PDA

View Full Version : How about Trent's tackle.....

DTLB58
12-04-2005, 06:36 PM
After he threw the pick, he fought off a blocker and made the tackle or the guy would have scored. Instead we hold them to a FG on that drive.

Kudos to Trent :clap:

Pasta Giant Meatball
12-04-2005, 06:37 PM
he's one tough SOB what a play

KCinNY
12-04-2005, 06:38 PM
Excellent point.

Took a good angle and made a good tackle.

Might have saved the game.

Count Zarth
12-04-2005, 06:38 PM
That play was better than any play Jerome Woods has made in the last 2 seasons.

the Talking Can
12-04-2005, 06:39 PM
He tackles better than Lynch.

tk13
12-04-2005, 06:39 PM
Very good point. When he threw that pick I thought the DB was gone for 6.

JBucc
12-04-2005, 06:40 PM
He could teach Wesley a thing or two

greg63
12-04-2005, 06:40 PM
he's one tough SOB what a play

Tougher than he's given credit for.

greg63
12-04-2005, 06:43 PM
Excellent point.

Took a good angle and made a good tackle.

Might have saved the game.

Hey is that a pic of Fake Plumber right after tonights game as your avatar??? ROFL

Raiderhader
12-04-2005, 06:46 PM
If he hadn't over thrown his WR in the first place, the tackle wouldn't have been necessary.

That being said, it was a hell of an effort on his behalf.

KCinNY
12-04-2005, 06:52 PM
Hey is that a pic of Fake Plumber right after tonights game as your avatar??? ROFL

Comparing Federal League great Jack Hanson to gay-icon Plummer?!?!

Blasphemy!

mac58
12-04-2005, 06:54 PM
he is a tough mofo. gotta love him

Rudy lost the toss
12-04-2005, 06:57 PM
I still think Horn slowed down

Spott
12-04-2005, 06:58 PM
It was a bad INT, but he made up for it by making a gutsy tackle that a lot of QB's in this league would have given up on. Turns out that the 4 points he saved on that tackle was the difference in the game.

Sure-Oz
12-04-2005, 07:00 PM
he didnt give up, it was a bad INT on his part but it took guts to not just fall over and accept it, he wanted that game!

Skip Towne
12-04-2005, 07:02 PM
He could teach Wesley a thing or two
Heh, in the game thread I asked him to teach Wesley how to tackle.

jidar
12-04-2005, 07:03 PM
Oh man that was sweet. I didn't see it was Trent until I saw his number in the replay, he was moving faster than I've ever seen him move. I was thinking he was pissed at the guy for picking him off.

KcMizzou
12-04-2005, 07:03 PM
he didnt give up, it was a bad INT on his part but it took guts to not just fall over and accept it, he wanted that game!He could have pulled a Grbac. You know... flop over and pretend he was injured.

Skip Towne
12-04-2005, 07:05 PM
That returner had three blockers yet Trent got to him and brought him down. Trent isn't the most athletic guy in the world but he sure makes the most of what he's got.

OldTownChief
12-04-2005, 07:05 PM
He could have pulled a Grbac. You know... flop over and pretend he was injured.

Yep..Or turn around and run for his life through the back of the end zone.

Pitt Gorilla
12-04-2005, 07:06 PM
I was blown away by Trent's "speed" to make the tackle. Very, very impressive. That and the 4th down stop were the plays of the game, IMO.

ChiefsCountry
12-04-2005, 07:19 PM
Trent made a good tackle, give him credit for that.

ChiefsCountry
12-04-2005, 07:19 PM
Also it would have been a defense highlight during Spinner's years as DC.

greg63
12-04-2005, 09:27 PM
That returner had three blockers yet Trent got to him and brought him down. Trent isn't the most athletic guy in the world but he sure makes the most of what he's got.

Yup! At least he didn't allow the score after the pick.

philfree
12-04-2005, 09:30 PM
Trent's audible and then naked bootleg for the 1st down was a great play by a great QB.

PhilFree:arrow:

Skip Towne
12-04-2005, 09:31 PM
Yup! At least he didn't allow the score after the pick.
At least? You let me know when you see another QB make a game saving tackle. That's heroic shit.

Guru
12-04-2005, 09:31 PM
After he threw the pick, he fought off a blocker and made the tackle or the guy would have scored. Instead we hold them to a FG on that drive.

Kudos to Trent :clap:

That tackle was great. Gotta love a guy that never gives up.

Sure-Oz
12-04-2005, 09:32 PM
He could have pulled a Grbac. You know... flop over and pretend he was injured.
exactly, he is tougher than given credit for.

Guru
12-04-2005, 09:33 PM
Or like Collins tonight and just play dead when he had a good shot at stopping a SD TD.

Wa-Z
12-04-2005, 09:34 PM
I couldn't believe that it was him that made the tackle!!

Sure-Oz
12-04-2005, 10:08 PM
Or like Collins tonight and just play dead when he had a good shot at stopping a SD TD.
damn they are horrible, that team has no vision or direction at all. Norv should get the hook soon, pitiful, i think the texans can beat them.

TRR
12-04-2005, 10:24 PM
Horn was pretty slow coming off the line. However, Trent shouldn't have put it there in the first place.

The first INT to Gonzalez, if you watch that play, it looks like Gonzalez gator-armed it. He put one hand up, and then covered up. Anyone else notice that? He thought he was going to get blasted, so he tipped that ball straight up in the air by accident.

Count Zarth
12-04-2005, 10:54 PM
Horn was pretty slow coming off the line. However, Trent shouldn't have put it there in the first place.

The first INT to Gonzalez, if you watch that play, it looks like Gonzalez gator-armed it. He put one hand up, and then covered up. Anyone else notice that? He thought he was going to get blasted, so he tipped that ball straight up in the air by accident.

That first INT was all on Gonzo.

Coach
12-04-2005, 10:58 PM
Yeah, Gonzo tried to gator-arm it, but wasn't the pass thrown high prior to the point?

I thought the pass was somewhat high, and that Gonzo was trying to get it down with one hand. Normally, people jump a bit higher with one hand in the air than 2 for the most part.

Demonpenz
12-04-2005, 11:04 PM
i would like a gif of trent diving for the first down elway style

Count Zarth
12-04-2005, 11:11 PM
i would like a gif of trent diving for the first down elway style

This play scared me. Trent got nailed right on his knee. I don't know if it was his bad knee.

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/9751/green8ydscramble0ol.gif (http://imageshack.us)

Demonpenz
12-04-2005, 11:13 PM
man i thought he dove on that. Shit nevermind that just looks painful. After years and years of pussified QB's Trents toughness has blown me away. Grbono and company couldn't pick a splinter out without crying.

philfree
12-04-2005, 11:14 PM
This play scared me. Trent got nailed right on his knee. I don't know if it was his bad knee.

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/9751/green8ydscramble0ol.gif (http://imageshack.us)

That was a great play by Green. He audilbled to that play and called his own number and made it count. Trent is the man!

Redcoats58
12-04-2005, 11:15 PM

Trent's a warrior though. His tackle off the interception worried me more.

Count Zarth
12-04-2005, 11:16 PM
He put his head down. HE PUT HIS HEAD DOWN!

What did Jake do? He slid like the little puss'n'bitch he is.

jspchief
12-04-2005, 11:17 PM

The first INT to Gonzalez, if you watch that play, it looks like Gonzalez gator-armed it. He put one hand up, and then covered up. Anyone else notice that? He thought he was going to get blasted, so he tipped that ball straight up in the air by accident.Gonzo's once amazing hands look like they're made of granite the last couple years. The guy drops a lot of stuff that he shouldn't.

Flame away.

TRR
12-04-2005, 11:18 PM
Yeah, Gonzo tried to gator-arm it, but wasn't the pass thrown high prior to the point?

I thought the pass was somewhat high, and that Gonzo was trying to get it down with one hand. Normally, people jump a bit higher with one hand in the air than 2 for the most part.

The pass was high, but that's where Gonzo tells Green to put it. Put it up high, and let him use his so-called basketball skills.

Redcoats58
12-04-2005, 11:19 PM
You could tell Trent didn't care about the first down, he wanted the endzone.

TRR
12-04-2005, 11:20 PM
Gonzo's once amazing hands look like they're made of granite the last couple years. The guy drops a lot of stuff that he shouldn't.

Flame away.

Gonzo has always dropped some easy one's. Ever since he got into the league. I remember I almost got killed a long time ago for saying that Ted Popson had better hands than Tony Gonzalez.

Sure-Oz
12-05-2005, 12:26 AM
haha you said ted popson, damn i haven't heard that name in forever lol

greg63
12-05-2005, 12:35 AM
At least? You let me know when you see another QB make a game saving tackle. That's heroic shit.

Good point! :thumb:

huskerdooz
12-05-2005, 12:59 AM
he didnt give up, it was a bad INT on his part but it took guts to not just fall over and accept it, he wanted that game!

I can remember a couple of former SF 3rd string QBs that would never have made that tackle. Heck, they wouldn't have been anywhere near the sideline let alone make the tackle.

As for the INT, I'm not sure how acurate his analysis was but Phil Simms remarked that the inaccuracy of the pass was caused by Trent trying to throw the pass too quickly. This was because the cold weather didn't allow him to get a good enough grip on the ball. Or something like that anyway

Ultra Peanut
12-05-2005, 01:00 AM
Twas HYUGE.

huskerdooz
12-05-2005, 01:19 AM
Trent's audible and then naked bootleg for the 1st down was a great play by a great QB.

Damn, are you sure it was an audible to a naked boot? Sure looked like a busted play to me. Afterwards it showed Trent talking to LJ which reinforced the thought that LJ missed the audible call.

Count Zarth
12-05-2005, 03:21 AM
I looked at the replay. It's definitely a busted play. Great heads up move by Green.

philfree
12-05-2005, 03:28 AM
Damn, are you sure it was an audible to a naked boot? Sure looked like a busted play to me. Afterwards it showed Trent talking to LJ which reinforced the thought that LJ missed the audible call.

I couldn't see that conversation live but it was clear live that Green called an audible. As I watch the replay it may come to bare that it was a broken play but the two facts will remain that Trent audilbled and he bootlegged for a 1st down. I'm not sure which is better a called boot or a brokenlegged boot but Trent got the 1st down and it was a great play by him.

Pants
12-05-2005, 03:34 AM

He was a bit slow to get up too. I was kind surprised because I ddn't see him get hit in the knee, looked like he just got taken down.

All that dirty f*ck had to do was push him out of bounds, but no, ****ing asshole had to go for the knees.

huskerdooz
12-05-2005, 03:45 AM
I couldn't see that conversation live but it was clear live that Green called an audible. As I watch the replay it may come to bare that it was a broken play but the two facts will remain that Trent audilbled and he bootlegged for a 1st down. I'm not sure which is better a called boot or a brokenlegged boot but Trent got the 1st down and it was a great play by him.

I agree completely, it was very evident that Trent audibled out of the called play when he read blitz then when it ended up that LJ (I'm assuming) missed the audible, he was resourceful enough to make a great out of a potential loss.

Interestingly, Phil Simms and the play by play guy were commenting on it afterwards, the PBP guy remarkked how fast Trent was running and Phil responded that he knew why, it was because of fear. I found that rather ammusing. I agree with one thing though, Trent looked like he was running faster yesterday than he has in the past. Obviously not being knocked on his @$$ as much the past couple of weeks (with the return of big Willie) has paid divedends in other areas as well. It looks like Trent is healthier than he has been all season.

Pants
12-05-2005, 03:52 AM
It looks like Trent is healthier than he has been all season.

Not after that tackle, he isn't.

philfree
12-05-2005, 03:57 AM
I agree completely, it was very evident that Trent audibled out of the called play when he read blitz then when it ended up that LJ (I'm assuming) missed the audible, he was resourceful enough to make a great out of a potential loss.

Interestingly, Phil Simms and the play by play guy were commenting on it afterwards, the PBP guy remarkked how fast Trent was running and Phil responded that he knew why, it was because of fear. I found that rather ammusing. I agree with one thing though, Trent looked like he was running faster yesterday than he has in the past. Obviously not being knocked on his @$$ as much the past couple of weeks (with the return of big Willie) has paid divedends in other areas as well. It looks like Trent is healthier than he has been all season.

I just watched it on the tivo and Trent did turn to LJ who just stood there and then Trent without any hesitation took off and got the 1st down. I bet LJ was supposed to take a handoff to the left side of the O where Trent ran for the 1st down. Still a great play by a great QB.

huskerdooz
12-05-2005, 04:03 AM
Not after that tackle, he isn't.

He still looked like he had good wheels when he ran down Williams after the INT.