PDA

View Full Version : Beating Denver Was Actually a Bad Thing

MahiMike
12-06-2005, 08:30 AM
Headscratcher

After the euphoria of the win settled down, I, being the avid Chiefs fan that I am, started to figure out this whole playoff picture. I came to the conclusion that we may have just shot ourselves in the foot Sunday by beating Denver (hold on now and back away from that flaming keyboard a minute while I explain).

The playoff picture is far clearer than we may think. Actually, all but 1 seed has already been locked up. The rest of the teams are playing for the #6 seed and a visit to either Denver or Cincinatti (depending on which one ends up #3).

Here's the breakdown of the seeding with 4 weeks to go. Print it off and mark it down because this IS the way the season will end.

#1 - Indy
#2/#3 - Cinci/Denver
#4 - New England
#5 - Jacksonville
#6 - Chiefs/Chargers/Steelers

The 1st 2 seeds will get a bye. #3 hosts #6 and #4 hosts #5. The kicker here is that if the Chiefs get that coveted #6 spot, their 1st game would NOW be in Denver. Had they lost last week and then won out, they could be going to Cincinatti.

I don't have to tell a group of Chiefs fans how hard it is for any team to win in Denver - especially our team. I'd much rather be going to Cinci than Denver and playing an inexperienced team with a young QB no matter if he is better than Plummer.

Let the flaming begin...

Count Alex's Wins
12-06-2005, 08:32 AM
Your and idiot.

Gaz
12-06-2005, 08:33 AM
I respect your right to be a gutless weenie.

xoxo~
Gaz
Big proponent of free speech, even for craven free speech.

KCTitus
12-06-2005, 08:34 AM
Winning is never a bad thing, especially against Denver.

carlos3652
12-06-2005, 08:34 AM
morun

Duck Dog
12-06-2005, 08:35 AM
Though it may turn out to be a catch 22, it is never a bad thing to beat anyone, especially the donx and especially at Arrowhead.

Brock
A road playoff game is a road playoff game. It's pretty silly to worry about it at this point.

donkhater
Nope. Cause if we had lost to Denver, even if we would win out, it may not matter. With a 3-3 division record that would give SD the first tie breaker.

Division games are NEVER bad to win. Division home games are must wins.

mlyonsd
12-06-2005, 08:36 AM
Wow. Just wow.

sedated
gotta get there first.

Duck Dog
Winning is never a bad thing, especially against Denver.

I'd have posted mine first if my secretary had not have buzzed me. :cuss:

KCTitus
12-06-2005, 08:38 AM
I'd have posted mine first if my secretary had not have buzzed me. :cuss:

:p

Duck Dog
12-06-2005, 08:38 AM
Your logic also assumes the donx don't lose the next 4 games.

Count Alex's Wins
12-06-2005, 08:47 AM
Your logic also assumes the donx don't lose the next 4 games.

Raiderfan rules!

AlWilsonizKING
12-06-2005, 08:49 AM
the donx lose the next 4 games.

Yeah right you wish we would!!!

PEACE!!!

Cochise
12-06-2005, 08:50 AM
I think I'm dumber for having read that.

siberian khatru
12-06-2005, 08:51 AM
Were you a philosophy major?

Skip Towne
12-06-2005, 08:56 AM
I thought this thread was going to be a spoof on the "Let's go Denver" thread. But nope, just more dumbassery.

trndobrd
12-06-2005, 08:57 AM
I, being the avid Chiefs fan that I am, started to figure out this whole playoff picture.

No, you didn't.

Pasta Giant Meatball
12-06-2005, 08:58 AM
wow...just wow

Big Chief Homer
12-06-2005, 09:00 AM
In the immortal words of Carlos Mencia

"DEE DE DEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

(If you dont get it,it means......)

(your a retard.)

morphius
12-06-2005, 09:00 AM
Losing a confrence game would most likely come close to eliminating us from the playoff picture, so losing to Denver could have ended our season. Not to mention that it could have given Bolts the tie breaker on us keeping us out as well.

Might want to rethink that...

trndobrd
12-06-2005, 09:02 AM
Losing a confrence game would most likely come close to eliminating us from the playoff picture, so losing to Denver could have ended our season. Not to mention that it could have given Bolts the tie breaker on us keeping us out as well.

....but we wouldn't have to go to Denver for a playoff game

Archie F. Swin
12-06-2005, 09:03 AM
The 'Nnati more friendly than Invesco?

Pppppppffffffffffssssssttt

belch :deevee:

Skip Towne
12-06-2005, 09:03 AM

And out of 10,000 sperm, he was the quickest. Unbelievable.

Bwana
12-06-2005, 09:04 AM
Thumping the donks is NEVER a bad thing, now put down the pipe and slowly walk away. :)

morphius
12-06-2005, 09:04 AM
....but we wouldn't have to go to Denver for a playoff game
That is a point, the Chiefs could be safely at home watching it.

Brilliant!

morphius
12-06-2005, 09:05 AM
And out of 10,000 sperm, he was the quickest. Unbelievable. When I opened it I expected to see how we were not going to make the playoff's anyway because their was too much competition and all we did was lower our drafting position...

cause it is that time of the year...

MVChiefFan
12-06-2005, 09:14 AM
Boys, boys, it's even far worse than that! We have shot ourselves in the foot by winning any games at all. If we could have lost all of them then we could have beat out Houston and drafted Reggie Bush. Could you imagine a three man backfield of Bush, Johnson and Holmes. We'd be set!!!

Ari Chi3fs
12-06-2005, 09:16 AM
dont post again until 2008.

Warrior5
12-06-2005, 09:17 AM
This is the second thread in a single day concerning the Donks that I just don't understand. Chiefs beating the Donks is never a bad thing.

...one of my absolute truths.

ChiefsfaninPA
12-06-2005, 09:17 AM
Boys, boys, it's even far worse than that! We have shot ourselves in the foot by winning any games at all. If we could have lost all of them then we could have beat out Houston and drafted Reggie Bush. Could you imagine a three man backfield of Bush, Johnson and Holmes. We'd be set!!!

And if we played our cards right, we could acquire Shaun Alexander through free agency.

eazyb81
12-06-2005, 09:18 AM
I actually thought about this scenario playing out, but I think it's too early to start worrying about what if's like this.

So many things can and will happen in the last 4 weeks, it's almost pointless to try and predict the future.

Fire Me Boy!
12-06-2005, 09:19 AM
Well, shit... that's not gonna happen now!

DAMMIT CARL! :banghead: :cuss:

John_Wayne
12-06-2005, 09:24 AM
Headscratcher

After the euphoria of the win settled down, I, being the avid Chiefs fan that I am, started to figure out this whole playoff picture. I came to the conclusion that we may have just shot ourselves in the foot Sunday by beating Denver (hold on now and back away from that flaming keyboard a minute while I explain).

The playoff picture is far clearer than we may think. Actually, all but 1 seed has already been locked up. The rest of the teams are playing for the #6 seed and a visit to either Denver or Cincinatti (depending on which one ends up #3).

Here's the breakdown of the seeding with 4 weeks to go. Print it off and mark it down because this IS the way the season will end.

#1 - Indy
#2/#3 - Cinci/Denver
#4 - New England
#5 - Jacksonville

The 1st 2 seeds will get a bye. #3 hosts #6 and #4 hosts #5. The kicker here is that if the Chiefs get that coveted #6 spot, their 1st game would NOW be in Denver. Had they lost last week and then won out, they could be going to Cincinatti.

I don't have to tell a group of Chiefs fans how hard it is for any team to win in Denver - especially our team. I'd much rather be going to Cinci than Denver and playing an inexperienced team with a young QB no matter if he is better than Plummer.

Let the flaming begin...Here's your 2 points:
1. We hurt ourselves by winning!!??
2. We should be scared to death of playing Denver in Denver.

My 1 main point:
1. YOU'RE A DUMB@SS!

ChiefsfaninPA
12-06-2005, 09:25 AM
Here's your 2 points:
1. We hurt ourselves by winning!!??
2. We're scared to death of playing Denver in Denver.

My 1 main point:
1. YOU'RE A DUMBASS!

I second that. All in favor type aye.

Fire Me Boy!
12-06-2005, 09:28 AM
Is that "A" or "aye"? :confused:

Extra Point
12-06-2005, 09:29 AM
Could you imagine a three man backfield of Bush, Johnson and Holmes. We'd be set!!!...and run the Wishbone!!!

Your and idiot.

ChiefsfaninPA
12-06-2005, 09:32 AM
Is that "A" or "aye"? :confused:

That would be an "aye"

MVChiefFan
12-06-2005, 09:37 AM
If we did sign Alexander and draft Bush, then how about this little jewel. We get rid of Gonzo, EK and our super weapon Kris Wilson and just have the offensive line, Trent and have Alexander, Holmes, Richardson, Johnson and Bush in the backfield all lined up behind each other. Snap the ball and all hell breaks loose!!! Damn, I should be a coach!!!!

