PDA

View Full Version : Where's all the talk about the Cowboys?

Mile High Mania
12-05-2005, 09:03 PM
I'm a bit in awe at all the threads dedicated to playoff talk and getting the #2 seed. There's a huge game in Dallas this week. I can only hope the players are having the same thoughts as many of you... :p

Count Alex's Losses
12-05-2005, 09:04 PM
We're still enjoying our afterglow.

Mile High Mania
12-05-2005, 09:05 PM
Shake it off ... means little to nothing if they lose in Dallas.

Count Alex's Losses
12-05-2005, 09:05 PM

**** you. I'm going to enjoy this.

Mile High Mania
12-05-2005, 09:06 PM
Ah, I've already pushed you to the expletives... too easy.

Redcoats58
12-05-2005, 09:06 PM
I disagree, Dallas is one of the games we could afford to lose.

siberian khatru
12-05-2005, 09:07 PM
Dallas is our Super Bowl.

Count Alex's Losses
12-05-2005, 09:08 PM

ROFL

We're going to be the first NFL team to play in multiple Super Bowls in one year. LET THE DYNASTY BEGIN!

Mile High Mania
12-05-2005, 09:08 PM
I disagree, Dallas is one of the games we could afford to lose.

Really? Right now, KC is on the outside looking in right... with SD, Cincy and @ NYG ... how can KC afford to lose any of them? It's a tight race.

Mile High Mania
12-05-2005, 09:09 PM

I'm not saying that, but there is little room for error.

WilliamTheIrish
Hey, it's only Monday. Monday is reserved for afterglow when we win and a raging torrent of criticism when we lose.

Cowboys/Chiefs discussion will begin tomorrow.

Skip Towne
Well, lookee here, MHM taunting. Filthy rotten Donk after all. There are NO good Donks.

Redcoats58
12-05-2005, 09:10 PM
Really? Right now, KC is on the outside looking in right... with SD, Cincy and @ NYG ... how can KC afford to lose any of them? It's a tight race.
If there was ever a game we could lose it would be to an NFC team. Now we would have to win every game after but it is still one of the games that wouldn't eliminate us. I would go as far to say a 10-6 team will squeak in.

Mile High Mania
12-05-2005, 09:11 PM
Hey, it's only Monday. Monday is reserved for afterglow when we win and a raging torrent of criticism when we lose.

Cowboys/Chiefs discussion will begin tomorrow.

I hear ya... I just wish I could get more interested in the Ravens. This shapes up for a potential "trap game". There's no reason Denver should lose... that's when you should be fearful.

Mile High Mania
12-05-2005, 09:11 PM
Well, lookee here, MHM taunting. Filthy rotten Donk after all. There are NO good Donks.

I thought it was more pointing out the obvious... lots of thread talking about things that are still too far away.

siberian khatru
12-05-2005, 09:12 PM
I hear ya... I just wish I could get more interested in the Ravens. This shapes up for a potential "trap game". There's no reason Denver should lose... that's when you should be fearful.

There is no way in hell you lose that game. And that's not reverse-psych smack. The worst that will happen is you will be bored to tears watching a 17-6 game.

stevieray
12-05-2005, 09:13 PM
We need to kick their ass. We haven't won in dallas since '75.

The time is now.

Mile High Mania
12-05-2005, 09:13 PM
There is no way in hell you lose that game. And that's not reverse-psych smack. The worst that will happen is you will be bored to tears watching a 17-6 game.

I feel the same, but Denver should top 30...

KcMizzou
12-05-2005, 09:14 PM

The time is now. Yep, we got the Miami monkey off our back. Might as well knock off another...

Mile High Mania
12-05-2005, 09:14 PM

The time is now.

I hate Dallas more than any team and now I really hate KC b/c the bastards are making me cheer for Dallas.

tk13
12-05-2005, 09:15 PM
Well, we don't want to lose any of them obviously... but as Phil Simms said yesterday, somebody is going to lose somewhere... all of these wild card teams aren't winning out. I mean I hope the team doesn't have that attitude, but as I've said from the beginning of this brutal 6 game final stretch... I want to see us win the home games, split the road games. If we do that, we'd be 11-5. If 11-5 can't get us in it's just not our year. So far we're halfway to winning the home games... but first we gotta play these road games. Gonna be tough, no doubt, I think we're facing a couple QB's who we can force into mistakes though. And if Larry Johnson and this O-line keep playing like they have, nobody is going to stop us from scoring.

Ari Chi3fs
12-05-2005, 09:16 PM
I hate Dallas more than any team and now I really hate KC b/c the bastards are making me cheer for Dallas.

mwha hahaha

HemiEd
12-05-2005, 09:16 PM
You may have a point, it is so hard to get excited about a ho-hum NFC team after just having our Super Bowl. I would be more excited if I was not going to be out of the country (Germany) for the game. But I hope the coaches do their job tomorrow and get these PROFESSIONAL athletes focused. I sure hope they do after that Buffalo lesson, and I think they will. :D

Coach
12-05-2005, 09:22 PM
I feel the same, but Denver should top 30...

Eh, I'm not so sure. Granted, Denver played tough aganist the Chiefs, but if I were you guys, I would be a bit concerned about an emotional letdown, especially losing to a bitter AFC W rival in a close tight football game.

I seen it happen before. A team goes into an opponent's home, and play decently well, only to have it taken away from them, is a heartbreaker.

redbrian
12-05-2005, 09:25 PM

There is a very good reason Denver should lose.

Jake the Fake is back in town baby.

Just one little love tap from Dr. Johnson and the ole fakester is loften up the ball to the other team :p

Mile High Mania
12-05-2005, 09:25 PM
Anything can happen, but I think they'll come out determined to show they can blow out a team at home.

keg in kc
12-05-2005, 09:28 PM
We started talking about the Cowboys game last night. Not much of a home field advantage + statuesque QB we should pummel vs. potential letdown following tough division game. We should win, doesn't mean we will.

Coach
12-05-2005, 09:29 PM
Anything can happen, but I think they'll come out determined to show they can blow out a team at home.

We shall see. Denver has the advantage of playing at MH, but how they handle a heartbreaking loss remains to be seen. They could benefit from it, or they could go down in a spiral.

Count Alex's Losses
12-05-2005, 09:33 PM
Dallas had a tough divisional game last week, too.

Mile High Mania
12-05-2005, 09:34 PM
I don't care for Dallas and agree that they have issues, but I think they're going to surprise some of you by giving KC a hell of a game. They're good and have lost 2 in a row... so, we'll see how Parcells pumps them up.

keg in kc
12-05-2005, 09:34 PM
I don't think anyone will be predicting a KC blowout.

Count Alex's Losses
12-05-2005, 09:35 PM
I've watched Dallas all year and they are spiraling out of control. I don't know WTF happened but they aren't playing near as well as they were a month ago.

Mile High Mania
Dallas had a tough divisional game last week, too.

:clap: You can read a schedule!

Count Alex's Losses
:clap: You can read a schedule!

You can read! :clap:

Mile High Mania
I've watched Dallas all year and they are spiraling out of control. I don't know WTF happened but they aren't playing near as well as they were a month ago.

This is very true... they have serious Oline issues though.

Count Alex's Losses
12-05-2005, 09:39 PM
This is very true... they have serious Oline issues though.

That is my main reason for optimism. I think Jared Allen will abuse their offensive tackles.

keg in kc
12-05-2005, 09:39 PM
Losing Nguyen isn't helping either.

Coach
12-05-2005, 09:55 PM
Losing Nguyen isn't helping either.

Yep. He was a solid run-stuffer. Ever since he went out, their Run D just tanked as well.

Halfcan
12-05-2005, 09:58 PM
I really think we can go in there and push them around like we did the cheatin Donks. Bledsoe is not mobile and gets jumpy if you hit him a few times. This is a must win game, as the Donks start their usual season ending slump.