PDA

View Full Version : The New Chiefsplanet?

Der Flöprer
12-05-2005, 11:21 PM
I started a thread on warpaint saying it was in essence the new Chiefsplanet because half the people online were from here. I just want to note, I mean that as no disrespect because I love this place and WPI will never compare IMHO. However I genuinely wanted to ruffle a few feathers over there and get their panties in a bunch. I hope it doesn't offend anyone, cause I like you guys. :)

Edit: Pretty much I just want to test their mettle.

chiefs4me
12-05-2005, 11:25 PM
There is only ONE chiefsplanet and the other boards don't even come close..

Dunit35
12-05-2005, 11:27 PM
We all may have different numbers in our Media Guide, but we are number one in all internet posters hearts.

Der Flöprer
12-05-2005, 11:28 PM
There is only ONE chiefsplanet and the other boards don't even come close..

I agree with this wholeheartedly. I've been to the other boards and this is far and away the one with all the flavor. I love the fact that I can come here and speak my mind and while I may get smacked in the mouth for it, it is accepted. Sincerely since I am a nOOb I'm just making it clear that this is my home. I'm treating that site to this point like a visitors board. A little trash talking, and some instigation. If I had no respect for Phil, I wouldn't bother. I've always liked Phob though, so I'm curious as to what he can do, and I'm curious to see where he's starting from. So that being said, I'm gonna ruffle those feathers until I see that they can take it like we do over here.

Logical
12-05-2005, 11:31 PM
JMHO but unless you dislike Phil playing games with its membership should now stop. He has a lot to deal with over there and he is trying to make it a better place. On the other hand if you are genuinely interested in participating then by all means you should become involved Phil is trying to grow the place and sincere interest I am sure is appreciated.

Halfcan
12-05-2005, 11:39 PM
Is that "Heavy" mettle-lol,

KcMizzou
12-05-2005, 11:44 PM
JMHO but unless you dislike Phil playing games with its membership should now stop. He has a lot to deal with over there and he is trying to make it a better place. On the other hand if you are genuinely interested in participating then by all means you should become involved Phil is trying to grow the place and sincere interest I am sure is appreciated.Agreed. No reason to make the transition more difficult than it already is. Going over there and acting like an ass will only result in "I-told-you-so's".

Der Flöprer
12-05-2005, 11:51 PM
Agreed. No reason to make the transition more difficult than it already is. Going over there and acting like an ass will only result in "I-told-you-so's".

I'm not acting like an ass over there at all. I'm not telling them they're thin skinned, and can't take criticism. I'm not telling them that they whine and complain, I'm not attacking them at all. If it is going to create problems for Phil then I'm going to stop it all together because that wasn't my goal at all. I'm only visiting the place because of Phil, I'm not there to get in his way. However having a mild mannered nuisance like I can be I feel will help his cause. I know when to shut the valve off and I don't take the shit personally. It's unsolicited and I was just having a little fun. If it bugs him, I'll knock it off.

KcMizzou
12-05-2005, 11:53 PM
I'm not acting like an ass over there at all. Nah... I don't really see anything wrong with your thread at all. I should have mentioned that. I was just speaking in general terms. Sorry.

Der Flöprer
12-05-2005, 11:54 PM
Nah... I don't really see anything wrong with your thread at all. I should have mentioned that. I was just speaking in general terms. Sorry.

No worries, I think I just posted that without thinking it through in regards to ruffling feathers over here. If I get smacked in the mouth I want it to be for a good reason. :) I like to stir the pot a little bit but only in fun.

Cochise
12-05-2005, 11:55 PM
Yeah, if you don't like the place leave it be. That is the road I will take, I didn't see anything endearing so I'll stay put. No need to go poop in the pool at the other site or anything.

SLAG
12-06-2005, 12:46 AM
Wow that place is Annoying and Confusing in its current state

thepascalblaze
12-06-2005, 12:53 AM
History , bretheren, sisteren,.. they have no past foundation built of Slayer Diablo, Recount, Logical etc...

