PDA

View Full Version : So much for the illusion we have a real defense!

Logical
12-04-2005, 05:13 PM
Let alone a playoff caliber defense. Long live Gunter's _efense.

Thank god for the turnovers

oaklandhater
12-04-2005, 05:15 PM
Our Run D is looking sad.

Baconeater
12-04-2005, 05:17 PM
Ugh.

Logical
12-04-2005, 05:34 PM
Our Run D is looking sad.Yup

irishjayhawk
12-04-2005, 05:35 PM
Alot of this goes out the window with a rivalry game though. Still I agree.

Logical
12-04-2005, 05:52 PM
Wow I cannot believe that this thread would warrant deletion at the other site. Well so much for me being bi-boardal. If they do not allow even a negative post about the Chiefs that place is not the place for me.

Deberg_1990
12-04-2005, 05:53 PM
Wow I cannot believe that this thread would warrant deletion at the other site. Well so much for me being bi-boardal. If they do not allow even a negative post about the Chiefs that place is not the place for me.

Wow you serious?? Thats awful. Thats not right at all. I didnt realize that they were such "Homers" over there??

jAZ
12-04-2005, 06:22 PM
I'm impressed with the defense... they were awesome when it counted. That was a tremendous stop and you have to credit out D for playing a major part in this victory.

As for Phob's new home... I'd email him and ask what that's all about. It's his board. I'm shocked by such moderation.

Coach
12-04-2005, 06:26 PM
Yes, they were awful for the 3 quarters for the most part. But when the Chiefs offense/special teams turned it over, the Defense held for the most part.

Trent's INT = nothing
Dante's fumble = fg

And they manned up in the quarter it really mattered the most.

Pants
12-04-2005, 06:29 PM
Wow, Denver's defense must suck too. The fact is, our offense played insanly well for the most part. I was pretty pissed at the defense at first too, but now that the game is over, I feel pretty confident about it.

BigMeatballDave
12-04-2005, 06:30 PM
Jesus H. Christ. Give Denver a little bit of credit. This was an evenly played game. BOTH teams commited turnovers...

Redcoats58
12-04-2005, 06:32 PM
This really is a crappy thread. Yeah denver's defense is all smoke and mirrors.

bishop_74
12-04-2005, 06:33 PM
I have to say Plummer was pretty good out there. The other teams we played we rattled the quarterback. Plummer was making plays out of nothing. Our D is respectable, I give credit to Plummer for a well fought game.

Logical
12-04-2005, 06:33 PM
Wow, Denver's defense must suck too. The fact is, our offense played insanly well for the most part. I was pretty pissed at the defense at first too, but now that the game is over, I feel pretty confident about it.

We did have a key defensive series their just prior to the 2 minute warning. Makes our defense retain the D for now. :clap:

FringeNC
12-04-2005, 06:34 PM
The D was a joke in the 1st half, but played okay in the 2nd against a good Denver team.

1st half grade: F
2nd half grade: B

QuikSsurfer
12-04-2005, 06:38 PM
Yes, they were awful for the 3 quarters for the most part. But when the Chiefs offense/special teams turned it over, the Defense held for the most part.

Trent's INT = nothing
Dante's fumble = fg

And they manned up in the quarter it really mattered the most.

my thoughts exactly.

phxchief
Denver's defense looked worse and they're "supposed" to be good.

Sure-Oz
The D showed up when it was really needed, denver is 9-3 for a reason fellas.

Logical
12-04-2005, 06:39 PM
This really is a crappy thread. Yeah denver's defense is all smoke and mirrors.Just so you know this thread was posted in the 3rd quarter. If you don't like a thread feel free not to click on it.

Pants
12-04-2005, 06:40 PM
We did have a key defensive series their just prior to the 2 minute warning. Makes our defense retain the D for now. :clap:

Shit, what I meant to say was that both offenses played really well for the most part. We put up points and big plays on their D, that doesn't mean their D sucks too, they put up points and big plays on our D, that doesn't mean that our D sucks. Both offenses played well, but we put up morepoints and had some key stops. We won, that's all that matters.

Rausch
12-04-2005, 06:40 PM
Yes, and obviously all the Denver defensive players suck butt as well. They can't be good.

Not a single one of them.

I mean, they lost to us, the worst team in the history of football to ever lace up some shoes and touch the football...

Redcoats58
12-04-2005, 06:43 PM
Just so you know this thread was posted in the 3rd quarter. If you don't like a thread feel free not to click on it.

No thanks, I'll feel free to click on it and speak my displeasure.

Coach
12-04-2005, 06:44 PM
Just so you know this thread was posted in the 3rd quarter. If you don't like a thread feel free not to click on it.

Ah, that makes sense then. I thought that this was posted by the time the game was over. My bad Jim.

However, as I said before, they gave up 21 points in the first half, but 6 in the 2nd half. Huge difference there. And as I said before, whenever the Chiefs offense/Special Teams turned it over, in the past, the defense would have gave up an TD for the most part. Now we're just giving up FG's for the most part.

And what was impressive, was that 4th and 1 stand. Man, thank goodness for instant replay. They stonewalled the RB even before he was able to cross the first down line.

Also, Dalton, and Sims looked fantastic out there, along with Hicks. I was impressed with Sims quite to be honest with you.

Fruit Ninja
12-04-2005, 06:45 PM
Defense in the first half was the D of old. Guntharr made changes at halftime. They played VERY VERy well in the 2nd half. ONly gave up a Field goal that was becuase of a turnover i believe.

LJ ran all over them in the 4th. was great.

penchief
12-04-2005, 06:46 PM
I don't know.

We're definitely improving.

We get fooled alot and we seem to always play like crap against the Donkeys but we also seem to come up with stops in critical situations more than in the past.

I'll agree with the premise that we have a ways to go but I also believe that we are on our way. The defense is starting to show a lot of grit and a lot character

QuikSsurfer
12-04-2005, 06:51 PM
Yes, and obviously all the Denver defensive players suck butt as well. They can't be good.

Not a single one of them.

I mean, they lost to us, the worst team in the history of football to ever lace up some shoes and touch the football...

That's what i'm talking about! I hate all them bronco players! I would never have champ bailey suit up as a chief. To think Champ could be better for our defense than Warfield or Washington?!!! That would be gross.

Guys, we just showed tonight that we are the best team in football, maybe the best in the history of the NFL.

ps: Denver players eat elephant dicks.

tk13
12-04-2005, 06:51 PM
I am actually pleased with the defense. Credit to Jake Plummer. He made two huge plays escaping when he should've been sacked on 3rd down. If we get those two plays, we hold the Broncos to 13-17 points and blow them off the earth. We aren't the doomsday defense but we hit them right in the mouth, wore them down, and made all the big plays at the end. We just physically beat up the 2nd best team in the NFL, I'm very pleased.

Dawson4004
12-04-2005, 06:53 PM
Chiefs only gave up 103 yds in the second half (if I added right) to me that says that the coachs and players all made good adjustments and really shut down the Denver O.

Pants
12-04-2005, 06:53 PM
I am actually pleased with the defense. Credit to Jake Plummer. He made two huge plays escaping when he should've been sacked on 3rd down. If we get those two plays, we hold the Broncos to 13-17 points and blow them off the earth. We aren't the doomsday defense but we hit them right in the mouth, wore them down, and made all the big plays at the end. We just physically beat up the 2nd best team in the NFL, I'm very pleased.

It's also a little tiring having to stop a fresh RB every time. Why do you guys think Denever is so successful? The point is - we stopped them and we won.

QuikSsurfer
12-04-2005, 06:54 PM

agreed.

QuikSsurfer
12-04-2005, 06:58 PM
I mean in.. the fact is we won. You know, and.... well, we won. credit Jake though. he did play well.. but i still hate the guy and wish the worst him and the denver broncos.. unless their are rumors of a denver to kc trade.
but we won.. and the fact is... we played our hearts out there tonight.. u know?
We played our hearts out and we won.
i'm too stoned right now.. I am beyond stoned but holy shit my typing skills a mad crazy. I'm doing a great job!

Rausch
How many rushing yards did Denver finish with today?

How many do they average?

How many pics did Plummet throw today?

How many does he average?

How many pts did the Donk's score today?

How many rushing yards did the Donk defense allow today?

Coach
Another thing that is noticeable is that there is a noticeable improvment in "push" when Sims comes in.

QuikSsurfer
12-04-2005, 06:59 PM
I mean in.. the fact is we won. You know, and.... well, we won. credit Jake though. he did play well.. but i still hate the guy and wish the worst him and the denver broncos.. unless their are rumors of a denver to kc trade.
but we won.. and the fact is... we played our hearts out there tonight.. u know?
We played our hearts out and we won.
i'm too stoned right now.. I am beyond stoned but holy shit my typing skills a mad crazy. I'm doing a great job!

bumpbump

Count Alex's Wins
12-04-2005, 07:00 PM
Our D showed they're improved in the second half.

4th and 1...OWNED!

phxchief
12-04-2005, 07:08 PM
I'm eagerly awaiting the weekly video highlights so I can get cracking on some great .gifs! :)

DJ > Plummer - OWNAGE!

4th and 1 - OWNAGE!

Any others outside of the big offensive plays?

Coach
12-04-2005, 07:11 PM
How many rushing yards did Denver finish with today?

How many pics did Plummet throw today?

How many does he average?

How many pts did the Donk's score today?

How many rushing yards did the Donk defense allow today?

How many rushing yards did Denver finish with today? 131 yards, with a 4.5 per carry.

How many do they average? 165.6 yards per game/5.0 per carry.

How many pics did Plummer throw today? 2

How many does he average? 4 in a season through 12 games.(Not including 2 from today)

How many pts did the Donk's score today? 27 points.

How many do they average? 25.7

How many rushing yards did the Donk defense allow today? 168 yards, with a 4.5 per carry.

How many do they average? 79.1 yards per game/3.8 per carry.

Count Alex's Wins
12-04-2005, 07:12 PM
AND THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE!

keg in kc
12-04-2005, 07:22 PM
Sorry that we won today, Jim. I know that ruins your whole weekend.

Skip Towne
12-04-2005, 07:24 PM
I hope it doesn't happen but Phobia may get a rude awakening as to his control over those boards.

the Talking Can
12-04-2005, 07:29 PM
I am actually pleased with the defense. Credit to Jake Plummer. He made two huge plays escaping when he should've been sacked on 3rd down.

absolutely true....most QB's would have been sacked...our D is finally, and without question, BETTER....how much? I dunno, but enoug for today..

unlurking
12-04-2005, 07:30 PM
How many rushing yards did Denver finish with today? 131 yards, with a 4.5 per carry.

How many does he average? 4 in a season through 12 games.(Not including 2 from today)

How many rushing yards did the Donk defense allow today? 168 yards, with a 4.5 per carry.

Thanks for looking that up for us!

I'm happy with those stats.

the Talking Can
12-04-2005, 07:31 PM
I hope it doesn't happen but Phobia may get a rude awakening as to his control over those boards.

people who pay a monthly fee aren't going to put up with the nonsense that makes this place great...they'll complain, and if they don't get what they want they'll cancel their subscriptions and the bean counters at Scout will be knocking on Phobia's door with monthly profit statements...that's the reality..

Rausch

So 30 below their average.

So he averages 0.33 per game and threw 2 today.

DEFENSE.

Not good. Not good at all at home.

So almost 100 yards above what they allow.

All in all, we completely pushed their shit in...

Pants

He knew it all along.

unlurking
12-04-2005, 07:32 PM
Yep, I didn't realize it was THAT bad over there.

keg in kc
12-04-2005, 07:32 PM
Since we scored 31, should there be a thread called "So much for the illusion the Broncos have a real defense!"?

Count Alex's Wins
12-04-2005, 07:34 PM
Since we scored 31, should there be a thread called "So much for the illusion the Broncos have a real defense!"?

BANGO!

redbrian
12-04-2005, 07:34 PM
Good old vlad his glass is still half empty and the fluid in the glass is piss.

Over-Head
12-04-2005, 07:36 PM
Don't you mean illusion to a real team? :hmmm:

keg in kc
12-04-2005, 07:37 PM
That, too. Taco should rename his bb the OrangeMirage.

Rausch
12-04-2005, 07:38 PM
That, too. Taco should rename his bb the OrangeMirage.
ROFL

Fairplay
12-04-2005, 07:39 PM
F**k the donkeys!!!!!!!!!!!

Rain Man
12-04-2005, 07:41 PM
I find the thread header somewhat perplexing. I had to miss most of the second half for a business call, and am watching it now. The defense is playing great - hitting hard, mobile, and making plays. It's odd to me that they gave up 27 points.

QuikSsurfer
12-04-2005, 07:42 PM
F**k the donkeys!!!!!!!!!!!

:stupid:

Pasta Giant Meatball
12-04-2005, 07:42 PM
4th quarter with the game on the line they came through. very pleased with the 2nd half D.

morphius
12-04-2005, 07:44 PM
Of course the Donx had a great run stopping game too. I thought the D had one of their down games, but still played pretty well considering the 3 turnovers last year would have been 21 points.

Count Alex's Wins
12-04-2005, 07:45 PM
Denver had 105 total yards in the second half.

tk13
12-04-2005, 07:45 PM
I find the thread header somewhat perplexing. I had to miss most of the second half for a business call, and am watching it now. The defense is playing great - hitting hard, mobile, and making plays. It's odd to me that they gave up 27 points.
Really we did... those first two drives were horrible, after that we clamped down pretty well I think. It took two different scrambling throws by Plummer to keep drives alive, really Denver pulled out every trick in the book they had.... reverses, trick plays, WR throws. We didn't buckle though.

And really, we defended the bootleg much better I think. That's something that hasn't been mentioned yet. Plummer ran free a couple times on it early, but after we handled it a couple times they went away from it.

Fairplay
12-04-2005, 07:48 PM
Denver had 105 total yards in the second half.

Mostly in the third quarter i would surmise.

Count Alex's Wins
12-04-2005, 07:50 PM
As to who won the bootleg plays, i'd say it was a push. Lelie burned Surtain, then Surtain picked it off on the same drive.

Those are the only two I remember.

JBucc
12-04-2005, 07:52 PM
As to who won the bootleg plays, i'd say it was a push. Lelie burned Surtain, then Surtain picked it off on the same drive.

Those are the only two I remember.Don't forget the one where he rolled out left, half the D stood there looking at him as Allen whiffed on the sack attempt, and he dumped it off to Putzier who jogged downfield for 40 yards.

Rain Man
12-04-2005, 07:52 PM
It should be noted that the Broncos held LJ below his season average. He only rushed for 140 yards.

keg in kc
12-04-2005, 07:53 PM
Hard to argue with interception, field goal, field goal, 3 and out and then stuffing them on 4th down in the second half.

0-5 on 3rd down, 105 yards of offense, 61 yards rushing, 44 yards passing

Hell, they had 2nd and 3 the last drive when they got stuffed. 3 plays to make 3 yards and they couldn't do it.

That's defense...

BigMeatballDave
12-04-2005, 07:53 PM
Sorry that we won today, Jim. I know that ruins your whole weekend.
ROFL

BigOlChiefsfan
12-04-2005, 07:54 PM
Can I get one more Amen for that hit DJ put on Plummer? That was a bonafide slobberknocker, and here's a toast to many more.

Logical
12-04-2005, 07:54 PM
Sorry that we won today, Jim. I know that ruins your whole weekend.Keg as I pointed out earlier this thread was created in the early third QTR before our d stepped up. I give them credit for really playing well after that. I think Tatum Bell had just ripped off his 2nd 10+ yard carry and Denver's third in a row when I became disgusted and authored this thread. I am very pleased with today's final result.:clap:

Count Alex's Wins
12-04-2005, 07:55 PM
Don't forget the one where he rolled out left, half the D stood there looking at him as Allen whiffed on the sack attempt, and he dumped it off to Putzier who jogged downfield for 40 yards.

Oh, that was brutal.

Coach
12-04-2005, 07:56 PM
Don't forget the one where he rolled out left, half the D stood there looking at him as Allen whiffed on the sack attempt, and he dumped it off to Putzier who jogged downfield for 40 yards.

That was pathetic. That could had been prevented if they just could had brought Jake down, but they didn't.

And what was sad was that Putzier practically out-ran our defense, only to get dragged down by Wesley.

Logical
12-04-2005, 07:57 PM
people who pay a monthly fee aren't going to put up with the nonsense that makes this place great...they'll complain, and if they don't get what they want they'll cancel their subscriptions and the bean counters at Scout will be knocking on Phobia's door with monthly profit statements...that's the reality..That may very well be true and if so they will never have the traffic volume Phil hopes to achieve, nothing close to this place. Frankly controversy is why this place is so well trafficed (sp?)

keg in kc
12-04-2005, 07:57 PM
Keg as I pointed out earlier this thread was created in the early third QTR before our d stepped up.Mmmhmm. You've rooted more for the donkeys than TJ has the last couple of years. :p

tk13
12-04-2005, 07:59 PM

Those are the only two I remember.
That's probably fair. Which is still an improvement over how we normally defend the bootleg.... there were times where we had guys in position to make plays and they just didn't.

Chief Roundup
12-04-2005, 08:00 PM
Man it must suck to be so negative most of the time. I feel sorry for you.

keg in kc
12-04-2005, 08:01 PM
You know, today's game was a complete reverse of all those miserable losses we've suffered the last few years. We come out and take the game in the second half. We run over the other team in the 4th quarter. We watch another defense collapse with the game on the line. We watch another offense fail to make short yardage with 2 minutes to go.

Bizarroworld!

Raiderhader
12-04-2005, 08:01 PM
Keg as I pointed out earlier this thread was created in the early third QTR before our d stepped up. I give them credit for really playing well after that. I think Tatum Bell had just ripped off his 2nd 10+ yard carry and Denver's third in a row when I became disgusted and authored this thread. I am very pleased with today's final result.:clap:

Do what? The D stepped up at the beginning of the third. Denver got the ball first and the D completely shut them down like they were nothing.

the Talking Can
12-04-2005, 08:03 PM
That may very well be true and if so they will never have the traffic volume Phil hopes to achieve, nothing close to this place. Frankly controversy is why this place is so well trafficed (sp?)

he'll increase the volume, I'm sure (how could you not? that place is a joke)...but you can't create this environment in a corporate setting...I belong to a ku board (phog.net)...I pay for it..it is nice...but compare to this place it is boring as hell, and people complain about everything non stop...we would have ALL been banned from SCOUTS by now so thank god they didn't "sell" Chiefsplanet to Scouts...I would have left immediately...the type of people who post there are 40 yeard old mama's boys...

Cochise
12-04-2005, 08:06 PM
They weren't good in the first half, but in the second half they only gave up 100 yards.

Can't believe I come back from the game, where everyone is exuberant and people are doing the chop in the parking lot an hour after the game was over, and this place is almost in meltdown. :shake:

the Talking Can
12-04-2005, 08:07 PM
Do what? The D stepped up at the beginning of the third. Denver got the ball first and the D completely shut them down like they were nothing.

biggest play of game, imho: the first play of the second half

Shanny calls a fake-bootleg, sweep, half-back pass to the right....it was a great call, the WR was WIDE OPEN streaking down the field..but guess what????

Erick Hicks STAYED HOME and snuffed out the play....huge.

keg in kc
Can't believe I come back from the game, where everyone is exuberant and people are doing the chop in the parking lot an hour after the game was over, and this place is almost in meltdown.Yeah, it's not like it doesn't happen every week.

Actually, it's not so bad today.

Logical

Jamie it was at this point in the third Quarter

Denver Broncos at 10:02
1-10-DEN27(10:02) J.Plummer pass to T.Bell to DEN 28 for 1 yard (J.Allen).
2-9-DEN28(9:23) T.Bell left end to DEN 41 for 13 yards (E.Warfield).
1-10-DEN41(8:42) T.Bell up the middle to KC 44 for 15 yards (E.Warfield, S.Knight).
1-10-KC44(7:59) R.Dayne left tackle to KC 34 for 10 yards (J.Browning, E.Hicks).

After that I authored this thread!!!

Logical
12-04-2005, 08:10 PM
You know, today's game was a complete reverse of all those miserable losses we've suffered the last few years. We come out and take the game in the second half. We run over the other team in the 4th quarter. We watch another defense collapse with the game on the line. We watch another offense fail to make short yardage with 2 minutes to go.

Bizarroworld!You are absolutely right. It is certainly nice.

dirk digler
12-04-2005, 08:10 PM
he'll increase the volume, I'm sure (how could you not? that place is a joke)...but you can't create this environment in a corporate setting...I belong to a ku board (phog.net)...I pay for it..it is nice...but compare to this place it is boring as hell, and people complain about everything non stop...we would have ALL been banned from SCOUTS by now so thank god they didn't "sell" Chiefsplanet to Scouts...I would have left immediately...the type of people who post there are 100 yeard old mama's boys...

Skip is everywhere.

Raiderhader
12-04-2005, 08:18 PM
biggest play of game, imho: the first play of the second half

Shanny calls a fake-bootleg, sweep, half-back pass to the right....it was a great call, the WR was WIDE OPEN streaking down the field..but guess what????

Erick Hicks STAYED HOME and snuffed out the play....huge.

That was a huge play. Actually it was just a huge stand through and through. While the D did struggle at times in the second, they came out that first drive a delivered a f#cking message that set the tone for the rest of the game, culminating in the huge 4th down stop.

This was a rivalry game, and just like I don't critize our play against the fade so long as we win, I won't do so with the donks either. Records, talent, location, weather, whatever, it all goes out the window in a rivalry game. After a normal game I would be voicing some concerns in regards to the way we played at times today. But in a huge rivalry like this, I expect that to happen. Today's game was beautiful. We won. That is the ONLY thing I can ask for when playing chokeland and denver.

QuikSsurfer
12-04-2005, 08:18 PM
Keg as I pointed out earlier this thread was created in the early third QTR before our d stepped up. I give them credit for really playing well after that. I think Tatum Bell had just ripped off his 2nd 10+ yard carry and Denver's third in a row when I became disgusted and authored this thread. I am very pleased with today's final result.:clap:

so do you just not like it when the chiefs win or.... or what?

Raiderhader
12-04-2005, 08:20 PM
Jamie it was at this point in the third Quarter

Denver Broncos at 10:02
1-10-DEN27(10:02) J.Plummer pass to T.Bell to DEN 28 for 1 yard (J.Allen).
2-9-DEN28(9:23) T.Bell left end to DEN 41 for 13 yards (E.Warfield).
1-10-DEN41(8:42) T.Bell up the middle to KC 44 for 15 yards (E.Warfield, S.Knight).
1-10-KC44(7:59) R.Dayne left tackle to KC 34 for 10 yards (J.Browning, E.Hicks).

After that I authored this thread!!!

I must have been in the car in between work and the sports bar during that drive.

Coogs
12-04-2005, 08:22 PM
They weren't good in the first half, but in the second half they only gave up 100 yards.

Can't believe I come back from the game, where everyone is exuberant and people are doing the chop in the parking lot an hour after the game was over, and this place is almost in meltdown. :shake:

Damn straight! The defense made the plays they needed to make in the 2nd half. Gave up a few rushing yards on that first drive in the 3rd, but really did the job when the game was on the line.

And the offense did a nice job too. The play action pass kick ass all day long. Power football behind LJ and play action baby! That is our ticket to the post season.

Sully
12-04-2005, 08:22 PM
Grades-
First half= D. Gave up a lot fo yards rushing, and the bootleg was still beating us. But based on playing the boot correctly on the goalline and getting the INT, it's not an F.
Second Half= A. Stopped them when they needed to be stopped. Played tough. Never broke.

Rausch
12-04-2005, 08:26 PM
I must have been in the car in between work and the sports bar during that drive.

****ing heathen! :cuss:

Raiderhader
12-04-2005, 08:31 PM
****ing heathen! :cuss:

I got f#cked over atr work today. It was totally out of my hands. I was not supposed to be there until five this evening, yet I was. Thankfully we got the game down here and I work in the bar area of the restaruant. So I still saw almost all of the game.

