PDA

View Full Version : How big were the offsides in the first series against D?

NewChief
12-07-2005, 09:04 AM
I know we didn't score on the drive, but I think getting all those offsides/encroachment penalties in that first drive against Denver was huge to our offensive success. I think that they intended on bringing the house on Trent from the get go. Instead they rack up a bunch of penalties. I think this threw off their pass rush and helped set a different tone for the game. Imagine if in that first series, instead of getting offsides, Denver made quick rushes and put Trent on his butt a couple of times. Completely different ballgame at that point.

Kclee
12-07-2005, 09:10 AM
Yes, that was nice. Thinking the same thing during the game. Then Sammy runs the punt 5 yards into the endzone during the first punt screwed up the field postion.

Douche Baggins
12-07-2005, 09:11 AM
I didn't even see the first offensive series since the local affiliate wanted to show the Texans choking away another game...

Kclee
12-07-2005, 09:15 AM
I didn't even see the first offensive series since the local affiliate wanted to show the Texans choking away another game...

It was 3rd and 9 ( I believe ) and broncos go offsides. The next play, 3rd and 4 , broncos offsides again. First down.

MOhillbilly
12-07-2005, 09:20 AM
id say it was huge.

Its nice to think youre in the heads of a defense, and then to KNOW you are.

jspchief
12-07-2005, 09:27 AM
Green typically uses a pretty short snap count. His use of longer/hard counts was effective in slowing Denver's jump.

MOhillbilly
12-07-2005, 09:47 AM
Green typically uses a pretty short snap count. His use of longer/hard counts was effective in slowing Denver's jump.

An observation - i noticed somethings on both sides of the ball that they havent done all year.
Blocking schemes - blitzes - long counts.

Saul Good
12-07-2005, 10:57 AM
In the first game, the Broncos had a read on Trent's cadence. Anticipating the snap count is a huge part of pressuring the passer from the outside. Jared Allen is getting good at this.

Seek
12-07-2005, 11:00 AM
In the first game, the Broncos had a read on Trent's cadence. Anticipating the snap count is a huge part of pressuring the passer from the outside. Jared Allen is getting good at this.

They mentioned this on the radio yesterday. They mentioned how Derrick Thomas always knew when Jeff George was about to snap the ball because he would clutch his fist just before the snap. DT would see this and jump.

The said, that Denver most have discoverd a snap count on Trent and Trent did something different. It wasn't like these guys jumped off sides. They were going.

It forced Denver to stay honest and put them on their heels a little.