Rausch
12-06-2005, 12:54 AM
Warpaint has a lot of quality people over there.

I wouldn't call it the next anything, I'd call it what it is and give them their props...

dtebbe
12-06-2005, 12:56 AM
Phobs has his work cut out for him...

DT

PastorMikH
12-06-2005, 12:56 AM
I started a thread on warpaint saying it was in essence the new Chiefsplanet because half the people online were from here.

I'll bet that went over like a turd in a punch bowl.

ROFL

PastorMikH
12-06-2005, 12:58 AM
JMHO but unless you dislike Phil playing games with its membership should now stop. He has a lot to deal with over there and he is trying to make it a better place. On the other hand if you are genuinely interested in participating then by all means you should become involved Phil is trying to grow the place and sincere interest I am sure is appreciated.

:clap::clap:

I agree. I must say, there are a few over there that do seem glad to have fresh views coming in.

thepascalblaze
12-06-2005, 01:18 AM
It will grow for sure. I've been and not registered a few times since P left... It took me two years to sign up here... this place has a life of its own. Phobs is doing great. I will lurk everywhere I can peek into chief fandom... Maybe now a little more into WI... BUT PLEASE, understand it is the community that will live on... jeeze, as a deadhead who lived through Jerry dying, I can assure you CP will get by... but then again, the dead've never been the same. Is this even analogous? Not to disparage the MOD role, but I don't think it is. I'm grateful for what he gave us, but someone else will step up. Heck, this ain't even football. It's only football fanary. In sports there are backups. In art, well, there may be someone who can fill in for a while. Here it's a major time requirement, tech knowhow and dineros... let the campaign begin...

chiefsfaninNC
12-06-2005, 05:58 AM
Who is Jerry? And what the hell did you say?

morphius
12-06-2005, 06:43 AM
That was my reason for you not messing with him with your post earlier this week...

Gaz
12-06-2005, 06:59 AM
I see no value in “ruffling WI’s feathers” or “stirring the pot.”

Going there and making CP references is insulting. Plain and simple.

If you are not interested in becoming a member of that community, then just leave them alone to build their BB.

xoxo~
Gaz
Prefers his pot unstirred, but does not mind a feather-ruffle after a couple drinks.

Rausch
12-06-2005, 07:01 AM
xoxo~
Gaz
Prefers his pot unstirred, but does not mind a feather-ruffle after a couple drinks.

ROFL

|Zach|
12-06-2005, 07:03 AM
Lets go light thier country music awards on fire.

Rausch
12-06-2005, 07:04 AM
Lets go light thier country music awards on fire.
ROFL

KCTitus
12-06-2005, 07:23 AM
I agree...leave them alone.

Personally, Im not paying $100 annually to find out '4 days in advance' that Holmes was going on IR, for example, or to speculate on the latest rumor/gossip.

This site is more than getting the 'scoops' in Chiefs news, it's more like a family. A giant, dysfunctional family, but a family nonetheless.

I dont see how that's possible at a place where money is involved--Then it's a business and will not have the same comraderie.

I lurked over there yesterday in the 'free' part of the BB and found Phil's changes not all too welcome. It's obvious to me most of their mods are on some weird power trip in the name of 'keeping the BB clean'. I wish him the best of luck, but feel oddly like Ive lost a long time friend.

KcMizzou
12-06-2005, 07:37 AM
This site is more than getting the 'scoops' in Chiefs news, it's more like a family. A giant, dysfunctional family, but a family nonetheless.

Count Alex's Losses
12-06-2005, 07:41 AM
That place DOESN'T EVEN RUN vBB!!!!

If you're going to crow about being "the best Chiefs message board," at least back it up with some decent software.

Mr. Kotter
12-06-2005, 08:41 AM
That place DOESN'T EVEN RUN vBB!!!!

If you're going to crow about being "the best Chiefs message board," at least back it up with some decent software.

I gotta agree; I know I'm more "use to" this software....but I can't imagine getting to a point where I'd like the stuff they have over-there. Hopefully, for their sake, Phil can fine-tune it some, but I imagine without dumpin' the software there are limitations.

htismaqe
12-06-2005, 11:05 AM
I agree...leave them alone.

Personally, Im not paying $100 annually to find out '4 days in advance' that Holmes was going on IR, for example, or to speculate on the latest rumor/gossip.

I dont see how that's possible at a place where money is involved--Then it's a business and will not have the same comraderie.

I lurked over there yesterday in the 'free' part of the BB and found Phil's changes not all too welcome. It's obvious to me most of their mods are on some weird power trip in the name of 'keeping the BB clean'. I wish him the best of luck, but feel oddly like Ive lost a long time friend.

We here knew about Holmes going on IR the SAME TIME they did. We have people here that have good sources too...

KChiefs1
12-06-2005, 11:59 AM
Looks like Phobia already is dealing with enough over there....I see he has posted something about NEPA already over there!:)

angel
12-06-2005, 11:59 AM
I don't post anywhere but here...

htismaqe
12-06-2005, 12:21 PM
Looks like Phobia already is dealing with enough over there....I see he has posted something about NEPA already over there!:)

Yeah, apparently some of JD's goons have followed Phil over there. What's really scary is that apparently JD has a LONGER and WORSE history with Nick Athan than with Phil!

Fire Me Boy!
12-06-2005, 12:38 PM
Pardon my ignorance, but what is NEPA and who is JD?

htismaqe
12-06-2005, 12:42 PM

Not worth explaining.

Trust me, this is one of those things you're better off remaining ignorant on...

KCTitus
12-06-2005, 12:49 PM
We here knew about Holmes going on IR the SAME TIME they did. We have people here that have good sources too...

It was pretty easy to see that coming sources or not, but that was my point. That kind of information isnt worth what they're charging.

Count Alex's Losses
12-06-2005, 12:50 PM

They're the organized crime family of the Chiefs online world. JD is the Don.

ROYC75
12-06-2005, 12:52 PM
It is not right to rub anything in to our fellow Chiefs Nation brethren...... unless it is NEPA. :d

htismaqe
It was pretty easy to see that coming sources or not, but that was my point. That kind of information isnt worth what they're charging.

The long and short of it for me is this:

I came to the Star board to hear the latest juicy rumors on the team -- free agents, draft talk, injuries. If I thought Warpaint could provide that BETTER than here, that's where I'd be. It can't.

NewChief

"Sources" are way over rated anyway. I have a source with the organization, but, in all honesty, he usually gets stuff wrong most of the time. There's some kind of military term for being too close to the actual situation to develop a clear picture of what's happening. I've found that quite a few players (and thus sources) suffer from that. Plus, the players don't give a crap about a lot of the stuff that we get rabid and nutty about on here.

That being said, having "sources" inside the front office would probably be a little more valuable.

KCTitus
12-06-2005, 12:55 PM
...Plus, the players don't give a crap about a lot of the stuff that we get rabid and nutty about on here.

Heh...I cannot tell you the numerous times Ive been flamed for stating that in a not so obvious way around here.

Believe me I understand.

KCTitus
12-06-2005, 01:00 PM

I came to the Star board to hear the latest juicy rumors on the team -- free agents, draft talk, injuries. If I thought Warpaint could provide that BETTER than here, that's where I'd be. It can't.

Im pretty much the same way. For me it's not so much the content as much as it is the posters. The group that left the Star after it started to act like WPI does now, created this very special place. Our goal was not to be the world leader in Chiefs content and 'scoops', it was a place where everyone was welcome to talk about anything but Chiefs and NFL football were topic #1.

Mr. Kotter
12-06-2005, 01:17 PM
72 hours, and JD is on Phil..... :shake:

http://mb27.scout.com/fchiefsinsiderfrm1.showMessage?topicID=7102.topic

"KlosterPhobia said:

50x50 pixels if I'm not mistaken.

Anybody else find it ironic that a thread about nepa has been hijacked by something as trivial as avatars?

One reply, & one reply only. If you have nothing to hide, you'll let it stay.

