't clicked...

WI PRESS RELEASE: Phil Kloster Joins Warpaint Illustrated
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Warpaint Illustrated Publisher Nick Athan is very pleased to announce that Phil Kloster has agreed to join the staff at Warpaint Illustrated.

For the last five years Phil Kloster has run the largest independent Chiefs Message Board Community on the Internet at Chiefs Planet. His addition to the Warpaint Illustrated team continues our ongoing effort to make Warpaint Illustrated the best site for Chiefs news and talk on the internet.

Phil will be responsible for developing our message board community and he will also assist Publisher Nick Athan and the writing staff in game day activities as well as promotions and charity events in and around the Kansas City area. Phil is very excited about the opportunity and is looking forward to getting to know all the members of Warpaint Illustrated.

We are very excited that Phil Kloster has joined Warpaint Illustrated. Let's all give Phil a resounding Warpaint Illustrated welcome.

Our message boards could not be in better hands.

Phil Kloster Highlights:

* KC Born, Iowa raised
* Lifelong Chiefs and NFL fan
* Local entrepreneur
* For the past five years operated largest fan based Chiefs site on the internet - Chiefs Planet.
* Married Father of three.
* Reside locally in the Kansas City Missouri area,
* Current President of 'The 37 Forever Foundation' that is dedicated to the memory of the late Joe Delaney.

Edited by: ChiefsInsider at: 12/3/05 1:16:46 am

SLAG
12-03-2005, 12:36 AM
Nah. Nick is still the publisher. He runs the magazine and premium content. I operate the board and write.

I cant belive i got it right on my first guess... that wasnt even serious.

tk13
12-03-2005, 12:38 AM
What the hell.

This has to be a joke.
That was actually my very first guess since Nick and Phil are good friends... and the whole "large network" thing gave it away, but I figured I'd let somebody else figure it out.

Lots o' balls credit goes to Mr. Athan, our group of people wouldn't hold back if he fumbles around with stuff... and I'm not real sure how their incumbent members would feel about some of us jackasses invading their space.

Halfcan
12-03-2005, 12:38 AM
Dang I have tried hard to get a bad reputation-don't want to start over on the Scout-lol I just made the menace to society list with Endnelt-it doesn't get any bigger than that.

Der Flöprer
12-03-2005, 12:39 AM
Nick Athan? ROFL this is where someone should pull up all the shit that Phob has said about that guy since the beginning of time. I don't even know what to think about this. It's cool though, since I'm new, my opinions don't matter. ;) GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!! Good luck Phil.

Come to think of it, I can't think of one bad thing Phil has ever personally said about Athan. Must have been everyone else. My bad.

Taco John
12-03-2005, 12:41 AM
Dang I have tried hard to get a bad reputation-don't want to start over on the Scout-lol I just made the menace to society list with Endnelt-it doesn't get any bigger than that.

August 2005? Who the hell even are you?

Halfcan
12-03-2005, 12:42 AM
Now RR69 will haunt the Scout instead.

Halfcan
12-03-2005, 12:44 AM
Who am I? WHO AM I? The new Admin-if my agent can finalize the deal we have been working on for weeks.

ChiefsFire
12-03-2005, 12:46 AM
wow Phobs is in bed with nick athan..

ok bigshot,we gonna see you on the 38 sportsspot soon also??

Raiderhader
12-03-2005, 12:47 AM
That place sucks. I can't even get to the message boards. I keep getting a "mb.scout was not found search the web" message.

Stinger
12-03-2005, 12:48 AM
Now that being said when is this new sites charity golf tournmant :D

Phil will be responsible for developing .... as well as promotions and charity events in and around the Kansas City area.

*AHEM*

Mr. Kotter
12-03-2005, 12:48 AM
Registration was easy....

greg63
12-03-2005, 12:49 AM
So long Phil, best regards and best of luck! :D

chefsos
12-03-2005, 12:50 AM
As a member of less than a year, I still can appreciate the genesis and history of this board and all the people who made it happen.

Phobia, to me, is/was the undisputed "face" of this place. I would imagine and hope that some sort of message from AustinChief is forthcoming, if for no other reason than to make the decisions of the members whether to follow Phobia out of here en masse a little more difficult. And it looks like there are a lot of decisions to be made soon, although I guess there's no law against posting on both sites.

Good luck and much congrats, Phil, however I've got a feeling most of the folks here are going to end up in the same place.