Had they let me switch shirts and drink up at the bar I would have just stayed there. But we have a stupid ass rule that says employees cannot sit at the bar even when out of uniform. So I had to leave if I was going to drink while watching the game, and I was most certainly going to drink.

keg in kc
12-04-2005, 08:32 PM
Damn, the blue oyster has some strange rules.

huskerdooz
12-05-2005, 01:17 AM
Jesus H. Christ. Give Denver a little bit of credit. This was an evenly played game. BOTH teams commited turnovers...

I didn't know that Jesus' middle initial was H.

I wonder what it stands for?

huskerdooz
12-05-2005, 01:27 AM
Speaking of the Defense, I'd say that both defenses kind of took it on the chin in the first half. The fact of the matter remains that our Defense only gave up 6 pts in the 2nd half to a very good Denver team and that's what allowed us to win the ballgame.

Pants
12-05-2005, 01:32 AM
I didn't know that Jesus' middle initial was H.

I wonder what it stands for?

Holy.

And keg, ROFL @ the blue oyster.

Sure-Oz
12-05-2005, 01:32 AM
This defense will keep getting better too and finally the offense is getting healthy and back to its old ways, LJ is a huge key along with Roaf!

luv
12-05-2005, 01:39 AM
Let alone a playoff caliber defense. Long live Gunter's _efense.

Thank god for the turnovers
We would have had a few more if we had held onto the ball a few times instead of just knocking it away.

philfree
12-05-2005, 01:43 AM
The main difference in our D is after we give up a play we don't go in the tank. Surtain gave up a big play but then instead of giving up a TD he picks it off. Then with the game on the line we stop the Donks on their last two possessions. If we came of this game healthy our D will be better next week. I wonder what our D ranks compared to the rest of the league over the 3rd qtr of the season? Still today we stepped up when the game was on the line and never let the donks cross the goal line in the second half........Or was that an illusion?

PhilFree:arrow:

huskerdooz
12-05-2005, 01:45 AM
We would have had a few more if we had held onto the ball a few times instead of just knocking it away.

I agree. I can think of 2 right off the top of my head. Warfield just missed a "Pick Six" when he jumped a sideline route and Wesley should have intercepted the hail mary at the end of the game.

Count Alex's Wins
12-05-2005, 01:49 AM
Allen almost had one too.

Plummer has played better this year, but he's been pretty damn lucky too. He even admitted as much.

Guru
12-05-2005, 02:11 AM
Allen almost had one too.

Plummer has played better this year, but he's been pretty damn lucky too. He even admitted as much.

Except when asked about his "transformation". ROFLROFL

huskerdooz
12-05-2005, 05:34 AM

The truth is out, it was that authoring of this thread that spurred the turn around of the Defense's play. So we obviously need to climb off of Jim's back and give credit where credit is due. :p

huskerdooz
12-05-2005, 05:41 AM
Holy.

And keg, ROFL @ the blue oyster.

Thanks, I was aware that Christ was and is Holy. I just wasn't aware it was his middle name. I feel so learned now. :p

keg in kc
12-05-2005, 05:47 AM
It's not actually "Holy", it's Harel.

Pants
12-05-2005, 06:12 AM
It's not actually "Holy", it's Harel.

Thanks, keg. :rolleyes:

KCTitus
12-05-2005, 07:05 AM
...I am very pleased with today's final result.:clap:

Yeah, me too. KC wins and Jim steps on his dick for the umpteenth time.

Nice work.

Pants
12-05-2005, 07:13 AM
Yeah, me too. KC wins and Jim steps on his dick for the umpteenth time.

Nice work.

Wow, is Logical THAT short?

Gaz
12-05-2005, 08:17 AM
So much for the illusion that VL is worth reading.

xoxo~
Gaz
Making his rudest noise.

shakesthecat
12-05-2005, 08:26 AM
Gawd I love it when people post stupid shit and it almost instantly comes back and blows up in their face.

I'm sure the combination of LJ and the Chief D abusing Denver in the 4th quarter, KCVladdy must have been in quite a foul mood yesterday.