PDA

View Full Version : Phil and Warpaint Illustrated

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
12-02-2005, 11:51 PM
sorry if this is a re-post//// this just hit my inbox a few minutes ago....

(Press Release)

Warpaint Illustrated Publisher Nick Athan is very pleased to announce that Phil Kloster has agreed to join the staff at Warpaint Illustrated.

For the last five years Phil Kloster has run the largest independent Chiefs
Message Board Community on the Internet at Chiefs Planet. His addition to the Warpaint Illustrated team continues our ongoing effort to make Warpaint Illustrated the best site for Chiefs news and talk on the internet.

Phil will be responsible for developing our message board community and he will also assist Publisher Nick Athan and the writing staff in game day activities as well as promotions and charity events in and around the Kansas City area. Phil is very excited about the opportunity and is looking forward to getting to know all the members of Warpaint Illustrated.

We are very excited that Phil Kloster has joined Warpaint Illustrated. Let's all
give Phil a resounding Warpaint Illustrated welcome.

Our message boards could not be in better hands.

Phil Kloster Highlights:

* KC Born, Iowa raised
* Lifelong Chiefs and NFL fan
* Local entrepreneur
* Married Father of three.
* Reside locally in the Kansas City Missouri area.
* For the past five years operated largest fan based Chiefs site on the internet
- Chiefs Planet.
* Current President of 'The 37 Forever Foundation' that is dedicated to the
memory of the late Joe Delaney.

Thank you,
WarpaintIllustrated.com Staff

ChiefsFire
12-02-2005, 11:55 PM
cats outta the bag already

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
12-02-2005, 11:58 PM
Ok...sorry, I haven't had a chance to read the boards this week.

ChiefsFire
12-02-2005, 11:59 PM
no worries

he just got outted in the other thread

Tribal Warfare
12-03-2005, 12:16 AM
Well, I'll say it ChiefsPlanet should be added to the links to the Warpaint Illustrated Forum list out of professional courtesy for Phobia

Dunit35
12-03-2005, 12:22 AM
Well, I'll say it ChiefsPlanet should be added to the links to the Warpaint Illustrated Forum list out of professional courtesy for Phobia

It wont be, arent we competition for them. Even though we are dominating them?

KChiefsQT
12-03-2005, 12:22 AM
I'm happy for Phil, :( I really am. But... but... what's gonna happen with Chiefsplanet. He runs the show, who's gonna be in charge, Endelt??

Douche Baggins
12-03-2005, 12:27 AM
I'm happy for Phil, :( I really am. But... but... what's gonna happen with Chiefsplanet. He runs the show, who's gonna be in charge, Endelt??

htismaqe and KCWolfman

Tribal Warfare
12-03-2005, 12:27 AM
It wont be, arent we competition for them. Even though we are dominating them?

When I looked on the forums list it had various Chiefs BB's. It's my belief that wiouldn't change, unless Phil can clarify the stipulations

KChiefsQT
12-03-2005, 12:31 AM
htismaqe and KCWolfman
I'm confused. Can't we all pay a subscription to keep Phob around?

Phobia
12-03-2005, 12:32 AM

It's not about money.

Phobia
12-03-2005, 12:33 AM
When I looked on the forums list it had various Chiefs BB's. It's my belief that wiouldn't change, unless Phil can clarify the stipulations

Those are all individual forums on our site. There are no other fan forums listed. All those forums are on Scout.

Deberg_1990
12-03-2005, 12:33 AM
Wow, this sucks.....i feel betrayed......

Stinger
12-03-2005, 12:34 AM
It's not about money.

What if we sent a search party to Mexico and find the truck?

Phobia
12-03-2005, 12:36 AM

Really? I'm sorry you feel that way. I hope you're the only one. I'm really trying to make the split as painless as possible.

Phobia
12-03-2005, 12:36 AM
What if we sent a search party to Mexico and find the truck?

I'm pretty sure I don't want it after it has been driving those roads for 6 months.

Deberg_1990
12-03-2005, 12:37 AM
Really? I'm sorry you feel that way. I hope you're the only one. I'm really trying to make the split as painless as possible.

Just a joke man, I really do wish you the best. You and this board have provided myself alot of good laughs the past couple of years.

KChiefsQT
12-03-2005, 12:39 AM
Don't say that. It's an opportunity he'd be crazy to pass up. It's just sad.

jAZ
12-03-2005, 12:41 AM
Is there really a split involved or is this a part-time side/merger project?

The Arizona Wildcats' Rivals board was a seperate board just like ChiefsPlanet and it eventually became part of Rivals. They actually maintain 2 boards... the original VBulletin board like this one is free and there and the premium boards on Rivals are linked to everywhere on the free board.

They also post links to the premium ariticles with teasers to encourage people to subscribe.

Seems like a reasonable marriage between CP and WPI could be had.

;)

Phobia
12-03-2005, 12:41 AM
Just a joke man, I really do wish you the best. You and this board have provided myself alot of good laughs the past couple of years.

Cool. That makes me feel better. I don't want anybody to get pissed over this thing. I wanted the Scout.com thing to play out differently but not everybody wanted the same things as me.

Phobia
12-03-2005, 12:43 AM
Is there really a split involved or is this a part-time side/merger project?

Full blown split.

jAZ
12-03-2005, 12:43 AM
In fact, I've always figured that since you became "part owner" of CP, that would be part of your big-picture plan for the planet. Start writing articles and position the Planet to move to a major network subscriber site.

jAZ
12-03-2005, 12:45 AM
Full blown split.
Should I stop asking questions and just go read everything in another thread? Does it have anything to do with the lack of free time that Kyle has to cotribute to the Planet or just a good opportunity to take some kind of a paycheck for all the work you are doing for free anyway?

jAZ
12-03-2005, 12:46 AM
I wanted the Scout.com thing to play out differently but not everybody wanted the same things as me.
What did you want to happen differently exactly? And do you stop posting here as well?

Phobia
12-03-2005, 12:49 AM
Should I stop asking questions and just go read everything in another thread? Does it have anything to do with the lack of free time that Kyle has to cotribute to the Planet or just a good opportunity to take some kind of a paycheck for all the work you are doing for free anyway?

I doubt the story will ever air, at least not through me. I'd say you're getting warm with your speculation. Quite frankly Kyle and I were a lot better friends than partners. We wanted different things from ChiefsPlanet, I think. I want something huge. I haven't yet figured out what he wants.

Raiderhader
12-03-2005, 12:49 AM
Jeez, Justin, give the man a chance to respond to one question before you ask 10 more.

Phobia
12-03-2005, 12:52 AM
What did you want to happen differently exactly? And do you stop posting here as well?

I wanted our entire site to move over to Scout. We could have preserved the name, appearance, and even archives.

I stop posting here as soon as people lose interest, I guess.

KChiefsQT
12-03-2005, 12:53 AM
I wanted our entire site to move over to Scout. We could have preserved the name, appearance, and even archives.I stop posting here as soon as people lose interest, I guess.

Why can't this happen?

CoMoChief
12-03-2005, 01:12 AM
sorry if this is a re-post//// this just hit my inbox a few minutes ago....

(Press Release)

Warpaint Illustrated Publisher Nick Athan is very pleased to announce that Phil Kloster has agreed to join the staff at Warpaint Illustrated.

For the last five years Phil Kloster has run the largest independent Chiefs
Message Board Community on the Internet at Chiefs Planet. His addition to the Warpaint Illustrated team continues our ongoing effort to make Warpaint Illustrated the best site for Chiefs news and talk on the internet.

Phil will be responsible for developing our message board community and he will also assist Publisher Nick Athan and the writing staff in game day activities as well as promotions and charity events in and around the Kansas City area. Phil is very excited about the opportunity and is looking forward to getting to know all the members of Warpaint Illustrated.

We are very excited that Phil Kloster has joined Warpaint Illustrated. Let's all
give Phil a resounding Warpaint Illustrated welcome.

Our message boards could not be in better hands.

Phil Kloster Highlights:

* KC Born, Iowa raised
* Lifelong Chiefs and NFL fan
* Local entrepreneur
* Married Father of three.
* Reside locally in the Kansas City Missouri area.
* For the past five years operated largest fan based Chiefs site on the internet
- Chiefs Planet.
* Current President of 'The 37 Forever Foundation' that is dedicated to the
memory of the late Joe Delaney.

Thank you,
WarpaintIllustrated.com Staff

Honestly, who gives a shit?!?!? I mean the guy is an Athan follower, which means he has just as much credibility as a 3 year old; and I'm being generous when I say that.

KChiefsQT
12-03-2005, 01:14 AM
Honestly, who gives a shit?!?!?
This may be the beginning of the end.

Douche Baggins
12-03-2005, 01:15 AM

Chiefsplanet's not going anywhere, barring a massive hacker attack.

Stinger
12-03-2005, 01:17 AM

Or it maybe the end of a new beginning. Which would mean that we are on the brink of being where we are.

:D

Phobia
12-03-2005, 01:17 AM
Honestly, who gives a shit?!?!? I mean the guy is an Athan follower, which means he has just as much credibility as a 3 year old; and I'm being generous when I say that.

Heh heh. Check the archives before you speak out of turn.

Fruit Ninja
12-03-2005, 01:19 AM
Athan always tries to take very cool dudes from Chiefs websites, he did the same at the coalition with Mighty Mike. I guess if they wanna do that cool. have fun.

Fruit Ninja
12-03-2005, 01:23 AM
This may be the beginning of the end.IF they moved it to scout.com then we would end up having to pay to post. And all ic an say is **** that, i wont ever pay anywhere to ****ing post what i can for free.

Nzoner
12-03-2005, 01:23 AM

There's an old ARS song I love that says,"I'm not gonna let it bother me tonight."

And with kick-off of one the biggest games for Chiefs fans in almost 2 years just a mere 37 hours away,I'm not gonna let it bother me for now.

Phobia
12-03-2005, 01:26 AM
IF they moved it to scout.com then we would end up having to pay to post. And all ic an say is **** that, i wont ever pay anywhere to ****ing post what i can for free.

You're mistaken.

Tribal Warfare
12-03-2005, 01:28 AM

I concur. Phobia is a great loss , but Chiefs Planet will still stay strong.

P.S. Good Luck Phil :thumb:

KChiefsQT
12-03-2005, 01:28 AM
There's an old ARS song I love that says,"I'm not gonna let it bother me tonight."

And with kick-off of one the biggest games for Chiefs fans in almost 2 years just a mere 37 hours away,I'm not gonna let it bother me for now.
I know... but I'm a worry wart.

Hog Rider
12-03-2005, 01:30 AM
Phobia, thanks, it's been a wild ride.

Too bad, my therapist thought I was making progress. Now i halv tp tell himn i Cant keep thise feeling inside, have to eggspress myself betrr .or will end upo like lost fan of bronco donkos. No ! Stopp telling!!! "Is there anybody out there!??? It is finished!

Good luck Phil, and thanks for the ride!

JP

Rausch
12-03-2005, 01:32 AM
I wanted our entire site to move over to Scout.

First, wish you the best of luck. Hope it works out. Been a pleasure to have you as part of my favorite BB (oh, and a place to crash.)

BUT........Athan?

Pass...

Nzoner
12-03-2005, 01:32 AM
You're mistaken.

Glad I used a smiley in the other thread

Rausch
12-03-2005, 01:34 AM
Phobia, thanks, it's been a wild ride.

Too bad, my therapist thought I was making progress. Now i halv tp tell himn i Cant keep thise feeling inside, have to eggspress myself betrr .or will end upo like lost fan of bronco donkos. No ! Stopp telling!!! "Is there anybody out there!??? It is finished!

Good luck Phil, and thanks for the ride!

JP

Taco John
12-03-2005, 01:35 AM

I'm pretty sure that this is the reason Phil is leaving.

beavis
12-03-2005, 01:37 AM
First, wish you the best of luck. Hope it works out. Been a pleasure to have you as part of my favorite BB (oh, and a place to crash.)

BUT........Athan?

Pass...
ditto

Phobia
12-03-2005, 01:38 AM

BUT........Athan?

Pass...

Athan runs the magazine. I run the boards.

beer bacon
12-03-2005, 01:39 AM

Oh shut the **** up. You joined less then a year ago, and you are giving the guy that has been carrying this site shit?

Rausch
12-03-2005, 01:41 AM
Athan runs the magazine. I run the boards.

So who owns the BB and Publication?

tk13
12-03-2005, 01:46 AM
I don't think any one person has ever been bigger than the Planet. I really don't. That's no offense to Phob because he might be my favorite poster but I think the machine kinda runs itself. I think some people will migrate over but that happens anyway. I don't blame Phob for doing what he did, he made a business decision and that's that.

I really don't blame Kyle for not wanting to go to Scout either. He's too inactive about things sometimes, but I really wouldn't like the idea of merging with them either if it was proposed to me. I like that we're kind of independent from any Chiefs news source. I mean I've always wanted ChiefsPlanet to be a better fan site but Nick Athan's #1 goal is to be a news source for Chiefs information and to make money off of his work. Nothing wrong with that, but I think there would be some clashing if you took the chunk of this board and put it on his website, because like any big fan site we question the media, and he is trying to be part of the media. I think there is a conflict of interest there, at least for the type of board we have here.

And in my personal opinion, I don't think he's handled that very well at times. I think he's done a better job of becoming a more trustworthy source of information, but he made some mistakes early on that hurt his credibility. That's just like a relationship, you burn the bridge enough, you just can't repair it because there's doubt in your mind. He's handled it okay I guess, but there have been times he's come on here and yelled at this guy or that guy and had thin skin. That makes me hesitant to just run over there because if he writes something I think is garbage I and others will say so, and he would have moderator powers over me if I did that, so that's kinda sketchy. I'm honestly not sure he's thick skinned enough to handle us. We'll see I guess if some people make the move.

Phobia
12-03-2005, 01:51 AM
he writes something I think is garbage I and others will say so, and he would have moderator powers over me if I did that, so that's kinda sketchy.

First, thanks for the kind words.

There's no way in hell you have to worry about that. Not a chance, not while I run the board there.

Phobia
12-03-2005, 01:54 AM
So who owns the BB and Publication?

Right now? He does.

Rausch
12-03-2005, 01:54 AM

There's no way in hell you have to worry about that. Not a chance, not while I run the board there.

:evil:

tk13
12-03-2005, 01:57 AM

Yeah... I understand. But it's just... different. It's like you don't go into someone's house and tell them the carpet is ugly. There might not be moderation, but he's gonna be right there reading the whole time, in his house. I don't know, that just seems kinda, odd....

I just guess if I were him, I wouldn't want this site anywhere near what I'm trying to do. I'm trying to sell my product. I'm surprised he's trying to do this.

Phobia
12-03-2005, 02:00 AM
Yeah... I understand. But it's just... different. It's like you don't go into someone's house and tell them the carpet is ugly. There might not be moderation, but he's gonna be right there reading the whole time, in his house. I don't know, that just seems kinda, odd....

I just guess if I were him, I wouldn't want this site anywhere near what I'm trying to do. I'm trying to sell my product. I'm surprised he's trying to do this.

I'm going to encourage everybody to say what's on their minds over there just like I have here. I've had people bitch about me here, in my house. It's not weird. It's interesting. Diversity breeds interest. Interest brings visitors. Visitors become members. Members build a community. I hope to facilitate all that.

KChiefsQT
12-03-2005, 02:02 AM
Wow... this has been a wierd night. I think I should go to bed now. Good luck Phil.

Phobia
12-03-2005, 02:06 AM
Wow... this has been a wierd night. I think I should go to bed now. Good luck Phil.

I'm right behind you.

luv
12-03-2005, 02:09 AM
I'm right behind you.
I wouldn't worry, qt. From what I hear about Phobia, you won't feel a thing. :)

KChiefsQT
12-03-2005, 02:10 AM
I wouldn't worry, qt. From what I hear about Phobia, you won't feel a thing. :)
What are you trying to do, get Pink all pissy with me. Keep it on the hush hush. :shake: :shake:

the Talking Can
12-03-2005, 05:09 AM
wow...this sucks

I'd rather listen to KCJonny sing than visit Warpaint....adios, phobia...good luck

Archie F. Swin
12-03-2005, 07:44 AM
Planet will outlast the WP site by a decade.

Ari Chi3fs
12-03-2005, 07:46 AM
Phildo has a lot of work to do, as it is very difficult to get into the message boards, without that subscription crap popping up all over the place, which I would say is why most threads over there have 0-4 posts on them, with early November threads still on front page.

BigRedChief
12-03-2005, 07:51 AM
I doubt the story will ever air, at least not through me. I'd say you're getting warm with your speculation. Quite frankly Kyle and I were a lot better friends than partners. We wanted different things from ChiefsPlanet, I think. I want something huge. I haven't yet figured out what he wants.
We techies on the techincal committe know some of what went down behind the scenes but its not my place to say publically what happened in that private forum. Besides I think if I did I'd get banned.:rolleyes:

Kyle, You need to post something on the subject ASAP.

Mile High Mania
12-03-2005, 07:58 AM
Phobia should have annouced this around 6pm on Sunday... it would have softened the blow from a loss to Denver.

stevieray
12-03-2005, 08:01 AM
Phobia should have annouced this around 6pm on Sunday... it would have softened the blow from a loss to Denver.

hey, at least this week you have a reason to be on the board during your game.

Mile High Mania
12-03-2005, 08:06 AM
hey, at least this week you have a reason to be on the board during your game.

Very true... but, I've only been here during a Denver game like twice this year... still don't understand why that drives you nuts. I dunno.

Likely won't be logged on a lot tomorrow though, just depends... it appears I have to paint the walls during the game. How nice... of all days to paint the living room. We're expecting kid #3 in June and I believe my wife is getting into the zone of "fixing up rooms" a bit early.

Enjoy the tailgate...

CoMoChief
12-03-2005, 08:07 AM
Oh shut the **** up. You joined less then a year ago, and you are giving the guy that has been carrying this site shit?

Well someone obviously has their panties bunched up in a knot. I didn't really think anyone was gonna be such a ****in crybaby about what I said, I guess I was wrong.

FYI just cuz someone hasn't been a "member" since the day this site opened up, means nothing about credibility. And quite frankly I could 2 shits about your opinion.

stevieray
12-03-2005, 08:08 AM
Very true... but, I've only been here during a Denver game like twice this year... still don't understand why that drives you nuts. I dunno.

Likely won't be logged on a lot tomorrow though, just depends... it appears I have to paint the walls during the game. How nice... of all days to paint the living room. We're expecting kid #3 in June and I believe my wife is getting into the zone of "fixing up rooms" a bit early.

