PDA

View Full Version : Major League or Major League 2

CoMoChief
12-06-2005, 01:45 PM
Which would you prefer to watch first, or which do you think is the better movie. Obviously the movie where they're in the Minors is awful. Both 1 and 2 are indeed sports classics. I just got done watching Major League on HBO2. Though I like both movies, I think this is a case in which the sequel might be a little better. Jack Parkman in the second one makes me laugh because he's a cynical asshole, as where Harry Doyle's (Bob Ueker, gotta love him) quotes are better in the first one IMO. If I lived in Milwaukee, I would never go to a Brewers game not only because they suck, but more so the fact I would just listen to Ueker on the radio, heh.

Your thoughts...

KChiefsQT
12-06-2005, 01:56 PM
Major League

tk13
12-06-2005, 01:56 PM
Most people I've known like the first one better. I've always liked the 2nd one better. I'm not sure why, just enjoyed it more... both are good though.

Dunit35
12-06-2005, 01:57 PM
Both are awesome, but the first is the best. Like most sequal movies, it couldnt compete with the first.

KChiefsQT
12-06-2005, 01:57 PM
Most people I've known like the first one better. I've always liked the 2nd one better. I'm not sure why, just enjoyed it more... both are good though.
you mean.... you laugh??

:p

Count Zarth
12-06-2005, 01:59 PM
I don't know, but all the crap with "Jo Bu, Buddha. Buddha, Jo Bu" cracks me up everytime.

tk13
12-06-2005, 02:00 PM
you mean.... you laugh??

:p
Yeah, it happens sometimes. Nobody has any proof of it though.

Count Zarth
12-06-2005, 02:01 PM
I always thought tk13 laughed. He makes others laughs. He's not a sad clown.

tk13
12-06-2005, 02:02 PM
I don't know, but all the crap with "Jo Bu, Buddha. Buddha, Jo Bu" cracks me up everytime.
I love at the end of the 2nd one when Lou the manager is listening to the game in the hospital and nobody realizes it.

"I love this shit and I may move to England!!" ROFL

Count Zarth
12-06-2005, 02:04 PM
I love at the end of the 2nd one when Lou the manager is listening to the game in the hospital and nobody realizes it.

"I love this shit and I may move to England!!" ROFL

Hell yes.

I also love all the scenes with Randy Quaid, "Indians Fan."

"THEY'LL BLOW IN THE NINTH!"

Alton deFlat
12-06-2005, 02:05 PM
Oh man, they're both great. Major League 2 was one of the rare sequel classics.

Unlike Arthur 2.

Count Zarth
Mmm, and Joe Willie's premature home run trots...as the home runs all turn into deep fly outs. ROFL

Dunit35
On a side not, LJ is dominating in the polls for Fedex ground player of the week. with half the votes.

tk13
12-06-2005, 02:06 PM
Hell yes.

I also love all the scenes with Randy Quaid, "Indians Fan."

"THEY'LL BLOW IN THE NINTH!"
Yeah, good one... that's another area where the 2nd is better... Randy Quaid is great as the crazed fan.

Sully
12-06-2005, 02:07 PM
There is only one "Major League."
Anything made after that is a fraud, unoriginal, unfunny and a pimple on the career of those who starred in them.

Rain Man
12-06-2005, 02:08 PM
The first one had a much better subtextual undercurrent of the economic and cultural disconnect between the United States and the third world.

KCChiefsMan
12-06-2005, 02:08 PM
I didn't like Major League II that much, it was ok but not half as good as the 1st

JohnnyV13
12-06-2005, 04:16 PM
You guys aren't paying attention to the really important issues. The blonde chick (Allison Doody, i think) in Major League 2 is way hotter than any woman in 1.

Deberg_1990
12-06-2005, 04:24 PM
Major League 1 by a landslide. A baseball classic. I still find myself stopping to watch it whenever im channel surfing and it pops up on AMC or Comedy Central. The Tom Berenger/Charlie Sheen/Wesley Snipes combo was great! Renee Russo makes for some fine eye candy.

Sully
12-06-2005, 04:43 PM
Major League 1 by a landslide. A baseball classic. I still find myself stopping to watch it whenever im channel surfing and it pops up on AMC or Comedy Central. The Tom Berenger/Charlie Sheen/Wesley Snipes combo was great! Renee Russo MADE for some fine eye candy.

I changed that for ya...

Raiderhader
12-06-2005, 05:17 PM

"No mawbles!"

Guru
12-06-2005, 06:41 PM
Oh, come on. "Hats for bats" Major League is way better than ML2.

kcfanXIII
12-06-2005, 06:46 PM
what about the one where the team keeps drafting shitty players, selling them as "prospects," and is so terrible, free agents will sacrifice 10 mill and like 3 years cause they want to win?
oh wait, thats that new reality show, filmed here in kc

Demonpenz
12-06-2005, 11:39 PM
major league 1 was rated R major league 2 was pg

ENDelt260
12-06-2005, 11:40 PM
I clicked on this thread just because I knew demonpenz would drop some widom in here.

tk13
12-06-2005, 11:48 PM
Actually I believe the 2nd is PG-13. The only reason the first was R was because they had that cardboard cutout of the owner. If you're going to base the quality of two movies because you can get off on some flat naked cardboard cutout of some no name redheaded skank then you suck giant hamster balls anyway so take your drug riddled cauliflower stump you call a brain over to WPI and get out of my face.

