PDA

View Full Version : Blathering tard Steve Young

Cochise
12-04-2005, 10:33 AM
blasting Arrowhead.

"Arrowhead has fallen off, the mystique is gone, not an intimidating place to play anymore (sic)"

"Denver is the only team that can beat Indy"

Picks donks to win.

BigRock
12-04-2005, 10:34 AM
He's still bitter about the asswhooping he got here in '97.

4th and Long
12-04-2005, 10:35 AM
blasting Arrowhead.

"Arrowhead has fallen off, the mystique is gone, not an intimidating place to play anymore (sic)"

Picks donks to win.
He said that same shit last week. I can see he hasn't learned his lesson yet.

Frazod
12-04-2005, 10:35 AM
They were all standing in line to suck off Plummet.

Hopefully he'll leave Arrowhead in a body bag. :#

SPchief
12-04-2005, 10:36 AM
He said the EXACT same thing last week when the patriots were in town.

I don't know if he watched the game or not, but the crowd seemed to have some effect on the pats last week.

FringeNC
12-04-2005, 10:36 AM
blasting Arrowhead.

Picks donks to win.

18-1 in December ain't too shabby.

ChiTown
12-04-2005, 10:37 AM
F Him.

I wish he would have died long ago of one of those concussions he sustained.

j/k

He obviously wasn't at the game last week. WOW! That was fn loud and it made a huge difference!

I wish I could be there today, but my knee is so flared up right now I can't walk on it without it swelling like a balloon. My brother and his kids better yell their asses off.

Bob Dole
12-04-2005, 10:37 AM
Listening to all three of them, it's pretty obvious that none of them have watched a KC game since the Monday night drubbing.

Cochise
12-04-2005, 10:38 AM
Tom Jackson hinted that he could see a 'vintage' Plummer game coming out today. Plummer's rating at arrowhead is BAD. He's playing better than ever this year, but still.

I don't know why Denver is the slam dunk expert pick this week. They're no better at Arrowhead than we are at mile high.

DaFace
12-04-2005, 10:39 AM
This is why I no longer watch any station except NFL network for game analysis. They're the only ones (in my opinion) that have a clue what they're talking about.

4th and Long
I wish I could be there today, but my knee is so flared up right now I can't walk on it without it swelling like a balloon.
Are you comfortably numb? :D

FringeNC
Listening to all three of them, it's pretty obvious that none of them have watched a KC game since the Monday night drubbing.

Maybe Irvin was telling the truth. Maybe the crack pipe in Irvin's car wasn't his, but Young's.

ChiTown
12-04-2005, 10:40 AM
Are you comfortably numb? :D

Heh.

Drugs are good man, drugs are good.............

4th and Long
12-04-2005, 10:42 AM
Heh.

Yes, they are. :D

Better living through modern chemistry. :)

Bob Dole
12-04-2005, 10:42 AM
Heh.

http://www2.visalia.k12.ca.us/greenacres/ga_webpages/staff/images/wpe14.gif

Oh hell. Who the **** is Bob Dole kidding...

Deberg_1990
12-04-2005, 10:44 AM
He's still bitter about the asswhooping he got here in '97.

I loved that game. He also took one in the 1994 game against Montana.

Frazod
12-04-2005, 10:46 AM
I loved that game. He also took one in the 1994 game against Montana.

That '94 game is one of my all-time favorites. Montana bribed DT with cheeseburgers to beat the shit out of Young.

:$2500:

I'll bet Young still flinches when he hears the name Derrick Thomas.

Skip Towne
12-04-2005, 10:49 AM
Steve Young, your and idiot.

ChiTown
12-04-2005, 10:50 AM
Steve Young, your and idiot.

ROFL

gdamnit skip, if you would have waited a minute, I'm sure someone would have been furious enough to post that for real ROFL

Coach
12-04-2005, 10:51 AM
What was that LB'er name that lit him up in 97? I know his last name was Davis, just can't remember his first name....

Edit: Anthony Davis. That's the one.

morphius
12-04-2005, 10:52 AM
He must have saw the Philly game...

Cochise
12-04-2005, 10:54 AM
Young probably doesn't see much of the games from under Berman's desk anyway.

4th and Long
12-04-2005, 11:05 AM
Young probably doesn't see much of the games from under Berman's desk anyway.
ROFL ROFL ROFL

OldTownChief
12-04-2005, 11:06 AM
Be cool if they played the clip on the jumbo when the donks get in the first huddle.

Thig Lyfe
12-04-2005, 11:09 AM
He said the EXACT same thing last week when the patriots were in town.

I don't know if he watched the game or not, but the crowd seemed to have some effect on the pats last week.

Yeah, there were several forced timeouts.

Cochise
12-04-2005, 11:13 AM
Be cool if they played the clip on the jumbo when the donks get in the first huddle.

That's what they should do. Right after the national anthem, Dan Roberts comes over the PA to say "At this time, we call your attention to Arrowvision.

Clip of Steve Young: "Arrowhead's lost the mystique" over and over.

"Arrowhead's lost the mystique"

Coach
12-04-2005, 11:15 AM
That's what they should do. Right after the national anthem, Dan Roberts comes over the PA to say "At this time, we call your attention to Arrowvision.

Clip of Steve Young: "Arrowhead's lost the mystique" over and over.

That'd deftinaly get the fans riled up and rockin.

Frazod
12-04-2005, 11:16 AM
That sad part is that this is the ESPN crew WITHOUT Irvin.

In other words, this is the best they can be, and it sucks. :shake:

Skip Towne
12-04-2005, 11:19 AM

I've never been tempted in the slightest to watch the ESPN show.