OK, screw all that, where are my t-shirts and hats, azzhole? :)

Phobia
12-03-2005, 12:52 AM
Nick Athan? ROFL this is where someone should pull up all the shit that Phob has said about that guy since the beginning of time. I don't even know what to think about this. It's cool though, since I'm new, my opinions don't matter. ;) GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!! Good luck Phil.

Come to think of it, I can't think of one bad thing Phil has ever personally said about Athan. Must have been everyone else. My bad.

Nah - I've ridden Nick's articles pretty hard at times. I shoot him straight. We've talked about improving his credibility. He's taken steps. Everything he has told me since the season started happened. He scooped the Holmes IR thing by 4 days, but he wouldn't publish it without more solid info.

It should be an interesting relationship. Nick deserves the criticism sometimes. But he deserves some props, too. He's trying really hard on this project. Hopefully we'll be able to make it big now that Fox Sports is involved.

Mr. Kotter
12-03-2005, 12:53 AM
That place sucks. I can't even get to the message boards. I keep getting a "mb.scout was not found search the web" message.

They must have discrimnating taste; I registered quickly and easily, with no problems. :p

ChiefsKing
12-03-2005, 12:55 AM
what the hell? there is no girly thread over there!

Raiderhader
12-03-2005, 12:57 AM
As a member of less than a year, I still can appreciate the genesis and history of this board and all the people who made it happen.

Phobia, to me, is/was the undisputed "face" of this place. I would imagine and hope that some sort of message from AustinChief is forthcoming, if for no other reason than to make the decisions of the members whether to follow Phobia out of here en masse a little more difficult. And it looks like there are a lot of decisions to be made soon, although I guess there's no law against posting on both sites.

Good luck and much congrats, Phil, however I've got a feeling most of the folks here are going to end up in the same place.

OK, screw all that, where are my t-shirts and hats, azzhole? :)

No law at all. But I won't be bi-bordial. I've tried that, it didn't work. I'll be one place or the other.

Phobia
12-03-2005, 12:57 AM
They must have discrimnating taste; I registered quickly and easily, with no problems. :p

No macs allowed on scout.

Der Flöprer
12-03-2005, 01:00 AM
Nah - I've ridden Nick's articles pretty hard at times. I shoot him straight. We've talked about improving his credibility. He's taken steps. Everything he has told me since the season started happened. He scooped the Holmes IR thing by 4 days, but he wouldn't publish it without more solid info.

It should be an interesting relationship. Nick deserves the criticism sometimes. But he deserves some props, too. He's trying really hard on this project. Hopefully we'll be able to make it big now that Fox Sports is involved.

I just checked out the 37 Forever site for the first time ever. I was born in 77 so I don't remember Delaney. Thanks for that site Phil, it touched my heart.

greg63
12-03-2005, 01:01 AM
...But Phob; you are so close to the coveted 50,000 post mark. :p :D

Raiderhader
12-03-2005, 01:01 AM

I didn't try and register, I just wanted to view the board format. But I didn't even get a "not a registered member" message. I got a "we can't find the f#cker" message.

Raiderhader
12-03-2005, 01:02 AM

I guess that makes my decision pretty easy.

tk13
12-03-2005, 01:05 AM
...for the 13th time.

Tribal Warfare
12-03-2005, 01:05 AM
Phil, what's the new website your working for? I want check it out, because of the curiousity involved.

Phobia
12-03-2005, 01:06 AM
I guess that makes my decision pretty easy.

I'm kidding. I have no idea what's wrong. Works great for me. But I don't even have any access yet so I can't help.

Taco John
12-03-2005, 01:08 AM

Is "mac" the word they use over at Scout for dumbass or something? ;)

KChiefsQT
12-03-2005, 01:14 AM
:deevee: Does this mean you're leaving us forever?

Raiderhader
12-03-2005, 01:15 AM
I'm kidding. I have no idea what's wrong. Works great for me. But I don't even have any access yet so I can't help.

I know you were. I finally found a link that would get me there. I am currently trying to register, but it is telling me that my email addy has already been used.

I'd like to know how the hell that is possible.

Raiderhader
12-03-2005, 01:19 AM
Is "mac" the word they use over at Scout for dumbass or something? ;)

Can you take Denise AND Juano with you?

tk13
I know you were. I finally found a link that would get me there. I am currently trying to register, but it is telling me that my email addy has already been used.

