PDA

View Full Version : Dallas is no Buffalo

B_Ambuehl
12-05-2005, 01:14 PM
I'm seeing a lot of comments from people making it sound like this Chiefs football team will go into Dallas and easily escape with a win but get real. This is another game just like week 3 at Denver. This Dallas Cowboy football team shut down and, other then 1 fluke interception and a bullshit 30 yard missed field goal, really whipped for 4 quarters the team that we gave up 390 yards to yesterday. They play a good 3-4 defense with quick outside linebackers like San Diego which gives our offense problems particularly in pass protection. Their defense is young and has been improving game by game the entire year.

They have a good kickoff return man - Our kicker can't kick the ball down the field and our coverage unit can't tackle. They have good receivers. One big guy and one fast guy who can get down the field against either of our corners, both who are beat up and struggle to run downfield and cover people. They have one of the top 3 or 4 receiving tight ends in the game and everybody knows the job we do against those guys. They have a strong armed accurate quarterback who will pick you apart if you give him time or don't get right to him with the blitz. Our front 4 hasn't created pressure all year by themselves and our blitzes have given up at least as many big plays as they've created big plays....and that's against less talented receivers and quarterbacks then we'll face this next Sunday. Allen has only ever been effective at home where he's able to jump the silent count. Most importantly, they're in a must win situation and we're in a "relax and win 1 out of 2" situation.

The Chiefs can win but will probably have to play their best football game of the year to do so. Don't be surprised if this turns out like most big road games turn out though.

Mr. Laz
12-05-2005, 01:31 PM
Bledsoe can't move and can't handle pressure

the defensive game plan for Dallas is MUCH,MUCH simpler.

We stack the line of scrimmage to stuff the run and put pressure on Bledsoe.

our defense should have a good day.

our offense seems to be back on track now that we are healthy and have some consistency along the offensive line.

jidar
12-05-2005, 01:33 PM

the defensive game plan for Dallas is MUCH,MUCH simpler.

We stack the line of scrimmage to stuff the run and put pressure on Bledsoe.

our defense should have a good day.

our offense seems to be back on track now that we are healthy and have some consistency along the offensive line.

How well did that work for Denver?

Brock
12-05-2005, 01:35 PM
It's a good thing you told me all this. Now I don't have to waste my time watching.

Archie F. Swin
12-05-2005, 01:36 PM
Didnt Dallas lose to Oakland?

Chiefnj
12-05-2005, 01:37 PM
Gunther is going to salivate when he watches the NYG/Dallas tape today. The Giants pressured Bledsoe early and often and he folded like he always does under pressure.

I also strongly disagree that KC is in a "relax and win 1 of 2" type mentality. They know they have to run the schedule.

Cave Johnson
12-05-2005, 01:40 PM
I also strongly disagree that KC is in a "relax and win 1 of 2" type mentality. They know they have to run the schedule.

Completely agree. KC's on the outside looking in, Dallas is on the inside looking out at present.

Chiefnj
12-05-2005, 01:42 PM
Completely agree. KC's on the outside looking in, Dallas is on the inside looking out.

I think both are on the outside looking in, knowing that one more loss keeps them on the outside.

Cave Johnson
12-05-2005, 01:45 PM
I think both are on the outside looking in, knowing that one more loss keeps them on the outside.

If the playoff were held next week (like in FFL), KC would be sitting home and Dallas would play the Panthers.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2247741

dirk digler
12-05-2005, 01:48 PM
The Chiefs matchup great against Dallas. Gun will blitz the hell out of Bledsoe and I predict 6 sacks next Sunday.

Cave Johnson
12-05-2005, 01:50 PM
Have to factor Big Mo into the equation as well. W3 vs. L2. And the Cowgirls have lost their last three games against good teams (going back to the Seattle game).

angryllama
You guys should respect Dallas, because I know that your favorite team does. They are excellent. They lost to the #2 team in the NFL and lost at NY in back to back weeks. That's nothing to really be ashamed of.

Their defense is for real and just might be the best D in the league. They will be tough on Sunday and Parcells will have them well prepared.

They will be coming at your team with the close to the same mentality that you guys had against Denver. It's almost a must win for them.

I wouldnt get too ahead of yourselves. Dallas is good. As an outsider who's seen both teams play, I think Dallas wins in Dallas vs KC 8 out of 10 times.

B_Ambuehl

Bledsoe actually prefers pressure. yes he is slow and doesn't move well but he will also tear a blitz up if it doesn't get there and like I said, our blitzes have given up as many big plays as they've created, because they usually DON'T get there, and that's against inferior receivers and inferior quarterbacks.

You guys also know Dick is lax about winning road games. He creates a mental atmosphere that it's ok to lose on the road and guys do not play with the same intensity. "Well we'll go out on the road and give it a shot and do our best but we all know the road is a tough place to win a football game" does not create a phychological mindset of "must win". Does that make sense?

Chiefnj
12-05-2005, 01:51 PM
If the playoff were held next week (like in FFL), KC would be sitting home and Dallas would play the Panthers.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2247741

Thanks.

I didn't realize 7-5 could buy a wildcard spot. It must be nice to be in the NFC.

Chiefnj
12-05-2005, 01:52 PM
You guys also know Dick is lax about winning road games. He creates a mental atmosphere that it's ok to lose on the road and guys do not play with the same intensity.

Please supply proof to back up your statement.

dirk digler
12-05-2005, 01:54 PM
Bledsoe actually prefers pressure. yes he is slow and doesn't move well but he will also tear a blitz up if it doesn't get there and like I said, our blitzes have given up as many big plays as they've created, because they usually DON'T get there, and that's against inferior receivers and inferior quarterbacks.

You guys also know Dick is lax about winning road games. He creates a mental atmosphere that it's ok to lose on the road and guys do not play with the same intensity. "Well we'll go out on the road and give it a shot and do our best but we all know the road is a tough place to win a football game" does not create a phychological mindset of "must win". Does that make sense?

Gun owns Bledsoe...remember the Bills game here? He will blitz the hell out of him because he is a statue and folds like a cheap suit when he gets knocked around.

I don't expect an easy win, this is the NFL but I expect them to beat Dallas. Make them one-dimensional and you win.

Spicy McHaggis
12-05-2005, 01:54 PM
Gotta shut down Witten too.

FringeNC
12-05-2005, 01:57 PM
Other than one game in which Dallas absolutely destroyed the Eagles, Dallas has not looked very impressive. They lost to Oakland, and should have lost to a hapless 49ers team.

Granted, Dallas does have a very good pass D, with opposing QBs having a rating of 67. Dallas is nothing special against the run, though, with opposing teams averaging 4.2 yards per carry.

Offensively, Dallas is below average, and lately Bledsoe has been getting pounded. Yesterday, Bledsoe had no time, even though Dallas did the short passing thing like against Denver.

Actually, I love Kansas City at +150 on the money line against Dallas.

Pasta Giant Meatball
12-05-2005, 01:58 PM
it's going to be a tough game, but it's a game we should win. if we expect to make the playoffs it's a game we have to win. tough road game a good test for this team.

angryllama
12-05-2005, 01:58 PM
I think that you guys really underestimate Dallas. They are extremely well coached and are burgeoning with talent.

The poster that said Bledsoe can pick apart the blitz is correct. He's very cool under pressure and has a lighting arm. He can snap the deep ball quick.

Dallas has the WR's to stretch the defense and to work the underneath routes.

Dallas can also run the ball fairly well and has IMO the best run defense in the league. That defense is a classic smashmouth run D.

Dallas is very good and the Chiefs are playing them in Dallas. If I were you guys, I would be hoping that the Chief players arent overlooking them like some of you are.

PunkinDrublic
12-05-2005, 02:01 PM
Thanks.

I didn't realize 7-5 could buy a wildcard spot. It must be nice to be in the NFC.

Even though we lost to the Eagles I still little to no respect for most NFC teams.

PunkinDrublic
12-05-2005, 02:03 PM
I think that you guys really underestimate Dallas. They are extremely well coached and are burgeoning with talent.

The poster that said Bledsoe can pick apart the blitz is correct. He's very cool under pressure and has a lighting arm. He can snap the deep ball quick.

Dallas can also run the ball fairly well and has IMO the best run defense in the league. That defense is a classic smashmouth run D.

Dallas is very good and the Chiefs are playing them in Dallas. If I were you guys, I would be hoping that the Chief players arent overlooking them like some of you are.

Dallas is just another overhyped NFC team. Or maybe it just seems like their overhyped because I live in Dallas. Trust me when I say if they played in the AFC they'd be lucky to be .500.

ChiefsfaninPA
12-05-2005, 02:04 PM

You also thought the Donks would woop us easily. You should respect yourself and go back over to posting on the mane.

angryllama
12-05-2005, 02:09 PM
You also thought the Donks would woop us easily. You should respect yourself and go back over to posting on the mane.

Did Denver not give a good showing in your house? That's what I expected, I did not expect a win. I thought that if Denver split at Dallas and at KC, then they would be able to take the division. They did just that and now sit in the driver's seat with a couple of home games coming up and a trip to sunny San Diego.

ChiefsfaninPA
12-05-2005, 02:12 PM
Did Denver not give a good showing in your house? That's what I expected, I did not expect a win. I thought that if Denver split at Dallas and at KC, then they would be able to take the division. They did just that and now sit in the driver's seat with a couple of home games coming up and a trip to sunny San Diego.

You fools don't sit in the drivers seat. That is a demoralizing loss. Your players are even trying to blame the loss on everything other than the fact that they could not MAN UP with us. We shut you clowns down in the second half. THE DONKS ARE FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!!

Brock
12-05-2005, 02:12 PM
Dallas can also run the ball fairly well.

Nope, not really. They're pretty mediocre.

angryllama
12-05-2005, 02:16 PM
You fools don't sit in the drivers seat. That is a demoralizing loss. Your players are even trying to blame the loss on everything other than the fact that they could not MAN UP with us. We shut you clowns down in the second half. THE DONKS ARE FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!!

sure...with upcoming games against imploding Baltimore, inept Oakland, and the wonderful Bills, the Driver's seat looks pretty comfortable while one game up and looking backwards at the AFC West.

angryllama
12-05-2005, 02:17 PM
They're pretty mediocre.

That's why I said "fairly well." They have the horses, but they are pretty inconsistent.

ChiefsfaninPA
12-05-2005, 02:18 PM
sure...with upcoming games against imploding Baltimore, inept Oakland, and the wonderful Bills, the Driver's seat looks pretty comfortable while one game up and looking backwards at the AFC West.

Won't be surprised if you lose them all.

angryllama
12-05-2005, 02:22 PM
Won't be surprised if you lose them all.

You will be surprised when you realize that they can finish poorly at 2-2 and still beat the Chiefs and the Chargers out. Then you'll feel sad on the inside. And then you'll cry some more. :(

ChiefsfaninPA
12-05-2005, 02:23 PM
You will be surprised when you realize that they can finish poorly at 2-2 and still beat the Chiefs and the Chargers out. Then you'll feel sad on the inside. And then you'll cry some more. :(

You Donk fans have a weird sense of denial. But hey its all good, can't wait to say told ya so. Oh thats right, you will have dissappeared by then.

FringeNC
12-05-2005, 02:24 PM

This may be the homer in me, but I thought Denver played much better against us than they did Dallas. It seemed like Denver didn't play with the sense of urgency against Dallas like they did yesterday.

KC played about as well as they can play on offense (except for the throw that slipped out of Green's hand), we were at home, and Denver still almost beat us.

B_Ambuehl
12-05-2005, 02:30 PM
Please supply proof to back up your statement

Are you serious man? Do you even follow this team? Just look at the results of road games the last few years against decent teams vs the record of home games vs good teams. Look what dick says prior to those games. Other then the Ravens game I can't think of a single big big road win in the last 2 years.

dirk digler
12-05-2005, 02:33 PM

I am not underestimating them at all. It will be tough hard fought footballl game but I EXPECT the Chiefs to pull it out. If we don't were screwed and say goodbye to the playoffs.

Chief Henry
12-05-2005, 02:33 PM
The Chiefs matchup great against Dallas. Gun will blitz the hell out of Bledsoe and I predict 6 sacks next Sunday.

I don't know about SIX SACKS, but i do beleave we'll get several and knocking Bledsoe on his AZZ many times.

Dick Vermeil vs the Big Tuna is an interesting matchup.

Wile_E_Coyote
12-05-2005, 02:34 PM
"I think that you guys really underestimate Dallas. They are extremely well coached and are burgeoning with talent.

Dallas is very good and the Chiefs are playing them in Dallas. If I were you guys, I would be hoping that the Chief players arent overlooking them like some of you are."

angryllama
12-05-2005, 02:39 PM
This may be the homer in me, but I thought Denver played much better against us than they did Dallas. It seemed like Denver didn't play with the sense of urgency against Dallas like they did yesterday.

KC played about as well as they can play on offense (except for the throw that slipped out of Green's hand), we were at home, and Denver still almost beat us.

Denver played better on offense, but was very poor on defense yesterday. The Cowboys game was more balanced and more of what we are used to seeing out of the Broncos. Denver wanted that game yesterday too, no doubt. You take a division win over a nonconference win anyday. I kind of feel like the defense let down after that T-Day game though. They just didnt look the same as far as tackling and technique go. Maybe that 20 degree weather had something to do with it...I dont know. Im not making excuses for them because they lost fair and square. The Chiefs new theme song is "Stayin' Alive." They proved that they could do that yesterday and propelled you guys' hope to next sunday.

Chiefnj
12-05-2005, 02:41 PM
I am worried about getting to Bledsoe. The Chiefs pass rush has been an enigma. It was zero sacks against Carr and the Texans wasn't it??

Sully
12-05-2005, 02:43 PM
Did he just say Denver played better on offense than the Chiefs yesterday?

ChiefsGirl
12-05-2005, 02:44 PM
I am worried about getting to Bledsoe. The Chiefs pass rush has been an enigma. It was zero sacks against Carr and the Texans wasn't it??

Did Carr ever hold the ball longer then a second and a half? I didn't see it if he did.

Bob Dole
12-05-2005, 02:45 PM

You obviously did not watch yesterday's game against the Giants.

KCTitus
12-05-2005, 02:48 PM

Im not, Plummer was scrambling the majority of the time and making plays by running around for time. Bledsoe is a statue that should be easier to hunt down.

Nightwish
12-05-2005, 02:49 PM
Gun owns Bledsoe...remember the Bills game here? He will blitz the hell out of him because he is a statue and folds like a cheap suit when he gets knocked around.
True. Bledsoe is a quick-thinking QB, so it is extremely imperitive that the blitzers get some good, solid hits on him. Once he starts getting knocked around, he is a shadow of himself the rest of the game. And there are few offensive units that can knock around a QB like the Chiefs.

Wile_E_Coyote
12-05-2005, 02:54 PM
You obviously did not watch yesterday's game against the Giants.

my post was two posts by angryLlama. One telling Chief fans not to overlook Dallas. The other of him overlooking Baltimore, Oakland & Buffalo

angryllama
12-05-2005, 03:01 PM
my post was two posts by angryLlama. One telling Chief fans not to overlook Dallas. The other of him overlooking Baltimore, Oakland & Buffalo

So you are saying that Dallas, Baltimore, Buffalo, and Oakland are in the same league performance wise?

Wile_E_Coyote
12-05-2005, 03:06 PM
So you are saying that Dallas, Baltimore, Buffalo, and Oakland are in the same league performance wise?

STFU

beer bacon
12-05-2005, 03:11 PM

The only reason you like Dallas so much is because Denver barely beat them even with Dallas missing a 30 yard FG to take the lead late in the 4th quarter. Dallas is pretty good at 7-5, but they have lost their last three. Their offense has been on a slide. Playing any team above 500 on the road is really tough, but I don't see why we shouldn't expect our team to win.

beer bacon
12-05-2005, 03:11 PM

I didn't think either Dallas or Denver played especially well in that game.

angryllama
12-05-2005, 03:13 PM
The only reason you like Dallas so much is because Denver barely beat them even with Dallas missing a 30 yard FG to take the lead late in the 4th quarter. Dallas is pretty good at 7-5, but they have lost their last three. Their offense has been on a slide. Playing any team above 500 on the road is really tough, but I don't see why we shouldn't expect our team to win.

Nah...I live in the area and am forced to watch their games every Sunday, listen to talk shows about them all week, and see their highlights on every local TV show all of the time. I really cant stand them, but I know what they can do. Parcells is a great coach.

angryllama
12-05-2005, 03:14 PM
I didn't think either Dallas or Denver played especially well in that game.

That's what it looks like when defenses rule the day. It gets ugly.

beer bacon
12-05-2005, 03:16 PM
Did Carr ever hold the ball longer then a second and a half? I didn't see it if he did.

The Texans entire game plan was based around getting the ball away very fast to avoid sacks. It worked as far as avoiding sacks go, but it also meant they only averaged 4.9 yards per attempt.