PDA

View Full Version : Top 5? No.. top 10? Yes, apparently

phxchief
12-06-2005, 02:17 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking?source=nav

First time we've cracked that for a couple months, as far as I recall.

And to answer the question before it's asked: "no one".

phxchief
12-06-2005, 02:18 PM
The only thing I noted is that we're not the lowest ranked 8-win team (like we have been with 7 wins, 6 wins etc).

2nd worst, but there you go.

Cowboys are 14th; we better deliver on the road.

siberian khatru
12-06-2005, 02:18 PM
Who ca ... crap, cut off at the knees again.

PastorMikH
12-06-2005, 02:24 PM
Denver lost and only dropped to #3?

Frosty
12-06-2005, 02:25 PM

But there's no shame in losing to the Chiefs in Arrowhead in December. Haven't you heard?

Stinger
12-06-2005, 02:41 PM

Arrowhead has lost its burst

Frazod
12-06-2005, 02:51 PM
The Faguars should be ranked below us and New York. With their schedule a good high school team could be 9-3. :shake:

Raiderhader
12-06-2005, 02:52 PM
All that MVP talk is quickly being replaced by the familiar Jake 'The Mistake' Plummer sentiments.

All is right with the world once again.

PastorMikH
12-06-2005, 02:55 PM
The Faguars should be ranked below us and New York. With their schedule a good high school team could be 9-3. :shake:

Ours would be 12-0.:D

kcfanintitanhell
12-06-2005, 03:00 PM
Ours would be 12-0.:D

That would all depend on the strength of the high school schedule-ours would probably be brutal.

Baby Lee
12-06-2005, 03:04 PM
But there's no shame in losing to the Chiefs in Arrowhead in December. Haven't you heard?
But Stevie sat there on the ESPN set in his magical underwear and told us Arrowhead had lost it's mystique. I remember because it felt like deja vu from last week.

Frosty
12-06-2005, 03:11 PM
But Stevie sat there on the ESPN set in his magical underwear and told us Arrowhead had lost it's mystique. I remember because it felt like deja vu from last week.

Well, sure - that was before.

But after - now there is no shame in losing there in December. Surely you didn't miss the 4000 times that was said in the various postgame shows?

KCChiefsFan88
12-06-2005, 03:15 PM
The only thing I noted is that we're not the lowest ranked 8-win team (like we have been with 7 wins, 6 wins etc).

2nd worst, but there you go.

Cowboys are 14th; we better deliver on the road.

Pete Pissface has the Chiefs as the lowest ranked 8-win team.

I'm shocked he didn't rank the Chiefs below the Texans and 49ers

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9080511

HemiEd
12-06-2005, 03:23 PM
"All that MVP talk is quickly being replaced by the familiar Jake 'The Mistake' Plummer sentiments."

Sweeeeeeeeeet!

morphius
12-06-2005, 03:23 PM
I think the fact that 3 of the top 6 teams from the AFC are all from the AFC West says something about how strong each team is.

Chargers have what is thought to be the best player in the NFL, so its sexy to have them at the top, plus the fact that they have whipped up on a couple opponents lately. Denver has the best chance, with their schedule to win the division.

Jags are only up there because of their cream puff schedule, even though in their current shape they should be dropped down on the list a lot.

Giant has a Manning, so we know they are great.

Oh well, these things really don't bother me at all anymore.

Mecca
12-06-2005, 03:28 PM

Denver actually improved in the eyes of alot of the national talking heads despite losing. Alot of the sentemint I've heard is "they generally lose big in Arrowhead that didn't happen this time". Odd way to look at things but that's how Denver's being looked at.

sedated
12-06-2005, 03:51 PM
I'm disappointed we didn't set the record for most weeks at #15

Raiderhader
12-06-2005, 03:56 PM
Denver actually improved in the eyes of alot of the national talking heads despite losing. Alot of the sentemint I've heard is "they generally lose big in Arrowhead that didn't happen this time". Odd way to look at things but that's how Denver's being looked at.

And that is a bunch of horse shit. It is usually a struggle for both teams. Last year's game was an abnormal one.

But whatever spin makes the Donks look better....

sedated
12-06-2005, 04:00 PM
The media is relying on the donks to look good, so they can hype a competition with the colts.

Since the donks lost to them the last two years, it could be considered a rivalry game this year.

Raiderhader
12-06-2005, 04:16 PM
The media is relying on the donks to look good, so they can hype a competition with the colts.

Since the donks lost to them the last two years, it could be considered a rivalry game this year.

From the donks' POV.