I'd like to know how the hell that is possible.
Kotter!!!! ROFL

Taco John
Looks like I was right about that "mac" translation.

Logical
12-03-2005, 01:21 AM
I joined but I cannot post, I had to use my work email maybe there is some sort of confirmation process. If it works out I will try being bi-boardal again for a while but ChiefsPlanet will likely always be home base. We will see if a community develops over there.

Good luck Phil

Kyle if you ever need anything just PM me, you and Phil )(hell all the mods) have always treated me top notch.

Raiderhader
12-03-2005, 01:22 AM
Kotter!!!! ROFL

How the f#ck would he know my email addy? And what are the odds that he would randomly pick that addy on accident?

This is just f#cked up. I'm staying here.

KChiefsQT
12-03-2005, 01:26 AM
This sucks.

Jenson71
12-03-2005, 01:32 AM
All the terrible "ifs" have accumulated....

tk13
12-03-2005, 01:32 AM
How the f#ck would he know my email addy? And what are the odds that he would randomly pick that addy on accident?

This is just f#cked up. I'm staying here.
I'm just kidding... I'm picking on Kotter. :)

Raiderhader
12-03-2005, 01:33 AM
This sucks.

It could be worse, it could be most of the cool people leaving instead of just one.

Though my gut feeling is that will end up happening anyway.

KChiefsQT
12-03-2005, 01:34 AM
It could be worse, it could be most of the cool people leaving instead of just one.

I know... I'm gonna cry.

Raiderhader
12-03-2005, 01:35 AM
I'm just kidding... I'm picking on Kotter. :)

I know. I'm just curious as to how the hell my addy could already be used. It boggles the mind.

Deberg_1990
12-03-2005, 01:35 AM

Exactly...over time alot of people will end up leaving..

btlook1
12-03-2005, 01:36 AM
I rarely ever post however this place won't be the same without Phobia's BS all day long. It's a wonder he had time to apply for this job with all the posting he does. Good Luck, but I'm staying Chiefsplanet will always be my homepage!

Frazod
12-03-2005, 01:37 AM
Wow. I don't know what to say. Sounds like the beginning of the end of the Planet - at least the Planet as we know it. Certainly there will be a split, just like when we broke from the Star. And that sucks.

But life goes on. Congratulations on your new opportunity.

Raiderhader
12-03-2005, 01:37 AM
Exactly...over time alot of people will end up leaving..

This is what I fear.

Spicy McHaggis
12-03-2005, 01:38 AM
Phil you rock. Great job on this site and I hope everything turns out well for you. Best of luck.

Phobia
12-03-2005, 01:38 AM
I rarely ever post however this place won't be the same without Phobia's BS all day long. It's a wonder he had time to apply for this job with all the posting he does. Good Luck, but I'm staying Chiefsplanet will always be my homepage!

I wish you had posted more often. You look like an easy target. You'd have been crying before your afterschool snack every day. Heh.

Nzoner
12-03-2005, 01:40 AM
Merry Christmas

luv
12-03-2005, 01:41 AM
I haven't read all the posts to see if Mr TC has replied or not. I'm sure he will be the only not saddened by your departure. Just shows what a dumbass he is. I'll miss ya, and good luck. :clap:

PS. Who will run the CP Store?

Phobia
12-03-2005, 01:45 AM
I haven't read all the posts to see if Mr TC has replied or not. I'm sure he will be the only not saddened by your departure. Just shows what a dumbass he is. I'll miss ya, and good luck. :clap:

Heh. I don't know who will run it. I'm still stuck with a bunch of stuff, which is why I started running the 2 for 1 special last week.

Raiderhader
12-03-2005, 01:45 AM

The same people who have been all along. Unless they decide to follow Phil......

Otter
12-03-2005, 01:47 AM
Best of luck Phil.

mike_b_284
12-03-2005, 01:48 AM
peace, I liked your posts, always down to earth. Good luck

- mike :bravo:

KChiefsQT
12-03-2005, 01:48 AM
Heh. I don't know who will run it. I'm still stuck with a bunch of stuff, which is why I started running the 2 for 1 special last week.
I'll go order some stuff.

Taco John
12-03-2005, 01:49 AM
I know. I'm just curious as to how the hell my addy could already be used. It boggles the mind.

