PDA

View Full Version : Roaf and Welbourne - Difference makers

Rain Man
12-04-2005, 06:49 PM
I'm watching a recording of the game now, and on LJ's 30 yard run (the one not long before Lynch's cheap shot), some Bronco dude came screaming up to hit Larry. Willie Roaf was blocking some other Broncos dude, and with a split-second notice managed to get his arm out and peel off to take the guy out of the play. It was a true top-notch block that saved LJ from taking a big hit.

As for Welbourne, he appeared to be the key blocker on LJ's first TD. He dominated his side of the line on that play.

As for Lynch's cheap shot, I just saw him draw a second unsportsmanlike conduct for saying bad, bad things to one of the officials. They ought to ban that Romanowski wannabe.

the Talking Can
12-04-2005, 06:53 PM
the OL was vintage today...in the second half we ran RIGHT a lot, with success...for a TD even, I think...and Trent had great protection...oh what a difference an OL makes

Count Zarth
12-04-2005, 06:53 PM
We can finally run right again. And it's because of Roid Rage Welbourn.

His pass protection's been good too. For all his talk, Trevor Pryce was INIVISBLE today.

the Talking Can
12-04-2005, 06:55 PM
We can finally run right again. And it's because of Roid Rage Welbourn.

His pass protection's been good too. For all his talk, Trevor Pryce was INIVISBLE today.

Pryce has always choked in big games...see: Colts.

Rain Man
12-04-2005, 06:57 PM
On another note, I don't know why I have to spell Welbourn with an "e" on the end. I think he's misspelling it.

Dunit35
12-04-2005, 06:58 PM
Pryce has always choked in big games...see: Colts.

No doubt, Pryce sure is a badass huh?

Count Zarth
12-04-2005, 06:58 PM
I think Shields play has gotten better as the season has worn on, too.

Count Zarth
12-04-2005, 06:59 PM
No doubt, Pryce sure is a badass huh?

All Pryce did was talk all week. He's a putz. Not even half the linemen he once was.

Tribal Warfare
12-04-2005, 06:59 PM
Now, some individuals need to realize this is the reason KC must draft a premeire OT in this year's draft after Roaf retires.

JBucc
12-04-2005, 07:00 PM
All of them played great today. If they do that every game we can beat anybody.

ROYC75
12-04-2005, 07:01 PM
Noticed Trent didn't get sacked ...

That says alot right there.

Sure-Oz
12-04-2005, 07:02 PM
yeah ididnt see prYce at all today

Count Zarth
12-04-2005, 07:03 PM
Courtney Brown did a nice disappearing act, too.

Coach
12-04-2005, 07:08 PM
Practically almost all the Broncos' D-linemen did a nice disappearing act.

Rain Man
12-04-2005, 07:09 PM
Courtney Brown did a nice disappearing act, too.

Well, that's not exactly true. He had that offsides penalty in the first half.

Count Zarth
12-04-2005, 07:10 PM
Practically almost all the Broncos' D-linemen did a nice disappearing act.

Denver's D.J. Williams is nothing special too, if you ask me.

I'd say our DJ is the better DJ.

Rain Man
12-04-2005, 07:12 PM
Denver's D.J. Williams is nothing special too, if you ask me.

I'd say our DJ is the better DJ.

He had a pretty impressive cheap shot against LJ in the fourth quarter, after LJ was out of bounds.

Count Zarth
12-04-2005, 07:13 PM
He had a pretty impressive cheap shot against LJ in the fourth quarter, after LJ was out of bounds.

Yeah, and it wasn't flagged.

I think Denver is using him more for coverage or something. He hasn't made many plays. For all his speed he doesn't have a sack.

morphius
12-04-2005, 07:16 PM
That was an impressive showing after our first meeting. Their D has looked pretty good in most the games actually, but tonight other then one pressure by Pryce, there was almost nothing from them at all.

Sadly they did almost the same thing to our DL.

Rain Man
12-04-2005, 07:17 PM
Yeah, and it wasn't flagged.

I think Denver is using him more for coverage or something. He hasn't made many plays. For all his speed he doesn't have a sack.

And he hasn't tackled the quarterback on a pass attempt, either.

Count Zarth
12-04-2005, 07:18 PM
You have to be impressed with our O. Everyone involved did great. I've watched almost every Denver game and their D is very, very impressive.

I'd like to throw out kudos to Al Saunders. He managed to implement a gameplan that suceeded in raping their secondary with only one catch from Tony Gonzalez. In years past we were helpless.

unlurking
12-04-2005, 07:23 PM
Now, some individuals need to realize this is the reason KC must draft a premeire OT in this year's draft after Roaf retires.

OTs usually take time to develop (even premiere candidates). I'd rather pick one up in FA. I remember reading a thread a month or so back that had some big names that would be FAs this year.

Still thinking a WR early, with offensive lineman in the first 2 or 3.