PDA

View Full Version : Are we nearly as bad with the excuses?

Nightwish
12-05-2005, 03:29 PM
Is there a team in the NFL with more crybabies in their fanbase than the Broncos? Are Chiefs fans even in the same ballpark, so to speak? I honestly don't think so. I've seen my share of whiny Chiefs fans, Colts fans, Bills fans, and so on, but I don't think I've ever seen any fanbase even come close to the Donks when it comes to whining and bawling their excuses when they lose. To be fair, there are also a lot of mature Broncos fans who don't resort to those tactics, and I hope none of those take this post to be directed at them. But man, there are a ton of whiny children among the ranks of the Bronco faithful.

mike_b_284
12-05-2005, 03:31 PM
I think it is all the Plummer, fans you know how whiny gays are.

mlyonsd
12-05-2005, 03:31 PM
IMO the whiners are mainly internet crybabies.

I don't personally know a single Donk fan that is a whiner.

headsnap
12-05-2005, 03:34 PM
IMO the whiners are mainly internet crybabies.

I don't personally know a single Donk fan that is a whiner.

you obviously don't know many donk fans.

The singer in my band is a donk fan and a steeler fan. Yesterday was a great day!! :)

kcfanXIII
12-05-2005, 03:35 PM
denver fans are the worst. all the ones i know, will never admit kc beat them legit. any time kc wins. i think its cause they're pissed we don't hate the bronHOs as much as the Faiders.

Mile High Mania
12-05-2005, 03:35 PM
Have you not been on this board after any KC loss?

Seriously, crying about calls and BS like that isn't a thing that only Denver fans do. How many other teams' fans to you follow closely?

Extra Point
12-05-2005, 03:37 PM
Chiefs fans are mostly critics and cynics. If we whine, it's "Why the **** did we call that?" or "Why the #### can't that guy tackle?" or something. The Chiefs fans I know, are mostly cynical and cautious. Blind optimism and "Why us?" are for wimps (i.e. Bronco fans). I'm surprised that we're doing as well as we are, yet we're 8-fer at this point. Let's keep the drive alive!!!

el borracho
12-05-2005, 03:38 PM
Fans are fans, except for Raidurr fans. They are ridiculous, violent assholes.

Taco John
12-05-2005, 03:40 PM
Is there a team in the NFL with more crybabies in their fanbase than the Broncos? .

Other than the Chiefs?

You'd have to be a real homer not to see that the Chiefs are just as bad if not worse. If we had won this game, you guys would have cried non-stop about the spot of that ball and how John Lynch hits too hard.

Mile High Mania
12-05-2005, 03:41 PM
Chiefs fans are mostly critics and cynics. If we whine, it's "Why the **** did we call that?" or "Why the #### can't that guy tackle?" or something. The Chiefs fans I know, are mostly cynical and cautious. Blind optimism and "Why us?" are for wimps (i.e. Bronco fans). I'm surprised that we're doing as well as we are, yet we're 8-fer at this point. Let's keep the drive alive!!!

Hmmm... I have never read a remark on this site about the refs. None.

AndChiefs
12-05-2005, 03:45 PM
If we had won this game, you guys would have cried non-stop about the spot of that ball and how John Lynch hits too hard.

To be perfectly honest though, the spot was terrible. Now I'm not whining about the spot or anything as it was corrected but I was watching the game with 6 other guys (all who are not Chiefs fans) and every single one didn't think he was even close to making it even before the replays were showed.

Mark M
12-05-2005, 03:47 PM
Every team has fans that whine.

It's par for the course.

MM
~~:shrug:

el borracho
12-05-2005, 03:49 PM
Imaginary scenario: the ball is spotted short of the first down. Does anybody think that Shanny would have challenged or does everyone realize that Anderson was well short?

jidar
12-05-2005, 03:52 PM
I don't think there is much difference between Donk Fans and Chiefs Fans to be honest. They are both passionate savy fans who support their team big time, and both groups have a lot of whiners and homers.
Honestly, they're like our evil twin brother if he was hit in the head as a small child.

jidar
12-05-2005, 03:53 PM
Imaginary scenario: the ball is spotted short of the first down. Does anybody think that Shanny would have challenged or does everyone realize that Anderson was well short?

You had to be blind to not realize that was short. On TV it clearly was.

mlyonsd
12-05-2005, 03:53 PM

It all depends on how comfortable he feels the spot was wrong. To give up a TO at that point when they were down would be foolish IMO.

Extra Point
12-05-2005, 03:55 PM
Taco John, you want some noise out of a Chiefs fan?

Hey, number 47! Not so hard!!!

ChiefsCountry
12-05-2005, 03:56 PM
We don't normally have excuses, bc we bitch and moan about everything.

Nightwish
12-05-2005, 04:46 PM
We don't normally have excuses, bc we bitch and moan about everything.That's my thought, too. There's plenty of complaining after a loss, but Chiefs fans tend to be more pessimistic about it, rather than trying to deny our own team's accountability. Sure there are some Chiefs fans who do that, but the Broncos just seem to have more a penchant for that particular style of complaining than most other teams I've come across. I'm going mostly from what I experienced on the AOL team boards over last year and the year before. I noticed the trend the year before last, and last year made something of a study of it. After each Chiefs game, I went to both teams' boards and lurked, checking out how both teams reacted. There was a fair share of Donk-style whining on the losing team's board each time, but the two that really took the cake were the losing boards after the Chiefs blew out the Colts and the Broncos, respectively. I also visited the Broncos board after each loss, and concluded that it wasn't just because it was the Chiefs, it was just par for the course for them. The Colts fans made a run for them, though, I'll give 'em that.

Now, having said all that, there are Donks fans, and there are Broncos fans. To me, it's kind of like the difference between calling someone African-American and using the n-word.

Calcountry
12-05-2005, 04:54 PM
Fans are fans, except for Raidurr fans. They are ridiculous, violent assholes.Crack will do that to you.

Calcountry
12-05-2005, 04:58 PM
Imaginary scenario: the ball is spotted short of the first down. Does anybody think that Shanny would have challenged or does everyone realize that Anderson was well short?It is an unchallengable call, if the linesman didn't completely and utterly fug the spot up. I mean, the leading edge of the pile didn't make it. Forget where the ball was. There wasn't even a need to have a measurement.

MahiMike
12-05-2005, 05:26 PM
If you watch the replay, notice where the ref was standing before the play. He stood exactly 1 foot past the first down marker. When the play ended, he never moved. He just walked straight ahead to give them the 1st down. This looked pretty damn blatant to me. Did anyone else notice this?

Nightwish
12-05-2005, 05:29 PM
If you watch the replay, notice where the ref was standing before the play. He stood exactly 1 foot past the first down marker. When the play ended, he never moved. He just walked straight ahead to give them the 1st down. This looked pretty damn blatant to me. Did anyone else notice this?
LOL. Check the replay and see if Ratface called him over to the sideline right before the play!

*that comment should bait the Donks' "refs were bought" crowd.