Good Lord dude... Your email address is already listed because you registered a long time ago and forgot. This isn't rocket science, you mac.

kregger
12-03-2005, 01:49 AM
Phil, I'm glad I found this site. It has given me many laughs in a short time. Lots of good luck wishes to your future endeavor.

luv
12-03-2005, 01:50 AM
The same people who have been all along. Unless they decide to follow Phil......
Unless Phil has out of body experiences where he follows himself, I think Pink would go with him.

btlook1
12-03-2005, 01:51 AM
I wish you had posted more often. You look like an easy target. You'd have been crying before your afterschool snack every day. Heh.

Crying my ass! I would make you beg for forgiveness....by the way are you leaving Pink behind??

Taco John
12-03-2005, 01:51 AM
Wow. I don't know what to say. Sounds like the beginning of the end of the Planet - at least the Planet as we know it. Certainly there will be a split, just like when we broke from the Star. And that sucks.

But life goes on. Congratulations on your new opportunity.

Most definitely. Obviously, they're luring Phil counting on it. It's a great opportunity for him, and given what he's built here, I have little doubts about what he can do with actual resources to work with.

KChiefsQT
12-03-2005, 01:52 AM
Crying my ass! I would make you beg for forgiveness....by the way are you leaving Pink behind??
who the **** are you?

Phobia
12-03-2005, 01:54 AM

I left her behind just moments ago.

luv
12-03-2005, 01:55 AM
:shake:

Phobia
Phil, I'm glad I found this site. It has given me many laughs in a short time. Lots of good luck wishes to your future endeavor.

You still have to come out and play ball, though. The experience suffered without you the past few weeks.

btlook1
who the **** are you?
I have been reading Chiefs planet daily for several years...I just don't post! Maybe that will change as it's going to take several people to dish out the amount of BS that phobia did all these years!

Count Alex's Losses
12-03-2005, 01:56 AM

ROFL

Raiderhader
12-03-2005, 01:57 AM
Good Lord dude... Your email address is already listed because you registered a long time ago and forgot. This isn't rocket science, you mac.

That would be a plausible explination, IF I had registered over there before. I haven't. This has been the only board I have posted on in a long time. And no, it is not a memory lapse, I went ahead and used another addy to register and proceeded to register with my username that I have here. Had I registered there in the past, that username would already be taken, it is the only username I have ever used on the very few football BBs I have signed up for. So be quiet about things of which you do not know, donk.

KChiefsQT
I have been reading Chiefs planet daily for several years...I just don't post! Maybe that will change as it's going to take several people to dish out the amount of BS that phobia did all these years!

:shake: I hate you already.

Phobia

Don't worry. I got your back. I won't let a girl embarrass you tonight.

luv
12-03-2005, 01:58 AM
Why?

chefsos
12-03-2005, 01:58 AM
Yeah, and I'll bet she never even woke up.

luv
12-03-2005, 01:59 AM
Yeah, and I'll bet she never even woke up.
ROFL

KChiefsQT
12-03-2005, 01:59 AM
Why?
Cause he's and idiot.

btlook1
12-03-2005, 02:00 AM
You hate me already? I see your from California? Hate me all you want, I don't really care! Hasn't your state fell in the ocean yet?

Stinger

[rim shot]

errrr .... ahhhhhh ..... perhaps I should have sounded it out

luv
Cause he's and idiot.
For giving Phil shit? A lot of people do that.

btlook1
12-03-2005, 02:01 AM
Cause he's and idiot.
Yes we can see who the idiot here is....Least I can spell!

KChiefsQT
For giving Phil shit? A lot of people do that.
Whatever Luv. He's posted 20 times and he's gonna call out someone who's put eveerything into this site for five years. That's all.

Taco John
That would be a plausible explination, IF I had registered over there before. I haven't. This has been the only board I have posted on in a long time. And no, it is not a memory lapse, I went ahead and used another addy to register and proceeded to register with my username that I have here. Had I registered there in the past, that username would already be taken, it is the only username I have ever used on the very few football BBs I have signed up for. So be quiet about things of which you do not know, donk.

I don't remember registering over there either... But apparently I did. I'm guessing it was a long time ago, given that I don't remember...

...unless the government did it!

KChiefsQT
12-03-2005, 02:02 AM
yu clearly haven't been following the Planet that close. Dumb Twunt. :mad:

luv
Whatever Luv. He's posted 20 times and he's gonna call out someone who's put eveerything into this site for five years. That's all.
Yes, but I'm thinking that's because there's a history we don't know about.

chefsos
You're gonna regret that one.

