PDA

View Full Version : I Am So Tired Of Hearing About How Tough Our Schedule Is

philfree
12-05-2005, 01:29 AM
The Chiefs have gotten healthy(for the most part) and are on a 3 game win streak. As tough as it is what team do we play the rest of the season who isn't dreading playing us? Who is scared of Who? If(yeah I know a big If.) we can pull off a two win road stent we'll be standing in tall cotton. Jax has Indy this week and then the Chargers get to go play in the dome in Indy the next week. Jax is gonna have a tough time winning with a backup QB and the Chargers are gonna have a hard time in that dome. This is where we can gain ground on a playoff spot but we gotta win on the road. All I can say besides Go! Chiefs! Go! Is Go Colts! (Gawd I hate them as bad as the Donks but......) Go Colts!

PhilFree:arrow:

Nightwish
12-05-2005, 02:45 AM
Not only that, but Denver still has the Chargers in San Diego, last game of the season. That'll probably be a loss for Denver. And I wouldn't be at all surprised if they whiff in Buffalo, too. Buffalo is an easy team to overlook, and that's a mistake. They might pull out a win in that one, but I suspect it'll be one of the hardest-fought wins they'll get this year, if they get it at all. Buffalo in December is one of the least desirable places to play!

Count Alex's Losses
12-05-2005, 03:08 AM
I'm getting tired of it, too. Now that we proved were a good team, all the Donk fans want to talk about is how our schedule is going to **** us.

Pants
12-05-2005, 03:12 AM
Our remaining schedule IS the toughest in NFL, but we did just beat the "#2 team" in the nation.

angryllama
12-05-2005, 03:14 AM
Not only that, but Denver still has the Chargers in San Diego, last game of the season. That'll probably be a loss for Denver. And I wouldn't be at all surprised if they whiff in Buffalo, too. Buffalo is an easy team to overlook, and that's a mistake. They might pull out a win in that one, but I suspect it'll be one of the hardest-fought wins they'll get this year, if they get it at all. Buffalo in December is one of the least desirable places to play!

Buffalo might have been an easy team for KC to overlook, but I dont see Denver doing the same. Winning in Buffalo is tough, but Denver has done much more impressive things on the road than that this season - like pounding Jacksonville and beating Dallas.

Denver also plays Oakland and Baltimore in Denver. I say Denver splits the two road games and picks up the two home wins. That puts Denver at 12-4. 12-4 is virtually out of reach for KC. With the look of their schedule, I would expect a 10-6 season with losses to 2 of SD, CIN, DAL, or NY.

Saying that Denver will drop games to the likes of Buffalo and saying that the Chiefs will win all of those extremely difficult games doesnt seem very reasonable to me. I think that 11-5 is the ceiling for those guys with 9-7 a large possibility.

Nightwish
12-05-2005, 03:21 AM
Well, nothing is a foregone conclusion for any of these three teams (KC, SD, Denver). We'll see in four weeks.

philfree
12-05-2005, 03:34 AM
Buffalo might have been an easy team for KC to overlook, but I dont see Denver doing the same. Winning in Buffalo is tough, but Denver has done much more impressive things on the road than that this season - like pounding Jacksonville and beating Dallas.

Denver also plays Oakland and Baltimore in Denver. I say Denver splits the two road games and picks up the two home wins. That puts Denver at 12-4. 12-4 is virtually out of reach for KC. With the look of their schedule, I would expect a 10-6 season with losses to 2 of SD, CIN, DAL, or NY.

Saying that Denver will drop games to the likes of Buffalo and saying that the Chiefs will win all of those extremely difficult games doesnt seem very reasonable to me. I think that 11-5 is the ceiling for those guys with 9-7 a large possibility.

No if we win the next four we go 12-4........It may not be easy but it is not out of reach. I don't expect the Cowboys to be anything but a dogfight but I also get the feeling that they are starting to tank it.....So it's one game at a time and with the Chiefs getting healthy there isn't a game left on schedule that we can't win. At this time the one game is the Cowboys..........If we win in Dallas does that still mean we are gonna be a victim of our "tough schedule"?

angryllama
12-05-2005, 03:48 AM
No if we win the next four we go 12-4........It may not be easy but it is not out of reach. I don't expect the Cowboys to be anything but a dogfight but I also get the feeling that they are starting to tank it.....So it's one game at a time and with the Chiefs getting healthy there isn't a game left on schedule that we can't win. At this time the one game is the Cowboys..........If we win in Dallas does that still mean we are gonna be a victim of our "tough schedule"?

Yes. In reality your team can really only lose one more game and keep hope of winning the division. Getting a wild card is another story.

If you guys win at Dallas (Dallas is playing very well right now and cant afford to lose that game), then you have to go to NY...are they tanking it too? Is Cincy tanking it coming off of a monster win in Pittsburgh? I know that the Chargers dont look like they're tanking it. They just waxed the Raiders.

Denver could melt down and go 2-2 and still win the division fairly decisively.

RedDread
12-05-2005, 03:49 AM
Hey did you hear? Our remaining schedule is really tough.

Guru
12-05-2005, 03:49 AM
How about we quit fueling this discussion and just take care of business in Dallas right now.

philfree
12-05-2005, 03:57 AM
Yes. In reality your team can really only lose one more game and keep hope of winning the division. Getting a wild card is another story.

If you guys win at Dallas (Dallas is playing very well right now and cant afford to lose that game), then you have to go to NY...are they tanking it too? Is Cincy tanking it coming off of a monster win in Pittsburgh? I know that the Chargers dont look like they're tanking it. They just waxed the Raiders.

Denver could melt down and go 2-2 and still win the division fairly decisively.

One game at a time is the ticket. That said if the Cowboys are playing so well then why have they dropped two games in a row? Like a said it'll be a dogfight.......I like our chances none the less.

angryllama
12-05-2005, 04:01 AM
One game at a time is the ticket. That said if the Cowboys are playing so well then why have they dropped two games in a row? Like a said it'll be a dogfight.......I like our chances none the less.

I'm a little more realistic, but optimism is probably a lot better perspective to have. Much less maddening for sure.

philfree
12-05-2005, 04:13 AM
I'm a little more realistic, but optimism is probably a lot better perspective to have. Much less maddening for sure.

Realism is in the eye of the beholder I guess but yeah I have to agree that my perspective is better.......from my perspective anyways :)

keg in kc
12-05-2005, 04:27 AM
Our schedule is tough; all the teams have winning records. What people fail to point out is that half the games are at home, and we have an 8-4 record ourselves. So, it would seem to me, if the teams we're playing are tough because of their records, then I guess we must be, too. That is, if we're judging based on the vacuum that is record to date.

Nightwish
12-05-2005, 04:32 AM
How about we quit fueling this discussion and just take care of business in Dallas right now.
Meh, it's 4:30 in the morning, and I'm a bit too tired to take care of business right now. Can we wait until Sunday, instead? :)

Guru
12-05-2005, 04:34 AM
Meh, it's 4:30 in the morning, and I'm a bit too tired to take care of business right now. Can we wait until Sunday, instead? :)

Works for me. ROFLROFLROFL

philfree
12-05-2005, 04:35 AM
Works for me. ROFLROFLROFL

:toast: As I watch the replay :toast:

MichaelH
12-05-2005, 06:01 AM

AMEN! :clap:

I've heard every sports dick in the country last night and this morning say how tough our remaining schedule is. It's like they are saying we have a great team but won't make the playoffs because of it. I think it was Sean Salisbury say that he's convinced the D is very improved but the schedule is too tough. Let's take one game at a time and march on from there. 12-4 is entirely possible if both sides of the ball continue to play like they are now.

nascher
12-05-2005, 06:45 AM
Cincy could tank it maybe if they have won their Division

Extra Point
12-05-2005, 07:30 AM
If things work out that way, let's just hope that we play Denver in game one of the playoffs. Beating them is doable in their house. The Colts would tend to underestimate the Chiefs IMHO. One game at a time, though.

TNTEICHER
12-05-2005, 07:31 AM
Jax schedule has Houston, San Fran, and Tennessee. Enough said. 3 of their four games left are cakewalks. They should be able to win those with no starters playing.
Denvers schedule is very similar.
San Diego has 3 of 4 tough games left.
Pittsburg has 2 gimme's
Chiefs have none.

Count Alex's Losses
12-05-2005, 07:33 AM
Basically it comes down to us, San Diego and Denver fighting for 2 playoff spots.

We're looking at the 6 seed or the 2/3 seed. Probably the 6.

siberian khatru
12-05-2005, 07:39 AM
This team has consistently disappointed for years and years. This season, we start 2-0 and then are totally uncompetitive in Denver. We get a great victory at home over Oakland and promptly go out and shit the bed (offensively) at Buffalo. Every time you think we're starting to get it together, we trip ourselves up (13-3 anyone?). I don't blame the nation for being skeptical of our chances.

I can think of several reasons why things will start being different -- we're finally playing better late in the season instead of peaking early, we're the healthiest we've been all year, etc. But we still have so much to prove.

the Talking Can
12-05-2005, 07:42 AM
Sims/Warfield/LJ/Roaf all are healthier for having missed games or not started early in the season...we're in pretty good shape right now, and Shields is getting his grove on as well

Sully
12-05-2005, 07:44 AM
The schedule is tough, but I'm am leaning toward Keitzman's opinion that I herd last week. I would rather play all the teams ahead of us, for a shot to make it to the tournament, than be hoping some crap team beats them while we play cupcakes. It is still in the Chiefs hands...

KCTitus
12-05-2005, 07:48 AM
This team has consistently disappointed for years and years. This season, we start 2-0 and then are totally uncompetitive in Denver. We get a great victory at home over Oakland and promptly go out and shit the bed (offensively) at Buffalo. Every time you think we're starting to get it together, we trip ourselves up (13-3 anyone?). I don't blame the nation for being skeptical of our chances.

I can think of several reasons why things will start being different -- we're finally playing better late in the season instead of peaking early, we're the healthiest we've been all year, etc. But we still have so much to prove.

We'll see...if KC continues to play at this level, that bodes well for their playoff chances. Unlike 2003, when they were clearly on the decline in December and losing in the playoffs was a foregone conclusion.

greg63
12-05-2005, 07:53 AM
Goes to show how tough the AFC is when being 8-4 at this point in the season places us "on the outside looking in".

MichaelH
12-05-2005, 07:53 AM
IF the Chiefs continue to play at this level, then the playoffs are in sight. But like some have mentioned, it's very easy to become pessimistic. The next four games are big in so many ways. Not only do we have to win them, but we have to come out injury free. That's the key in my opinion.

greg63
12-05-2005, 07:54 AM
We'll see...if KC continues to play at this level, that bodes well for their playoff chances. Unlike 2003, when they were clearly on the decline in December and losing in the playoffs was a foregone conclusion.

Good point. :thumb:

philfree
12-06-2005, 06:52 AM
I must point out that I don't have any problems with DV pointing out how tough our schedule is because he has done it all year to point out to the press, the fans and more importantly the players that here is no time to rest we have to make hay as long as the sun still shines. That said I'm still tired of the pundits and the prognosticators using our schedule as a reason to write us out of the playoffs. Yes we are looking at a very tough two game road stent but those teams aren't any better then us but we're on the road so that makes it tough. After that we are at home the last two and that's advantage Chiefs.

What really bugs me is all the prognosticators picking the Chargers to get in the playoffs over the Chiefs. It's not like they have an easy schedule. Actually if you go win's-loses the Chargers have a tougher schedule then the Chiefs. The Chiefs opponents have a combined record of 32-16 while the Chargers opponents are 34-14. However slight that's advantage Chiefs. Also while our two game road stent is tough the Chargers is tougher. We go to Dallas, who seems to be floundering and then we go to the NY Giants who's K keeps missing FGs. The Chargers start their road stint next week when they get to visit the currently undefeated Colts and then they follow that with a cozy little trip to Arrowhead for a little Christmas Eve celebration with the Chiefs. I'm assumming that the Chargers have about the same luck as everybody else does at Arrowhead in December. Uhhh.....Advantage Chiefs! Yes, yes we play 4 teams with winning records but that's not so much tougher then Chargers who play 3 of 4 against teams with winning records. The real difference their is we play a 7-5 Cowboy team on the road and they get a 5-7 Miami team at home. At this point neither team is looking like a playoff team but still slight advantage Chargers. That's their big advantage in the schedule? That's what makes them a shoe in over the Chiefs? ROFL IMO they have a tougher finishing schedule then the Chiefs and they'll probably lose two in a row. We both finish at home against tough opponents as the Chargers host the Donks and the Chiefs host the Bengals. Push? :hmmm: Slight advantage Chiefs.

The Chargers have a tougher remaining schedule then the Chiefs but I don't hear anybody pointing that out.

Mile High Mania
12-06-2005, 07:00 AM
It's not like they have an easy schedule. Actually if you go win's-loses the Chargers have a tougher schedule then the Chiefs. The Chiefs opponents have a combined record of 32-16 while the Chargers opponents are 34-14. However slight that's advantage Chiefs.

KC plays @Dallas, @NYG, SD, Bengals
SD plays Miami, @Indy, @KC, Denver

Indy skews the total wins portions, but their final 3 games are equally as tough as KC. I never really considered it until your post.

Denver plays Baltimore, @ Buffalo, Oakland, @ SD... nice!

Rausch
12-06-2005, 07:02 AM
KC plays @Dallas, @NYG, SD, Bengals
SD plays Miami, @Indy, @KC, Denver

Indy skews the total wins portions, but their final 3 games are equally as tough as KC. I never really considered it until your post.

Denver plays Baltimore, @ Buffalo, Oakland, @ SD... nice!

And....?

Mile High Mania
12-06-2005, 07:07 AM
And....?

Well, if I were to add anything else I might say that the AFCW could be hard pressed to have a wildcard team. SD could go 2-2 down the stretch and I see the same for KC potentially.

Dallas and NY look sad on offense right now, but their defenses are playing pretty well. Marching into to either place expecting a win (esp in consecutive weeks) is a tall order for any team.

And, I guess the other part to my thought was I'm not too terribly concerned about Denver losing their grip on the division title.

Bob Dole
12-06-2005, 07:07 AM
Bob Dole would like to point out that our remaining schedule is going to be pretty tough.

Rausch
12-06-2005, 07:09 AM
Well, if I were to add anything else I might say that the AFCW could be hard pressed to have a wildcard team..

Well, I just took your ball and kicked it across the street!

WHat you got to say now!

EH!?!

HUH!?

Rausch
12-06-2005, 07:10 AM
Bob Dole would like to point out that our remaining schedule is going to be pretty tough.

Rausch calls bull$#it.

Bob Dole is taking linestra to further his eyebrow growth...

Mile High Mania
12-06-2005, 07:11 AM
Well, I just took your ball and kicked it across the street!

WHat you got to say now!

EH!?!

HUH!?

http://trivialpursuits.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/cartman.jpg

Bob Dole
12-06-2005, 07:13 AM
Rausch calls bull$#it.

Bob Dole is taking linestra to further his eyebrow growth...

Is not. And what does that have to do with our schedule? We've got a tough, tough schedule. A very tough schedule coming up. Tough road games and tough home games and very difficult schedule all around when you look at the toughness level. Very tough.

But Bob Dole did steal some of Frazod's Rogaine up in St. Joe.

philfree
12-06-2005, 07:14 AM

Well hell! I forgot about that I guess so the Chargers are a shoe in :rolleyes:

Rausch
12-06-2005, 07:16 AM
But Bob Dole did steal some of Frazod's Rogaine up in St. Joe.

And it made his penis shrink.

But this has nothing to do with the Chiefs raping and pillaging all whom cross their path...

Bob Dole
12-06-2005, 07:17 AM
Well hell! I forgot about that I guess so the Chargers are a shoe in :rolleyes:

They are if you watch the NFL Network.

We're patsies.

Count Alex's Losses
12-06-2005, 07:21 AM
Quite frankly the Chargers schedule is alot ****ing harder.

Indy, KC and Denver? JESUS CHRIST!

philfree
12-06-2005, 07:23 AM
They are if you watch the NFL Network.

We're patsies.

The Dolphins vs Chargers game could almost be a sleeper game for the Chargers. I can see the possibility of the Chargers getting caught looking down the road at the Colts, Chiefs and Donks.

Frosty
12-06-2005, 08:35 AM
The Chargers schedule could potentially be a lot easier than it looks.

If (when) the Colts beat the Jags this weekend, they will have everything wrapped up for the playoffs, which could lead to a big letdown against the Chargers. And, depending on what KC does over the next three games, the Broncos could have the division wrapped by that last game and also lead to a letdown or even have them rest their starters.

htismaqe
12-06-2005, 08:37 AM
I LOVE our schedule.

I LOVE that it's tough.

It's quite simple.

If we make the playoffs, it means we beat several VERY good teams down the stretch. We're gonna win a playoff game in that scenario, IMO.

Gaz
12-06-2005, 08:38 AM
Had we not squandered the Philadelphia game and had the Offense actually showed up for the Buffalo game, we would not be in the position of “must wins” in the brutal part of our schedule.

The schedule ain’t the problem, folks.

xoxo~
Gaz
Afraid he will be haunted by the Eagles game for a long time to come.

Bob Dole
12-06-2005, 08:41 AM
I LOVE our schedule.

I LOVE that it's tough.

It's quite simple.

If we make the playoffs, it means we beat several VERY good teams down the stretch. We're gonna win a playoff game in that scenario, IMO.

So you admit that it's a tough schedule?

It really is a tough schedule.

philfree
12-06-2005, 08:54 AM
I LOVE our schedule.

I LOVE that it's tough.

It's quite simple.

I feel the same way but it ain't so tough we can't deal with it. I like our chances and I like the toughness playing these games build. In 2003 we blew out so many teams that we never built that toughness it takes to win in the playoffs. This year we've had to scrap to get to where we're at at 8-4 and that makes us tougher.

REDHOTGTO
12-06-2005, 09:02 AM
think about it, i love it , 3 weeks ago we were screwed, we were'nt going anywhere but loserville. we have scrapped and fought our way to 8-4 and now people are figuring out ways we might make it to the playoffs! i dont mind being the underdog, it will make it all that much sweeter when indy tanks in the playoffs!!!! ROFL
GO CHIEFS

greg63
12-06-2005, 12:37 PM
I LOVE our schedule.

I LOVE that it's tough.

It's quite simple.

I love that the media has written us off and gives us no respect. That always fires our boys up and as long as the media continues its negative Chiefs onslaught it just adds fuel to that fire; always has.

htismaqe
12-06-2005, 12:43 PM
I feel the same way but it ain't so tough we can't deal with it. I like our chances and I like the toughness playing these games build. In 2003 we blew out so many teams that we never built that toughness it takes to win in the playoffs. This year we've had to scrap to get to where we're at at 8-4 and that makes us tougher.

Bingo.

Bob Dole
12-06-2005, 12:46 PM
This just in: Our schedule is really tough and we probably won't win another game.

The Cowboys are America's Team.
Eli Manning could beat Kansas City all my himself. He's almost a mini-Ditka.
San Diego is WAY better than us and Arrowhead has lost its mystique.
Cincy is the only team capable of competing with Indy. We should be glad that they even let us line up on the same field with them.

Bob Dole
12-07-2005, 01:21 PM
Bob Dole would like to discuss the toughness of our upcoming schedule.

Pants
12-07-2005, 01:23 PM
Cincy is the only team capable of competing with Indy. We should be glad that they even let us line up on the same field with them.

ROFL

Rausch
12-07-2005, 01:24 PM
Bob Dole would like to discuss the toughness of our upcoming schedule.

I heard that when Scanlon saw it he said "Wow."