PDA

View Full Version : Good luck Northwest Missouri State Bearcats

Reaper16
12-02-2005, 10:42 PM
The Bearcats football team plays in the national semi-finals tomorrow against Southeast Region champ North Alabama. Kickoff is tomorrow at 10:04 am. The game is televised nationally on ESPN U, locally in Maryville and St. Joe, and on Metrosports.

The Lions are the fastest team Northwest has faced all year; possibly better than PSU with Germaine Race. They have a dangerous return man, a stellar secondary, and an extremely balanced passing attack.

But Northwest is playing absolutely lights out on offense and defense. No one is stopping RB Xavier Omon and OB Josh Lamberson, who is playing like he did last season pre-injury. (Awesome note: Lambo just won the ESPN the Magazine Academic All-American of the year for the entire college football division.) The Bearcats are playing with heart and confedence. Hardly anyone is giving them a shot tomorrow, but they looked poised to upset a few people if they keep up their torrid pace.

I'd be down at Alabama, but theatre engagements are keeping me here. If we get past the Lions, and play for the National Championship next week, I'll most definately be down in Florence. GOOD LUCK tomorrow, Bearcats! :clap: :clap: :clap:

On the same note, good luck to another MIAA school, MO West, as it plays Concordia-St. Paul at the Mineral Water Bowl tomorrow in Excelsior. Represent the conference well.

Reaper16
12-03-2005, 09:03 AM
Kickoff, coming up!

Cochise
12-03-2005, 12:37 PM
Nice win - Northwest pulls the go-ahead touchdown with less than a minute to play and goes on to win, 25-24.

Never been done before - 4 straight road wins in the playoffs to advance to the D2 national title game next week against Grand Valley State.

Reaper16
12-03-2005, 12:43 PM
Florence, AL - Here we... stay.

Cochise
12-03-2005, 12:45 PM
Northwest should give me an all expenses paid trip to the game next week. They're undefeated when I am in Florence.

Reaper16
12-03-2005, 12:49 PM
Northwest should give me an all expenses paid trip to the game next week. They're undefeated when I am in Florence.
We're sure as Hell going to need you against Grand Valley State's monster of a team.

Bearcat2005
12-03-2005, 04:37 PM
Things were nuts up here when they pull that game off...party tonight.