Phobia
12-03-2005, 02:03 AM

It's good natured shit. Even if it's not I can handle it. I have posted a whole lot of BS on this board over the years.

KChiefsQT
At this point...I don't care about the history.

Phobia

Nah - he just knows I'll take it.

Nzoner
12-03-2005, 02:04 AM
I went ahead and used another addy to register and proceeded to register with my username that I have here.

Cool :D

KChiefsQT
It's good natured shit. Even if it's not I can handle it. I have put a whole lot of BS on this board over the years.
I know.

Logical
I know. I'm just curious as to how the hell my addy could already be used. It boggles the mind.LOL some bastard had chosen Logical (the imposter) so I had to use VladLogicslav as one word.

Count Alex's Losses
12-03-2005, 02:05 AM
Personally I hate the look of their forums.

jAZ
So when the scout says "Unlimited access to the entire Scout.com Network" does that mean all premium boards and premium content of all sites? I've considered joining the scout board for the Arizona Wildcats. If I get premium there would i get premium at any scout board for 9.95/month?

Raiderhader
I don't remember registering over there either... But apparently I did. I'm guessing it was a long time ago, given that I don't remember...

...unless the government did it!

Apparently you did, I didn't. I don't sign up for a board just for the hell of it. I only do so if I am going to post on it, and I have not posted on that board before.

Raiderhader
12-03-2005, 02:11 AM
LOL some bastard had chosen Logical (the imposter) so I had to use VladLogicslav as one word.

It's just as well, Jim. You stopped being logical some time ago. ;)

Phobia
12-03-2005, 02:15 AM
So when the scout says "Unlimited access to the entire Scout.com Network" does that mean all premium boards and premium content of all sites? I've considered joining the scout board for the Arizona Wildcats. If I get premium there would i get premium at any scout board for 9.95/month?

That's my understanding. But if you sign up premium under WPI you get Chiefs related stuff - including a 2006 Girls of WPI calendar. The calendar is really well done. WeirdWolf had a hand in it.

Logical
12-03-2005, 02:16 AM
It's just as well, Jim. You stopped being logical some time ago. ;)True Dat, just that VladLogicslav combined kind of sucks, really needs to be two words.

Rausch
12-03-2005, 02:23 AM
Ok... someone else cracked the ice...

Allow me to bust all the way through it:

http://mb27.scout.com/fchiefsinsiderfrm1.showMessage?topicID=7029.topic

/bound to happen

Warpaint Illustrated Publisher Nick Athan is very pleased to announce that Phil Kloster has agreed to join the staff at Warpaint Illustrated.

Oh, hell no...

Rausch
12-03-2005, 02:24 AM
Personally I hate the look of their forums.

I think Athan's a douchebag.

And I wonder if I'm getting my CP hats now... :hmmm:

Nzoner
12-03-2005, 02:30 AM

I hope this a focking joke,no way am I paying $120 a year to post on a messageboard.There's too many other free sites with just as many assholes to converse with. :)

Phobia
12-03-2005, 02:33 AM
I hope this a focking joke,no way am I paying $120 a year to post on a messageboard.There's too many other free sites with just as many assholes to converse with. :)

You don't have to pay a nickel to post at Scout. Yes, there are subscriber services but they're not required.

Phobia
12-03-2005, 02:36 AM

Don't look now but Athan is providing more daily Chiefs coverage than the Star.

Why wouldn't you get them?

luv
12-03-2005, 02:38 AM

I ordered a shirt and a hat a week or two ago that I haven't gotten yet, either.

Stinger
12-03-2005, 02:38 AM

You know that is not saying much. It really doesn't take that much to out do the star

Rausch
12-03-2005, 02:39 AM

Which is why I had Chiefs Report before it went tits up.

JoPo is the only reason I read that rag.

Conflict of interest?

Count Alex's Losses
12-03-2005, 02:39 AM

The Star is free online.

luv
12-03-2005, 02:40 AM
What about the 37 Forever weekend? Still doing that at Zoners?

Phobia
12-03-2005, 02:40 AM
I ordered a shirt and a hat a week or two ago that I haven't gotten yet, either.

Last week. The wife just got back into town. She's been gone which is why Brad doesn't have his yet. I'm guessing your stuff shipped Friday.

Stinger
12-03-2005, 02:42 AM
I still say Phobia should have said he was going to run the Star BB just to see the reaction

ROFL ROFL

Phobia
12-03-2005, 02:43 AM
Which is why I had Chiefs Report before it went tits up.

JoPo is the only reason I read that rag.

Conflict of interest?

WPI is basically Chiefs Report reincarnated. They bought out Chiefs Report's info.

Nah - our agreement predated any conflict of interest.

luv
12-03-2005, 02:44 AM
Last week. The wife just got back into town. She's been gone which is why Brad doesn't have his yet. I'm guessing your stuff shipped Friday.
Cool. Thanks.

Rausch
12-03-2005, 02:44 AM
Last week. The wife just got back into town. She's been gone which is why Brad doesn't have his yet.

It took me months to pay so I'm not going to quibble over shipping time.

Phobia
12-03-2005, 02:46 AM
I still say Phobia should have said he was going to run the Star BB just to see the reaction

ROFL ROFL

Hell, it's been kinda brutal just with the Athan stuff. Heh heh.

Nick is just a guy like all of us. He's reporting what he hears from people who work at Arrowhead, like you or I would do if we had his contacts. Sometimes that stuff comes true. Sometimes it falls through. Nick has a pretty cool gig. Any one of us would love to have his level of exposure.

Rausch
12-03-2005, 02:48 AM
WPI is basically Chiefs Report reincarnated. They bought out Chiefs Report's info.

I'd love to see it turn into a valid news source. As you've pointed out the Star pretty much sucks. My dad lives in Tenn. and really no source for Chiefs info outside of myself.

I just never read anything by Athan and Co. that didn't sound like Talk Radio rumor.

Smack him about the face and head for me...

Nah - our agreement predated any conflict of interest.

Glad to hear it.

luv
12-03-2005, 02:51 AM
Will CP continue supporting the 37 Forever Foundation? I was looking forward to actually going to the 37 Forever weekend next year. Please don't tell me that will cease.

Rausch
12-03-2005, 02:56 AM
I was looking forward to actually going to the 37 Forever weekend next year.

Sure you were...

Phobia
12-03-2005, 02:57 AM
37 Forever will continue.

The rest of your questions will only be answered in time.

I'm NOT 37 Forever, I'm just a guy who helps run it. So 37 Forever is going nowhere. In fact, the 37 Forever website is still on the ChiefsPlanet server.

Stinger
12-03-2005, 03:04 AM
Hell, it's been kinda brutal just with the Athan stuff. Heh heh.

Well that is par for the course

Nick is just a guy like all of us. He's reporting what he hears from people who work at Arrowhead, like you or I would do if we had his contacts. Sometimes that stuff comes true. Sometimes it falls through. Nick has a pretty cool gig. Any one of us would love to have his level of exposure.

Listen you have to justify to me or anyone on this board for that matter - business is business and sometimes partners and projects have great starting intentions but don't work out. Does Nick deserve the critism he gets now from his past stories yes, can that change most definently yes.

I am glad that you have found something that you enjoy to me that is the most important thing. People are mostly afraid of change as you can see in the posts, but usally their fear is subsided after a little while. I believe that both boards will do very well.

schneider221
12-03-2005, 03:44 AM

i stopped reading the thread so this might be answered... but what i understand this is part of the SCOUt network so if you have ever registered at any scout board then you have an account created.... scout is the same company behind the popular KU board phog.net that has become famous for roy boys qoutes after reading the board.

i dont post much at any of the boards im on but i plan on checking it out because i am active on other scout boards

Sure-Oz
12-03-2005, 04:05 AM
goodluck phob's!

mikey23545
12-03-2005, 04:07 AM
I am really having some mixed emotions about this...I can't imagine Chiefs Planet being the same (at least not for long), and there's no telling what direction it will now head. To see this wild and crazy bunch splitting up and heading out into the internet wilderness is difficult to contemplate. After all, it's not the way this BB looks, how it's moderated, or any of that stuff - it's the people behind all these usernames that make it such an entertaining and enjoyable place...

Good luck, Phil....I hope the realization of your dreams doesn't herald the death of the Planet...

Pants
12-03-2005, 04:49 AM
That site looks like complete shit compared to this one. I was going to join the "new" site when I read the original post, but then I found out it wasn't really a new site and that it was based around an idiot with writing skills just above kcnut's level. I think I'll stay here for now.

Oh, and I wish nothing but the best to you, Phobia. You were a great moderator with just the right amount of moderation not to make this annoying or boring. Congratulations on the new opportunity and you really deserve it. I'll join when you turn that shite-looking site into the awesomeness that is CP, and I know you will. Anyway, good luck!

Rausch
12-03-2005, 04:57 AM
That site looks like complete shit compared to this one. I was going to join the "new" site when I read the original post, but then I found out it wasn't really a new site and that it was based around an idiot with writing skills just above kcnut's level.

ROFL

Rausch
12-03-2005, 04:57 AM
Wait....

Can you hook a brotha' up with a job?...

HemiEd
12-03-2005, 05:02 AM
Damn, like NZoner said, Merry Christmas. good luck to you Phil!

I would suggest you change the look over there ASAP, yek.

FloridaChief
12-03-2005, 05:35 AM
That site looks like complete shit compared to this one. I was going to join the "new" site when I read the original post, but then I found out it wasn't really a new site and that it was based around an idiot with writing skills just above kcnut's level. I think I'll stay here for now.

Agreeden. I mean...Nick Athan??? scout.com?? Jeebus--I'm still kicking my own ass for paying for a year's subscription to that shitrag. To be blunt, a retarded 6-year old could've published a better magazine. Yeah, I think I'll stay with the winning hand, too...

the Talking Can
12-03-2005, 06:25 AM
one last time:

I blame Nick Athan.

shakesthecat
12-03-2005, 06:39 AM
WOW

Phil, good luck and thanks for everything you've done here!

Gaz
12-03-2005, 07:03 AM
Best of luck, Phil.

xoxo~
Gaz
Surreptitiously wiping away a tear.

Goapics1
12-03-2005, 07:10 AM
Good luck Phil.

BTW, please take Endelt with you too.

j/k :)

Cochise
12-03-2005, 07:21 AM
Well, to his credit, I can't think of anything Athan has botched this year.

In fact I remember Phobia saying he had lunch with him or something, and told him that he had a credibility problem because his stories fall through and that he didn't write an article that sounded professional.

I can't help but chuckle though, at what an unholy alliance this would have seemed some time ago.

Oops, looks like Phob is banned now. Maybe he banned himself.

Skip Towne
12-03-2005, 07:25 AM
WTF is going on here?

Braincase
12-03-2005, 07:29 AM
Thanks and Good Luck, Phil.

If I can be of any assistance in either your new venture, or if Kyle would like some assistance tar and feathering various trolls, let me know. I can heat the tar up to a proper temperature.

Mile High Mania
12-03-2005, 07:42 AM
Very interesting... I knew he was wanting to make CP more than a forums, guess there was a breaking point. That other place is a bit rough looking.

Best of luck to you, Phil. The rest of you guys shouldn't fear too much, there's a reason you love being here, right? I don't think you log in to read Phobia's comments, so while it will be odd and some will leave, you have to roll with the punches.

Bob Dole
12-03-2005, 07:44 AM
Oops, looks like Phob is banned now. Maybe he banned himself.

Bob Dole did it. It should save some bandwidth.

Big Chief Homer
12-03-2005, 07:55 AM
Good Luck and Best wishes phobia,hope everything works out with the new site.Thanks for all you've done to make this the best site on the net.

Take care,BCH

cdcox
12-03-2005, 08:03 AM
Wow.

Good luck, on your new endeavor, Phil. The FOX people seem to be making a strong move in internet Sports coverage.

carlos3652
12-03-2005, 08:18 AM
Good Luck Phil, there are really not a whole lot I can say to this news other than congrats...

Thanks for the good times... Hopefully you can make that place a better one. - Hopefully you can keep posting here too...

- I think there would be a bigger fallot if Phil went somewhere else other than WPI. With all the WPI Hate (credibility issue) on this board it would be hard to see everyone split off...

Ari Chi3fs
12-03-2005, 08:37 AM
Right on. Good to see you doing something that will make you happy. I feel you will miss us CP idiots, and I suspect that you will have an alternate name or two to continue posting.

Its obvious that you had the vision to help CP become a full media outlet, seems that Kyle just goes under the radar and doesnt contribute to the potentiality.

We coulda been a contenda... coulda been somebody.

