PDA

View Full Version : Player by player grades as of 3/4 season.........

John_Wayne
12-06-2005, 01:24 PM
Along with individual player grades, feel free to also give the team as a whole, offensive unit, defensive unit and each position group a grade if you want.

Team....... B-

Offense.... B+

QB.... A-
Trent Green...... A-
Todd Collins..... I
Damon Huard..... I

RB.... A
Larry Johnson.... A
Dee Brown...... D-
Tony Richardson....... A
Ronnie Cruz.... C-

WR..... B-
Eddie Kennison..... B+
Sammie Parker....... C+
Dante Hall...... C
Marc Boerigter.... C-
Chris Horn.... C

TE.... A-
Tony Gonzalez.... A-
Jason Dunn..... A-
Kris Wilson..... D

OL...... B+
Willie Roaf..... B+ (due to injury unavailability)
Will Shields...... A-
Casey Wiegman...... A
Brian Waters....... A+
John Welborn...... B
Kevin Sampson...... C
Jordan Black...... C-
Chris Bober..... C
Will Svitek..... I
Jeremy Parquet...... I

Defense....... B-
DL........ B
Eric Hicks....... C+
Jared Allen....... A
Jimmy Wilkerson...... C+
Carlos Hall....... C+
John Browning...... B-
Lional Daulton........ C+
Ryan Sims..... I
Junior Siavii...... C-

LB.... A-
Derrick Johnson.... A-
Kawika Mitchell..... A-
Kendrell Bell..... C
Boomer Grigsby....... C+
Rich Scanlon....... C
Gary Stills...... C-
Shawn Barber....... I

CB...... B+
Patrick Surtain...... B+
Eric Warfield....... B+
Benny Sapp....... B+
Dewayne Washington...... B
Dexter McCleon..... F
Alphonso Hodge....... I

S..... A-
Sammy Knight...... A-
Greg Wesley...... A-
William Bartee...... C+
Jerome Woods........ C-

ST....... B- (considering KR/PR and coverage units)
Dante Hall........ A-
Ed Perry....... I
Dustin Colquitt....... A-
Lawrence Tynes....... B+

IR...... (Those who have played in the regular season.)
Kendall Gammon..... A+
Priest Holmes..... A
Keyaron Fox........ B
Kris Griffin....... B

Discuss..........

Douche Baggins
12-06-2005, 01:29 PM
Kris Wilson gets a B, IMO. He's blocked well and caught everything thrown his way.

How can you ask more out of your 3rd string TE?

Dee Brown gets an I.

Shields should get a B. Didn't play that well early in the year.

Jordan Black gets a D minus. I mean, COME ON.

Tynes gets an A- in my book. His kickoffs haven't been great, but the rest of his game has been cream cheese. Of course I'm biased. :D

Agree with the rest.

B_Ambuehl
12-06-2005, 01:30 PM
What are you grading on? Do you watch film, watch games live, or just watch them on TV. Because if you only watch the games from the fans perspective all you see is who gets the ball and who makes the tackle and that doesn't tell you much of anything. If you really wanna know whats going on and really qualify to judge anybody IMO you gotta go through and watch the offensive line, receivers, defensive line, linebackers, and secondary on each and every play.

BIG_DADDY
12-06-2005, 01:31 PM
GF, I wonder how you would rate as a poster. :hmmm:

Stinger
12-06-2005, 01:32 PM
Boomer Grigsby....... C+
Rich Scanlon....... C

Some one will be along shortly to dispose of you

ROFL

KCChiefsMan
12-06-2005, 01:37 PM
Tynes bets an A- in my book, if not for his 2 FG misses against the Bills he would get an A+ IMO, Surtain/Warfield/Sapp do not get the same score, Bell gets a D-

John_Wayne
12-06-2005, 01:38 PM
What are you grading on? Do you watch film, watch games live, or just watch them on TV. Because if you only watch the games from the fans perspective all you see is who gets the ball and who makes the tackle and that doesn't tell you much of anything. If you really wanna know whats going on and really qualify to judge anybody IMO you gotta go through and watch the offensive line, receivers, defensive line, linebackers, and secondary on each and every play.

Oh brother. We're just fans. It's just an opinion. I'm not asking you to stake your career on it. :rolleyes:

seclark
12-06-2005, 01:43 PM
"Jordan Black...... C-"

you related to him, or something?
sec

John_Wayne
12-06-2005, 01:43 PM
GF, I wonder how you would rate as a poster. :hmmm:

:deevee:

John_Wayne
12-06-2005, 01:45 PM
Some one will be along shortly to dispose of you

ROFL

Honestly, Scanlon has probably outplayed Boomer just slightly. But I'm figuring in that Boomer is a rookie and therefore our expectations are lower for him.

CoMoChief
12-06-2005, 01:52 PM
I think you gave Black, Siavii, and McCleon too much credit.

jynni
12-06-2005, 01:52 PM
Jordan Black...... C-
That's being a little too nice. The guy almost got Trent killed.

I'd give him an F -, D+ if I'm grading on a curve.

John_Wayne
12-06-2005, 02:12 PM
That's being a little too nice. The guy almost got Trent killed.

I'd give him an F -, D+ if I'm grading on a curve. Ouch! You people are harsh. He WAS bad, but not THAT bad.

cookster50
12-06-2005, 02:15 PM
Wow, kids would love you being their teacher.

irishjayhawk
12-06-2005, 02:17 PM
Only glaring one I thought was Carlos Hall at C. I thought he's done better than Hicks, when healthy, which i guess is key.

MOhillbilly
12-06-2005, 02:21 PM
Your grades for the team just proves youre a Homer.

definately not objective.

HemiEd
12-06-2005, 02:22 PM
Kris Wilson gets a B, IMO. He's blocked well and caught everything thrown his way.

Dee Brown gets an I.

Tynes gets an A- in my book. His kickoffs haven't been great, but the rest of his game has been cream cheese. Of course I'm biased. :D

Agree with the rest.

You nailed it Bob, Kris Wilson's last two catches have been for key drive saving first downs. He can't throw it to himself, I think Trent is gaining confidence in his ability though.

cdcox
12-06-2005, 02:28 PM
Your grading scheme lacks consistency.

You give the overall defense a B- but each of the individual groups (DL, LB, CB, and S) each scored higher than that. Same problem with the groups: the overall average for the group doesn't jibe with the playing-time weighted scores of the individual players.

BIG_DADDY
12-06-2005, 02:43 PM
:deevee:

I'm sorry I didn't realize you were so sensitive.

Frosty
12-06-2005, 02:55 PM
You nailed it Bob, Kris Wilson's last two catches have been for key drive saving first downs.

First Down Bigfoot

ferrarispider95
12-06-2005, 04:11 PM
KEEP ****ING DOUBTING MCCLEON

Clint in Wichita
12-06-2005, 04:15 PM
You know the grades in the original post are crap if the only Chiefs to receive less than a "C" are McCleon and Kris Wilson.

Bell should be graded even worse than McCleon.

Jordan Black should be given the boot right now. A definite "F".

irishjayhawk
12-06-2005, 04:38 PM
You know the grades in the original post are crap if the only Chiefs to receive less than a "C" are McCleon and Kris Wilson.

Bell should be graded even worse than McCleon.

Jordan Black should be given the boot right now. A definite "F".
I wouldn't say Bell should be worse than McCleon. Bell might not make big plays but he's better than our alternatives and it seems just being in there helps the D. That isn't something you can say about McPassOn.

Yeah, Black should be given atleast a D, and perhaps an F.

Thig Lyfe
12-06-2005, 04:40 PM
Black oughta get an F.

Deberg_1990
12-06-2005, 04:43 PM
an A- for Green? Id say a B or B+ Hes come on strong the past month or so, but he started very slow the first part of the year.

thebrad84
12-06-2005, 05:01 PM
A- for Dante Hall on Special Teams? Are you kidding? What in the hell has that guy done on returns this year, other than fumble quite a bit? Remember that big Eagles game? His fumble hurt us a lot more than his td return. Other than that one return, his kick off returns have been awful. I don't even want to talk about his punt returns. I mean, I'm not doubting Dante's ability, but with our ST, he hasn't done crap this year. I'd give him more like a C-. He's fumbled, he spins at unnecessary times, and he falls down when a finger touches him. No way he deserves an A- IMO.

John_Wayne
12-06-2005, 06:29 PM
Your grading scheme lacks consistency.

You give the overall defense a B- but each of the individual groups (DL, LB, CB, and S) each scored higher than that. Same problem with the groups: the overall average for the group doesn't jibe with the playing-time weighted scores of the individual players.I just graded from my gut. I have no idea if the scores add up or not. For the individual players I not only rated their performance, but I also figured in the preseason expectations. If a player wasn't expected to do much and he meets that expectation, he may get a B grade even though he doesn't have the stats to match the grade. It's an imperfect system. It's not perfect.

John_Wayne
12-06-2005, 06:32 PM
I'm sorry I didn't realize you were so sensitive. :jester:

John_Wayne
12-06-2005, 06:34 PM
For all you guys that disagree with my grades, feel free to post your own grades for every player like I did. :)

HemiEd
12-06-2005, 06:46 PM
First Down Bigfoot

Keep ****ing doubting Kris Wilson!!! :cuss:

Logical
12-06-2005, 07:23 PM

Dee Brown gets an I.

Agree with the rest.I think you are little generous with Tynes but even I would give him a solid B maybe a B+

I agree with your reassessments on all the rest.

philfree
12-06-2005, 08:03 PM
How bout the grades for the 3rd qtr of the season. Overall we've shown major improvements but that damn Buffalo game.........B+.

PhilFree:arrow:

dj56dt58
12-07-2005, 09:54 AM
Bell has helped the Chiefs out a LOT. Just because the stats aren't there doesn't mean he isn't helping. He blows up lead blockers like nothing and allows other guys like Johnson and Mitchell to tackle the ball carrier a lot easier, which is what his job is. The Chiefs havn't ran a lot of 3-4 which is where Bell would begin to blitz more and really start to shine. But for now, he is a big reason why the Chiefs have the fifth best rush defense. That said, I'd give Bell a B. Go back and watch some film and you'll see Bell does produce even if it doesn't show up in the stats. McCleon could have done better, but remember he is basically a nickel back playing every day corner while warfield was suspended. Now that he's back playing nickel, where he is best suited, he is starting to make good plays and get better coverage. Playing nickel is different from being an every down corner. Siavvi will be a good DT just give him playing time and you'll see.

Frosty
12-07-2005, 09:55 AM
First Down Bigfoot

Keep ****ing doubting Kris Wilson!!! :cuss:

I wasn't doubting him. He comes from nowhere to provide a drive prolonging first down and then, just as mysteriously, disappears again.

Ebolapox
12-07-2005, 11:31 AM
scanlon deserves an A... seriously, you dispose of godzilla, king kong, mothra, AND the loch ness monster in the same season, you get an F*CKING A!!!!

-EB-

Douche Baggins
12-07-2005, 11:32 AM
scanlon deserves an A... seriously, you dispose of godzilla, king kong, mothra, AND the loch ness monster in the same season, you get an F*CKING A!!!!

-EB-

Bitch NO ONE disposes of the Loch Ness Monster! Except maybe Lawrence Tynes...

Ebolapox
12-07-2005, 11:39 AM
Bitch NO ONE disposes of the Loch Ness Monster! Except maybe Lawrence Tynes...

hell, tynes IS the loch ness monster--you recall the training camp bar fight of tynes?? that actually occurred in scotland--scanlon is the one who busted it up by f*cking up tynes' sh*t

-EB-