Demonpenz
12-07-2005, 12:24 AM
Actually I believe the 2nd is PG-13. The only reason the first was R was because they had that cardboard cutout of the owner. If you're going to base the quality of two movies because you can get off on some flat naked cardboard cutout of some no name redheaded skank then you suck giant hamster balls anyway so take your drug riddled cauliflower stump you call a brain over to WPI and get out of my face.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110442/ major league 2 was pg. I think also the reason the first was rated R was language. Dorn if you ever tank one like that again i will cut off your nuts and stuff them down your throat

Demonpenz
12-07-2005, 12:24 AM
tk is such a fanboy for major league 2

Demonpenz
12-07-2005, 12:26 AM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110442/ major league 2 was pg. I think also the reason the first was rated R was language. Dorn if you ever tank one like that again i will cut off your nuts and stuff them down your throat

or [Willie Mays Hayes has just made a 'basket catch' to end the inning]
Lou Brown: Nice catch, Hayes. Don't ever ****in' do it again.

greg63
12-07-2005, 01:00 AM
Major League

Ditto

tk13
12-07-2005, 01:09 AM
Hmm, I don't know about that. The language in the second isn't really clean either. They talk about Cerrano's balls and Parkman calls one of Vaughn's pitches the masturbater. Really I just like to give people crap because a lot of people automatically think sequel=suckage. I enjoy it, and that's all that counts.

Demonpenz
12-07-2005, 02:23 AM
Hmm, I don't know about that. The language in the second isn't really clean either. They talk about Cerrano's balls and Parkman calls one of Vaughn's pitches the masturbater. Really I just like to give people crap because a lot of people automatically think sequel=suckage. I enjoy it, and that's all that counts.

yeah i hear that. I like the part where he is like "Unless thats shaquille o'neal in left that ball is gone

tk13
12-07-2005, 02:25 AM
yeah i hear that. I like the part where he is like "Unless thats shaquille o'neal in left that ball is gone
or "Cerrano's gonna need a rocket up his ass to catch that one."

Count Zarth
12-07-2005, 02:30 AM
or "Cerrano's gonna need a rocket up his ass to catch that one."

This is a quote that has stuck with me for a long time.

Fruit Ninja
12-07-2005, 05:03 AM
"i say **** you jo bu i do it myself". or something like that. haha, great classic.

Fire Me Boy!
12-07-2005, 06:31 AM
Hmm, I don't know about that. The language in the second isn't really clean either.
The difference is in the MPAA's guidelines for ratings between the first and second one changed. Nowadays, the original would be PG-13. Under current MPAA guidelines will allow three f-bombs as long as they're not referencing a sex act and brief, non-full-frontal nudity. Considering there are only a couple of f-bombs in the first Major League and the chick is in a thong and tassles, the first ML would be PG-13. Back when it was released, the MPAA did not allow any f-bombs in a PG film (I believe, but I'm not SURE, the first one came out before PG-13 ratings were in effect).

There's my movie lesson for the week. Tune in next Wednesday. Same Bat-time, same Bat-channel.

Gaz
12-07-2005, 06:44 AM
I enjoyed “Major League.”

I did not enjoy “Major League 2.”

xoxo~
Gaz
Short & sweet [not to mention cuddly and hung like a draft animal].

MVChiefFan
12-07-2005, 09:23 AM
Mmm, and Joe Willie's premature home run trots...as the home runs all turn into deep fly outs. ROFL

'WTP' BABY!!!!!!!!!
ROFL

Count Zarth
12-07-2005, 09:27 AM
I should correct myself. The character was Willie "Mayes" Hayes.

http://www.kirstenp.claranet.de/moviefaces/actor/s/ws_majorleague03.jpg

Sully
12-07-2005, 09:31 AM
Are you trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?

MVChiefFan
12-07-2005, 11:20 AM

Have you fellas ever watched major league on regular tv? It's freakin' hilarious! That is if you've memorized every line from the movie like I have. My favorite part is where Dorn walks over to Vaughn after he just boinked Dorn's wife and Dorn says "let's cut the crap Vaughn, I only have one thing to say to you. Strike this GUY (in this really deep Barry White voice) it is so far off it just cracks me up!

Tribal Warfare
12-07-2005, 11:51 AM
Major League, the other movie sucked big ole elephant nuts in comparison. The key ingredient missing in Major League 2 was Wesley Snipes, it ruined it for me when the casted Omar Epps instead.

beavis
12-07-2005, 11:56 AM
Major League, the other movie sucked big ole elephant nuts in comparison. The key ingredient missing in Major League 2 was Wesley Snipes, it ruined it for me when the casted Omar Epps instead.
The key ingredient missing for me in the second one was humor.

The first one kicked ass though.