If not, I'm sure the few fans here that aren't from CP are going to ask you why you're trying to rekindle an old flame. This feud raged on between me, you & your friends for several years, as you well know.

I sat by night after night, watching you try to bait me. I saw you talk about the members of Warpaint like you're a scientific observer of zoo animals that were forced to cohabitate with another species. Marking their territory? What are they, a pack of dogs?

NFL security, you say? Or maybe the Chiefs organization. Yes, I think they were miffed at both of us in the past. Probably moreso at me because of my flambouyant ways & quick temper.

I won't make it long, Phil. Bottom line is you & your friends tried to slander & bully my wife & me, much like you'll probably end up doing to the regulars here if they don't "adapt" to their new surroundings. Just this past summer, I compiled everything you did. My lawyer put it all in a neat file for us to have.

Mr. Athan brought you in as a hired gun, & I knew it was about me from the get go.

As for phone #'s, anyone who had problems with personal info in the past were people who HORRIBLY abused my wife & me. What can I say? You reap what you sow.

I'll admit that I have a past. I've been no angel in my lifetime. But before we pass judgement, let's look at our politicians - Our senators, governors, our president. You've been jealous of a strong little guy that wears his heart on his sleeve & that wouldn't put up with your sh1t. A guy who stood up to you & your whole gang, all by himself. Maybe just an occasional ally or two.

You could start your slander because that's what you came here for. As for Mr. Athan, I had some questions about him as far as his inside info & such. But honestly I know nothing about him as a man. You are a person who knows nothing about football. You're a lot of fluff. You're trying to run a message board here, but you're having a big drama fest about what should & shouldn't be let go. Stick to football, Phil. But I know you can't do that. History tells us that.

I think this is your crowning glory You've looked so foolish since you've come here, talking about yourself, what you need to do, what the people need to do to make this place grow, etc. It's about football, Phil. You're not a teacher & this isn't kindergarten. Always a make believe world for Phil.

As far as anyone who's joined my board, they've given me their info & we've had lovely talks. We've sent gifts, wine & we're enjoying the rest fo the season & the wonderful holiday that's on the horizon.

Begin your war with me. Let's see how long it lasts this time. You lost it last time. This time you have more allies. But you know how I am. I love the odds.

The Chiefs mean the world to me. The memories I have of them. The fact that they're in my heart. Not who runs them, not what they think of me, & certainly not who you know.

Now send me a PM telling me how you're going to meet Rich Scanlon. That was wonderful.

Ciao, Phil. Knock yourself out.

KCTitus
12-06-2005, 01:22 PM
Woah...Phobia gets to meet Scanlon?! Maybe WPI does have some perks.

BigRedChief
12-06-2005, 01:22 PM

Where's my $100 bucks? :mad:

Count Alex's Losses
12-06-2005, 01:23 PM
What a cock.

BigRedChief
12-06-2005, 01:23 PM

I wish I was ignorant on this subject. Ignorance is defintely bliss in this case.

KCTitus
12-06-2005, 01:26 PM
Seriously, though, JD if he's a 'paying' member of that site does present a conundrum. If the goal is $$, one cannot just go out and start banning the a-holes like we have the ability to do, especially if you're a going concern.

htismaqe
12-06-2005, 01:35 PM
No, "scoops" is not the goal...but we're still right there. :D

And some of our members DO have "sources" in the front office. You can get information here for free that you can't pay for other places...

htismaqe
12-06-2005, 01:39 PM
Mr. Athan brought you in as a hired gun, & I knew it was about me from the get go.

I'm laughing so hard I have tears coming out of my eyes.

It's ALWAYS about him...

Mr. Kotter
12-06-2005, 01:41 PM
I'm laughing so hard I have tears coming out of my eyes.

It's ALWAYS about him...

I quoted the same line over at Phil's place.... ROFL

Mr. Kotter
12-06-2005, 01:42 PM

bon apetite.....but to get the full Monty, you HAVE to register....heh.

www.nepachiefs.com

:)

an excerpt from their discussion forum page:

DO YOU DESERVE ACCESS?!
Our users have posted a total of 28283 articles
We have 251 registered users

The newest registered user is smed1065
In total there are 3 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest [ Administrator ] [ Moderator ]

Most users ever online was 12 on Thu Apr 22, 2004 1:11 am
Registered Users: LakeTiger, NCChief

Cochise
12-06-2005, 01:43 PM
WTF is Kotter going on about?

Mr. Kotter
12-06-2005, 01:46 PM
WTF is Kotter going on about?

You know the Nepachief story, don't you?

If not, you have an entertaining afternoon ahead of you if you choose to pursue it.......heh..... ROFL

ChiTown
12-06-2005, 01:46 PM
Just curious, but why are you folks giving WPI any traffic at all.

Tks

Mr. Kotter
12-06-2005, 01:48 PM

Tks

Why not? I surf this place, along with 3 or 4 other boards...though I don't really post on the others much....:shrug:

Count Alex's Losses
12-06-2005, 01:49 PM
I just registered over there. I'm going to make them cry momma.

Cochise
12-06-2005, 01:49 PM
You know the Nepachief story, don't you?

If not, you have an entertaining afternoon ahead of you if you choose to pursue it.......heh..... ROFL

No. All I know is that it's regarded as a homer board.

I dont really keep up on the member to member drama around here.

htismaqe
12-06-2005, 01:54 PM
I just registered over there. I'm going to make them cry momma.

If you want to register at WPI and cause issues, I guess it's a free country.

But DO NOT -- and I REALLY mean this -- sign up at NEPA to troll. We don't need anymore of that shit.

Logical
12-06-2005, 01:54 PM
That was my reason for you not messing with him with your post earlier this week...Yes in retrospect I see that. I was not doing it to mess with them but to see if it was a tolerant BB. The good news is that at least on that subject it was, though they were not interested in the topic. You will find that I went back and deleted my content in the thread post since they were not interested.

Thanks Morph your advice was solid (as was the advice from others)

htismaqe
12-06-2005, 01:55 PM
EVERYONE:

Let's wrap up all this discussion about WPI and NEPA and MOVE ON.

If this thread is still on the front page tomorrow, I think I'll lock it.

Count Alex's Losses
I'm just kidding, I'm not going to start anything.

And nepa doesn't even exist as far as I'm concerned...

Boozer

Tks

ChiTown and I are compiling names and cell phone numbers. You will be sorry!

Boozer
12-06-2005, 01:56 PM
EVERYONE:

God, Phil leaves and . . . .

KCTitus
But DO NOT -- and I REALLY mean this -- sign up at NEPA to troll. We don't need anymore of that shit.

Yeah, goach...you really dont want to do that. Besides, it would affect the CP community.

PastorMikH
If you want to register at WPI and cause issues, I guess it's a free country.

I'll go a bit further with a bit of advice gochiefs, DON'T bait JD (ChingChangChief) into stuff over there either. Let him and his BB minions go, they aren't worth it and they won't stop once they start in on you.

Logical
12-06-2005, 01:58 PM

TksMy personal reasons are:

1. My like and respect for Phil
2. I like being involved in new and changing BBs
3. Lets face it this BB still has technical problems I would prefer my backup be a Chiefs site rather than the Orangemane (no offense TJ you have an excellent site and have been most hospitible to our incursions).

KCTitus
12-06-2005, 01:58 PM

Yeah, no kidding.

Boozer
12-06-2005, 02:00 PM
Yeah, no kidding.

Perhaps we should make Bob Dole ditch his new screen name so that we can have "TheXtrememaqe."

Logical
12-06-2005, 02:00 PM
EVERYONE:

Sorry I missed this post, yes lock it.

KCTitus
12-06-2005, 02:02 PM
Perhaps we should make Bob Dole ditch his new screen name so that we can have "TheXtrememaqe."

ROFL

ChiTown
12-06-2005, 02:02 PM
ChiTown and I are compiling names and cell phone numbers. You will be sorry!

