PDA

View Full Version : So my boss is trying to make me work next Sunday!

Dunit35
12-03-2005, 11:31 PM
I started working at Pizza Hut about a month ago and on my application I put down that I could not work on Sundays. I didnt want to work Sundays so I could watch the games. I would rather watch the Chiefs game then make 15-20 bucks. When they hired me, they said there was no problem with me not working Sundays. WTF, they scheduled me to work 5-9. The game is at 3:15 next week. This seriously pisses me off. :cuss:

Mecca
12-03-2005, 11:33 PM
I'm gonna need you to come in to work next Sunday,mmmmmmmmmkay.

Count Alex's Wins
12-03-2005, 11:33 PM
Call in sick.

tk13
12-03-2005, 11:34 PM
Tell him you're quitting to go work for Nick Athan.

Chiefs Pantalones
You should quit.

Coach
Use your application to back you up that you can't work on Sundays.

Chiefs Pantalones
ROFL

siberian khatru

Manager: "Weird. That's the second guy today to tell me that."

Guru
The question here is, do they know the REAL reason you didn't want to work Sundays?

Dunit35
12-03-2005, 11:35 PM
They cant put me to work on Sunday without asking me, since on my application it says I cant work Sundays right?

Fire Me Boy!
12-03-2005, 11:35 PM
Yup... you put on your application that you were unavailable on Sundays. Tell him you can't work, just like you said WHEN HE HIRED YOU! Then, if he says anything, use religion to back it up. Tell him Sunday is the Sabboth, and you're not supposed to work on the Sabbath.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-03-2005, 11:36 PM
Manager: "Weird. That's the second guy today to tell me that."

ROFL

Sweet action.

Mecca
Tell them you can't work, that's the day you get your enema.

Dunit35
You should quit.

I could do that, Im going home for vacation in 2 weeks anyways and I got a big loan coming in January that will give me money. Im just using this job to pay my $75 phone bill a month.

Mecca
12-03-2005, 11:37 PM
Yup... you put on your application that you were unavailable on Sundays. Tell him you can't work, just like you said WHEN HE HIRED YOU! Then, if he says anything, use religion to back it up. Tell him Sunday is the Sabboth, and you're not supposed to work on the Sabbath.

You must be Walter from the Big Lebowski.

Dunit35
12-03-2005, 11:37 PM

Ha, I thought about that earlier. Tell them I go to church at 6 p.m.

Dunit35
12-03-2005, 11:38 PM
The question here is, do they know the REAL reason you didn't want to work Sundays?

It shouldnt matter what my real reason is, should it?

Chiefs Pantalones
I could do that, Im going home for vacation in 2 weeks anyways and I got a big loan coming in January that will give me money. Im just using this job to pay my $75 phone bill a month.

I would only quit if you could get free pizza somewhere else...

If not, don't...

siberian khatru
Be careful how you play this, Dunit35. You don't want to endanger your future career at Pizza Hut.

Count Alex's Wins
12-03-2005, 11:39 PM
Ha, I thought about that earlier. Tell them I go to church at 6 p.m.

Don't tell them that. They will try to get your ass in there earlier in the day.

Dunit35
I would only quit if you could get free pizza somewhere else...

If not, don't...

Free pizza my ass. If I work more than 4 hours in a day I get 50% off menu price and while Im working I can have a personal pan for 25 cents.

Guru
Be careful how you play this, Dunit35. You don't want to endanger your future career at Pizza Hut.

LOL ROFLROFLROFL

Chiefs Pantalones
12-03-2005, 11:40 PM
Free pizza my ass. If I work more than 4 hours in a day I get 50% off menu price and while Im working I can have a personal pan for 25 cents.

You gotta quit that shit!!!

Dunit35

Hahaha. Thats just what I want, a CAREER at Pizza Hut. Im going to college so I dont have a CAREER at Pizza Hut.

Mecca
I think if you quit, you should steal some pizza for us planet members.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-03-2005, 11:41 PM
How much do you make there now?

Dunit35
12-03-2005, 11:42 PM
I think if you quit, you should steal some pizza for us planet members.

I should wait to quit and then quit the day before 37 forever weekend and bring like 15 pizzas. That would be cool

Dunit35
12-03-2005, 11:43 PM
How much do you make there now?

A whoping $5.45. That is why I go home for break cause I make $7.15 an hour at a similar job/easier restuarant job.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-03-2005, 11:45 PM
A whoping $5.45. That is why I go home for break cause I make $7.15 an hour at a similar job/easier restuarant job.

Ouch.

Yeah you really need to start getting free pizza there for yourself to even things out.

Just say you accidently made the wrong type of pizza...then eat it.

Fire Me Boy!
12-03-2005, 11:45 PM
You must be Walter from the Big Lebowski.
ROFL

I had a friend tell me the other day I reminded him of Walter!

Dunit35
12-03-2005, 11:48 PM
Ouch.

Yeah you really need to start getting free pizza there for yourself to even things out.

Just say you accidently made the wrong type of pizza...then eat it.

I could defiantely do that. One night we were extremely busy and people messed up like 20 pizzas.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-03-2005, 11:49 PM
I could defiantely do that. One night we were extremely busy and people messed up like 20 pizzas.

In high school, I used to work at a place called Breadeaux Pizza. Best pizza, IMO. We would mess pizzas up on purpose. And when were weren't busy, we'd eat them there, or take them home. It was heaven. ROFL

Dunit35
12-03-2005, 11:51 PM
In high school, I used to work at a place called Breadeaux Pizza. Best pizza, IMO. We would mess pizzas up on purpose. And when were weren't busy, we'd eat them there, or take them home. It was heaven. ROFL

Yeah, I worked at the Pizza Hut back home and we use to take all kinds of food home when we closed. My dad (wolfpack0735) would have to go to work at 1130 (about the time I got off) and I would load his truck up with pasta, pizza or anything he wanted to eat that night.

