PDA

View Full Version : Deep thoughts on the Bronco game..with Donkhater

donkhater
12-04-2005, 07:49 PM
1. Now you know why Carl drafted LJ. NO, not because he is a freaking stud, but KC did and still has (with Priest hurt) absolutely ZERO depth at the position of most importance on this team.

2. Mitchell played OK. Came up with big plays, but the Broncos sure seemed to move the ball at will. If it wasn't for them trying to get too cute, it might have been different.

3. I think the Chiefs got lucky on that Lynch penalty. Yes it was a helmet-to-helmet to a defenseless reciever, but I've seen refs let that go in other games. Kennision also seemed to duck his heat down prior to the contact. By rule, I think it was the correct call, I just think KC was lucky to get it in that situation.

4. It was a REALLY boneheaded play to get an unsportsmanlike after that, though. As cold as it was, Tynes couldn't get the ball to the 15. Don't think it hurt them since Saurbruan BOOMED his punt, dumb nonetheless.

5. Went absolutely ballistic with the 4th down spot. What on earth was that ref watching? Guess Lamar and Peterson will vote for replay now, eh?

6. Thank you, ratface. 3 seconds left in the half, ball on the 34. Do you attempt a long half-ending FG? No. Do you throw it into the endzone hoping to get lucky? No. You run Mike Anderson off tackle. Mastermind. :rolleyes:

7. Great, great game by the offensive line. 168 yards rushing and no sacks? Awesome. Bring it again next week, big fellas.

8. Saw on some other boards some Bronco fans whining about holding, particularly on LJ's sweep TD. Sims was absolutely right in his commentary. Check the tape on your own Broncos and you'll see when they don't dive at the DL's kness, they grab the jersey, too.

That's all I have, for now. I need another beer. WOO-Hoo!!!

ChiefsfaninPA
12-04-2005, 07:52 PM
The game was great. The offense looked much improved with all of our linemen in. As you alluded to, Green wasn't sacked once and had a lot of time to throw from the pocket. Our receivers really stepped up big time. Beside the Tony G tip and Horn tip they did a real good job. Next up-------------- Cowgirls

the Talking Can
12-04-2005, 07:54 PM
the TD pass to Kennison we had called back on a phantom holding call more than evened things out

KCChiefsFan88
12-04-2005, 07:55 PM
Another factor on offense was Samie Parker I thought. I was one of those people who thought Boerigter or Horn should have been playing ahead of Parker, earlier in the season, but since Samie has returned from his injury he has looked much more comfortable in the offense

Dunit35
12-04-2005, 07:55 PM
Tony G's blocking had no holding involved what so ever.

donkhater
12-04-2005, 07:56 PM
the TD pass to Kennison we had called back on a phantom holding call more than evened things out
I kind of thought the same thing, but I never really saw a good replay of it.

donkhater
12-04-2005, 07:58 PM
Another factor on offense was Samie Parker I thought. I was one of those people who thought Boerigter or Horn should have been playing ahead of Parker, earlier in the season, but since Samie has returned from his injury he has looked much more comfortable in the offense
As Mitchell and LJ are showing, you've got give young guys sime time. Parker sure has been playing better, but he's got to keep it up.

Frankie
12-04-2005, 08:27 PM
As Mitchell and LJ are showing, you've got give young guys sime time. Parker sure has been playing better, but he's got to keep it up.
I've stayed on the Parker bandwagon even when most here wanted him outa town. But, in all fairness, he did have a fumble after a catch. Lucky for us it went out of bounds.