PDA

View Full Version : IM sticking to my predictions

Deberg_1990
12-04-2005, 09:51 PM
I predicted a win today in a squeeker.

Next week's Cowboy game: Win, Dallas has a tough D, but their Offense sucks.

at Giants: Loss, Tough place to play and we have never played well against Coughlin coached teams.

Chargers at home: Loss, Marty is the best REGULAR SEASON coach of all time. Will be close either way and basically the 1st round of the playoffs for us.

Cinci: Win, game may or may not matter to them?? I think we win regardless.

Bowser
12-04-2005, 09:52 PM
We'll beat the Chargers, but I agree we'll lose to the Giants.

recxjake
12-04-2005, 09:54 PM
I think we will win all of them, Cincy will sit the starters and then play them the following week when we play them again!

keg in kc
12-04-2005, 09:55 PM
We won't lose to san diego at home. We may get swept on the road, however. Or we may win out. 12-4 wouldn't stun me at this point any more than 10-6 or 11-5 would.

Count Alex's Losses
12-04-2005, 09:56 PM
What are the odds of Cincy resting their starters? That could be key.

Win out at home and split on the road. That's my formula for the playoffs.

Either way we are beating Dallas, because I am attending and WE HAVE NEVER LOST A GAME I ATTEND.

tk13
12-04-2005, 09:56 PM
San Diego has to play @ Indy the week before they play in Arrowhead. I think that's a big advantage to us... at least I hope it is. Real tough to play 2 weeks in a row on the road... especially in two loud places like that, plus they gotta come halfway across the country twice.

Count Alex's Losses
12-04-2005, 09:57 PM
And really, that game against Indy is a guaranteed loss if you ask me. That means if we beat them, we bury them (pending our other games).

FringeNC
12-04-2005, 09:58 PM
If we beat the two AFC teams (luckily at home), I think we'll make the playoffs. We could almost lose both NFC games, and still have a decent shot...

If we run the table, and finish 12-4, and Denver wins all except SD and finishes 12-4, who wins the division?

VonneMarie
12-04-2005, 09:59 PM
No way we lose to Sandy Eggo at home.

KChiefsQT
12-04-2005, 10:21 PM
If we beat the two AFC teams (luckily at home), I think we'll make the playoffs. We could almost lose both NFC games, and still have a decent shot...

If we run the table, and finish 12-4, and Denver wins all except SD and finishes 12-4, who wins the division?
Doesn't it go to division wins?? Whoever has more...?

Hoover
12-04-2005, 10:30 PM
So if Indy beats Jax next week they will be 13-0, so we need Denver to win to make sure they don't clench Homefield till after they play the chargers

tk13
12-04-2005, 10:36 PM
So if Indy beats Jax next week they will be 13-0, so we need Denver to win to make sure they don't clench Homefield till after they play the chargers
Nope, I don't believe so. With our win today, Indy clinches homefield with a win next week. They have the head-to-head tiebreaker over Cincy, and there's no way Denver could win a tiebreaker with the Colts. The Chargers are the last AFC team the Colts play, so Indy would be 11-0 in the conference going into that game and Denver can't top that after today.

cdcox
12-04-2005, 11:05 PM
Nope, I don't believe so. With our win today, Indy clinches homefield with a win next week. They have the head-to-head tiebreaker over Cincy, and there's no way Denver could win a tiebreaker with the Colts. The Chargers are the last AFC team the Colts play, so Indy would be 11-0 in the conference going into that game and Denver can't top that after today.

Yep. If dingy is serious about resting his starters, he can start doing so against the Chargers, if Indy wins next week.

HIChief
12-04-2005, 11:46 PM
The Chiefs will do whatever they want to do--at home, on the road, and in the playoffs, barring a critical injury to any of our playmakers of course. There's no one they cannot beat on any given day--even the Colts. There! Is that homer enough for you all? Hail to you, our Chiefs! You pulled out all the stops tonight, and left your hearts and souls on the field. Enjoy your victory sensibly, and come back to work on Tuesday hungrier than you were for this one. Thanks for a truly thrilling day, and may God bless you all!

Count Alex's Losses
12-04-2005, 11:46 PM
Hell, we match up pretty good against the Colts.

tk13
12-04-2005, 11:52 PM
Hell, we match up pretty good against the Colts.
I think so. I really do. I think we match up with them as well as any team in the AFC. We can pound their D-line and hit Manning in the mouth.

Count Alex's Losses
12-04-2005, 11:53 PM
I think so. I really do. I think we match up with them as well as any team in the AFC. We can pound their D-line and hit Manning in the mouth.

Well, we still lack a consistent pass rush. But hell, Gunther devised a good enough scheme to beat them last year when their offense was superior.

Larry Johnson is the PERFECT running back to use against Indianapolis.

Count Alex's Losses
12-04-2005, 11:54 PM
I'm kind of sad Priest Holmes is on IR. :(

RINGLEADER
12-04-2005, 11:55 PM
If we lose to the Chargers our playoff hopes go up in smoke IMO. I think we split the Cowboy/Giants games and win against San Diego and Cincy. Regardless of what Jacksonville does we're in as either the 5th or 6th seed. I think there's a great chance we're going to be playing Cincy in back-to-back weeks (would love to say we can win the division but the only remaining game I see the Broncos losing is the last one in San Diego).

Not only are we going to have to beat the best to reach the playoffs, I think we're going to be playing Cincy, then Indy, then Denver (all on the road) to get to the Super Bowl.

Count Alex's Losses
12-04-2005, 11:57 PM
If we lose to the Chargers our playoff hopes go up in smoke IMO.

Probably.

tk13
12-05-2005, 12:12 AM
Yep, we're going to have a hard time beating San Diego in tiebreakers I think. We need to beat them, although it would be nice if they melted down and lost to Indy/KC/and maybe Denver depending on if we can stay within a game of them or not.

And I wouldn't chalk it up as a 6 seed having to go to Cincy yet. Cincy's schedule is a cakewalk up to the KC game at the end. They could knock Denver down to a 3 seed if they happen to slip up somewhere...

Count Alex's Losses
12-05-2005, 12:14 AM
it would be nice if they melted down and lost to Indy/KC/Den.

Oh yeah...I forgot about that.

Gentlemen...there is no way, we can lose!

http://www.makeupandmonsters.com/IMAGES/PROJECTS/MARSATTACKS/JN4.jpg

TRR
12-05-2005, 12:24 AM
To make the playoffs, I think KC has to at least win one of the two remaining road games. Beating either Dallas or NY.

Count Alex's Losses
12-05-2005, 12:25 AM
I think we can win both. The Giants D is nothing special, and Eli's not that great either. Plaxico and Shockey worry the hell out of me though.

tk13
12-05-2005, 12:29 AM
To make the playoffs, I think KC has to at least win one of the two remaining road games. Beating either Dallas or NY.
That's what I've been hoping for all along since we started this final 6 stretch. Win the home games, split the road games. That'd give us 11-5, and if that doesn't get us in, then it really just wasn't our year. I think we can beat both of these NFC teams but to do it in back to back weeks would be quite a feat. Especially on a short week against the Giants.

Plus, if we're going to drop one game, I'd rather it be against an NFC team.

ChiefsCountry
12-05-2005, 12:41 AM
11-5, lose to NY. We seem to always suck up in the Meadowlands against the Giants.

Ultra Peanut
12-05-2005, 12:45 AM
I'm kind of sad Priest Holmes is on IR. :(This FINALLY hits you?

SBK
12-05-2005, 01:24 AM
Am I the only guy that hopes Indy goes undefeated and we go and beat em at their place in the playoffs.

We owe em a few home playoff losses don't we?

ChiefsCountry
12-05-2005, 01:27 AM
Am I the only guy that hopes Indy goes undefeated and we go and beat em at their place in the playoffs.

There was a thread about that earlier this week.

tk13
12-05-2005, 01:30 AM

Oh yeah, it'd be hilarious if they went undefeated then lost in the playoffs. I'm not sure if I'm rooting for it but I'd enjoy it. I hope we get the shot to do it... we owe 'em one.

If not us, I hope it's New England, because that would be funny as heck to watch Belichick go in there and ruin Manning like that... nobody is even talking about New England, they're kinda the forgotten team. They're probably going to get Jax in their house in the cold and beat them, and somebody is gonna have to slay that dragon eventually. I'm not putting them in the Super Bowl but they have the potential to screw somebody up....