Saulbadguy
12-03-2005, 08:39 AM
no

Saulbadguy
12-03-2005, 08:43 AM
I'm seething with rage.

stevieray
12-03-2005, 08:43 AM
stagnant is an understatement.

I've known about this. I think it's awesome.

gochiefsplanet is in the rear view mirror.

nychief
12-03-2005, 08:44 AM
Warpaintillustrated? are you kidding me.

Remember to spell check, that site is a joke.

dirk digler
12-03-2005, 08:49 AM
Damn Phil this is sad for us but good news for you. You will be missed and I hope you turn WPI forums into a better CP. Is so I will be there.

BigRedChief
12-03-2005, 08:55 AM
Right on. Good to see you doing something that will make you happy. I feel you will miss us CP idiots, and I suspect that you will have an alternate name or two to continue posting.

Its obvious that you had the vision to help CP become a full media outlet, seems that Kyle just goes under the radar and doesnt contribute to the potentiality.

We coulda been a contenda... coulda been somebody.

We techies on the techincal committe know some of what went down behind the scenes but its not my place to say publically what happened in that private forum. Besides I think if I did I'd get banned.:rolleyes:

Kyle, You need to post something on the subject ASAP.

HemiEd
12-03-2005, 08:56 AM
I don't think you log in to read Phobia's comments, so while it will be odd and some will leave, you have to roll with the punches.

Actually, he is one of about two dozen that I do make sure I scroll up and read what they have posted.

Mile High Mania
12-03-2005, 08:56 AM
I just looked over there... guess they're getting what they wanted, I see lots of names from here.

digi2fish
12-03-2005, 09:05 AM
good luck, Phil, you're the best BB admin,
thank you for all the supportment and helps to this oversea fan

please keep in touch and let me know where you'll be going to,
you're a great friend to me.
:thumb:

Bwana
12-03-2005, 09:09 AM
LOL some bastard had chosen Logical (the imposter) so I had to use VladLogicslav as one word.
Indeed! Some SOB has Bwana over there as well so I ended up having to go with MontanaBwana. I must now hunt the other Bwana down and do away with him. :hmmm: I think I will drop into the new place every now and then, but will continue to post here for the most part.

BTW: Best of Luck with your new gig Phil. :)

big nasty kcnut
12-03-2005, 09:10 AM
good luck phil

Coach
12-03-2005, 09:11 AM
Holy shit! A kcnut sighting! :eek:

Best wishes Phil. Remember, the offer for my brother's ball game is still open. You got that PM with my number on it.

Coach

dirk digler
12-03-2005, 09:12 AM
I agree with BRC. We need to hear from Kyle.

NewChief
12-03-2005, 09:16 AM
I agree with BRC. We need to hear from Kyle.

Bring up smoking bans. That brings him out of the woodwork.;)

Mr. Kotter
12-03-2005, 09:29 AM

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Rain Man
12-03-2005, 09:37 AM
I feel like that guy who bludgeoned his parents to death and now misses them. I'm not exactly sure what happened, but I think it's bad.

memyselfI
12-03-2005, 09:37 AM
Phil,

I'll save the personal accolades for a PM. Publically, I'll just say 'good luck and good riddance...*'

*check your PM.

stevieray
12-03-2005, 09:38 AM
Phil,

I'll save the personal accolades for a PM. Publically, I'll just say 'good luck and good riddance...*'

*check your PM.

please stay here.

dirk digler
12-03-2005, 09:42 AM
Phil,

*check your PM.

I hope you were joking about good riddance.

Mr. Kotter
12-03-2005, 09:49 AM
please stay here.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE....do as Stevie asks. :banghead:

Mr. Kotter
12-03-2005, 09:51 AM
I feel like that guy who bludgeoned his parents to death and now misses them. I'm not exactly sure what happened, but I think it's bad.

And unless the other party offers an explanation, or his side of the story....this is getting weird already....

Raiderhader
12-03-2005, 09:52 AM
please stay here.

Please do not encourage the troll like that.

Rain Man
12-03-2005, 09:58 AM
Has anyone ever wondered if phobia is really Nick Athan, and the past five years has just been a clever ruse to market for his own site?

Kclee
12-03-2005, 09:58 AM
Good Luck Phil, I think... Who are you again?

Bwana
12-03-2005, 09:59 AM
Phil,

Very nice. :rolleyes: Now hop back on your broom and head back to the DC Cesspool.