PDA

View Full Version : Kietzman said.....

ARROW2
12-05-2005, 03:13 PM
That we would win the division on strength of victory if we win out and Denver loses to SD. Also, you know that gives us a bye as well don't you?

Excited as a mutha.................

Mr. Laz
12-05-2005, 03:16 PM
i'm not sure that's right

Brock
12-05-2005, 03:16 PM
the playoffs have already started for the chiefs. Lose one and you can probably kiss it goodbye.

tk13
12-05-2005, 03:19 PM
Errr... you can't truly determine strength of victory until everybody's actually played all their games, can you?

Although considering the teams we have to play, and Denver has to play, maybe that does make sense...

KCChiefsMan
12-05-2005, 03:21 PM
Cinci is looking pretty good at getting a bye, if we win out, then probably we probably would get a bye..... :hmmm:

Rausch
12-05-2005, 03:22 PM
the playoffs have already started for the chiefs. Lose one and you can probably kiss it goodbye.

We won't have to.

We're going to the playoffs this year, and this year we win...

greg63
12-05-2005, 03:24 PM

Yup! Although, I think we could technically lose one more, but then we would need a lot of help.

greg63
12-05-2005, 03:26 PM
We won't have to.

We're going to the playoffs this year, and this year we win...

I'm hoping this is the case. :thumb:

mcan
12-05-2005, 03:26 PM
We wouldn't get a bye game...

Instead, we would get to host one of the wild card teams (probably Jacksonville) the first week...

The other wild card team (probably Denver) would then go to the other non-bye division winner... (probably New England)

Extra Point
12-05-2005, 03:32 PM
Nice win yesterday. Would be nice to have a winning streak last until next season, but ONE GAME AT A TIME!!!

chiefsfaninNC
12-05-2005, 06:15 PM
We wouldn't get a bye game...

Instead, we would get to host one of the wild card teams (probably Jacksonville) the first week...

The other wild card team (probably Denver) would then go to the other non-bye division winner... (probably New England)

In this scenario yes we would. We would be the #2 seed.

FringeNC
12-05-2005, 06:22 PM
That we would win the division on strength of victory if we win out and Denver loses to SD. Also, you know that gives us a bye as well don't you?

Excited as a mutha.................

I think he is wrong. I looked at that, and think that the Houston victory kills us there. However, I am just guessing as to what strength of victory mean. I assume it is the total number of wins the teams you have beaten have. What else could it be?

Frankie
12-05-2005, 06:22 PM
True.

ROYC75
12-05-2005, 06:37 PM
I think he is wrong. I looked at that, and think that the Houston victory kills us there. However, I am just guessing as to what strength of victory mean. I assume it is the total number of wins the teams you have beaten have. What else could it be?

Dungver played Houston too .........

Valiant
12-05-2005, 06:40 PM
**** I do not want to play at denver for our first playoff game... Would rather have NE as a warmup game before we beat Indy... I just think we match up better vs. Indy at their house compared to denver in theirs...

kc1977
12-05-2005, 06:52 PM

Nope. Denver and the Chiefs share the AFC East as their common AFC opponents. We played Houston from the AFC South. Denver played Jacksonville.

FringeNC
12-05-2005, 06:55 PM

No, I don't think so.

chiefsfaninNC
12-05-2005, 06:58 PM

Yes. It is the winning percentage of teams you have beaten.

Spott
12-05-2005, 07:04 PM

Denver played Jacksonville this year and we played Houston. The only games that Denver's and our schedule differ this year is that we played Houston and Cincinnati and they played Jacksonville and Baltimore.

FringeNC
12-05-2005, 07:06 PM
Denver played Jacksonville this year and we played Houston. The only games that Denver's and our schedule differ this year is that we played Houston and Cincinnati and they played Jacksonville and Baltimore.

Yep, and Houston choking against the Rams and Ravens could end up screwing us.

Spott
12-05-2005, 07:12 PM
With 2 road games against 2 good NFC teamson the road, it's way too early to assume that we will win either of those games. For the record, we haven't won in Dallas since 75 and we are 0-5 all time against the Giants in NY.

Ralphy Boy
12-05-2005, 07:18 PM

So Miami hanging 34 on Denver's 10 won't help us evn though we hung 30 on Miami's 20? That's a real shame. If you lose to a team as bad as Miami, you really should take some extra hit for it.

Of course, Miami is ahead of the Buffalo team that beat us in the AFCE. You know, JP Losman (the second coming of Kenny Stabler) is starting to play well, and they play host to Denver on the 17th.

Come on JP!!!! We are rooting for ya, you big mullet head you.

Count Alex's Losses
12-05-2005, 07:20 PM
I can only imagine how awesome being the #2 seed would be.

Spott
12-05-2005, 07:30 PM
So Miami hanging 34 on Denver's 10 won't help us evn though we hung 30 on Miami's 20? That's a real shame. If you lose to a team as bad as Miami, you really should take some extra hit for it.

Of course, Miami is ahead of the Buffalo team that beat us in the AFCE. You know, JP Losman (the second coming of Kenny Stabler) is starting to play well, and they play host to Denver on the 17th.

Come on JP!!!! We are rooting for ya, you big mullet head you.

Here's the actual tie breakers for 2 teams in the same division. There are more tie breakers than this, but they likely wouldn't be needed.

1. Head to head
2. Best won loss record in the division
3. Best won loss record in common games.
4. Best won loss record in conference games.
5. Strength of victory
6. Strength of schedule.

If both KC and Denver ended up 12-4, it would come down to the 5th and 6th tie-breakers.

That 5th tie-breaker is really tricky and it is too early to determine who would win that tie-breaker. A lot of that could depend on how Philly does the rest of the year. If there were a 3 way tie at 11-5, KC would likely win that tie breaker based on conference records as long as KC were to beat SD at Arrowhead.

Count Alex's Losses
12-05-2005, 07:34 PM
Someone should ram a hot poker up Keitzman's ass, BTW. He's a Broncos fan. He proved it when he put on a Broncos jacket in the middle of a Denver-KC game years ago.

Alphaman
12-05-2005, 08:02 PM
Here's the actual tie breakers for 2 teams in the same division. There are more tie breakers than this, but they likely wouldn't be needed.

1. Head to head
2. Best won loss record in the division
3. Best won loss record in common games.
4. Best won loss record in conference games.
5. Strength of victory
6. Strength of schedule.

If both KC and Denver ended up 12-4, it would come down to the 5th and 6th tie-breakers.

That 5th tie-breaker is really tricky and it is too early to determine who would win that tie-breaker. A lot of that could depend on how Philly does the rest of the year. If there were a 3 way tie at 11-5, KC would likely win that tie breaker based on conference records as long as KC were to beat SD at Arrowhead.

Right now Denver is out ahead of the Chiefs on Strength of Victory. However, I'm not sure how it is calculated. What you guys are describing sounds like strength of schedule.

Current Standings and Playoff Rankings (http://www.nfl.com/standings/conference)