PDA

View Full Version : Last comment for the evening regarding Phil

ChiTown
12-03-2005, 09:42 PM
Then I got to get rested up for the big game tomorrow.

Dear Phil:

Thanks for helping start this place (as a charter member myself). It's the best site I've ever visted, and I never plan on leaving, no matter how many people send me hate mail :)

In short, you've been a tremendous asset to this place, but don't let the door hit you in the ass. Leaving to go to a rival site makes me want to give you a quick kick to your cyber nuts.

Your choice, dude, I'm not the one that has to work for a guy with a Chiefs IQ of 3. Good luck.

kc1977
12-03-2005, 09:48 PM

Dear Phil:

Thanks for helping start this place (as a charter member myself). It's the best site I've ever visted, and I never plan on leaving, no matter how many people send me hate mail :)

In short, you've been a tremendous asset to this place, but don't let the door hit you in the ass. Leaving to go to a rival site makes me want to give you a quick kick to your cyber nuts.

Your choice, dude, I'm not the one that has to work for a guy with a Chiefs IQ of 3. Good luck.

No kidding.

And thanks to Kyle for not giving in to Phil and the money, as apparently he was offered to do so. Can you imagine coming here only to find it was merged with WPI? Holy Crap.

penguinz
12-03-2005, 09:51 PM
No kidding.

And thanks to Kyle for not giving in to Phil and the money, as apparently he was offered to do so. Can you imagine coming here only to find it was merged with WPI? Holy Crap.
Why would you thank Kyle for ignoring this site?

Chiefs Pantalones
***** Phil!!! ROFL

unlurking

Dear Phil:

In short, you've been a tremendous asset to this place, but don't let the door hit you in the ass. Leaving to go to a rival site makes me want to give you a quick lick to your cyber nuts.

Ugh man. I agree with much of your post, but I don't want to hear about you licking his nuts.
:Lin:

jaxchiefsclub
12-03-2005, 10:02 PM
I haven't been here for awhile what's the deal with phil?

siberian khatru
12-03-2005, 10:04 PM

He's a whore.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-03-2005, 10:04 PM

Sell out prick who likes to wear pink. ROFL

siberian khatru
12-03-2005, 10:05 PM
Sell out prick who likes to wear pink.

On his face.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-03-2005, 10:06 PM
On his face.
ROFL

tk13
12-03-2005, 10:07 PM
Why would you thank Kyle for ignoring this site?
I still think Kyle made the right decision. I understand the arguments to get more people involved, but I'm glad he didn't sell us down the river to a Scout.com website.

Katipan
12-03-2005, 10:08 PM
I had a really great comment regarding Phil, but I wanted to be last. :(

Sure-Oz
12-03-2005, 10:09 PM
screw scout.com and their pay bs, this board is going to kick ass regardless.

Fruit Ninja
12-03-2005, 10:10 PM
**** WPI.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-03-2005, 10:10 PM
I still think Kyle made the right decision. I understand the arguments to get more people involved, but I'm glad he didn't sell us down the river to a Scout.com website.

Yeah. IMO, usually when a free site goes to a pay site, it turns gay. I don't see what there is to change about this site. I don't see the argument. Why try to fix something that isn't broke?

Sure-Oz
12-03-2005, 10:11 PM
Yeah. IMO, usually when a free site goes to a pay site, it turns gay. I don't see what there is to change about this site. I don't see the argument. Why try to fix something that isn't broke?
why pay for info that you will get for free anyway? kinda like that espn insider bullshit.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-03-2005, 10:12 PM
Kyle doing nothing to this site is for the best, IMO. There is nothing to change about it. It's fine the way it is. If he (Phil) wants to make some jack, work more hours at his original job or get a second one.

Fruit Ninja
12-03-2005, 10:13 PM
Yeah. IMO, usually when a free site goes to a pay site, it turns gay. I don't see what there is to change about this site. I don't see the argument. Why try to fix something that isn't broke?when they go to pay site, they wouldnt be able to talk about "football" as much becuse they want to save it for thier "real fan base" the paying customers. You can get just about the same shit over at the planet or coalition for free. Its really not worth it at all. Glad the boss of this site didnt sell out.

Halfcan
12-03-2005, 10:15 PM
Sorry but this site usually has all the news before it hits big. The Planet Rocks!

Chiefs Pantalones
12-03-2005, 10:17 PM
Nick- Welcome aboard, Phil.

Phil- Thanks.

Nick- Great. We need you to start making up shit as fast as you can, and post it on the website, okay? Great. Thanks. Talk to you in a bit, I'm going to get a bite to eat.

Phil- What?

Talisman
12-03-2005, 10:17 PM
Leaving to go to a rival site makes me want to give you a quick kick to your cyber nuts.

You may be able to do that sooner than you think...

Cyber Hugs (http://www.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,3604,1652918,00.html#article_continue)

From hens to humans - the cyber hug suit

John Aglionby, south-east Asia correspondent
Tuesday November 29, 2005
The Guardian

Fancy a hug but you're miles from your loved-one? Well fret not because soon you will be able to send your squeeze and caress to exactly the part of a person's body you want via the internet.

That's the hope of Singaporean researcher James Teh, who has developed a "hug suit" for poultry and wants to extend it to humans.

The technology involves the fowl at "home" wearing a wireless, sensor-rigged "jacket" and being tracked by a video camera, Singapore's Straits Times newspaper reported yesterday.

The information is transmitted via the internet to the "office", where the hen's movements appear on the owner's terminal as a 3D model. When the owner touches the model, the instructions are translated into data and then into a series of vibrations emitted by the jacket worn by the hen.

Human-to-human virtual hugging should not be far away, although it took two years of work to get this far, 24-year-old Mr Teh, who works at the island state's Nanyang Technological University, was quoted as saying.

Mr Teh's grand plan is for two people to wear pyjama suits similar to the chicken "jacket" and then, if everything goes according to plan, each suit will receive signals via the internet and interpret the data to adjust to changes in pressure and temperature.

Adrian Cheok, Mr Teh's supervisor, thinks there will be enormous demand for the suits. "These days, parents go on a lot of business trips; but with children, hugging and touching are very important parts of communication," he told the newspaper.

-------------------

Mr. Teh... I wonder if his last name is Ghey.

Sure-Oz
12-03-2005, 10:18 PM
Nick- Welcome aboard, Phil.

Phil- Thanks.

Nick- Great. We need you to start making up shit as fast as you can, and post it on the website, okay? Great. Thanks. Talk to you in a bit, I'm going to get a bite to eat.

Phil- What?
lmfao

chiefsplanet>*

Anyong Bluth
12-03-2005, 10:21 PM
I go on Phog.net - which is now a scout site, but wasn't when they started, and its still a pretty great site. As long as they mods are cool and they know how to make sure the site is easy to navigate then its really not a big deal.

On Phog, they have a premium forum, but more of the news get filtered to the free within a few days- minus the interviews or video they do themselves. And even that usually gets out if its of any significance.

If this place would have the same policies that it does now, not many would even notice the difference probably and would skip past the promo stuff and front page premium articles just like you jump the the lounge now.

As long as I can be crude and say shit and keep the very loose restrictions we have now- there's really no difference.

Besides- maybe Phil can keep NA from putting out filler stories of fluff that have a mirage of typos in them. I am not even a grammer nazi, but some of those things are an eyesore to read!

Word of advice - Disassociate with Jack Harry if you want to maintain any semblance of journalistic integrity.

Peace and Good LUCK$$!!

chiefs4me
12-03-2005, 10:21 PM

I think you might be having to good of a time with this...ROFL

Chiefs Pantalones
12-03-2005, 10:22 PM
I think you might be having to good of a time with this...ROFL

No really...he wears pink. ROFL

Mr. Kotter
12-03-2005, 11:14 PM

I hope you are kidding, Cody... :shake:

Ari Chi3fs
12-03-2005, 11:18 PM
so I guess we can post Premium ChiefsInsider content without it getting deleted now, eh?

Phil was always peculiar about that. heh.

Logical
12-03-2005, 11:23 PM
All I can say is Phil has his work cut out for him at the new BB. All Kyle's cool format customizations are not present. There is no community there as far as I can tell. Traffic is slow, I think it will be quite a project. Right now other than Phil himself there is not a single thing that would cause me to want to post there. As much as I like Phil that is just not enough to make me a regular.

go bowe
12-03-2005, 11:37 PM
i'm having trouble staying regular...

more fiber, more fiber, bring more fiber...

Wile_E_Coyote
12-04-2005, 12:15 AM
Nick Athan what's the real reason he left CP

elvomito
12-04-2005, 12:17 AM
i'm having trouble staying regular...

more fiber, more fiber, bring more fiber...
hey man i'm concerned for you...
i happened to stumble upon a website that'll help clean a person's colon with dietary supplements.
so, the people here: http://www.drnatura.com/ say that if you take their pills, you might be able to eliminate things like this from your colon: http://www.drnatura.com/picture_gallery.html

SNR
12-04-2005, 12:33 AM
I have no hard feelings against Phil. When it comes down to it, more opportunities came available with this new gig, so that's what he took. I'm cool with that.

That being said, I really don't feel like posting over there. The last thing I want to have happen is for this to be like a Planet/NEPA rivalry.

ChiefsFire
12-04-2005, 12:40 AM
maybe this is a covert operation where Phil has crossed over to the enemy side and will soon be stealing all their "top secret" insider info....
nevermind,its late and im tired..continue

Logical
12-04-2005, 12:49 AM
The last thing I want to have happen is for this to be like a Planet/NEPA rivalry.Agreed

BigMeatballDave
12-04-2005, 12:59 AM
All I can say is Phil has his work cut out for him at the new BB. All Kyle's cool format customizations are not present. There is no community there as far as I can tell. Traffic is slow, I think it will be quite a project. Right now other than Phil himself there is not a single thing that would cause me to want to post there. As much as I like Phil that is just not enough to make me a regular.Agree completely. There is only one Planet. This place is home...

Ultra Peanut
12-04-2005, 01:44 AM
I still think Kyle made the right decision. I understand the arguments to get more people involved, but I'm glad he didn't sell us down the river to a Scout.com website.Damn straight.

**** WPI, **** "ChiefsInsider," and **** Scout. And **** the alpaca they rode in on. I'm not saying that out of hatred, I'm saying that of ambivalence. No, really.

Pants
12-04-2005, 03:10 AM
What if we got all the WPI members to convert and come here, that would be some f*cking irony...

Also, this is to FireMeBoy... stop being such a little bitch. Phobia wasn't Chiefsplanet, just because he left, doesn't mean no one will be posting here anymore. Yeah, he'll be missed, but this this site > WPI even with Phobia there.

tk13
12-04-2005, 03:19 AM
Yeah, we will survive. I was a tad bit concerned last night. But after seeing it through for a day, as long as Kyle keeps the motor running on this place, we'll crank it out. This site is member driven, we only need moderators for the occasional idiot, if this place fails it's our fault, not Phob's.

Now we just need gochiefs to create a Chiefsplanet version of "I will survive".

Taco John
12-04-2005, 03:30 AM
i happened to stumble upon a website that'll help clean a person's colon with dietary supplements.
so, the people here: http://www.drnatura.com/ say that if you take their pills, you might be able to eliminate things like this from your colon: http://www.drnatura.com/picture_gallery.html

The Colonix Program helped me remove this from my colon - photo #6

HOLY SHIT! ROFL

Ari Chi3fs
12-04-2005, 07:04 AM

HOLY SHIT! ROFL

ugh.

Braincase
12-04-2005, 07:10 AM

HOLY SHIT! ROFL

That's what happens when you leave used condoms in yer ass, I guess.

gblowfish
12-04-2005, 07:43 AM

HOLY SHIT! ROFLThats perhaps the nastiest website ever ever ever... How am I supposed to choke down this shredded wheat now?

Bob Dole
12-04-2005, 07:44 AM
Thats perhaps the nastiest website ever ever ever... How am I supposed to choke down this shredded wheat now?

Bob Dole wonders how you choke that crap down anyway...

dirk digler
12-04-2005, 07:52 AM
Yeah, we will survive. I was a tad bit concerned last night. But after seeing it through for a day, as long as Kyle keeps the motor running on this place, we'll crank it out. This site is member driven, we only need moderators for the occasional idiot, if this place fails it's our fault, not Phob's.

Now we just need gochiefs to create a Chiefsplanet version of "I will survive".

Yep I feel the same way now tk. Yesterday I was a bit a down and concerned today not so much. This place is home and unless it dies I won't leave.

Though IMHO, this place does need some major improvement on the technical side and I hope Kyle will address this issue or let someone try to fix the problems. We still haven't seen our new frontpage.

Skip Towne
12-04-2005, 08:09 AM
Warpaint sent me an email announcing the hiring of Phil Kloster. But when I go over there, they tell me SkipTowne is already taken. What a Klosterf*ck.

Bob Dole
12-04-2005, 08:18 AM
Warpaint sent me an email announcing the hiring of Phil Kloster. But when I go over there, they tell me SkipTowne is already taken. What a Klosterf*ck.

If you got an email announcement, you must have registered at some point in the past. How else would they have your email address?

Senility is a terrible thing.

morphius
12-04-2005, 08:29 AM
If you got an email announcement, you must have registered at some point in the past. How else would they have your email address?

Senility is a terrible thing.
Damn noobs...

Sure-Oz
12-04-2005, 11:34 AM
I never was concerned of this place after he left, as long as kyle keeps it we are just fine.

Ari Chi3fs
12-04-2005, 11:40 AM
Who is this Phil guy, people are talkin about? I know of no such person.

:shrug:

chiefs4me
12-04-2005, 11:56 AM
Who is this Phil guy, people are talkin about? I know of no such person.

:shrug:

He's nothing but a ghost now...that being said I have been to many different message boards, not all football, and there is not another one like this place on the web....PBJ it rocks...thank you kyle...and I am not mad...but I feel that he could of waited until after xmas or at least until after this game today....:shrug:

Ari Chi3fs
12-04-2005, 11:58 AM
i agree, it could have been handled after this weekends game.

wait.

Did I just agree with C4me? wtf?

chiefs4me
12-04-2005, 12:12 PM
i agree, it could have been handled after this weekends game.

wait.

Did I just agree with C4me? wtf?

ROFL PBJ

I havent been here very long at all, so I can't imagine the loss some of you are feeling, sort of like your best friend moved away......:(

go bowe
12-04-2005, 12:20 PM
so, the people here: http://www.drnatura.com/ say that if you take their pills, you might be able to eliminate things like this from your colon: http://www.drnatura.com/picture_gallery.html thanks for the concern, really...

but at my age if i eliminated shit like that, there wouldn't be anything left to hold my colon together...

WisChief
12-04-2005, 12:23 PM
I never was concerned of this place after he left, as long as kyle keeps it we are just fine.

Didn't Kyle mention in one of these threads that he would be updating us?

And has anyone else wondered why Fox didn't just buy this site and all it has to offer?

Hoover
12-04-2005, 12:23 PM
Hoover was taken over there as well.

I love the Planet and I'm not going anywhere. I wonder is there anything a group of us could do to make sure the planet stays as is, can we get a group of investors or Board members that can guide this BB into the future?

Bob Dole
12-04-2005, 12:33 PM
Didn't Kyle mention in one of these threads that he would be updating us?

And has anyone else wondered why Fox didn't just buy this site and all it has to offer?

Because Kyle did not want to sell.

Bob Dole
12-04-2005, 12:40 PM
Hoover was taken over there as well.

I love the Planet and I'm not going anywhere. I wonder is there anything a group of us could do to make sure the planet stays as is, can we get a group of investors or Board members that can guide this BB into the future?

Why would anything here change?

No doubt that Phil did a lot as far as merchandising and acting as an ambassador. Bob Dole firmly believes that someone(s) local to KC will step in and fill the void. From where Bob Dole sits (admittedly, not in KC), folks are already stepping up to continue the tailgating.

His leaving shouldn't significantly negatively impact the content of the site unless people abandon ship and let it and it will have no impact at all on the way the site is moderated.

NewChief
12-04-2005, 12:49 PM

HOLY SHIT! ROFL

Not good viewing while nursing a hangover. I almost tossed my cookies.

Bob Dole
12-04-2005, 01:06 PM
And so it's not misinterpreted, Bob Dole would like to add that he considers Phobia and Pink two of his dearest friends, and that Bob Dole is in no way dismissing their contribution to this virtual community.

There's more than enough room for multiple Chiefs-related sites on the net, and Bob Dole truly believes that we'll all benefit in the long run.