PDA

View Full Version : Kansas City Residents and Visitors...

Fox River
12-05-2005, 08:42 PM
Would you rather have the NBA, the NHL, neither, or both?

I have not been here long and am curious about what your take is on the possible new teams or leagues for the Sprint Center. If this has been discussed here before and or you are tired of talking about it then disregard.

Saulbadguy
12-05-2005, 08:43 PM
I'd probably rather have an NBA team, if I had to choose. I would love both.

KcMizzou
12-05-2005, 08:44 PM
I'd prefer the NBA, though I'm not entirely sure the city would support a team. I've never really followed hockey.

Fox River
12-05-2005, 08:51 PM
This is actually a tough one for me. I like basketball more than hockey. It would be nice to have a team in a league that Saint Louis does not have. On the other hand, the way that the NHL aligns the divisions they would more than likely play in the same one and it would be a sport that would give us a rivalry that can be played out every year in the regular season and more than three to six times a year. Also I am a Milwaukee Bucks Fan and could see them live once a year for certain without going to Memphis, Denver, Chicago, or the Twin Cities.

jidar
12-05-2005, 09:00 PM
NBA. I don't understand why a town with so many College roundball fans can't support an NBA team.

Truthfully, I haven't watched much NBA since MJ was with the Bulls... After he left, well it was like going from color TV back to black and white.
But it's been so long and I'm missing it, I'd definately support a local NBA team.

Bearcat
12-05-2005, 09:08 PM
Before the NHL moved to OLN, Kansas City had the highest tv ratings for hockey for any city without an NHL team... so we would support it.... and personally, I'd rather have an NHL team (even though the NHL needs to cut about 5 teams with the inception of the salary cap).

I was in City Center Square the other day and saw the hole was finished... actually looks like an arena bowl now :thumb:

keg in kc
12-05-2005, 09:08 PM
NHL. I can't stand the NBA.

VonneMarie
12-05-2005, 09:14 PM
The NBA is just a better sport.

Cochise
12-05-2005, 09:16 PM
I'd personally rather have hockey, but either way I'd be a fan.

trndobrd
12-05-2005, 09:53 PM
How about a Major league baseball team?

KcMizzou
12-05-2005, 09:55 PM
How about a Major league baseball team?Heheh

Fox River
12-05-2005, 09:59 PM
The Chiefs have to win a playoff game and prove that they are National Football League team first.

kcfanXIII
12-05-2005, 10:11 PM
i would support both. never really ben into the nba, and only a sasonal ncaa b ball fan. but if the nba was here, i'd def watch. hockey is great, and i can remember how much fun blades games were. so i can only imagine how much fun nhl would be. the stl rivalry would be cool too. can you say road trip once a year?

ChiefsCountry
12-05-2005, 10:17 PM
I want both, its proves we are a major league city not a wannabe.