Enjoy the tailgate...

poor guy, I remember when you used to tell I was giving you a hard time.

eventually you'll be driving a minivan.

dirk digler
12-03-2005, 08:10 AM
We techies on the techincal committe know some of what went down behind the scenes but its not my place to say publically what happened in that private forum. Besides I think if I did I'd get banned.:rolleyes:

Kyle, You need to post something on the subject ASAP.

I agree. Step up to the plate Kyle.

BTW, whatever happened to the revamped front page? Is that DOA now?

Hoover
12-03-2005, 08:19 AM
Phil

First of all best of luck man.

I don't know all the details about whats going on here at the Planet and what you main goal is, however if you have a dream and the drive to do something big, and you feel like people are holding you back, its best that you go.

Back when the star BB went to crap, I didn't want to leave, Gaz and others at one site, and then you had the planet. Its always hard to leave a place you consider home. I came to this site in August of 2000, and I'm glad I did. And while I enjoy this place, I think its crazy to think there are not thing we could do better. I wish you well, I've only had the opportunity to meet you once, but I think that was enough to show me that you are one hell of a guy and a damn great Chiefs fan.

Go Chiefs

Hoover

Mile High Mania
12-03-2005, 08:21 AM

Maybe that's the problem... I rid myself of the Yukon XL for an Odessey... maybe you knew that. It has pros and cons... :( Ah well, figured you were giving me a hard time, but sometimes ya just never know.

Later dude... heading off to birthday part for 3 year olds. Rocking good times.

Mile High Mania
12-03-2005, 08:22 AM
I feel like there should be a video slow playing with all the Planet highlights the last 5 years while Bon Jovi's "Never Say Goodbye" plays in the background.

Don't cry, guys.

stevieray
12-03-2005, 08:25 AM
Maybe that's the problem... I rid myself of the Yukon XL for an Odessey... maybe you knew that. It has pros and cons... :( Ah well, figured you were giving me a hard time, but sometimes ya just never know.

Later dude... heading off to birthday part for 3 year olds. Rocking good times.

You're a good guy, Brad.

don't take me serious. no one else does... :)

dirk digler
12-03-2005, 08:27 AM
I feel like there should be a video slow playing with all the Planet highlights the last 5 years while Bon Jovi's "Never Say Goodbye" plays in the background.

Don't cry, guys.

I am trying to hold back the tears. Just kidding. I am sad though it feels like this is beginning of the end of this place.

Plus the fact that is place is now void of any real leadership.

Mile High Mania
12-03-2005, 08:28 AM
You're a good guy, Brad.

And, rightfully so...

stevieray
12-03-2005, 08:29 AM
And, rightfully so...

ok, I wasn't kidding.

Mile High Mania
12-03-2005, 08:31 AM
I am trying to hold back the tears. Just kidding. I am sad though it feels like this is beginning of the end of this place.

Plus the fact that is place is now void of any real leadership.

It's a forum that Kyle created to rescue everyone from the Star... who knows if he wants more than that. If that's the case, you have to ask what you want. It's a kickass forums, lots of good people.

What type of leadership does a forums need? They had different visions... Sounds like WI is more what Phobia ultimately wanted to do, with the credentials and being affiliated with a news source. But, looks like the Forums is going to take some work, which is likely why he wanted to incorporate this place with WI.

HemiEd
12-03-2005, 08:33 AM

Ha ha, and we know he already does. I bet it has soccer stickers on the back as well. ROFL

dirk digler
12-03-2005, 08:35 AM

I do...sometimes :p

stevieray
12-03-2005, 08:37 AM
Ha ha, and we know he already does. I bet it has soccer stickers on the back as well. ROFL

no way in hell my wife would make me paint walls on gameday.

I hope he puts on the apron, so he doesn't get paint on his dress...

stevieray
12-03-2005, 08:37 AM
I do...sometimes :p

just wait....i'll have to work on that.

Mile High Mania
12-03-2005, 08:40 AM
No stickers yet.. well, aside from the li'l red Razorback in the back. The wife is 13 weeks preggo... so, I'm picking my battles. Thankfully, the game is on CBS.

Ok - out. (bastages)

KChiefs1
Welcome to the Dark Side Phil! Congrats!

dirk digler
It's a forum that Kyle created to rescue everyone from the Star... who knows if he wants more than that. If that's the case, you have to ask what you want. It's a kickass forums, lots of good people.

What type of leadership does a forums need? They had different visions... Sounds like WI is more what Phobia ultimately wanted to do, with the credentials and being affiliated with a news source. But, looks like the Forums is going to take some work, which is likely why he wanted to incorporate this place with WI.

I love this place and I agree there is lots of good people and I have made alot of friends here. But Kyle nevers says shit about anything about this place. You could tell in several posts Phil has made in the past that he was very frustrated with Kyle because he shows no interest in ChiefsPlanet.

You need some type of leadership in a forum or this place will get truly out of hand.

Mile High Mania
12-03-2005, 08:42 AM
I love this place and I agree there is lots of good people and I have made alot of friends here. But Kyle nevers says shit about anything about this place. You could tell in several posts Phil has made in the past that he was very frustrated with Kyle because he shows no interest in ChiefsPlanet.

You need some type of leadership in a forum or this place will get truly out of hand.

Yeah, I can agree with that ... I've heard from him offline and am not surprised by this at all. Hopefully it works out well.

Raiderhader
12-03-2005, 08:45 AM

Don't cry, guys.

That would be so appropriate, considering Phil hates Bon Jovi. :)

BigRedChief
12-03-2005, 08:46 AM

NADA chance on game day? 4321

Rain Man
12-03-2005, 08:51 AM

I'm offering an introductory special. 3 posts for a dollar.

Um....that'll be 33 cents, please.

HemiEd
12-03-2005, 08:53 AM

Mine either, she knows better than to even interrupt game day.

PastorMikH
12-03-2005, 09:05 AM
So Phil, will you still be around here posting as well or will you be dropping out completely?

Personally, I hate to think that you won't be around. I'm sure most people don't even realize it, but there's a lot of stuff behind the scenes that you do that keeps this place running decently.

Raiderhader
12-03-2005, 09:08 AM
So Phil, will you still be around here posting as well or will you be dropping out completely?

Personally, I hate to think that you won't be around. I'm sure most people don't even realize it, but there's a lot of stuff behind the scenes that you do that keeps this place running decently.

Judging from the "Banned" under his username, you'll have to head over to WPI to chat with him.

PastorMikH
12-03-2005, 09:17 AM
Judging from the "Banned" under his username, you'll have to head over to WPI to chat with him.

I was affraid of that. I am trying to get in over there, but they keep asking me for 100 bucks. I can't seem to get authorized for the free acount yet.

unlurking
12-03-2005, 09:20 AM
holy crap

guess you miss alot going to bed early

not a good note to wake up to

:(

Raiderhader
12-03-2005, 09:26 AM
I was affraid of that. I am trying to get in over there, but they keep asking me for 100 bucks. I can't seem to get authorized for the free acount yet.

I had my share of problems trying to access the site last night, but I never had anything asking for money.

PastorMikH
12-03-2005, 09:28 AM
I had my share of problems trying to access the site last night, but I never had anything asking for money.

It keeps wanting me to sign up for the insider bit before letting me post anywhere.

Bwana
12-03-2005, 09:31 AM
I get this:

Chiefs Insider - Apply for Access In order to gain access to Chiefs Insider, we request that you Apply for Access. Our Access Policy helps keep discussions lively, thoughtful, and spam free. To access this community, please click the "Apply for Approval" button. We'll notify you via email after your request has been reviewed.

Message from the Administrator of Chiefs Insider
Welcome to the fastest growing Chiefs site on the internet. We were there at the NFL combine. We have been first with all the Chiefs Free Agency news and we'll be at the draft! In order to gain access to our fast growing community, you must apply for membership. We like to learn about all of our potential members beforehand to ensure that our discussions are thoughtful, lively and spam free. If you are interested in becoming a member of this board, please click the button "Apply for Membership" and we'll approve you right away. Hey, it's free! Welcome to Warpaint!

Followed by this when I hit the Apply For Access:

(http://java script:history.back()) System Message

<HR>
Your application is still being reviewed. Further applications are not necessaryClick the back button on your browser to return to the previous page

Cochise
12-03-2005, 09:31 AM
It keeps wanting me to sign up for the insider bit before letting me post anywhere.

You can post over there for free. I just went to warpaintillustrated.com and hit message boards and signed up.

Kclee
12-03-2005, 09:33 AM

Yeah, same here.

OldTownChief
12-03-2005, 09:36 AM
Wonderfull, this is just ****ing great. Now we have to pay to read Phil's bullshit.

Raiderhader
12-03-2005, 09:43 AM
Wonderfull, this is just ****ing great. Now we have to pay to read Phil's bullshit.

No, we don't. I don't know how many times this has to be addressed. but it is a free site with membership upgrades.

HemiEd
12-03-2005, 09:44 AM
You can post over there for free. I just went to warpaintillustrated.com and hit message boards and signed up.

I did the same thing but if I want to read the posts or submit a post I go to a hundred dollar sign up procedure. Not a good start, I do not buy a car without driving it.

Kclee
12-03-2005, 09:45 AM
No, we don't. I don't know how many times this has to be addressed.

What's that sign LJ makes when he scores a TD?

wazu
12-03-2005, 09:46 AM

RNR
12-03-2005, 09:48 AM
Strange I tried to sign up and it says RedneckRaider is already taken.

ROYC75
12-03-2005, 09:51 AM
OK, what gives, it's not close to April Fools Day...... :rolleyes:

Gotta run, g/k's have a ball game........

Bob Dole
12-03-2005, 09:56 AM

Haven't you noticed? Everywhere you go, there's a RedneckRaider.

Cochise
12-03-2005, 09:58 AM

It's 30 pieces.

morphius
12-03-2005, 10:01 AM
Well, it was bound to happen I guess. Things just didn't move here at all. I'm still wondering what happen to the project manager over in Tech Committee, I know I slowed things down a lot with fighting off pneumonia for a month, so I feel a bit guilty.

I think it could be a good move for the 37 forever foundation, as Athen gets air time, so I hope that works out.

But I'm in a similar situation as Rausch, I don't trust Athan nor his buddy Jack Harry, and would rather have as little to do with either of them as possible. Not that it will probably stop me from joining eventually, but I'm going to have to see how this plays out.

chagrin
12-03-2005, 10:03 AM
Wouldn't even let me have chagrin!!!

That's a confusing, pain in the ass of a site. If'n it's so easy to log on and post, please step by step us raiderhater

PastorMikH
12-03-2005, 10:03 AM

Phob's probably already created logins for those he knew would follow and he's planning on charging you to get your screenname back.

PastorMikH
12-03-2005, 10:06 AM
Wow! Thier high poster over there only has 3,300 posts. ENDelt could pass him in less than a week!

Kclee
12-03-2005, 10:08 AM
Wow! Thier high poster over there only has 3,300 posts. ENDelt could pass him in less than a week!

ENDelt signed up over there this morning. That IS him.

wazu
12-03-2005, 10:08 AM
It's 30 pieces.

Damn.

PastorMikH
12-03-2005, 10:09 AM
ENDelt signed up over there this morning. That IS him.

ROFL

Raiderhader
12-03-2005, 10:11 AM
Wouldn't even let me have chagrin!!!

That's a confusing, pain in the ass of a site. If'n it's so easy to log on and post, please step by step us raiderhater

I never said it was easy, I had my share of problems last night as well. And I have not even attempted to post anything yet.

I followed the message board link in the right hand corner under "Fan Interaction" and once there clicked the "sign up for free link".

Dave Lane
12-03-2005, 10:13 AM
Or it maybe the end of a new beginning. Which would mean that we are on the brink of being where we are.

No this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. but it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning. Henceforth enemy trolls will meet equally well armed, and perhaps better armed troops. Hence forth they will have to face in many theatres of war that superiority in the Internet which they have so often used without mercy against others, of which they boasted all round the world, and which they intended to use as an instrument for convincing all other peoples that all resistance to them was hopeless....

We mean to hold our own. I have not become the Planet's First Minister in order to preside over the liquidation of the Planet. For that task, if ever it were prescribed, someone else would have to be found, and, under democracy, I suppose the Chiefs nation would have to be consulted. I am proud to be a member of that vast commonwealth and society of nations and communities gathered in and around the ancient AFC West, without which the good cause might well have perished from the face of the earth. Here we are, and here we stand, a veritable rock of salvation in this drifting world....

Dave

RedNFeisty
12-03-2005, 10:17 AM

There is only one true RedNeckRaider, and that would be you!!

RedNFeisty
12-03-2005, 10:17 AM
I will forever call this place home!!

RNR
12-03-2005, 10:18 AM
Phob's probably already created logins for those he knew would follow and he's planning on charging you to get your screenname back.
ROFL I just talked to him on the phone, and he said when he gets a chance he will find out if the redneck just screwed up something while signing up. The bill will most likely show up next week. :)

OldTownChief
12-03-2005, 10:19 AM
Phil? You still going to tailgate in the new Planet spot? If you don't we wont have anyone to laugh at and make fun of. I guess there's still Bob Dole.

morphius
Sweet, there had to be some idiot out there using morphius...

bastard.

unlurking
I never said it was easy, I had my share of problems last night as well. And I have not even attempted to post anything yet.

I followed the message board link in the right hand corner under "Fan Interaction" and once there clicked the "sign up for free link".

Try to post. This is what I get, AFTER having created an account and set my username...

Oh yeah, I "applied" at least an hour ago. I'm guessing it is a manual approval process as I have not yet received a response.

RNR
12-03-2005, 10:22 AM
I will forever call this place home!!
I will still stop in here. Phil is good people and I will stop in over there also. btw your right there is only one RedNeckRaider...and who else in thier right mind would claim that name :spock:

cdcox
12-03-2005, 10:23 AM
I'm guessing that Phil will change the harrassment procedure for posting rights, along with 95% of the other annoying aspects of that site. Give him some time.

Stinger
12-03-2005, 10:23 AM
hehe ... it is like the alternate universe syndrom appearently peoples user names and email addresses are being used at some other chiefs BB universe.

unlurking
12-03-2005, 10:25 AM
haha

bet that's the highest view count they've ever had, 18 member, 8 guests

morphius
12-03-2005, 10:26 AM
hehe ... it is like the alternate universe syndrom appearently peoples user names and email addresses are being used at some other chiefs BB universe.
Sadly I think they use the same names for ALL of scout network, and probably roll off user names as often as we do here.

chagrin
12-03-2005, 10:28 AM

It's the Bizarro CHIEFS Planet!

Raiderhader
12-03-2005, 10:31 AM
Try to post. This is what I get, AFTER having created an account and set my username...

Oh yeah, I "applied" at least an hour ago. I'm guessing it is a manual approval process as I have not yet received a response.

I just tried to post and got the same message. How many times does one have to apply to this place?

jspchief
12-03-2005, 10:32 AM
First off, The Planet is going to miss Phil. Besides being a great poster, he was a great ambassador for the website. He's probably one the most likeable people I've ever met, and makes the "real life" meetings easy for those of us that are new or don't know everyone. I think his hospitality and personality will be missed most in person.

Second, I'm disappointed. Nick Athan and Warpaint Illustrated are borderline crooked IMO. In general, I think the "service" they provide is a joke and comes nowhere near justifying the expense. Moreover, Athan has basically relied on fabricated news to generate interest. I'm suprised that Phil would align himself with someone who seems to lack professional integrity. Unfortunately I know very little about the business side of what Phil did for this website. Whether it be money, or something else, I'm sure he had his reasons for making the switch.

Finally, STOP GOING OVER TO THAT SITE! All you guys that are flocking over there are giving Athan exactly what he wanted. Even if you aren't paying for a subscription, you're generating hits and activity for that shithole. Don't reward that piece of shit con-man for stealing one of the best members of this BB.

Mr. Laz
12-03-2005, 10:33 AM
phil will make it another feasible BBS ... that's a good thing.

i also imagine certain people will follow him in a more permanent fashion.

Mr. Laz
12-03-2005, 10:39 AM
Finally, STOP GOING OVER TO THAT SITE! All you guys that are flocking over there are giving Athan exactly what he wanted. Even if you aren't paying for a subscription, you're generating hits and activity for that shithole. Don't reward that piece of shit con-man for stealing one of the best members of this BB.
i do agree with the fact that Athan is trying to "buy" members.

i guess we should of known is was coming back when Phil started talking about how Athan told him of news and he didn't leak it to the planet for a week until after the regular press broke the story.

then defended Athan as "knowing more than we think .... etc"

i suspect Athan was trying to weasel his way to get Phil back then.

It prolly made Phil feel wanted/important ... can't blame him.

there's been a different tone to Phil's posting for weeks imo.

RedNFeisty
12-03-2005, 10:43 AM
First off, The Planet is going to miss Phil. Besides being a great poster, he was a great ambassador for the website. He's probably one the most likeable people I've ever met, and makes the "real life" meetings easy for those of us that are new or don't know everyone. I think his hospitality and personality will be missed most in person.

Second, I'm disappointed. Nick Athan and Warpaint Illustrated are borderline crooked IMO. In general, I think the "service" they provide is a joke and comes nowhere near justifying the expense. Moreover, Athan has basically relied on fabricated news to generate interest. I'm suprised that Phil would align himself with someone who seems to lack professional integrity. Unfortunately I know very little about the business side of what Phil did for this website. Whether it be money, or something else, I'm sure he had his reasons for making the switch.

Well said!!

wazu
12-03-2005, 10:44 AM
Second, I'm disappointed. Nick Athan and Warpaint Illustrated are borderline crooked IMO...Moreover, Athan has basically relied on fabricated news to generate interest. I'm suprised that Phil would align himself with someone who seems to lack professional integrity...Don't reward that piece of shit con-man for stealing one of the best members of this BB.

Wow. I am barely aware of who Nick Athan is. The name sounds kind of familiar. He's he on sports radio or something? Surely his only claim to fame isn't that site.

SLAG
12-03-2005, 10:45 AM
Wow. I am barely aware of who Nick Athan is. The name sounds kind of familiar. He's he on sports radio or something? Surely his only claim to fame isn't that site.

He broke the breaking news to Jack Harry that Priest had a lump on his spine the size of Portugal and that priest would retire

RNR
12-03-2005, 10:46 AM
Well said!!
Will stop over ther because I consider Phil and friend. I spoke with him on the phone and he wishes nothing but good for the Planet.

RedNFeisty
12-03-2005, 10:48 AM
Will stop over ther because I consider Phil and friend. I spoke with him on the phone and he wishes nothing but good for the Planet.

I am not saying anything bad about Phil, I wish him the best of luck.

jspchief
12-03-2005, 10:53 AM
I hope this place weathers the storm and people stay here. It's always been more about the mambers than the location, but the idea that following Phil there would put money in Athan's pocket makes me want to vomit.

SLAG
12-03-2005, 10:54 AM
I hope this place weathers the storm and people stay here. It's always been more about the mambers than the location, but the idea that following Phil there would put money in Athan's pocket makes me want to vomit.

Dont Worry JSP

My Loyalitys Lie With the Planet.

ChiefsFire
12-03-2005, 10:56 AM
CPlifer here im afraid..

popped my cherry here,will grow old and die here

RNR
12-03-2005, 10:57 AM
This place will be fine, most who go over there will still post here. I have hung here for several years, and have seen this place go through many changes. There are many here with large post counts who have only been here a short time. When someone leaves someone else takes their place.

OldTownChief
12-03-2005, 10:57 AM
I am not saying anything bad about Phil, I wish him the best of luck.

This place will not be the same without him.

Phobia
12-03-2005, 10:59 AM
I'm guessing that Phil will change the harrassment procedure for posting rights, along with 95% of the other annoying aspects of that site. Give him some time.

Thank you. This is true. All this just finalized late last night. In fact, I signed the contract and posted the "Dear Friends" thread within 2 minutes of one another. I don't even think I have admin rights yet. Yes, there are 100 annoying nuances about that site. I'm going to try to eliminate most of them.

Ari Chi3fs
12-03-2005, 11:03 AM
haha... I just got it.

KlosterPhobia.

ClaustroPhobia...

Haha ha haah ah

:spock:

ok, Im slow.

:banghead:

Baby Lee
12-03-2005, 11:04 AM
Well, if the Planet is set to be destroyed by Hurricane Athan, count me as one of the old fools who'll perish in his home.

Raiderhader
12-03-2005, 11:04 AM
haha... I just got it.

KlosterPhobia.

ClaustroPhobia...

Haha ha haah ah

ok, Im slow.

Very, very, very slow. That's like been around for years.

jspchief
12-03-2005, 11:07 AM
Well, if the Planet is set to be destroyed by Hurricane Athan, count me as one of the old fools who'll perish in his home.The saddest part is, Athan may be the hurricane, but the blame goes on the person that has ignored the levies...

Ari Chi3fs
12-03-2005, 11:07 AM
The saddest part is, Athan may be the hurricane, but the blame goes on the person that has ignored the levies...

queue Led Zeppelin

ENDelt260
12-03-2005, 11:08 AM
We're going looting!

RedNFeisty
12-03-2005, 11:08 AM
haha... I just got it.

KlosterPhobia.

ClaustroPhobia...

Haha ha haah ah

ok, Im slow.

Damn, that is slow. ROFL

stevieray
12-03-2005, 11:09 AM
The saddest part is, Athan may be the hurricane, but the blame goes on the person that has ignored the levies...
501 or boot cut?

Mr. Laz
12-03-2005, 11:10 AM
Phil was the one who organized a large portion of the gathering events.

i imagine there will also be a separation between CP and the 37 forever foundation.

KcMizzou
12-03-2005, 11:10 AM

Finally, STOP GOING OVER TO THAT SITE! All you guys that are flocking over there are giving Athan exactly what he wanted. Even if you aren't paying for a subscription, you're generating hits and activity for that shithole. Don't reward that piece of shit con-man for stealing one of the best members of this BB.Great post.

I hate like hell to see Phil go... it sucks. I don't plan on leaving the Planet, though.

B_Ambuehl
12-03-2005, 11:11 AM
Does this mean that we no longer have to worry about getting neg rep for posting something that comes from Athan?

jspchief
12-03-2005, 11:12 AM
Does this mean that we no longer have to worry about getting neg rep for posting something that comes from Athan?No.

Nzoner
12-03-2005, 11:14 AM
We're going looting!

We need to get a headstart on that beer looter dude

Phobia
12-03-2005, 11:16 AM

Thanks for the kind words, Jeff. Nick has made mistakes, clearly. But he's trying to improve the value of the site and the magazine. This is one of the steps towards doing that. Nick isn't a con-man. He's just an amateur, like me, trying to make a lot of out very little. Now that scout.com has the backing of Fox Sports I think it is really going to get huge.

ENDelt260
12-03-2005, 11:16 AM
First.. I'm stealing a handtruck.

Then... my pickup bed is getting filled with kegs of high end beer.

Phobia
12-03-2005, 11:18 AM
He broke the breaking news to Jack Harry that Priest had a lump on his spine the size of Portugal and that priest would retire

That is inaccurate. Harry had his own sources. Nick wouldn't confirm for Jack before that story.

RNR
12-03-2005, 11:20 AM
Damn, that is slow. ROFL
Now I get it :banghead:

Bob Dole
12-03-2005, 11:23 AM

Phil who?

RNR
12-03-2005, 11:27 AM
Phil who?
You may not know him he used to post here from time to time.

jspchief
12-03-2005, 11:28 AM
Thanks for the kind words, Jeff. Nick has made mistakes, clearly. But he's trying to improve the value of the site and the magazine. This is one of the steps towards doing that. Nick isn't a con-man. He's just an amateur, like me, trying to make a lot of out very little. Now that scout.com has the backing of Fox Sports I think it is really going to get huge.I can differentiate between business and pleasure, and have little doubt that your decision was business driven.

You know how I feel about Athan, but moreover, I have a general disdain for the entire premise of the product that Scout Inc sells. They are standing next to a public well, selling water to people that could as easily use the that same well to get their own water for free. I've yet to see the difference between the free water and the $70 per year water. Athan is just the salesman.

Sure-Oz
12-03-2005, 11:29 AM
I'm staying here i wont go there, the people make this board awesome and it will stay awesome, even with phil gone but it still sucks.

Phobia
12-03-2005, 11:39 AM
Phildo has a lot of work to do, as it is very difficult to get into the message boards, without that subscription crap popping up all over the place, which I would say is why most threads over there have 0-4 posts on them, with early November threads still on front page.

You're looking for the Arrowhead Drive forum. The others aren't used much. The Chiefs Insider forum is the only subscription forum to my knowledge.

Phobia
12-03-2005, 11:49 AM
i guess we should of known is was coming back when Phil started talking about how Athan told him of news and he didn't leak it to the planet for a week until after the regular press broke the story.

then defended Athan as "knowing more than we think .... etc"

i suspect Athan was trying to weasel his way to get Phil back then.

It prolly made Phil feel wanted/important ... can't blame him.

there's been a different tone to Phil's posting for weeks imo.

I hope you know me better than that. I don't make shit up. At that time, a "deal" with Scout was virtually dead because they couldn't bring the whole Planet. Nick told me Priest Holmes was going on IR and likely retiring 4 days before the Jack Harry story broke. Period. No strings attached.

go bowe
12-03-2005, 11:55 AM
will the format change on wpi?

both the physical format (which currently sucks) and the topic/moderation format...

and will you still organize the 37 forever weekend next year and thereafter?

and is the chiefs planet tailgate spot now the wpi tailgate spot, or a mixture?

beer bacon
12-03-2005, 12:18 PM
Well someone obviously has their panties bunched up in a knot. I didn't really think anyone was gonna be such a ****in crybaby about what I said, I guess I was wrong.

FYI just cuz someone hasn't been a "member" since the day this site opened up, means nothing about credibility. And quite frankly I could 2 shits about your opinion.

You are retarded.

htismaqe
12-03-2005, 12:27 PM
Wow, I don't know what to say.

I feel good for Phil.

I feel bad for me and the rest of Chiefsplanet.

But hey, if you have ambition dude, follow it. Sometimes I wish I had more.

As for the person that suggested myself as going to run this place, don't kid yourself. I'm not nearly as involved as Phil was. I do think we'll need another mod sometime soon.

Ari Chi3fs
12-03-2005, 01:31 PM
T.O.bia

ROFL

Valiant
12-03-2005, 01:34 PM
Wow that sucks for us I guess...

Does this mean you are never coming back to post or just going to spend the majority of your time there??? I mean some of you ****ers are on here so much, 5% would be 100posts a week here...

Good luck phil, hopefully I will get to smack you around in a football game agian...

Sure-Oz
12-03-2005, 02:46 PM
Wow that sucks for us I guess...

Does this mean you are never coming back to post or just going to spend the majority of your time there??? I mean some of you ****ers are on here so much, 5% would be 100posts a week here...

Good luck phil, hopefully I will get to smack you around in a football game agian...
he said in another thread he'd stick it out "over there" until it becomes the shit basically and then he can possibly come back and post.

Skip Towne
12-03-2005, 03:24 PM
Sweet, there had to be some idiot out there using morphius...

bastard.
There is a message welcoming me by my email addy. Then it tells me SkipTowne is taken. I PM'd Phob and he said he would fix it when he got familiar with their software.

|Zach|
12-03-2005, 03:31 PM
We're going looting!ROFL

Skip Towne
12-03-2005, 03:33 PM
haha... I just got it.

KlosterPhobia.

ClaustroPhobia...

Haha ha haah ah

ok, Im slow.

Slow doesn't begin to describe what you are.

tk13
12-03-2005, 03:35 PM
There is a message welcoming me by my email addy. Then it tells me SkipTowne is taken. I PM'd Phob and he said he would fix it when he got familiar with their software.
Well, it's on a network, the Scout.com network, which has a ton of websites. Somebody along the network has probably already taken that name... I'm not quite sure there's anything you can do unless you become independent of Scout.

At least I think that's how it works. I've never posted on any Scout.com sites but I've posted on Rivals.com sites and my one username works across the network.

chiefs4me
12-03-2005, 03:41 PM

Don't worry honey..I'm not leaving ya....ROFL

ENDelt260
12-03-2005, 03:42 PM
Jebus krist, is any thread safe from the stench of your rotten box?

Stinger
12-03-2005, 03:43 PM
Don't worry honey..I'm not leaving ya....ROFL

Now I wanna vomit

Skip Towne
12-03-2005, 03:44 PM
Well, it's on a network, the Scout.com network, which has a ton of websites. Somebody along the network has probably already taken that name... I'm not quite sure there's anything you can do unless you become independent of Scout.

At least I think that's how it works. I've never posted on any Scout.com sites but I've posted on Rivals.com sites and my one username works across the network.
I don't really know what is going on but I am a member of the Jayhawk board that I think is owned by Scout.com. I use Skip_Towne on that site. I don't really care. I'll probably look the place over but it looks like absolute shit right now. That's most likely why they wanted Phil. To fix the putrid site and bring members to it.

tk13
12-03-2005, 03:47 PM
I don't really know what is going on but I am a member of the Jayhawk board that I think is owned by Scout.com. I use Skip_Towne on that site. I don't really care. I'll probably look the place over but it looks like absolute shit right now. That's most likely why they wanted Phil. To fix the putrid site and bring members to it.
Try logging in with your KU board name then. It should work if it's a Scout website. You wouldn't even have to sign up for anything.

|Zach|
12-03-2005, 03:47 PM
I don't really know what is going on but I am a member of the Jayhawk board that I think is owned by Scout.com. I use Skip_Towne on that site. I don't really care. I'll probably look the place over but it looks like absolute shit right now. That's most likely why they wanted Phil. To fix the putrid site and bring members to it.I am pretty sure the login you use for that Jayhawk site should work for the Chiefs one.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-03-2005, 03:52 PM
haha... I just got it.

KlosterPhobia.

ClaustroPhobia...

Haha ha haah ah

ok, Im slow.

ROFL me too buddy, don't feel alone. I've been laughing about that all morning.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
12-03-2005, 04:02 PM
Thanks but no.

When the Ravens site went over to Scouts, I signed up thinking it might be O.K. Now, I can't get them to quit sending me stuff about signing up for this or that subscription service. That's the last I posted over there.

I won't be going to Warpath Illustrated if it's on Scouts and I'm really sorry to see Phil going there too. I'm extremely happy that Chiefs Planet didn't go to them. The Ravens boards are not what they were when Scouts took over, that's for certain.

ENDelt260
12-03-2005, 04:09 PM
Phil will be back.

They always come back.

I, for one, plan to haze the shit out of him when it happens.

Douche Baggins
12-03-2005, 04:22 PM
FYI I'm not moving out of Phil's basement.

htismaqe
12-03-2005, 04:40 PM
I'm a scout member (I don't have a pay subscription), use it to get on HawkeyeNation every once in a while.

1) I won't pay to use a message board, so...

2) the quantity and quality of posts over there doesn't really do it for me

3) I get quite a bit of spam from HawkeyeNation...