Talisman
12-03-2005, 11:54 PM
A couple more months and he'll get to wear the pizza suit...

http://www.goodfellaspizzas.com/Halloween%20Pizza%20OutfitG.gif

Mecca
12-03-2005, 11:54 PM
Yeah, I worked at the Pizza Hut back home and we use to take all kinds of food home when we closed. My dad (wolfpack0735) would have to go to work at 1130 (about the time I got off) and I would load his truck up with pasta, pizza or anything he wanted to eat that night.

Then a year later, you wondered why you had gotten fat.

Dunit35
12-03-2005, 11:55 PM
A couple more months and he'll get to wear the pizza suit...

http://www.goodfellaspizzas.com/Halloween%20Pizza%20OutfitG.gif

Sweet costume. I bet that man hit it that night and only because the bigger laides thought he really was a slice.

Talisman
12-03-2005, 11:56 PM

Since you were working at Pizza Hut at the time, I'm guessing you always got off alone.

Dunit35
12-03-2005, 11:58 PM
Since you were working at Pizza Hut at the time, I'm guessing you always got off alone.

Nah, I had a lady friend back than. Ok no more lying for me, yes you are right.

greg63
12-04-2005, 12:04 AM
Tell 'em to change the schedule or you'll walk. :p :D

Dunit35
12-04-2005, 12:06 AM
Tell 'em to change the schedule or you'll walk. :p :D

Im going to say something to them on Monday about it. Id rather quit then miss a Chiefs game.

Talisman
12-04-2005, 12:07 AM
You should tell your boss that Sunday is your all-day therapy session. Let him know it's court ordered that you go every week now that you're out of the asylum.

Then throw in a "and I wouldn't have had to kill him if he just would have stuck to the schedule I told him I could work. See ya Monday!"

Dunit35
12-04-2005, 12:09 AM
You should tell your boss that Sunday is your all-day therapy session. Let him know it's court ordered that you go every week now that you're out of the assulym.

Then throw in a "and I wouldn't have had to kill him if he just would have stuck to the schedule I told him I could work. See ya Monday!"

Hahaha, thatll get me fired.

Coach
12-04-2005, 12:13 AM
Here's a suggestion.

Go T.O. on your boss. Demand that you want a $10 million for the next 5 years, with a 6th year on player option. If Pizza Hut doesn't want you, they'd have to do a 2.5 million buyout.

listopencil
12-04-2005, 12:24 AM
I started working at Pizza Hut about a month ago and on my application I put down that I could not work on Sundays. I didnt want to work Sundays so I could watch the games. I would rather watch the Chiefs game then make 15-20 bucks. When they hired me, they said there was no problem with me not working Sundays. WTF, they scheduled me to work 5-9. The game is at 3:15 next week. This seriously pisses me off. :cuss:

Just go tell the manager that is going to be on duty that day that you can't work on Sundays as per your app. Be polite but don't give in. Something like,"Excuse me. Lifeless toady? I see that I'm scheduled next Sunday but I'm not available to work on Sundays. It's on my application. I can't come in for personal reasons." Then refuse to explain what those reasons are ("I'd rather not say, it's extremely personal" with a far-off look in your eye), just keep mentioning that they are personal and that it's not something you can get out of. Simple.

Guru
12-04-2005, 12:27 AM
Hmm, wonder if that manager subscribes to this BB at all. LOL

Dunit35
12-04-2005, 12:29 AM
Just go tell the manager that is going to be on duty that day that you can't work on Sundays as per your app. Be polite but don't give in. Something like,"Excuse me. Lifeless toady? I see that I'm scheduled next Sunday but I'm not available to work on Sundays. It's on my application. I can't come in for personal reasons." Then refuse to explain what those reasons are ("I'd rather not say, it's extremely personal" with a far-off look in your eye), just keep mentioning that they are personal and that it's not something you can get out of. Simple.

I like that idea, I was just going to say something like this. I noticed you have me scheduled to work on Sunday but I cant work Sundays and I wrote that on my application. He will probably make me find a replacement. Even though he should be the one looking for a replacement. My manager is cool as hell, he probably just forgot that I cant work Sundays.

listopencil
12-04-2005, 12:33 AM
Hmm, wonder if that manager subscribes to this BB at all. LOL

If he does then this is for him:

Kiss my ass you ignorant fuqtard. How the **** hard is it to do a God Damned schedule at a ****ing Pizza Hut? I worked Taco Hell for 8.5 long-ass years and the schedule was out every week-on time and Jim-****ing Dandy! Get your shit together or the lot boy is going to be running this broken down shit-hole starting tomorrow, 9 ****ing AM! Now, move!

Dunit35
12-04-2005, 12:35 AM
If he does then this is for him:

Kiss my ass you ignorant fuqtard. How the **** hard is it to do a God Damned schedule at a ****ing Pizza Hut? I worked Taco Hell for 8.5 long-ass years and the schedule was out every week-on time and Jim-****ing Dandy! Get your shit together or the lot boy is going to be running this broken down shit-hole starting tomorrow, 9 ****ing AM! Now, move!

Haha, Ive been wondering if my boss is suscribed to this BB, he is a chiefs fan.

Guru
12-04-2005, 12:35 AM
:clap::clap::clap: