PDA

View Full Version : Call it like it is.. Roaf is the reason we won!

dtebbe
12-05-2005, 10:42 AM
I can't believe not one writer (especially Fatlock) has not mentioned the obveous. Willie Roaf is the reason we beat the Browncos yesterday. Willie just handled every Bronco that came to his side, by himself. That is why the offense was able to get back to "normal", getting the big chunks in the passing game, which opened up the running game.

Big Willie is the man, our MVP hands down.

DT

elvomito
12-05-2005, 10:44 AM
don't forget welborne.
both of them were absent in the first game.
so much for trevor pryce gettin his revenge on welborne, he got handled again!

ChiefsfaninPA
12-05-2005, 10:45 AM
Willie Roaf is a monster. It is unbelievable how different we play without that guy.

dtebbe
12-05-2005, 10:54 AM
don't forget welborne.

You are right, I didn't hear Pryce's name called once all day, not even on a tackle.

DT

elvomito
12-05-2005, 10:57 AM
also, i believe the stat is: we are 8-0 when LJ scores 2 TDs
thanks o-line!

chiefsfolife
12-05-2005, 10:58 AM
I can't believe not one writer (especially Fatlock) has not mentioned the obveous. Willie Roaf is the reason we beat the Browncos yesterday. Willie just handled every Bronco that came to his side, by himself. That is why the offense was able to get back to "normal", getting the big chunks in the passing game, which opened up the running game.

DT

you must be exaggerating

FringeNC
12-05-2005, 10:59 AM
Going from Jordan Black to Willie Roaf is somewhat of an upgrade.

dtebbe
12-05-2005, 11:03 AM
you must be exaggerating

Dude, the frickin' BUFFALO BILLS beat us when he was out....

Again:
BUFFALO BILLS

DT

Kerberos
12-05-2005, 11:05 AM

DT

With that in mind .... WTF are we gonna do if or when he retires which might just be after this season.

I don't think Black or Sampson can fill those shoes.

We need to draft a STUD left tackle and hope he pans out!

Unless we can lure another good one away from some team we're F*****

Jonathan Ogden from daRavens would be good if he was available.

chiefsfaninNC
12-05-2005, 11:07 AM
Definately a different offense with him in there.

Deberg_1990
12-05-2005, 11:22 AM
With that in mind .... WTF are we gonna do if or when he retires which might just be after this season.

Any team would have trouble replacing a future Hall of Famer. Even if his replacement is decent, people will always say "Well, hes not as good as _________" Same thing LJ is going though right now replacing Priest. What more do they want LJ to do?? Its just stupid. Roaf is a stud.

Rain Man
12-05-2005, 11:24 AM
It's amazing how much better the offense is when there's not a weak link on the o-line. Recall that we had at least one game where Black was on the left and Bober was on the right. Now we've got a strong point on the left, and Welbourn is not a weak link on the right. That makes a huge difference.

Frosty
12-05-2005, 11:39 AM

Wonder if there are any other teams out there stupid enough to give up a HOF left tackle for a third round pick. :hmmm:

B_Ambuehl
12-05-2005, 11:41 AM
I'm just glad people notice. I've been saying all year long how much Roaf out was hurting both the run and pass play selection and how pathetic the pass blocking was without him and finaly after the Buffalo game it became common knowledge.

Frankie
12-05-2005, 12:10 PM
.... WTF are we gonna do if or when he retires which might just be after this season. The Chiefs should kiss his ass and kiss it again as many times as it takes to keep him from retiring after this season. In the meantime draft a stud LT and let him watch Roaf and spell him some, next year.

sedated
12-05-2005, 12:34 PM
Roaf played yet another great game.

He got owned on one play, but it didn't matter, Trent stepped around the pressure.

Did trevor pryce even play yesterday?

I remember hreaing him say he was looking forward to this game (circled it on his calendar, yada, yada, yada)

Lzen
12-05-2005, 12:47 PM

I don't think Black or Sampson can fill those shoes.

We need to draft a STUD left tackle and hope he pans out!

Unless we can lure another good one away from some team we're F*****

Jonathan Ogden from daRavens would be good if he was available.

No way. Ogden is a great run blocker, but his pass blocking is mediocre.

ARROW2
12-05-2005, 12:52 PM
don't forget welborne.

Elvo, Nice pic!!!!!!!!!!!! Damn, I think I'll attack the wife tonight......