DON'T **** WITH ME! I HAVE A LAPTOP GDAMNIT, AND I KNOW HOW TO USE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROFL

htismaqe
12-06-2005, 02:04 PM

Wanna be a mod? :D

htismaqe
12-06-2005, 02:05 PM

That was a personal attack and we don't take such attack lightly here...you know, this BB was just fine until you showed up and started throwing out garbage and insults...

Boozer
12-06-2005, 02:05 PM
Wanna be a mod? :D

Hells no. Wait... Can I accept and then auction off the mod rights?

htismaqe
12-06-2005, 02:30 PM
Hells no. Wait... Can I accept and then auction off the mod rights?

You can sell ANYTHING at ebay...

Count Alex's Losses
12-06-2005, 02:41 PM
Mod rights...

Rent-a-mod

htismaqe
12-06-2005, 02:43 PM
Mod rights...

Rent-a-mod

"mall" mod

Cochise
12-06-2005, 02:44 PM
I'll volunteer for the job only on the premise that there are no limitations to my abuse of gochiefs.

htismaqe
12-06-2005, 02:45 PM
I'll volunteer for the job only on the premise that there are no limitations to my abuse of gochiefs.

gochiefs is a mod now...

Count Alex's Losses
12-06-2005, 02:46 PM
gochiefs is a mod now...

No way.

memyselfI
12-06-2005, 02:47 PM
My personal reasons are:

1. My like and respect for Phil
2. I like being involved in new and changing BBs3. Lets face it this BB still has technical problems I would prefer my backup be a Chiefs site rather than the Orangemane (no offense TJ you have an excellent site and have been most hospitible to our incursions).

True confession...

you miss being bi-boardal. ;) Dang, is that term from 'back in the day?' :hmmm:

htismaqe
12-06-2005, 02:55 PM
No way.

You're right. There is no way.

:D

Cochise
12-06-2005, 03:05 PM
(mayor quimby voice)If elected I promise to log in and change gochiefs' name to something explicit and humiliating each and every day(/quimbyvoice)

Count Alex's Losses
12-06-2005, 03:05 PM
You guys abuse me again and YOU CAN KISS THIS WEEK IN CHIEFS HISTORY GOODBYE! :cuss:

PastorMikH
12-06-2005, 03:08 PM

You've got my vote.:)

PastorMikH
12-06-2005, 03:12 PM
You guys abuse me again and YOU CAN KISS THIS WEEK IN CHIEFS HISTORY GOODBYE! :cuss:

What's that?

Count Alex's Losses
12-06-2005, 03:15 PM
What's that?

Are you serious?

PastorMikH
12-06-2005, 03:19 PM
Are you serious?

Is that a new article on the Chiefs site or something?

Count Alex's Losses
12-06-2005, 03:21 PM
Is that a new article on the Chiefs site or something?

Bastard! :cuss:

tk13
12-06-2005, 03:22 PM
ROFL After all these years, Pastor still owns gochiefs.

"Dance puppet, Dance!"

Count Alex's Losses
12-06-2005, 03:25 PM
Oh yeah? WELL YOUR RIBS SUCK ASS!

ct
12-06-2005, 03:26 PM

ditto here

I have no clue what's been happening at WPI, and have never cared to visit NEPA (learned all I needed from some 'guests' here). I have been to warpaint, and frankly, just wasn't interested.

PastorMikH
12-06-2005, 03:27 PM
Oh yeah? WELL YOUR RIBS SUCK !

You are obviously a vegetarian then.:)

PastorMikH
12-06-2005, 03:28 PM
ROFL After all these years, Pastor still owns gochiefs.

"Dance puppet, Dance!"

I'll sell him cheap, make me an offer.:D

chiefs4me
12-06-2005, 03:31 PM
I'll sell him cheap, make me an offer.:D

I'll give you a dollar........ROFL

PastorMikH
12-06-2005, 03:32 PM
I'll give you a dollar........ROFL

I have a dollar! Who'll give me two?

(Say, you do realize that you are paying extra for the shipping don't you?)