PDA

View Full Version : The "Give Gunther some love" thread

Frankie
12-05-2005, 02:49 PM
Despite the usual naysayers on this bb, Gun is slowly, but surely bringing back the mid-'90s 'D.' And I LOVE IT!!!:thumb:

Eleazar
12-05-2005, 02:51 PM
Yep, I was a gun critic in the early part of the year because the D wasn't getting it done then. But they've gotten a lot better as the year has gone on and are looking like a darn good unit now. Gun's done an excellent job in recent weeks.

B_Ambuehl
12-05-2005, 02:54 PM
He's certainly getting creative out there. Yesterday he was running a 3-4 with Dalton, Sims, and Wilkerson the 3 down lineman and Allen at OLB. I actually think that's gonna end up being a very effective defensive front. Allen can drop back into coverage and he may be a *slight* liability there but he can also has a knack for hitting people and forcing fumbles so I don't think it's such a bad idea.

SCChief
12-05-2005, 02:57 PM
Yep. Gotta give it to Gun. When he got the players he asked for, he started getting the results he promised.

I honestly don't think he should have ever stopped being the D-Coordinator of this team.

Mr. Laz
12-05-2005, 03:02 PM
Despite the usual naysayers on this bb
unless you're prepared to man-up when stuff goes wrong you probably shouldn't lecture when they go right.

greg63
12-05-2005, 03:04 PM
Despite the usual naysayers on this bb, Gun is slowly, but surely bringing back the mid-'90s 'D.' And I LOVE IT!!!:thumb:

Tis true in this time of giving. Gun is giving opposing Offenses Excedrin headaches, despite our over-all "D" ranking. :D

Brock
12-05-2005, 03:07 PM

I sure hope you like him. He's your next head coach.

Rausch
12-05-2005, 03:07 PM
Yep. Gotta give it to Gun. When he got the players he asked for, he started getting the results he promised.

I honestly don't think he should have ever stopped being the D-Coordinator of this team.

I towd yoo so... :p

Rausch
12-05-2005, 03:08 PM

He he he....
:)

Mr. Laz
12-05-2005, 03:10 PM

That white light you see at the end of the tunnel........

:D

el borracho
12-05-2005, 03:30 PM
Tis true in this time of giving. Gun is giving opposing Offenses Excedrin headaches, despite our over-all "D" ranking. :D
Our overall D ranking is improving. Still not great, but improving.

Go get 'em, Gun! Hit 'em in the mouth!!!

brent102fire
12-05-2005, 03:33 PM
:toast:

Rausch
12-05-2005, 03:34 PM
:toast:

That's some good stuff right there.... :drool:

StcChief
12-05-2005, 03:56 PM
Gun is turn this D around with the new personnel.
It is very obvious. DC of YEAR honors maybe?

greg63
12-05-2005, 07:07 PM
Our overall D ranking is improving. Still not great, but improving.

Go get 'em, Gun! Hit 'em in the mouth!!!

Actually our overall "D" is ranked #27th in the league. However, I think this ranking might be deceiving.
http://www.nfl.com/stats

JBucc
12-05-2005, 07:08 PM
He's certainly got us headed in the right direction. Still a lot of room to improve though.

Frankie
12-05-2005, 07:38 PM
Actually our overall "D" is ranked #27th in the league. However, I think this ranking might be deceiving.
http://www.nfl.com/stats
I wonder what the defense's ranking would be in the last 3 or 4 weeks.

greg63
12-05-2005, 08:32 PM
I wonder what the defense's ranking would be in the last 3 or 4 weeks.

Good question. Only time will tell.

Chief Faithful
12-06-2005, 10:20 AM
He's certainly getting creative out there. Yesterday he was running a 3-4 with Dalton, Sims, and Wilkerson the 3 down lineman and Allen at OLB. I actually think that's gonna end up being a very effective defensive front. Allen can drop back into coverage and he may be a *slight* liability there but he can also has a knack for hitting people and forcing fumbles so I don't think it's such a bad idea.

I noticed that defense was very effective against screens and boot legs. The Donks tried that neat little screen in the 3rd Qtr that scored the TD early in the game and the 3-4 defensive alignment shut it down and the Rat never tried it again.

Allen, Sims, DJ, and Mitchell were all very impressive in that game. Nice to see the young studs stepping up the way they did.

philfree
12-06-2005, 10:28 AM
I noticed that defense was very effective against screens and boot legs. The Donks tried that neat little screen in the 3rd Qtr that scored the TD early in the game and the 3-4 defensive alignment shut it down and the Rat never tried it again.

Allen, Sims, DJ, and Mitchell were all very impressive in that game. Nice to see the young studs stepping up the way they did.

No way! We drafted those guys so they couldn't be studs nor stepping up... :) Damit Carl! :cuss: :p ROFL

PhilFree:arrow: