PDA

View Full Version : Should they start fining Refs for blatant bad calls?

ClevelandChief
12-04-2005, 05:26 PM
Like the spot the side judge gave anderson on that 4th and 1 play....seemed a little fishy to me how someone could see him gaining a full yard more than he actually did before he even hit the ground the side judge was marking the ball.

I say if you are going to hold the Coaches/Players accountable for the things they say about the officiating then the officials should have some kind of consequence to making shitty game changing calls.

Garcia Bronco
12-04-2005, 05:30 PM
They do hold them accountable..but lets look at what has happened in recent history...they blew enough calls to brong back instant replay...so what does the NFL do in 2001...give them a raise..LMAO

KCinNY
12-04-2005, 05:32 PM
Undoubtedly the best Vermeil challenge ever.

Deberg_1990
12-04-2005, 05:41 PM
They do hold them accountable

They do??? How so?? That was just an awful spot. How could they miss that? The refs were right on top of it and in perfect position so see what was going on. I will give them props for finally getting it right, but it should have never even come to that. It wasnt even close.....

Rain Man
12-04-2005, 05:41 PM
I just about blew out my cerebral cortex when that line judge came running out about five yards downfield from the ball. And then I almost blew out my occipital lobe when they measured on the bad spot and called it a first down when it was still short. I'm just glad that we were able to challenge it. I wouldn't have thought that was possible.

Deberg_1990
12-04-2005, 05:42 PM
They do hold them accountable

They do??? How so?? That was just an awful spot. How could they miss that? The refs were right on top of it and in perfect position to see what was going on. I will give them props for finally getting it right, but it should have never even come to that. It wasnt even close.....

Guru
12-04-2005, 05:50 PM
I just about blew out my cerebral cortex when that line judge came running out about five yards downfield from the ball. And then I almost blew out my occipital lobe when they measured on the bad spot and called it a first down when it was still short. I'm just glad that we were able to challenge it. I wouldn't have thought that was possible.

I blew a gasket on that spot. I was just screaming "Throw the f****** flag. Throw it!!!!!!"

How can you miss that call when you are right on top of it?

SNR
12-04-2005, 05:54 PM
I think they should receive fines, but nothing like the players get. They are paid much less than the players.

Maybe like 10% comes out of their game checks if they screw it up REALLY badly

RINGLEADER
12-04-2005, 06:12 PM
I'm just glad Patrick Surtain didn't get flagged when he blew his gasket over the spot...that was just a plain crazy spot...don't know what that dude was thinking.

|Zach|
12-04-2005, 06:16 PM
Eh, the system worked as it should...

My problem wasn't as much with that guy who spotted it...he had a horrible angle. From where he was standing I could see myself making the spot he did. However I felt troubled that refs who obviously had a better view didn't correct him.

I have trouble getting mad though...

The system worked as it should have and the right call was made.

1adam1238
12-04-2005, 06:17 PM
It was terrible and then CBS went to a damn commercial.....didn't know if DV got the challenge in....it was hell waiting. But you guys are right...that was one of the worse spots I have ever seen.....

Boozer
12-04-2005, 06:21 PM
I think they should receive fines, but nothing like the players get. They are paid much less than the players.

Maybe like 10% comes out of their game checks if they screw it up REALLY badly

Yeah, but reffing is only a part-time job. I think they get paid something like $180K/season, and all those guys hold down "day jobs." Hell, Ed Hochuli is a lawyer down in Phoenix. In between calling games on Sunday and lifting weights, his billables must be shit. http://www.jshfirm.com/

Garcia Bronco
12-04-2005, 06:26 PM
The spot was diffenately re-cock-ulus...

acasas4
12-04-2005, 06:52 PM
The spot was terrible. But when they had to reverse the call it was great.ROFL

Calcountry
12-04-2005, 08:05 PM
They do??? How so?? That was just an awful spot. How could they miss that? The refs were right on top of it and in perfect position so see what was going on. I will give them props for finally getting it right, but it should have never even come to that. It wasnt even close.....I saw him running in to spot it on TV, and I start screeming at the TV , NO FUGGING WAY HE GOT THAT! Again and again I screemed those words, I couldn't believe that spot.

Then the TV goes to a commercial to leave me hanging. Great stuff, Mr. bad call referee man. This buds for you.

Calcountry
12-04-2005, 08:07 PM

Maybe like 10% comes out of their game checks if they screw it up REALLY badlyIf they blow a game changing call, they should be suspended without pay for 2 games on the first, 4 games on the second, and fired for a third time in the same season.

Is there any reason why we can't have more refs that are young, and in good physical condition, with eyesight?

Duck Dog
12-04-2005, 08:11 PM
I don't think they sould get fined, but the booth needs to step in on obvious screw ups like that spot. We should not of had to throw the flag on that play. Seemed like the Ref only took a seconds to look at the replay and he knew it was a bad call.

carlos3652
12-04-2005, 08:20 PM
It actually took him awhile...thats what it seemed like @ the stadium....I dont think I heard arrowhead that loud in a long time...

We were loud through... but that ended with a bang...

acasas4
12-04-2005, 08:29 PM
What about the punt that was downed around the den. 4 yard line? The refs spotted the ball there, none of them gave a sign for a touchback, the play wasn't challenged by den. and then just as the donks are ready to run a play the refs say it was a touchback and give den. the ball on the 20. Since den. was ready to run a play our coaches don't have time to look at the replay and challenge. WTF was up with that?

Duck Dog
12-04-2005, 08:57 PM
It actually took him awhile...thats what it seemed like @ the stadium....I dont think I heard arrowhead that loud in a long time...

We were loud through... but that ended with a bang...

You're probably right. I often loose track of time between my chair and the beer fridge.

WilliamTheIrish
12-04-2005, 09:22 PM
Eh, the system worked as it should...

My problem wasn't as much with that guy who spotted it...he had a horrible angle. From where he was standing I could see myself making the spot he did. However I felt troubled that refs who obviously had a better view didn't correct him.

I have trouble getting mad though...

The system worked as it should have and the right call was made.

The official who spotted the ball came running in from the Denver sideline.

He'd probably been listening to the Rat biotch the entire half.

The really bad thing IMO about the spot was that the linesman seemed to have started in toward the ball in the right position, then as he came towards the ball in the center of the field, just began angling toward the 48 yard line.