PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else besides me still hate the Sowboys because of the Jimmy Johnson era?

SNR
12-05-2005, 12:58 AM
"America's team" is long gone now. But my hate for the Dullass Sowboys continues. Besides the Viqueens, they are my least favorite NFC team.

We've got to bone these ****ers in the ass next week. In addition to keeping our playoff run going, it would mess with their shot at the playoffs in a big way. It's gonna be tough. It's Parcells at home coming off a tough Thanksgiving loss.

Anyway... yeah... I hate Dallas.

Guru
12-05-2005, 01:05 AM
"America's team" is long gone now. But my hate for the Dullass Sowboys continues. Besides the Viqueens, they are my least favorite NFC team.

We've got to bone these ****ers in the ass next week. In addition to keeping our playoff run going, it would mess with their shot at the playoffs in a big way. It's gonna be tough. It's Parcells at home coming off a tough Thanksgiving loss.

So ummmm, it is safe to say you hate Dallas.

I started hating them when Jerry fired Coach Landry. That was unforgivable.

Count Alex's Losses
12-05-2005, 01:06 AM
Dallas is spiraling. They don't look like the same team they were a month ago.

The Chiefs haven't won in Dallas in a long time.

The first Chiefs game I attended was in Dallas.

It's time to complete the circle.

Amnorix
12-05-2005, 08:13 AM
I liked them under Landry, with guys like Staubach, Dorsett, etc.

Then came that flaming putz, Jerry Jones. He axes Landry and, worse, hires Jimmy Johnson, whom I already hated from his Miami Hurricane days. Then he hires Switzer, who I hated from his Sooner days. Now they have former Patriots coach Parcells, who was busy plotting his escape to the HATED Jets instead of preparing for a Super Bowl game against the Packers.

And, of course, he picks up Terry (biggest p*ssy in the NFL) Glenn, former Jet MEshawn Johnson.

Ya, not alot of love there.

For the record, I'm ambivalent about Bledsoe. Let's say that I'm glad he's a Cowboy cuz it's guaranteed that he'll choke on his own bile in a big game when the big play is needed (see FOUR turnovers in yesterday's Giants game).

KILL 'EM

ptlyon
12-05-2005, 08:19 AM
Add me to the list.

cookster50
12-05-2005, 08:25 AM
It chaps me still.

Mile High Mania
12-05-2005, 08:27 AM
I live in Dallas... but, I've hated them since I was a little kid. I didn't grow up in Texas, but I moved here after college during the early 90s. It was horrible.

Skip Towne
12-05-2005, 08:36 AM
I once loved the Cowboys. They were my team before the Chiefs moved to KC. Then I liked them both. Then Jerry Jones showed up..................

Count Alex's Losses
12-05-2005, 08:39 AM
Jerry Jones is pretty cool. He's one of my heroes. You should all read his biography some time. It's an interesting story. He's a crazy coot.

morphius
12-05-2005, 08:40 AM
I will always hate them because of the "America's Team" thing, you still hear that tossed about at least once a year. It would probably be more then that, but we don't see a lot of them locally.

JimNasium
12-05-2005, 08:44 AM
I hate them for the same reason I hate the Donkeys and the Raiders: unbridled arrogance. Oh, and there's that whole America's Team B.S.

Sully
12-05-2005, 08:46 AM
I hate them.
That being said, I will NOT be boning them in the ass next week.
Sorry.

wilas101
12-05-2005, 08:53 AM
I grew up a Cowboys fan because nobody in my family ever watched football. As a result, the only time I got to watch games was at Thanksgiving with my uncle, who was a Cowboys fan. Those being the days before cable came to our little town I was stuck getting to watch the 2 thanksgiving games each year and that was it. Later I grew up and my sense of community caused a change of loyalty but I still have to list the Cowboys behind the Chiefs for myself.

The good news is that I'm doing things differently in MY house. My son and I watch the Chiefs game every Sunday and usually part of the Sunday night and Monday night games. It didn't take him long to realize that the sound of a football game coming from the TV is enough to make his mother hide in another room of the house until its over. :)

Predarat
12-05-2005, 10:38 AM
I now hate them for blowing that game vs the Doncs on Thanksgiving. Damn Cowboys cant win on the one occasion I cheer for them!!

alpha_omega
12-05-2005, 10:45 AM
Always hated 'em!

SNR
12-05-2005, 05:34 PM
If they seriously think they are America's Team or ever were America's Team, they're a bunch of geniouses

Deberg_1990
12-05-2005, 05:40 PM

Yes very much so. I hate those arrogant ass cowboys of the Aikman/Emmit/Irvin era. It sill chaps my hide that we lost to them in 92 and that 95 Thanksgiving day game. We did finally beat them in 98 at Arrowhead but they werent the same team that year. I believe that was Aikman's only trip to Arrowhead in his career??

BIG_DADDY
12-05-2005, 05:42 PM
Anybody that calls themself Americas team needs their ass beat.

HemiEd
12-05-2005, 05:43 PM
I do not like them because of Jerry Jones.

Brock
12-05-2005, 05:44 PM
Say what you will about them, that team measured up against the best teams of all time.

plbrdude
12-05-2005, 05:47 PM
i do not like them at all. no particular reason. well maybe the thing about the hole in the roof in their stadium was so God could watch them might have something to do with it.