ChiefsfaninPA
12-06-2005, 09:39 AM
If we did sign Alexander and draft Bush, then how about this little jewel. We get rid of Gonzo, EK and our super weapon Kris Wilson and just have the offensive line, Trent and have Alexander, Holmes, Richardson, Johnson and Bush in the backfield all lined up behind each other. Snap the ball and all hell breaks loose!!! Damn, I should be a coach!!!!

You know what, that sounds crazy enough that it just might work.

Dartgod
12-06-2005, 09:44 AM
I would love to go to Dungver for a playoff game. I'm pretty confident we could win there for the rubber game.

MVChiefFan
12-06-2005, 09:46 AM
"You know what, that sounds crazy enough that it just might work."

My stupid alarm just went off on myself. That same feeling I get when I've said too much and my wife gives me THAT look! You fellas know what I'm talking about. I think I'm through with my precious little scenarios!!!

beavis
12-06-2005, 09:47 AM
I'm going to save all these playoff scenarios that are being dreamed up now, just so I can post a thread in 4 weeks showing how asinine they were.

PastorMikH
12-06-2005, 10:04 AM
If we can't beat Denver at infestco, we'll never get past Indy on their turf anyway.

For some reason I have this mindset that winning the SB means you are the best team in the NFL - not the team that got the most breaks. If we are the best team in the NFL, then we are capable of beat any team anywhere.

chagrin
12-06-2005, 10:10 AM
Vlad, GTF back over to the DC forum and share more "wisdom" with meme and jaz

ROYC75
12-06-2005, 10:20 AM
If we can't beat Denver at infestco, we'll never get past Indy on their turf anyway.

For some reason I have this mindset that winning the SB means you are the best team in the NFL - not the team that got the most breaks. If we are the best team in the NFL, then we are capable of beat any team anywhere.

Ditto................ :clap:

BigMeatballDave
12-06-2005, 10:22 AM
There should be a law against this kind of stoopidity...

digi2fish
12-06-2005, 10:28 AM
look forward for a victory in mile high.

jAZ
12-06-2005, 10:28 AM
If we lose to Denver at home, I don't think we even make the playoffs to play Cincinatti.

We needed immediate momentum more than we need to be looking 5 games ahead.

Chief Henry
12-06-2005, 10:35 AM
WHAT ?

Color Red
12-06-2005, 11:08 AM
You can look with hindsight at any win and probably see advantages to losing it (I can't believe I'm saying this...). But usually (ask Paul Tagliabue) you go into any given game with an interest or benefit based on winning the game.

This is so stupid.

Wichita Lineman
12-06-2005, 11:16 AM
Remove all chiefs apparell from your wardrobe,return your chiefs fanclub membership,donate any chiefs memorabilia that you may have. You have officially been outed as an anti chief.Bad to beat Denver are you crazy? Under no circumstances is it bad to beat Denver. I can't even comprehend someone saying that that is not a Denver fan. What an idiot.

Rain Man
12-06-2005, 11:50 AM
Not only would we have the advantages MahiMike mentioned, but we'd get a higher draft choice next year, too. I'm surprised that other teams haven't thought of this (besides the Cardinals, of course).

Otter
12-06-2005, 11:52 AM
I say the team doesn't even show up for the rest of the games. Just sit on the couch, eat nachos and laugh while other teams actually show up to play.

KChiefsQT
12-06-2005, 11:53 AM
If we lose to Denver at home, I don't think we even make the playoffs to play Cincinatti.

We needed immediate momentum more than we need to be looking 5 games ahead.

HEYYY Are you an Arizona Alumni???

patteeu
12-06-2005, 11:55 AM
I don't condone excessive recreational drug use.

DaFace
12-06-2005, 12:10 PM
Umm...I'll revert to the probabilties here. We currently have around a 50/50 chance of making the playoffs. Had we lost that game, our chances would be more like 17%. You're saying you'd rather burn our chances at MAKING the playoffs at all than take our chances at Denver?

%(/

Calcountry
12-06-2005, 12:12 PM
A road playoff game is a road playoff game. It's pretty silly to worry about it at this point.Any playoff game is better than no playoff game, and the only way we assure a playoff game is to win, against anyone and everyone. This thread is just laughable, peace out.

siberian khatru
12-06-2005, 12:13 PM
This thread is just laughable, peace out.

No no no. It's:

PEACE!!!!!!!!!!!

Dartgod
12-06-2005, 12:15 PM
A mod needs to change the thread title to "Smoking that whole bag of weed in one sitting was actually a bad thing".
'Cause that's what I keep thinking everytime I see it.

Warrior5
12-06-2005, 12:17 PM
No no no. It's:

PEACE!!!!!!!!!!!

Speaking of AlWilsonazzking, where'd he go?