Chan93lx50
12-04-2005, 11:41 AM
I like the Fox crew the best, but too bad they cover mostly the NFC

siberian khatru
12-04-2005, 11:47 AM
All the Fox guys just picked Denver.

Morty80
12-04-2005, 11:53 AM
All the Espn guys did too... we will win today guranteed.

FringeNC
12-04-2005, 11:53 AM
Espn 3-0 in favor of Denver. Chiefs get no respect. Not one mention of the Chiefs' O. It's all D's running game. WTF? We are talking about #1 offense in the league over the past four years, and we get no ****ing respect. The question should be, not how do we stop Denver's running attack, but how does Denver stop the top the multifaceted Chiefs' attack...especially now that Roaf is back. ****ing idiots.

Coogs
12-04-2005, 11:54 AM
blasting Arrowhead.

Personally, I think he is correct. I also think that the mistique is about to return. IMO, to have an intimidating crowd, you have to have an intimidating defense.... not kick ass offense. Sure, Arrowhead still gets loud. But mostly when the offense does something good, or Dante busts a big return. But when the defense is getting gouged for huge chuncks of yardage on every play, (as it has for the past 4 or 5 years) it is hard for a crowd to get loud.... and sustain it for a whole game.

On the other hand, when the defense rocks.... and the defense is showing signs of regaining it's old form.... Arrowhead will once again be loud and intimidating.

Me thinks that the Arrowhead mistique of old.... loud and intimidating....
makes it's reappearance this afternoon at 3:15! :toast:

siberian khatru
12-04-2005, 11:55 AM
Espn 3-0 in favor of Denver. Chiefs get no respect. Not one mention of the Chiefs' O. It's all D's running game. WTF? We are talking about #1 offense in the league over the past four years, and we get no ****ing respect. The question should be, not how do we stop Denver's running attack, but how does Denver stop the top the multifaceted Chiefs' attack...especially now that Roaf is back. ****ing idiots.

Eh, if I weren't a Chiefs fan I wouldn't respect us much either. Hell, I probably don't respect us much anyway. We've choked way too much in the playoffs and against good teams for anyone to have any faith in us.

The only way to change those perceptions is to start getting it done. Starting today.

FringeNC
12-04-2005, 11:56 AM
Eh, if I weren't a Chiefs fan I wouldn't respect us much either. Hell, I probably don't respect us much anyway. We've choked way too much in the playoffs and against good teams for anyone to have any faith in us.

The only way to change those perceptions is to start getting it done. Starting today.

What has Denver done?

siberian khatru
12-04-2005, 11:58 AM
Personally, I think he is correct. I also think that the mistique is about to return. IMO, to have an intimidating crowd, you have to have an intimidating defense.... not kick ass offense. Sure, Arrowhead still gets loud. But mostly when the offense does something good, or Dante busts a big return. But when the defense is getting gouged for huge chuncks of yardage on every play, (as it has for the past 4 or 5 years) it is hard for a crowd to get loud.... and sustain it for a whole game.

On the other hand, when the defense rocks.... and the defense is showing signs of regaining it's old form.... Arrowhead will once again be loud and intimidating.

I agree 110%. As I mentioned earlier this week, watching the first half of last week's game vs. NE really seemed like the 1990s all over again -- swarming defense and insane crowd. They go hand in hand.

Hope it continues.

siberian khatru
12-04-2005, 12:00 PM
What has Denver done?

Won two Super Bowls with their current coach. That's the biggest thing the media see. That The Genious is still running the ship -- he's already proved it, they're waiting for him to do it again. Plus, they've made the playoffs the last two years. We made the playoffs once in 8 years, and as usual we choked that time.

We've got a bad rap. And really, we've earned it.

FringeNC
12-04-2005, 12:06 PM
Won two Super Bowls with their current coach. That's the biggest thing the media see. That The Genious is still running the ship -- he's already proved it, they're waiting for him to do it again. Plus, they've made the playoffs the last two years. We made the playoffs once in 8 years, and as usual we choked that time.

We've got a bad rap. And really, we've earned it.

I dunno. Denver has done little more than we have during the Vermeil era here. Should SF still be pimped up to because of past success?

cadmonkey
12-04-2005, 12:12 PM

I've heard more than one person on this board say this in the past two years.

SNR
12-04-2005, 12:13 PM
Steve Young = Arrowheadlouder? :hmmm:

milkman
12-04-2005, 12:13 PM

As I said in an another thread, I dislike Steve Young every bit as much as Irvin.

Steve Young makes this show unwatchable, even without Irvin.

siberian khatru
12-04-2005, 12:25 PM
I dunno. Denver has done little more than we have during the Vermeil era here. Should SF still be pimped up to because of past success?

SF has a different coach. The Rat was there in 97-98 and still there. He's still got cachet. I'm not saying that's right, I'm just saying that's how the media see it.

Plus, we simply haven't done shit in forever.

Sure-Oz
12-04-2005, 12:52 PM
he's an idiot, it does help to have a defense in arrowhead or any home stadium, we are working on that though.

Deberg_1990
12-04-2005, 11:13 PM
blasting Arrowhead.

So Steve, ask Denver if the Arrowhead Mystique is gone and if its still a tough place to play?? Dumbass....

Saulbadguy
12-04-2005, 11:14 PM
They posted that on the videoboard at the game. I don't think anyone noticed it though.

Guru
12-04-2005, 11:19 PM

Me thinks that the Arrowhead mistique of old.... loud and intimidating....
makes it's reappearance this afternoon at 3:15! :toast:

FORTUNE TELLER!!!!:)