PDA

View Full Version : Jake Plummer=Kordell Stewart

CanadaKC
12-04-2005, 09:57 PM
Good mobility, good athlete, makes good plays at times...but product of good coaching, perpencity to choke in the big games, generally over-hyped...and both are gay according to Orangemane.

Count Zarth
12-04-2005, 09:59 PM
Shanarat almost blew a gasket after that first INT. ROFL

Deberg_1990
12-04-2005, 10:08 PM
Hes better than Kordell. Hes a great innovator of making something out of nothing, but until he can sit in the pocket and read a defense he wont take the Donkeys very far in the playoffs.

Halfcan
12-04-2005, 10:29 PM
I bet he is still feeling the hit DJ put on his sorry azz.

Miles
12-04-2005, 10:31 PM
Hes better than Kordell. Hes a great innovator of making something out of nothing, but until he can sit in the pocket and read a defense he wont take the Donkeys very far in the playoffs.

Yep and he definitly pulled a few plays out on us today. QBs with poor decesion making are not exactly uncommon but Plummer is one the better ones.

FringeNC
12-04-2005, 10:34 PM
Plummer is way better than Kordell Stewart. There is a reason Kordell isn't in the league any more: He sucks (no pun intended).

Count Zarth
12-04-2005, 10:49 PM
I felt like Jake had a very average game. He got 120 yards on two completions, one of which was a freaking screen pass.

Other than that he was 16 out of 27 for 150 yards.

And his two interceptions were a ten point swing. -7 for Denver, +3 for KC.

Count Zarth
12-04-2005, 10:50 PM
How ****ing awesome was it to see Jake toss two picks after the Donk fans have been crowing about "The New, Improved Jake" all season?

I was rooting for Greg Wesley to pick off the hail mary just to make Jake's stats look bad.

jspchief
12-04-2005, 11:01 PM
Green on the boot in the red zone, lowers his shoulder to try and bang it in.

Plummer on the boot in the red zone, slides a foot short.

Plummer is a pussy. That's probably why they had Van Pelt run it that TD in, because they knew Plummer would curl up in the fetal position at the one foot line.

Miles
12-04-2005, 11:02 PM
How ****ing awesome was it to see Jake toss two picks after the Donk fans have been crowing about "The New, Improved Jake" all season?

I was rooting for Greg Wesley to pick off the hail mary just to make Jake's stats look bad.

No kidding that rocked. Not to mention the few that could have easily been picked off as well.

Guru
12-04-2005, 11:03 PM

Plummer is a pussy. That's probably why they had Van Pelt run it that TD in, because they knew Plummer would curl up in the fetal position at the one foot line.

What a joke that was on Plummet's part. Why would you slide into the endzone. Friggin wimp!!!!

CanadaKC
12-05-2005, 07:55 AM
post this thread on Orangemane and that board will implode... :p

Mile High Mania
12-05-2005, 08:07 AM
Well, it's not like Green didn't have big yards on 2 plays. And, you want your QB to slide... good gawd, they still scored. Sure, if a QB goes head first it's great, but if he doesn't slide... then he takes a hit and is injured, then people say "Plummer is a dumbass, he should have slid."

Plummer threw a couple of picks... shocker! So did Trent and both had a pick that was caused after a deflection.

Plummer has done well and he made several great plays yesterday.

Extra Point
12-05-2005, 08:18 AM
Yeah, let Plummer slide! (Into third place, along with the Broncs, after losing the rest of their games this season!) Let the implosion begin!!!

jidar
12-05-2005, 08:23 AM
Green leaping in an attempt to get into the End Zone and Plummer sliding before getting to the end zone a few minutes later.

That says it all.
I'll take Trent Green any day of the week and twice on sundays.

Skip Towne
12-05-2005, 08:28 AM

Yeah, there's that plus Trent had more tackles than Plummer.

Lzen
12-05-2005, 09:49 AM
No kidding that rocked. Not to mention the few that could have easily been picked off as well.

No doubt. Warfield should've had one. I think he was so surprised the is came almost right to him, he didn't react in time. He was more concerned about trying to make the tackle had the pass been to the receiver.

I know Trent had 2 picks, but his were not due to bad reads like Plummint's. One was maybe a little high to Tony G., but Tony has to catch those. The other just got away from him and went high. If he had thrown it lower, the probably would've been a decent gain.

Mile High Mania
12-05-2005, 09:53 AM
No doubt. Warfield should've had one. I think he was so surprised the is came almost right to him, he didn't react in time. He was more concerned about trying to make the tackle had the pass been to the receiver.

I know Trent had 2 picks, but his were not due to bad reads like Plummint's. One was maybe a little high to Tony G., but Tony has to catch those. The other just got away from him and went high. If he had thrown it lower, the probably would've been a decent gain.

:clap: Good to see it's not just me making excuses for INTs. Plummer made a bad decision in the red zone. Trent threw a bad duck that was picked off. It happens.

Kerberos
12-05-2005, 10:34 AM
:clap: Good to see it's not just me making excuses for INTs. Plummer made a bad decision in the red zone. Trent threw a bad duck that was picked off. It happens.

Denver had a bad game at Arrowhead against the Chiefs .... "Shocker"?

Not hardly. Denver has a hard time winning in KC and ditto for KC in Denver.

Denver is still a great football team and they will probably win the Division and thus go into the playoffs with a first round bye (maybe).

Chiefs may slide in on a wildcard but we almost have to WIN 3 out of the next 4 just for a chance. 4 out of 4 would almost be a sure thing but isn't realistic unless they keep playing at the level they have been playing at the last two weeks.

One thing I really think might actually be in KC's favor is the fact that we ARE playing teams with winning records from here on out. We seem to play winning teams VERY STRONG and play DOWN to losing teams and let them beat us. I hope we can keep the intensity up and go into the next 4 weeks and KICK ASS.

Anyone on this board that thinks Denver can't go all the way is kidding themselves. They have the talent but I don't know that Plummer is the guy that can get them over the speed bump in Indy.

Peyton kind of OWNS Shanahan in the Playoffs!

:shrug:

Brock
12-05-2005, 10:38 AM

There is no better illustration of the difference between these two quarterbacks' character. Jake is neither physically tough nor mentally tough. Plus he's gay.

vailpass
12-05-2005, 10:43 AM
There is no better illustration of the difference between these two quarterbacks' character. Jake is neither physically tough nor mentally tough. Plus he's gay.

Today is a day for you to enjoy the biggest win of the season for your team and I'll not rain on your parade.

Look at the replay of Jake's slide (GoChiefs, King of all Video should be able to get it). If Jake did not slide there was a KC defender coming in to take his head off. Are you telling me Trent has never taken a slide?
Stupid isn't a QB sliding; stupid is a QB not sliding and getting killed.

Last point: the defintion of veteran NFL starting QBs is mentally and physically tough. KC won a home game yestereday which is cause for celebration but certainly not justification for the overzealous hyperbole being spun on this thread.

I now return you to your well earned victory celebration.

Brock
12-05-2005, 10:50 AM
Stupid isn't a QB sliding; stupid is a QB not sliding and getting killed.

I doubt you said that about Jock when he got helicoptered in the Super Bowl.

vailpass
12-05-2005, 11:17 AM
I doubt you said that about Jock when he got helicoptered in the Super Bowl.

I doubt you seriously compare Elway making a final run for glory to cap off a HOF career with a SB win with Jake making a routine regular season play against a team that will probably not make the playoffs.

Brock
12-05-2005, 11:22 AM
I doubt you seriously compare Elway making a final run for glory to cap off a HOF career with a SB win with Jake making a routine regular season play against a team that will probably not make the playoffs.

ROFL I love how you Bronco fans arrogant BS always comes back to bite you in the ass.

Elway's drive for winning wasn't something he just acquired in 97 and 98, and it is obviously what your team has lacked since he left. But go ahead, have it your way. ROFL

vailpass
12-05-2005, 11:36 AM
ROFL I love how you Bronco fans arrogant BS always comes back to bite you in the ass.

Elway's drive for winning wasn't something he just acquired in 97 and 98, and it is obviously what your team has lacked since he left. But go ahead, have it your way. ROFL

I'll limit the areas from which I take input regarding the drive necessary to win SBs to those fans whose teams have recent experience.
Althogh that disqualifies you I am receptive to any reccomendations yo might make concerning 5 year plans that last for 15 years, career.500 coaches who can't get to the playoffs but are sure swell guys, and cheerleaders who used to be men. :p

CanadaKC
12-05-2005, 11:50 AM
Like Kordell under Cowher...Jake is the product of Shanahan's coaching and scheme. Woohoo...he can run a bootleg justy like Kordell did...but in Arizona...Plummer did squat. When the game is on the line...both these gay QB's will throw the ball into triple coverage...and all the hard work by the rest of the team will go down the tubes. I'm sure glad we didn't pick up this bum (boy).

Chiefs Pantalones
12-05-2005, 12:03 PM
Jake was back to his old self, both this game and the Dallas game. I really don't think he's ever changed, the Broncos have had the benefit of good running games and a D that will stop a bad O.

vailpass
12-05-2005, 12:05 PM
Jake was back to his old self, both this game and the Dallas game. I really don't think he's ever changed, the Broncos have had the benefit of good running games and a D that will stop a bad O.

2 INTs makes= Jake the Bad/

Does that mean that

2 INTs= TrInt?

I don't think so. IMHO the game was frantic and turnovers are part of the pace. Let's see what happens over the last 4 games and then make a well-informed judgement using a complete data set.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-05-2005, 12:08 PM
2 INTs makes= Jake the Bad/

Does that mean that

2 INTs= TrInt?

I don't think so. IMHO the game was frantic and turnovers are part of the pace. Let's see what happens over the last 4 games and then make a well-informed judgement using a complete data set.

Yep. We will see. :) hehehe

CanadaKC
12-05-2005, 12:10 PM
Let's see what happens over the last 4 games and then make a well-informed judgement using a complete data set

Who needs that when ESPN is already ripping Plummer a new ass?
(like he needs more of that stuff anyways)

vailpass
12-05-2005, 12:12 PM

Do you put any stock into what the ESPN heads say about your team?
(rhetorical question :) )

One week they blow sunshine up your ass so bad it tickles, the very next they are kicking dirt on your grave . At the end of the day those clowns are just doing their job.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-05-2005, 12:12 PM

ESPN is ripping Plummer? What are they saying?

CanadaKC
12-05-2005, 12:14 PM
They're wary of Jake's sudden step back to INT's (3 in 30 pass attempts)
and are of the mind that he's slowly leaning back toward his "Jake the Fake" label.