Gaz
12-06-2005, 12:17 PM
Okay, what are the chances that, having had a good hoot at his expense, we all show some compassion for MahiMike and let this one slide quietly down the BB?

xoxo~
Gaz
Thinks those are some pretty long odds.

nychief
12-06-2005, 12:24 PM
Lets just get to the playoffs. ****-o-dear.

Dartgod
12-06-2005, 12:24 PM
Okay, what are the chances that, having had a good hoot at his expense, we all show some compassion for MahiMike and let this one slide quietly down the BB?

xoxo~
Gaz

Haha!

Are you new here?

jaxchiefsclub
12-06-2005, 06:09 PM
Better to win and go to Denver in the postseason than to lose and have a reservation in the recliner.

gcbroncos
12-06-2005, 07:51 PM
Headscratcher

#1 - Indy
#2/#3 - Cinci/Denver
#4 - New England
#5 - Jacksonville

Let the flaming begin...

what an interesting take......your fellow board members are piling on pretty hard here....boy you guys turn on each other quickly huh?

PastorMikH
12-06-2005, 07:54 PM
what an interesting take......your fellow board members are piling on pretty hard here....boy you guys turn on each other quickly huh?

No, just people who root for the stinkin', cheatin', ref complaining, crisco wearing Donks to win.

Gravedigger
12-06-2005, 07:55 PM
We know the road we have to take isn't gonna be easy and if we didnt win we would have had no chance to get into the playoffs. The playoffs arent easy and it seperates the good teams from the pretenders like denver is and was exposed for being.

keg in kc
12-06-2005, 07:59 PM
Beating Denver is never a bad thing, no matter how hard you try to rationalize it.

chiefs4me
12-06-2005, 08:01 PM
yea it was a bad thing..very very bad......ROFL I feel so bad about it..:rolleyes:

4th and Long
12-06-2005, 08:04 PM
yea it was a bad thing..very very bad......ROFL I feel so bad about it..:rolleyes:
I'll give you a nickel if you can go an entire without using a smilie in any of your posts.

chiefs4me
12-06-2005, 08:08 PM

:rolleyes:

keg in kc
12-06-2005, 08:08 PM
I'll give her a dime if she can go an entire year without posting.

chiefs4me
12-06-2005, 08:09 PM
I'll give you a nickel if you can go an entire without using a smilie in any of your posts.

hmmmm...entire what....:p ROFL

Skip Towne
12-06-2005, 08:09 PM
There should be a law against this kind of stoopidity...
There is, criminal ignorance.

4th and Long
12-06-2005, 08:10 PM
hmmmm...entire what....:p ROFL
I left it open to you. Coulda been a minute, coulda been an hour, coulda been a day. Doesn't matter now. You already blew it.

chiefs4me
12-06-2005, 08:10 PM

a dime......why you really are cheap....ROFL

kcfanXIII
12-06-2005, 08:11 PM
the attitude of this team has to be must win, from now, this the super bowl. bottom line.
i think big ben's thumb is hurting the steelers, they will slide from picture before the xmas eve game between kc and sd. jax isn't a lock yet, it all depends on gerrard.

oh yeah, you farking idiot

chiefs4me
12-06-2005, 08:11 PM
I left it open to you. Coulda been a minute, coulda been an hour, coulda been a day. Doesn't matter now. You already blew it.

:evil:

penchief
12-06-2005, 08:12 PM
I disagree. I think it was a good thing.

JMO.

4th and Long
12-06-2005, 08:12 PM
I'll kick in 90 cents and make it an even dollar.

Skip Towne
12-06-2005, 08:17 PM
Then what would we do for comic relief?

gcbroncos
12-06-2005, 08:18 PM
No, just people who root for the stinkin', cheatin', ref complaining, crisco wearing Donks to win.

that'd be me.....WHOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!

chiefs4me
12-06-2005, 08:19 PM
I'll kick in 90 cents and make it an even dollar.

ROFL

gcbroncos
12-06-2005, 08:20 PM
We know the road we have to take isn't gonna be easy and if we didnt win we would have had no chance to get into the playoffs. The playoffs arent easy and it seperates the good teams from the pretenders like denver is and was exposed for being.

you talk like you all BLEW US OUT!!!

that was a tight game that went to the wire that frankly could have gone either way....how is that exposing us as not good?

is losing in arrowhead to a 7-4 chiefs team by 4 points something to be embararrassed about?

Skip Towne
12-06-2005, 08:20 PM
What happened to that big tough Marine with the big mouth?

keg in kc
12-06-2005, 08:21 PM
Then what would we do for comic relief?I think we could figure something out. If nothing else, we can pick on the old guy.

keg in kc
12-06-2005, 08:23 PM
What happened to that big tough Marine with the big mouth?'ppears that Skip's looking for a date.

chiefs4me
12-06-2005, 09:10 PM
Then what would we do for comic relief?

shut up old man.........:D

milkman
12-06-2005, 09:56 PM
Headscratcher

#1 - Indy
#2/#3 - Cinci/Denver
#4 - New England
#5 - Jacksonville

Let the flaming begin...

It's to bad the orderlies didn't catch you using the computer before you got the chance to post this.

They must to have been busy with another nutjob to notice you sneaking into the office.

Halfcan
12-06-2005, 10:29 PM
Your assuming that the Donkeys don't choke-as usual-and we don't win the division. That is a huge assumption. And anytime anyone in the NFL beats the cheatin ball lickin Donks-that is a good thing!!!!

milkman
12-06-2005, 10:34 PM
Your assuming that the Donkeys don't choke-as usual-and we don't win the division. That is a huge assumption. And anytime anyone in the NFL beats the cheatin ball lickin Donks-that is a good thing!!!!

He is making that assumption.

I think the Donkeys will lose to either the Ravens or the Bills, and to the Chargers.

Sure-Oz
12-06-2005, 11:32 PM
Losing is never good!!!

carlos3652
12-07-2005, 12:02 AM
you talk like you all BLEW US OUT!!!

that was a tight game that went to the wire that frankly could have gone either way....how is that exposing us as not good?

is losing in arrowhead to a 7-4 chiefs team by 4 points something to be embararrassed about?

Oh really... then all the talk last week about how the broncos were going to take the keys and the chefs are pretenders was what??? I thought the Chefs were 0-11 going in this game and would have no chance to win vs denver after reading all the homerism in the Mane... give me a break... :rolleyes:

Halfcan
12-07-2005, 12:40 AM
When you Assume you make an Ass out of yourself-especially if:

It sounds like you are wishing the Chiefs to lose, rooting for the Donks,
and making it seem like it would be worth hearing their shit for beating us in exchange for some statistical chance at being in the playoffs-as a wild card no less.

gcbroncos
12-07-2005, 03:01 AM
Oh really... then all the talk last week about how the broncos were going to take the keys and the chefs are pretenders was what??? I thought the Chefs were 0-11 going in this game and would have no chance to win vs denver after reading all the homerism in the Mane... give me a break... :rolleyes:

Huh?

What are you talking about?

I can't be held responsible for anyone's comments but mine...I never said we stomp yall...I just hoped we'd win.....

Your post really doesn't apply to what I was posting about...i just had to straighten somebody out about us being exposed as pretenders...

my take was pretty solid IMO...re-read it and i'd imagine you'd agree even through homer eyes....

chiefsfaninNC
12-07-2005, 06:55 AM
Headscratcher

#1 - Indy
#2/#3 - Cinci/Denver
#4 - New England
#5 - Jacksonville

Let the flaming begin...

What I can't figure out is how you still have 2 little green boxes?

jspchief
12-07-2005, 07:29 AM
Honestly, I salivate at the chance to face Denver at Incestco in the play-offs. We owe them some payback from '97, and it would be poetic to go into their house and send them home early.

Denver has been exposed. Their defense sucks, and Plummer is still Plummer if you put pressure on him. IMO, that game last week was a blown screen play away from being a blowout. The score was close, but we moved the ball at will.

If we are going to do anything in the play-offs, we are going to have to beat good teams on the road. We might as well start by beating those f*cking Donkeys in their own stable.

Ultra Peanut
12-07-2005, 05:44 PM

xoxo~
Gaz
Agreed. That would be the nice thing to do.

milkman
12-07-2005, 05:52 PM
Agreed. That would be the nice thing to do.

That's funny.

This had dropped, or almost dropped to the second page, which would have nearly ended the pile on.

But you bring it back to the top to agree with Gaz that letting this subject drop and stopping the pile on would be nice.

You might as well just yelled,

HEY, EVERYBODY, PILE ON!!!!!!!

ROFL

Taco John
12-07-2005, 06:02 PM
I just wnated to let everybody know that I agree with the premise of this thread. You guys are screwed. ;)

dj56dt58
12-07-2005, 06:20 PM
No, the chiefs should have beat denver as they did. They wouldn't have to be afraid of playing denver in Denver, Kansas City, Mexico, or wherever if they would learn to stop the damn boot leg. I mean you'd think by now after years and years of being killed by it they would figure out something to stop the damn thing. If they could do that we can beat them in Denver without a problem.